The Capital Grille - Phoenix
2502 East Camelback Suite 199
Phoenix, AZ 85016Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Phoenix
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (602) 952-8900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Thursday: 11:00am – 4:00pm, Friday 11:00am-4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday – Thursday: 4:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday 4:00pm – 11:00pm, Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm Lounge Open Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jennifer Anderson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Available for Corporate breakfast meetings and Saturday and Sunday Exclusives prior to open, please contact Torri McFarland at 602-952-8900.
A word from The Capital Grille - Phoenix
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Capital Grille - Phoenix - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
The Capital Grille - Phoenix reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)notable wine list (39)fit for foodies (37)romantic (33)good for groups (18)great for lunch (11)neighborhood gem (9)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Special Occasions made SpecialSocketteDined on 11/3/2014Wow, they make you feel special, our reservation stated it was our anniversary. We were greeted with a Happy Anniversary by the hostess, our table had an anniversary card on it, their were little hearts on the table and then to finish off our evening they had a special dessert for us with "happy anniversary" in cocoa on it. Our steaks were perfects, and a great wine list. Our server was amazing, always there but never there. We had a marvelous time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shoregirlVIPDined on 11/3/2014The food was outstanding and the service was perfect! Looking forward to going back again.Special Features:
- Service was lackingGoodFoodVIPDined on 11/2/2014For a slow Sunday night, I was disappointed in the slow service and general lack of attention. Multiple times my water glass was left empty and I had to flag someone down. My menu was taken with the wine list and no one came by for quite a while, in order for me to ask for another one. I was not told about the specials either. The food was good, but slow. And the piece of cake it got was so tiny, that it could hardly be shared (and no I'm not a big eater, it was just tiny).Special Features:
- Excellent service, great mealSLK1Dined on 11/1/2014Never disappoints. Our waiter was excellent and the food quality and taste very good.Special Features:
- Fabulous!bigdogdanoDined on 10/29/2014I'm a pretty experienced and seasoned steak house affecionado and the Capital Grille ranks up there in the top 10, easily. My #1 is the Metropolitan Grill in Seattle, that's "my" standard of excellence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 7HappyDinersDined on 10/29/2014The lighting is too dark, especially when seated at the table without any light overhead. Also the wine list was plentiful but the size of the font was difficult to read.
- yossieVIPDined on 10/27/2014A outstanding restaurant for any occasion. We went for our anniversary and enjoyed special service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday celebration done rightjspiegDined on 10/27/2014I booked a romantic dinner date with my husband for his birthday. From the moment we walked in, employees from bartenders, wait staff, bus boys, and managers were wishing my husband a wonderful day. They even decorated our table and made a wonderful custom birthday desert. All for simply mentioning what we were celebrating when booking through Open Table. The food was superb and the service was phenomenal. It was a home run birthday celebration for sure.Special Features:
- Capital Grill PhoenixRochelleDined on 10/25/2014As ever, Capital Grill checks all the boxes. It's wonderful for romance, business, or just a great place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent quality!mich260Dined on 10/23/2014Been eating at Capital Grill for years, and I'm never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slow serviceDiner1776VIPDined on 10/23/2014The steaks our party ordered were excellent -- tender, very flavorful, and cooked exactly as ordered. My salmon was also outstanding. The restaurant is usually busy on week nights and not as busy on weekends. When we arrived at 5:30 on a week night, the restaurant was empty and service was very attentive. However, by 6:30 PM the restaurant was completely full and service had slowed almost to a hold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant restaurantSteak5Dined on 10/23/2014Nice and cosy place . Excellent food and service. It would be great for special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but a little over the top...JLeoDined on 10/19/2014The food was actually quite good but the prices still seemed a bit exorbitant for a chain restaurant. A little on the stuffy side so not for everyone.Special Features:
- Absolutely unforgettablealohaguyDined on 10/18/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Capital Grille and it was in a word; exceptional. Our table was sprinkled with hearts and we were presented with a card from the restaurant congratulating us. Our server, Rebecca, was VERY attentive. She was personable and professional. The Maitre'D also stopped by to check on us and to give his congratulations. Just what you would expect from what I would categorize a very upscale restaurant. My filet was perfect, the sides were perfect. We were sent home with leftovers boxed and bagged, with a note from the chef to say that they appreciated the fact that we enjoyed our meal so much that we wanted to take the rest home. A very memorable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsErinBroVIPDined on 10/18/2014We eat at Capital Grille often, and it never disappoints. We were traveling last week and found one in Phoenix. Since it was Saturday night, we asked to sit in the bar so that we could watch the football games. The service in the bar was still excellent, and the food as always was superb.Special Features:
- Done RightthebabydocVIPDined on 10/17/2014I had criticized the service last time so it's only fair to give credit where it is due. Not wanting to dress up, we had dinner at the bar and had an outstanding meal. Our waiter was awesome, checked on us frequently (enough) and was not the least bit pushy or condescending as we have sometimes experienced. Food came fast and perfect. This kind of food and service is why we return here so often.Special Features:
- JaneDined on 10/13/2014very ENJOYABLE TIME A GREAT SPOT FOR A NICE DINNERSpecial Features:
- An eloquent experienceWilliDined on 9/27/2014The service is better than the incredible, delicious food. They give you personal attention while working as a team together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- May be best steakhouse in PhoenixAZFoodieVIPDined on 9/24/2014Did a “classic’ salad, steak, potato meal. And it was as good as it gets. Salads were cold, crisp and perfectly dressed. We both had the filet, served a precisely proper medium-rare. The cut was flawless and tender; the flavor outstanding. My companion and I both agreed that this was one of the best steaks we’ve had in the Phoenix area, easily giving Durant’s, Donovan’s, Shula’s, etc. a run for the money.Special Features:
- Worth the PriceJenKDined on 9/18/2014I have been to The Capital Grille in other cities and had a great experience, and Phoenix is no exception. The service was outstanding, the food terrific, and the atmosphere is upscale and has a "special occasion" feel. My business colleagues loved it. The staff were friendly and very accommodating. Worth the price.Special Features:
- Great service, poor food.LordofEntropyVIPDined on 9/12/2014The service was excellent here, great friendly staff. However, the food was extremely disappointing. I'm more than happy to pay 50 dollars for a steak, but I expect it to be done correctly. I get my filet rare, the first one was medium at best, only slightly pink and hot in the center. The second one that came out was more like a blue rare, it was COLD, not cool in the center, cold like touching your ice water. We barely ate any of the food. When paying nearly 300 dollars for two people I have the expectation that things are going to be done right, I'm not picky, but it needs to be done right when you're paying those prices. They ended up comping my steak and as mentioned the staff was great, not sure what was going on in the kitchen.Special Features:
- simply outstandingmjk1950VIPDined on 9/12/2014This restaurant sets the gold standard in every aspect. It is one of the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnnVIPDined on 9/12/2014It was fantastic. Best celebration of a special occasion ever.Special Features:
- Great date nighttwoodDined on 9/6/2014We've been there before and have never been disappointed. It is one of our favorite date night places. The food is excellent and the atmosphere is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter blew the experiencethebabydocVIPDined on 9/5/2014This is one of our "go to" places in Phoenix (where we live). We go about every 4-5 weeks and it is a favorite spot for special occasions. This time was my wife's birthday. We always bring our young daughter, who LOVES TCG. The food is ALWAYS 5/5 stars. Service is generally excellent with the waitstaff ranging from EXTREMELY attentive and sincere to (infrequently) off-putting and pushy (as if we were not ordering enough food or alcohol for them to be bothered with us.) This time was an extreme version of the latter, and it is a shame because it detracted from the otherwise excellent dining experience. As part of the "snob" treatment, our waiter solicited wine refills at least 3 times before our entrees came out almost 40 minutes late.Special Features:
- BradgVIPDined on 9/3/2014Always the best service and food. Always confident I can take clients and enjoy the experience.Special Features:
- Thanks to a FriendFoodFan20Dined on 8/31/2014After asking a friend for a recommendation for a very special occasion, I immediately set my reservation. The following day, I called the restaurant to "take it up a notch". They allowed me to select the entire dinner menu right down to the beverage that they did not carry on their list. The evening in a word: OUTSTANDING. And Our waiter was a fabulous host throughout the night. He was engaging yet did not come around too often. His presentation of the food was spot on. He presented the alternative drink in a fun way. And he left me with his business card for my next trip to The Grille. As Arnold Swartzenegger said in Terminator, "I'll be back!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Find!TedRDined on 8/30/2014Arrived to find our table with a wedding anniversary setting! Service was great - prompt, efficient and engaging. The manager stopped by to chat and was truly interested in our dining experience. The flight of wines was very delicious and fun. The steaks were prepared perfectly and the most tender, juicy that I have eaten in a long time. The lobster mac n cheese and cheesecake were especially notable also!Special Features:
- Excellent place for special eventsjltAZDined on 8/30/2014The staff goes beyond expectations to make you feel welcome and really takes care of your wants and desires. The place is pricy, but worth it.Special Features:
- I love this place!FoodmonkeyDined on 8/28/2014The food is always amazing and the staff is fantastic! The lunch menu is reasonable and I love having business meetings here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2014We had a special celebration for lunch. Seven people. The waitress had the Chef prepare special desserts to celebrate the occasion without us knowing. GREAT customer service. Oh, and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak Seekerrudy2Dined on 8/8/2014Food very good. Went because of dry aged steak offering. Had porterhouse. Was tender but lacked flavor. That said, appetizers (blue point oysters and lobster-crab cakes were very satisfying. Service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful placeFoodieDined on 8/2/2014Although pricey, this is a great place to go for celebrations and special occasions. The food is marvelous, as is the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my 60th with wine tasting, GREAT!!persnicketyDined on 7/31/2014We had a blast!! Thank you for making veggie dishes for my two vegetarian friends!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for celebration!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/23/2014We celebrated my son's birthday and the staff went above and beyond to ensure the table was decorated and they brought him a special dessert plate after we ate. Overall, it was a terrific experience and as always, the food was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 480 reviews are from the The Capital Grille - Phoenix reviews archive.
- Capital GrilleRobReviewDined on 7/19/2014Always a fine dining experience no matter what town or City you're lucky enough to find one in. Always excellent food and vast wine selection. Great for groups, friends or romantic interludes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They take good care of youTXNinAZVIPDined on 7/11/2014First time here since moving to Arizona. First time for lunch. Nicole took excellent care of us. The food was spot on. Great lunch value. Can't wait to get back to Phoenix to dine again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Seventh!DoctorMarkDined on 7/7/2014We had an amazing time for a special night at the Biltmore Fashion Park location. Flowers were delivered without a hitch. Staff welcoming, server Nicole Neumann friendly but not obsequious, and the Chef made us extra touches that were very appreciated, including an amazing, customized dessert. Prime steaks seasoned and cooked to perfection. The Generous Pour summer wine promo is a fantastic deal, seven moderate glasses of wine for $25, including a delicious dessert wine. Not rushed at all, classic steakhouse décor, with many private dining rooms along the walls. All in all, one of the best dining experiences we've ever had.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/25/2014We selected the Capital Grille for our 26th anniversary dinner based upon my wife's previous dining experience with her workmates. The service and food were worthy of a special occasion. Similar is atmosphere to a Flemings Steakhouse, this location was noticeably more quiet which was a plus. While there are no scenic views, the layout allows for couples to have a fairly private dining experience. The wine list is pretty decent but as one would expect, expensive. For example, one can buy a bottle of Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc for about $10 at any grocery store. A glass of KC wine runs $11 at CG. You get the picture. Dinner for 2 inc tax was just under $200. Overall, a very pleasant experience!Special Features:
- Business power dinnerSeattleGuyDined on 6/22/2014We needed a quiet and elegant dinner venue to discuss an important event the next morning. All six of us thoroughly enjoyed the prosciutto wrapped mozzarella appetizer, lox and capers today, and the very sumptuous bread assortment. Steaks were perfectly cooked. Service was perfect, our waiter was very respectful of the pace of conversation and let the fairly intense discussion flow...but was there immediately when we needed him. Being from Seattle, I needed a recommendation and was glad I took the advice. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.