The Capital Grille - Phoenix
2502 East Camelback Suite 199
Phoenix, AZ 85016Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Phoenix
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (602) 952-8900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Thursday: 11:00am – 4:00pm, Friday 11:00am-4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday – Thursday: 4:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday 4:00pm – 11:00pm, Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm Lounge Open Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jennifer Anderson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Available for Corporate breakfast meetings and Saturday and Sunday Exclusives prior to open, please contact Torri McFarland at 602-952-8900.
A word from The Capital Grille - Phoenix
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Capital Grille - Phoenix - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
The Capital Grille - Phoenix reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)fit for foodies (37)notable wine list (37)romantic (34)good for groups (18)great for lunch (12)neighborhood gem (10)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Happy Seventh!DoctorMarkDined on 7/7/2014We had an amazing time for a special night at the Biltmore Fashion Park location. Flowers were delivered without a hitch. Staff welcoming, server Nicole Neumann friendly but not obsequious, and the Chef made us extra touches that were very appreciated, including an amazing, customized dessert. Prime steaks seasoned and cooked to perfection. The Generous Pour summer wine promo is a fantastic deal, seven moderate glasses of wine for $25, including a delicious dessert wine. Not rushed at all, classic steakhouse décor, with many private dining rooms along the walls. All in all, one of the best dining experiences we've ever had.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/25/2014We selected the Capital Grille for our 26th anniversary dinner based upon my wife's previous dining experience with her workmates. The service and food were worthy of a special occasion. Similar is atmosphere to a Flemings Steakhouse, this location was noticeably more quiet which was a plus. While there are no scenic views, the layout allows for couples to have a fairly private dining experience. The wine list is pretty decent but as one would expect, expensive. For example, one can buy a bottle of Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc for about $10 at any grocery store. A glass of KC wine runs $11 at CG. You get the picture. Dinner for 2 inc tax was just under $200. Overall, a very pleasant experience!Special Features:
- Business power dinnerSeattleGuyDined on 6/22/2014We needed a quiet and elegant dinner venue to discuss an important event the next morning. All six of us thoroughly enjoyed the prosciutto wrapped mozzarella appetizer, lox and capers today, and the very sumptuous bread assortment. Steaks were perfectly cooked. Service was perfect, our waiter was very respectful of the pace of conversation and let the fairly intense discussion flow...but was there immediately when we needed him. Being from Seattle, I needed a recommendation and was glad I took the advice. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Enjoyed the evening. Food was great and service wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceJT41Dined on 6/17/2014Overall I could not have been more pleased with our experience at the Capital Grill. Great service from bar to table, by ALL staff. Food was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KailaVIPDined on 6/14/2014Jon, our waiter was very helpful with the Gluten Free Menu for one of the guests and offering suggestions for all of us. We all had different fish dishes which were delicious and very generous portions. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- Always a great steak dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/8/2014Great prime steak location, and service is always top notch. If you are into wine, ask for the 'real' wine list. The menu has a 2 page wine list included, but they have another that has much more on it and some great selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak and seafood paradiseTrvlnetr66Dined on 5/31/2014Capital grille is the classic steak and seafood restaurant: Quiet, dark wood decor, fine wine list, attentive service. My wife and I both had the Grilled Chilean Seabass. It was the best we have ever had, hands down. Cooked to perfection with a light broth than kept it moist, even with a light char crust. Lobstercrabcakes were also the best we've had, with amazing relish and sauce. We were blown away by how good this place was and will return to try the steaks.Special Features:
- Consistently goodTravelfoodyVIPDined on 5/26/2014Sometimes forget about it being here but never disappointedSpecial Features:
- Always greatMikeSDined on 5/26/2014Spectacular service from time we walked in til we walked out. Nicole (our server) was absolutely exceptional. Food was great, like it always is. Keep up the awesome work!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday boyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/26/2014We took our son for his 20th birthday. The table was set up to celebrate with a card and the server wished him happy birthday several times. The food was excellent as it has always been and never disappoints. The server was great. My son was also served a special dessert tray with Happy Birthday written in chocolate. I would highly recommend this restaurant to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekShelby65Dined on 5/25/2014$40 For a 3 course meal, perfectly cooked filet mignon and delicious flourless chocolate cake along with great service. Capital Grille is a great place to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of Restaurant WeekBobAzDined on 5/25/2014Best Restaurant Week experience by far. Just business as usual at a premium location, with food, drink, and service all at the highest levels. No sense of industrial prep as at some other places, with a FABULOUS menu for RW that we supplemented with some indulgences (steak tartare, shrimp cocktail) we hadn't had in a while -- I'm still savoring the flavors! Service was professional and personal, just the right level of attentiveness and help with answers about the menu and wine list. And house-prepped, silvery-sided anchovies with the Caesar salad? Haven't seen those in years, one of the little things CG did so well. We will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealAZFoodieVIPDined on 5/24/2014Did a “classic’ salad, steak, potato meal. And it was as good as it gets. Salads were cold, crisp and perfectly dressed. We both had the filet, served a precisely proper medium-rare. The cut was flawless and tender; the flavor outstanding. My companion and I both agreed that this was probably the best steak we’ve had in the Phoenix area, easily giving Durant’s, Donovan’s, Shula’s, etc. a run for the money.Special Features:
- Very Consistent!OldProVIPDined on 5/23/2014Food and service is always very good! They were very nice to my 2 year old grandson!Special Features:
- Great service and ambienceLivingfullyDined on 5/21/2014First time we went we were "wowed". Everything was outstanding. This time the food lacked a bit but still an overall great experience. Service is outstanding and the desserts are awesome. Especially a great place for special occasions.Special Features:
- Our Capitol GrillBunnyDined on 5/21/2014We've been dining at this location since it opened. We've had the most amazing server, Terry Wilson, and always sit in his section. All the staff at this location should be commended. They are a great group, great food, lovely experience!Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekRufusDined on 5/21/2014The highlight was Jorge our waiter. He is probably the best waiter we have had in Phoenix. Since this was restaurant week there was a set menu for the visit. Several great choices. I chose the 14 oz. Steak, my wife the 8 oz filet. The bread was good, the mash potatoes were very good. The salad was ok, just a fresh garden salad. I did not like the half cooked green beans, yes i know that is what everyone is doing but I don't like the taste at all. The desert, we chose the flower less chocolate cake. Excellent choice. Very good with a cup of coffee or expresso after the meal. This was a very nice evening meal for us and I will make The Capital Grill a choice for dining in the future. Again thank you Jorge for your great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant WeekScottsdalefoodieDined on 5/19/2014I have been to this restaurant many times. However three of my friends wanted to try it. They loved it! The service from Robbie was outstanding and his extra side recommendations were superb. What a fantastic evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent Restaurant Week MenuMargaretDined on 5/17/2014a bargain for a great meal. Salmon is fabulous; Kona coffee rubbed steak cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- exceptional servicekerryDined on 5/11/2014My daughter and I celebrated mothers day there unfortunately she just had oral surgery and we could only order side meals. There was a small glitch in the meal and our waitress immediately remedied and surprised us with no bill and a dessert. I have been to numerous 5 star restaurants when plenty had gone wrong with my meal and simply received an apology. Capital Grille Biltmore went above expectations and for that they will have my business forever. Thanks to our waitress and her manager.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindyVIPDined on 5/11/2014We were neglected during dinner. The waiter had larger tables that he was catering to. It took us 15 min to have someone wrap up our food and give us the bill.Special Features:
- Outstanding Dining ExperienceculinarysnobDined on 5/11/2014Truly exquisite food and exceptional service. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Mother's Day Brunch DisappointmentLuckyoneVIPDined on 5/11/2014The 2013 spectacular Mother's Day buffet was replaced by a limited item, fixed price ($50) brunch menu. The delivered order of T-bone steaks and potatoes was in error. The steaks were overdone, cold and of poor quality beef. We ordered a side of au Gratin potatoes and were served lyonnaise potatoes instead. We sent back one steak and the potatoes, and the order was rectified, but the quality of beef was still poor. We ordered cocktails (at an additional cost) and no offer of an alternative beverage (coffee, tea) was offered. We had previously enjoyed several dinners at the Capital Grille, so this lack of food quality and neglect in the server's attention will definitely negatively impact our decision to eat there again.
- Mother's Day brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014This was our first visit to Capital Grill and I was excited about the menu. Lobster eggs Benedict sounded wonderful to us. The bread basket was delightful, moist and delicious. We had the mimosas and although expensive they were very tasty. I was disappointed in the eggs Benedict, for the price it was just ok. The decor seamed really outdated and the carpet was filthy. I don't think I would go back. I was expecting something special and just got mediocre. The two of us spent $160 for brunch, for that price I would hope I would leave feeling better about the meal.Special Features:
- Not as good as other Capitol GrillsmchsnDined on 5/10/2014The food and service were only average. We've been to one other Capitol Grille and this one did not compare.Special Features:
- willdebDined on 5/10/2014Excellent dining experience and service superb. Definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grill "Lunch menu Plates"SmittyPHXDined on 5/5/2014The sirloin hash plate is awesome! Incredibly tender and the egg was perfectly cooked to my order. I included a cup of chowder for a great meal. Capital Grill is one of my favorites for a business lunch.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/25/2014I have dined at Capital Grille for lunch and dinner numerous times. On this occasion I decided to sit in the bar area; I was there early, it was quiet and slowly the energy grew. I enjoyed the signature cocktail with vodka and infused pineapple, refreshing. The Capital Chopped salad was a surprising delight, fresh, crisp and filled with ingredients that worked well together.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC dining experience!LancelotE49Dined on 4/20/2014We had Easter brunch here, our first Easter as a new family - and our first visit was an experience we absolutely loved! EXTREMELY friendly and attentive staff, from start to finish, it felt as if we were specifically being catered to. Though I never expect such attentiveness at any restaurant I dine at, their friendly table side chats were not suffocating or forced, and the food was a great mix of perfect presentation and exquisite taste. Even our 5-yr old had a wonderful time, and our server went out of her way to include him in course selection and conversation throughout the meal, to us this effort on her part was priceless. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:
- DBJBVIPDined on 4/15/2014Capital grille is consistently a great place to dine!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25th AnniversaryKayeVIPDined on 4/12/2014We had a wonderful dinner - the hostess sprinkled hearts all over the top of the table for us and wished us the best. Then she presented us with a sweet card. Our waiter, Robbie, was eager to please. We always have an outstanding experience at Capitol Grill. It's just part of their culture to make sure every guest does just that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food expertly preparedHungrytravelerVIPDined on 4/9/2014Fabulous food expertly prepared but loud. So loud that a table of 5 had real trouble hearing one another. There were too many large groups in same part of restaurant. Detracted from what was a superb food experience. Too nab really since none of my guests had ever been to a Capital Grille.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great "go-to" placethebabydocVIPDined on 4/5/2014We go to this location quite frequently, often for "special" events. This time it was our daughter's 7th birthday. They are always amazingly accommodating and everything on the menu is good because it is FRESH and Prime quality. The wine selections by the glass are also always excellent. The service was spectacular, as usual. They are never pushy about trying to stack "extras" onto your order (unlike Ruth's Chris, for example, where the servers are always obvious and pushy in trying to tack on a $16 "Oscar" to your $50 filet- this gets old real fast when you're having a $200 dinner.) Capital Grille is always a great (albeit slightly expensive) "go to" place for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!daisyDined on 3/29/2014Excellent and superior service with attention to every detail! Food taste was delicious, made our birthday celebration SPECIAL!!Special Features:
- Great food, service and venue!OneFoodieDined on 3/28/2014We received a gift card for this restaurant and we enjoyed the evening there. Knowledgeable wait staff and accommodating in our food choices and sharing requests!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/26/2014Capital Grille is one of my most favorite places to eat dinner in Phoenix (Camelback). I usually go there for a special occasion. My friend and sister wanted to try it for lunch. The menu had plenty to offer in a nice moderate price range. The staff was extremely accommodating because my friend had a broken ankle and was in a wheel chair. I have never been disappointed for dinner and lunch proved to be just as wonderful. LOVE THIS RESTAURANT!!Special Features:
- Great place to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014We had a great celebration day, our anniversary (husband's also belated 30th and the fact he got promoted that day). They decorated our table, with petals, and stars, and provided champagne and desert. Their champagne list was fantastic and we ordered a bottle. The oysters were also great.Special Features:
- Bread salad and wine good.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/19/2014Bread salad and wine good. Meat was so tough had to spit out 5 bitesSpecial Features:
- I enjoyed the best ribeyeOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/13/2014I enjoyed the best ribeye steak sandwich in town. Perfectly cooked 'medium, with a hot pink center' tender, juicy, delicious! The parmesan truffled fries were unbelievable, tasty not too salty and the potatoes were not overcooked! If you are looking for a lunch place to impress and recive the highest of staff service, you must visit the Capital Grille, Biltmore!!!Special Features: