The Capital Grille - Philadelphia
1338 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (215) 545-9588
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 3:30pm; Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Monday – Thursday: 3:30pm – 10:00pm, Friday: 3:30pm – 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jeff Froehler
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Private dining and special events contact: Amanda Giddings, Sales Manager at 215.545.9588
A word from The Capital Grille - Philadelphia
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our team has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located on the Avenue of the Arts at the corner of Broad & Chestnut Streets.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Capital Grille - Philadelphia - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
The Capital Grille - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
331 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (233)notable wine list (142)fit for foodies (134)romantic (116)good for groups (113)great for lunch (61)hot spot (56)vibrant bar scene (55)neighborhood gem (34)great for brunch (8)late-night find (8)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- A great experiencePhillyFrankVIPDined on 11/23/2014Staff were excellent and the food was special. Don't miss the desserts and of course the Stoli Doli martinis!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/22/2014Great night and wonderful waiter! Vance helped make our evening perfect. Great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place--still our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/22/2014Still the best place to go for dinner in Philadelphia. Superb for special occasions. The best steaks anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grill is the best SteakhouseFoodie2Dined on 11/22/2014Our party had an absolutely fabulous dinner. House merlot was great. Service was absolutely impeccable. Waiter knew we were going to a show and made sure our food came on time so we could get to our destination. It was our fourth visit to the Capital Grill in Philly and it is always a pleasure. I rank it first among the steakhouses in our area and I have been to all of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steak, great locationnbks3VIPDined on 11/21/2014Went for a business dinner and it was very acceptable, though nothing exceptional. The steak was great, although they brought one with sauce when it had been requested on the side, but it was quickly replaced. I'd go again because it was easy to book through OpenTable and modify the booking, and the location was exactly where I wanted to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysjdmmemDined on 11/18/2014No matter what city I land if there is a Capital Grille nearby I have dinner there. Philly is a great city and is well represented by the Capital Grille on South Broad. We flew into Philly to celebrate our 23rd wedding anniversary and our first nights dinner was with the Capital Grille team who made it special with a rose and free desert. Bob was our server and went over the top to make our night and enjoyable one -thanks for making it special. Last week we went to the Capital Grille in downtown Miami and in three weeks we will be at the one in Sarasota Florida. Love them all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than Others AroundPaulVIPDined on 11/18/2014Have been here many times and it is better than the other steak places near by like DF or B&S or others. You feel like a person/customer here vs. another individual to shuffle in or out. We wanted to wait 20 minutes to enjoy a drink and chat...that was not a problem. Bob A handled our table and he was excellent. Food arrived hot and cooked to perfection. I got seafood while my dining partner got steak. I think steak is their focus but the black cod was excellent. Already planning a return trip in January.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/18/2014Server was perfect. No one rushed us. Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grille-Wonderful overall experienceGlad2helpDined on 11/16/2014We went to the Capital Grille to celebrate my mother's birthday, my wife's birthday, my son getting his driver's license, and our anniversary. When we were shown to our table, there were 2 roses on the table; one for my mother and one for my wife. There was also a birthday card for each and an anniversary card. Our waiter, Bob Droszcz was extremely professional but with a great sense of humor. His knowledge of the menu, specials, wine list was beyond compare. We all had steak, some filets and I had the Delmonico 22 oz steak. All were cooked to perfection. We were given an appetizer of petit lobster cake. For dessert we each had a small cheesecake with crème brule topping and a petit chocolate cake. Everything was so perfect and we look forward to going back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot spotBYOBeesDined on 11/15/2014The Capital Grille exceeded my expectations, this trip. The food was outstanding and service was amazing. A banner night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Anniversary Dinner everphlx1212Dined on 11/12/2014our service and food was outstanding we can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb as all waysoldgreywolfDined on 11/11/2014I have been to the Capital grille in 4 cities the food is great consistently and the service is always impeccable. My only regret is that the don't have one in my home town RALEIGH NC. That is a hintSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for couplesanonymousDined on 11/10/2014I went for my one year anniversary and it was perfect. They set a rose on the table and it set the mood perfectly! Food was perfectly cooked and they even gave us free dessert for the special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meai at Capital GrilleRossDined on 11/10/2014I've been to Capital Grille before but this time it was exceptional. The sirloin was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Pre-Theater dinnerDinnerthenSpeakersSeriesDined on 11/10/2014Dinner was delicious, service was outstanding and the menu perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2014Thanks everyone for the great dinner and the wonderful birthday touches. Keep up the great work & we'll see you again soon!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just fantastic as usualjackDined on 11/8/2014Our server was great and attentive please make sure he knows he is special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great great time!!marthadDined on 11/7/2014As always, Tohm our waiter was amazing. We come here everytime especially to see him and the MP. The service, food, and hospitality goes above and beyond. We'll be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Usual!DrLeeDined on 11/7/2014Great food and service. Steak au pouvier was cooked to my expectations.Special Features:
- Amazing!FoodjunkieDined on 11/4/2014I've been here numerous times and have yet to be disappointed. Lobster mac and cheese is to die for, as is the grilled asparagus and Lettuce Wedge. My steak is always perfect and tailored to my specific needs. This place is my favorite by far!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpectedsammyVIPDined on 11/2/2014Capital Grill did a pleasure. Well trained staff, attractive surroundings, food prepared properly and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad quality meat-very high pricesraidocVIPDined on 11/2/2014A total disappointment. The 21 day aged sirloin steaks were totally flavorless and gristly. At $44 each not good! The au gratin potatoes were all gratin and very little potatoes. The Chilean sea bass was bland and dry. The service however was good....but what the point of going if the food is bad!!!? These chains should be avoided as they clearly minimize quality to maximise profits.
- Great for pre-showPattyCDined on 11/2/2014Although at the top of the cost scale, Capital Grill does deliver an excellent steak and attentive service. The wine we had was just ok at $50, but the au gratin potatoes were fabulous. Nicely paced meal and close to the Academy.Special Features:
- Service is AmazingTedk49Dined on 11/1/2014The Capitol Grille has an excellent menu but the restaurant excels at service. We were there for our second anniversary and as a surprise they prepared a special dessert for us complements of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodTomHDined on 11/1/2014We eat here often when we go into town and see a show. It is consistently good food and good service.Special Features:
- the smell gave it away!DivineDined on 11/1/2014The minute we walked into the Capital Grille we noticed that unmistakable well prepared steak aroma. Boy, we were not disappointed! The atmosphere, service, and food were all exceptional. There were 8 people in our party and no one was disappointed!Special Features:
- pattymaeDined on 11/1/2014It was a preshow dinner and if was a very nice experience. Waitress was very nice and efficient and the food was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatDined on 10/29/2014Waiter did everything possible to get us to the theatre on timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceTSRestonVIPDined on 10/29/2014Good place for lunch. Central location. Food is always good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very satisfiedjohnny47Dined on 10/28/2014My wife and I visited The Capital Grille prior to a performance at the Academy of Music. Our server, Colin, extremely professional and attentive. We both ordered the prix fixe dinner special (steak filet), which was delicious. The breads and desserts were also very good. We loved the ambiance of the dining room, which made this a special occasion. The only "complaint" is that the prix fixe specials are not shown on the menu or mentioned by the servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat-centricDIYgirlDined on 10/26/2014Swanky restaurant with outstanding service and good wine list. Our servers were the highlight of the evening, very friendly and helpful for our large group. Meal choices choices are mostly meat only (order sides separately). Traditional food with minimal seasonings, prepared well but not exciting for foodies.Special Features:
- Consistent, high qualityellenmd1VIPDined on 10/25/2014We took a dear friend for a milestone birthday, because we knew we would all get the highest quality meal, and we did! Seafood Plateau and various steaks were all perfectly prepared and delicious!!! If you want to be certain of a perfect meal, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantMiko22Dined on 10/25/2014This was not my first visit to The Capital Grille. TI took my niece to celebrate her 21st birthday and everything was excellent. We never had to wait a long period of time for our food, drinks or our server to make sure that we were satisfied with the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/24/2014Great food and service . Staff was very accommodating!
- VeggiesVeggiegirl25Dined on 10/23/2014We are vegan and there were plenty of choices for us... And deelish!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disapointingwishitweremoreVIPDined on 10/20/2014CP is a steak house. If you order your steak medium you should not get a very well done piece of rubber
- Food was Amazinggoodfoodie1VIPDined on 10/20/2014I had the lobster salad and truffle fries. It was very good. I can hardly wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad DaybobpVIPDined on 10/20/2014Eaten here a ton of times always enjoyed except today. Fire alarms rang for 30 minutes and they blamed college kids pulling alarm upstairs. Burger was way under cooked. Next time!Special Features:
- Excellent experience!ashminDined on 10/18/2014We went for a birthday celebration and they did a wonderful job of making it feel like a special occasion. In addition, they were gracious when they found they had run out of a drink we originally ordered. Both the porterhouse and sirloin were cooked perfectly. The sides, particularly the asparagus and the beets, were delicious as well.Special Features:
- Capital Grille is Greatn2dsouthVIPDined on 10/12/2014We enjoyed our evening at the Capital Grille Philadelphia. The service was top notch and the food was cooked to perfection. It is a great place for a special occasion or for a great night out. I would recommend Capital Grille to anyone visiting Philadelphia. The valet parking was an added bonus.Special Features: