The Capital Grille - Philadelphia
1338 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 2155459588x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 3:30pm; Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Monday – Thursday: 3:30pm – 10:00pm, Friday: 3:30pm – 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jeff Froehler
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Private dining and special events contact: Amanda Giddings, Sales Manager at 215.545.9588
A word from The Capital Grille - Philadelphia
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our team has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located on the Avenue of the Arts at the corner of Broad & Chestnut Streets.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Capital Grille - Philadelphia - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
The Capital Grille - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
282 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (204)notable wine list (133)fit for foodies (107)romantic (96)good for groups (93)great for lunch (67)hot spot (42)vibrant bar scene (41)neighborhood gem (32)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (7)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- luveatingDined on 9/29/2014Server was excellent, attentive. Kept us moving to make show time. Food was delicious & good selection for prefixe theatre offering. Prompt seating with reservation.Special Features:
- Service outstandingFoodiesVIPDined on 9/24/2014I had a last minute decision to take a very influential customer to Dinner and Capital Grille delivered on all aspects! Our service was top notch and the food was amazing, without being over the top on the preperation. I owuld reccomend if you have anyone who loves to be given special attention.Special Features:
- ExcellentCocoDined on 9/23/2014Celebrated a birthday and their little extras made the celebration even more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/21/2014Our server, Eric, was fabulous. He really helped make our dining experience very special.Special Features:
- SO SADtruthDined on 9/19/2014My experience at the Capital Grill was quite disappointing. I am guessing that it was this way because of restaurant week although that should not be an excuse. The service was rushed and no one check on our group. The orders where delivered wrong and the food quality was very inconsistent. Our group was not given enough sides and when we asked for more the food runner violently placed the two extra sides down which may I mention were not the correct sides still and if someone would have come to check in on us we would have been able to let them know but as stated earlier that did not happen. Overall Extremely Disappointed. I have been there before not during restaurant week and have had a great experience with food and all.Special Features:
- great foodJackDined on 9/19/2014Great steaks and great staff makes an evening out a pleasure. You have to go to the Capital Grille in PhillySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceGmanDined on 9/19/2014Our server, Monique Bee , made our night fantastic!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, but too busyyumyumDined on 9/19/2014The food here was almost perfect. We enjoyed the Restaurant week promotion and got a great meal for a good price. The only problem was that the steaks were not cooked to order. As a group we ordered 6 steaks and none were correct. The wait staff was attentive and it was an enjoyable setting. Louder than we had hoped for, but it was a busy Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experience!NightonthetownDined on 9/19/2014My friends and I had an excellent night out at the Capital Grille! We went because of reviews and we were not disappointed! The food was delicious and presented beautifully! The service was impeccable! It was a much needed night out and will be a definite repeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightromanticboyfriendDined on 9/19/2014Went to the Capital Grille for date night for my girlfriend's birthday. I let them know when I made the reservation that it was going to be birthday dinner, and they had a birthday card waiting on the table, and all of the servers knew what was going on. There was such great attention to detail, and the servers knew what they were doing, and what was being served. It was a fantastic night.Special Features:
- centercitygalVIPDined on 9/19/2014We had an excellent dinner at Capital Grille. Our steaks were done exactly as ordered, and the appetizers, sides and desserts were all very good. It was up to the usual high standard!Special Features:
- Best of the BestoutandaboutDined on 9/19/2014The Capital Grill is a jewel of a restaurant. Wonderful Ambiance, Wonderful Service and Food Glorious Food. Don't miss a chance to go there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014My waiter Bob was very nice about it when I showed him the hair in my potatoes. Bob was very gracious about taking the potatoes away and offering to bring me more . I don't know for sure if they were the same potatoes or not, but I appreciated Bob offering to get me another bowl of potatoes. This is not a complaint, but more of a compliment about your wait service. This was just one of the unfortunate things that can happen in food service. Bob was an excellent waiter. Please do not publish this comment. I could not put this comment under private note to restaurant, too many characters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!SandraDined on 9/18/2014Dined here for restaurant week with a group of 8 ladies. From the moment we arrived service was great. Roz recommended a great cocktail while we waited for our table, and she gave high energy, prompt service. Dinner was efficient but not rushed. Add ons to the restaurant week menu were offered but not pushed. Kona rubbed sirloin and lobster tail was delicious. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Creme Brulee of my lifePhillyHubDined on 9/18/2014Went here for restaurant week and had a great experience. Despite the lunch rush, we were seated right away even though we were late and added an extra guest (so rude, I know.) The food was amazing, the creme brulee I could not stop eating. The lobster crab burger was so good...and house made chips? exceeded expectations. While the waiter was super accommodating, he told us he would have us out before 1 p.m. and yet, the service was really slow. Despite giving him 45 minutes advance notice, we still weren't out the door by then. We were late coming back for a meeting, which was not ideal. Otherwise, awesome.Special Features:
- Amazing ServiceJaclynDolanDined on 9/17/2014I came here for restaurant week/my boyfriend's birthday and we had amazing dinner. The restaurant week menu was absolutely delicious and they offered addition items and pairings that weren't originally listed. We both had the herb crusted tenderloin and it was so favorable and cooked perfect. The mashed potatoes were so creamy and smooth. While the food was absolutely wonderful, the service was the best part. Out waitress was attentive, but not overbearing. Also, they added a nice touch for his birthday during dessert. Overall, I would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Good As It GetsBobRDined on 9/17/2014We went for a special occasion - our anniversary. The food was outstanding. We started with clam chowder, which was delicious. Our steaks were cooked to perfection. The service was even better. Patrick treated us as if we were honored guests and anticipated everything perfectly. We could not have had a more enjoyable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NAELUVS2EATDined on 9/17/2014Excellent ambiance, I've always wanted to eat here just never got a chance to do so. Plus I live near the King of Prussia location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchhisangelDined on 9/17/2014Fantastic place for a quiet lunch with your significant other. The atmosphere was fantastic and the crab and lobster burger was fabulous! Would recommend this place to anyone looking for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- standbySTeatoutDined on 9/17/2014Pleasant waiter. A bit rushed with the check. Nothing exceptional about the food but decent for lunch. Only real negative the table next to us had ordered something that smelled terrible. We moved to another table.Special Features:
- Always a pleasure!Smert1022Dined on 9/17/2014I am never dissapointed with my dining experience at the capital Grill!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/16/2014We have been to the Capital Grille on many occasions and always find it to be excellent.On this occasion,there were 6 in our party and I think all would agree the meal was perfect from beginning to end.5 of us had the filet and all ranked it among the best they had ever had.i person elected the salmon and was equally satisfied.Also,the Caesar Salad and lobster bisque were outstanding.Special Features:
- Excellent from start to finishBrianVIPDined on 9/16/2014I was hosting a business dinner so excellent food and service were needed and delivered. From appetizers through dessert we were all delighted with our selections. Service was outstanding despite the restaurant being just about full. The wait staff was friendly and professional and efficient while remaining unobtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceNYCLADYDined on 9/16/2014I pick this place because I had heard that the food was really good. I was not disappointed service from start to finish was on a scale of 1-10 an 11 the wine list, the menu all high if I had one negative thing to say it would be that the steak could've been a little bit hotter so as to last to the last bite it's a good size steak cooked perfectly I am not a slow eater and I was by myself so I wasn't talking and eating I was just enjoying the food other than that perfect. I will definitely be back and I'll bring my husband next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak everFuntoberDined on 9/15/2014Without a doubt the best steak I have ever had. Went during restaurant week so this was our first time there. Still it was not cheap. But it was delicious. Ruth and Morton's should take a lesson from capital Grille.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2014This was my first time and the food was amazing and the staff were great...I will be back👍👍👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014The service was really good and the food was amazing. Not too big of a portion. Just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grille, PhiladelphiaLaxmom2Dined on 9/14/2014I've been here twice - both experiences have been great. The food is pricey but it is excellent. Lobster Bisque and Lobster Tail were out of this world. Salmon was delicious too. The three other people with me loved their steak, lobster, and mashed potatoes. And the service was super. No complaints. Would go back in a heartbeat for a special occasion. Too pricey, though, for a regular visit unless you are wealthy or being reimbursed by a company card.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KabalaDined on 9/14/2014Capital Grille always a gem for food, service and overall a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014SEAMLESS SERVICE BY ROB. FOOD ALWAYS AMAZING AND NOTHING SUFFERED JUST BECAUSE IT WAS RESTAURANT WEEKSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!PhillyFoodieDined on 9/14/2014The food was great, our server Rob was fantastic and the service was fantastic. I generally head to Capital Grille during lunch for restaurant week, this was my first time doing dinner and it was DELICIOUS! Thanks for a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant week valueMoi1VIPDined on 9/14/2014I hesitated to go here restaurant week, thinking that I should be trying non-chain restos (and I have been, lots!), but at my friend's request, we went, and it was the best value, service and attention to detail for restaurant week that I have seen. The portion sizes were appreciably larger than other participating steak places, sides were included with no extra charge and there were even special drink prices for a cocktail and wine. The steaks were cooked perfectly and the waiter was there to make sure that we were accommodated in any way. A great meal on a bustling Sunday night (early) in a hectic restaurant week!
- Excellent dinner and serviceMommomDined on 9/14/2014Because of Philadelphia restaurant week, the restaurant offered a $35 three-course dinner which was excellent. The service was wonderful, The atmosphere pleasant and casual. My guest and I especially loved the desserts.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014very nice only one thing i thought it was restaurant week they said not on sat so i was force to pay high priceSpecial Features:
- MPhillipsDined on 9/12/2014Four of us went during restaurant week. We ordered the filet. It was horrible - we quickly realized that the pieces of meat they can't sell during normal service were being sold during restaurant week. As for side dishes, the four of us got to share a single dish of potatoes and a single dish of string beans. The croutons on top of the Caesar salad were good. The wait staff was extremely courteous. I will not go back.
- EnjoyMsLadyDined on 9/12/2014I always enjoy my dinners at Capital Grille. The experience begins with the Valet parking and continues. Service is always consistent. This is my go to spot for great service and a great meal . Drew Gordon was awesome, very attentive to my party needs he was very pleasant and his smile made my night. I returned from the ladies room and he was so kind to quickly pull my chair out for me. Little touches like that is what makes me enjoy this placeSpecial Features:
- Restaurant Week TreatMickeyVIPDined on 9/12/2014The menu was one of the more generous for Restaurant Week. I enjoyed a perfectly cooked 8 oz. Filet Mignon, Caesar Salad and flourless chocolate cake with rasberries. Excellent service and reasonable wines available.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodTilsonsDined on 9/12/2014Really enjoyed our time. Good food and our server Monique was excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous meal, fabulous servicewinkieDined on 9/12/2014We took advantage of Philadelphia's restaurant week and had an amazing experience at $35 a person. Our waiter, Matthew, was so attentive with a warm sense of humor yet professional. He had refills for our drinks ready before we finished the last drop. His recommendations were right on. It is a high end place,so for us, this was a real treat.Special Features:
- Has never been less than memorableFooddude440Dined on 9/12/2014We have dined at the Grille in several locations. Every one is Great with never a less than stellar experience. While many fine dining restaurants purchase top quality products, the Capital Grille has a better presentation of the food and the attention by the staff can not be equaled.Special Features: