The Capital Grille - Paramus
#1 Garden State Plaza
Paramus, NJ 07652Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Paramus
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 2018457040x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Luis Estacio
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Chef's Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Paramus
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located at Garden State Plaza.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Capital Grille - Paramus - Best Restaurants in Paramus ›
The Capital Grille - Paramus reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (57)notable wine list (54)good for groups (39)fit for foodies (38)romantic (24)great for lunch (21)vibrant bar scene (20)hot spot (13)neighborhood gem (11)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- I love the Capital Grille!!NJFoodyDined on 10/12/2014Everything was perfect! I love this place! Food, service, ambiance, the works--very classy and very tasty!Special Features:
- DeliciousRobertDined on 10/5/2014The food and service was top notch. Jesse our server was fantastic. Extremely knowledgeable and we put our trust in him to pair our wine with each course. He nailed it. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YelpBud1Dined on 10/4/2014The restaurant was excellent however, when filtering via Yelp, only $$ were associated with the restaurant.....$$$$ would be more appropriateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a Disappointment!SimplythebestDined on 9/30/2014Justin as usual was fabulous and very attentive! The food was spectacular as usual and the ambiance is always perfect for a client / vendor lunch meeting! Thank you so very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steady EddieJerseyJayDined on 9/25/2014Capital Grille never disappoints, great service, great food, great atmosphere. Some will complain its pricey but I never feel like its a ripoff or that I didn't get my money's worth.Special Features:
- Good basic steak jointLuv2eatVIPDined on 9/24/2014Food is up to standards and always a safe bet as you know this chain enforces the qualitySpecial Features:
- great againangeloDined on 9/24/2014another stellar experience*************************************************************Special Features:
- Solid SteaksparklebeeVIPDined on 9/23/2014If you want great steak, prepared correctly, you can't do much better than this in New Jersey. Great service, valet parking, and just everything you could want for a positive dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional DiningMrKCMarkDined on 9/20/2014First-class dining experience. Excellent, attentive service. Extensive wine list with knowledgeable server. Definitely an expensive night out (especially with wine) but well worth it for a special occasion, or to treat oneself to a special night with a loved one. Best filet mignon I have ever had. The restaurant is bustling, but not so that it was a distraction. Unlike NYC restaurants, there was plenty of personal space. There was a good sense of privacy even though there were many full tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service plusEllie83Dined on 9/12/2014Cesar always waits our table. He is considerate and attentive. He checks on us without being a bother. Our special occasions seem even better when we celebrate here. Always ready to recommend something delicious to put the meal over the top. Love that we are never rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dougie53dougie53VIPDined on 9/6/2014As always just a really GREAT meal and GREAT service, this place is the BEST!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceFoodieVIPDined on 9/4/2014Excellent food and service. We celebrated our 10th Anniversary and John was great!Special Features:
- Romantically ChicTrueReviewDined on 9/3/2014The ambiance was romantic and the architecture is modern with a twist of old. The food was tasty and the protions were large. It was worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceMerryVIPDined on 8/29/2014Food was great and service even better. Understood the needs of a five year old as well as the three adults with him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Conversation not lostbccptDined on 8/17/2014Although there is music and conversation at the Capitol Grille people can hear one another at the table. The conversation isn't lost in over amplified music and raucous diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/16/2014The generous pour for 25.00 to try all the featured wines was the highlite to me. Food is solid but at the end of the day I can feed my family for 2 weeks on what a meal costs there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent chain restaurantKuidaoreDined on 8/15/2014We ate lobster, oysters and halibut of superb quality in this chain resto in a shopping mall in Paramus. The halibut was exceptional-- I'd not eaten a fresher halibut since a friend shared his freshly caught fish. If you're catching a plane at LaGuardia or even JFK, and need a dressy place nearby to entertain friends/family, this place is great. Super-waiter Jesse made the experience even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SamoDined on 8/13/2014Great food friendly courteous staff convenient location good selection on the menus staff very helpfulSpecial Features:
- Great place for a celebration!luv2eatDined on 8/8/2014A group of 7 went to the restaurant for a birthday celebration and had a great time. The food and service were impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Capitol experience!HungryhVIPDined on 8/7/20142 birthdays + 7 dinners = 1 fantastic evening. David and his crew provided a great meal and everything was perfect including the private dinig room!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/7/2014Food was excellent and service was even better. Was very impressed with their Lobster Bisque and thought my steak was cooked to perfection. The waiter was extremely attentive and accommodating. I look forward to eating there again and will certainly ask for the same waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy to loveServiceIsKeyDined on 8/6/2014I've dined at Capital Grilles for years and I have never once been disappointed. From the knowledgeable staff, to the amazing service and the incredible menu... It is always a great experience. Our server on this day was pretty awesome and the food was as usual on point. You will be glad that you made the choice to fine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and ok on foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/5/2014The service was excellent. The waiter knew exactly how to split the food due to the big party we have and everyone in the party wanted to share food. The only bad review is the lobster mac and cheese. That dish was really salty that it so hard to eat it. However, the waitress saw it and remove it from our bill. So, the service is great.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Made a reservation for 8 people for a birthdau celebration.Not only were we seated immediately but put in our own private room. Our server was very welcoming and very attentive to our dining needs. The wine list was impressive and the food was perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad steaksPapaBearDined on 8/2/2014Not the same as the Capital Grilles in the city. Different owners? Weird tomato sauce like "au jour" came with the steaks that made them taste horrible. Filet mignon was ok but the sirloin had a worse half than the first few bites. Server did us a favor on the tab but that's not worth the effort and unfortunate expectations that weren't met.
- Not expected excellence at the mallRobynslp95VIPDined on 8/2/2014As a huge fan of the River Palm, I rarely like other steak houses . This was an exception. Located at the biggest mall in NJ, this is a welcome escape from burgers and mediocre chains . An execellent endless pour program allowed us to try 7 very good wines for 25 ! Adequate kids menu ( though they need plastic cups), fresh seafood, perfectly cooked steak and impeccable service . Thanks to the management for understanding when my son had a fit at the table . Totally unusual for him but oh so embarrassing . I would love to return ( if welcomed lol.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!ChefTVIPDined on 7/31/2014The Capital Grille is always a great experience. I haven't been to this location before, but the service and food was outstanding! Truly a great restaurant and the best steak around!Special Features:
- Prepare for a great experienceLobsterprosDined on 7/29/2014Took my husband and two "tween" kids for my husband's birthday. We reserved on Open Table and were shown to our table on time. Our server (Jesse) was attentive and pleasant. The kids shared two petite filet mignons and two lobster tails. They were thrilled and cleaned their plates. My husband had a 3 lb lobster and was in heaven. I tried a halibut special over steamed spinach and devoured it all (I rarely do). We skipped dessert as the menu was not exciting to us but we were stuffed anyway. Great place for dates and business meetings .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceLizzie71VIPDined on 7/27/2014My husband & I brought our 3 kids here for my husband and son's 21st birthday. It was a Sunday 6pm reservation and they weren't too busy. We ordered calamari, porterhouse steak, delmonico steak, sea bass, truffle fries....all the dishes were amazing. Service was excellent, we were treated like royalty. They included personalized birthday cards and at the end of our dinner, they came out with 2 complimentary desserts. We will be coming back very soon!Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Romantic setting dim lights and outstanding customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had higher expectationsKathy0112Dined on 7/26/2014The food was very good, but for the prices, I was expecting something different. We were seated in a booth near the bar area. I would have preferred a table, but had never been there before so did not know what to request. I felt that our server was not overly thrilled with serving us. It was much louder than I had imagined and not the atmosphere I was looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out of this worldbobbieDined on 7/20/2014the food was wonderful and the service was to matchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner! very slightly upsetd1nnerrev1ewDined on 7/19/2014the food was amazing, as was expected. the service was great too. i asked for a wine recommendation and my server very promptly offered one that was mid-range as far as the price goes, as opposed to an expensive glass. i was slightly disappointed though when we asked to take home one of our appetizers, they said OK, but then they forgot when we brought the rest of our food home. just a bit disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Service was great from start to finish. Great menu. Filet mignon was best I've ever had. Very nice atmosphere. Would definitely eat there again.Special Features:
- Had dinner14fanDined on 7/15/2014Good service and attentive wait staff. Food was prepared well and very tasty timing of food delivery right on targetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodKimm714Dined on 7/14/2014Took my teenagers there for my birthday dinner. My 2 picky eaters ate everything on their plates! They continue to rave about it and now are asking when we can go back. By the way, my food was delicious too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Quiet Weekend NightGMendez1VIPDined on 7/11/2014we are almost never disappointed with the CG.....we had a couple of occasions where I felt it was not up to snuff....but we always go back....good food...good service....especially like the hostess and we specifically request a couple of the waiters....so we will always go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrammyVIPDined on 7/8/2014To be perfectly honest, I was quite disappointed . The ambiance was good, the service wonderful, but my shopped shrimp salad was rather mediocre , and I expected more. It was rather ordinary d this is a pricy place, so I guess I expected it to be more special, food wise. Do t think I'll go again anytime soon. Sorry. The good news is that our server was fantastic.
- MuzzyVIPDined on 7/2/2014Always a great experience, the best quality food & service you can get.
- I dare you to beat this expeiriencespankyhankyDined on 6/28/2014A birthday celebration to remember (my own). A discrepancy in reservation time (I thought 6:00, they had 7:00) was whisked away as if it didn't exist. The impeccable service (from hostess to waitress to servers to bussers) was exceeded only by the fantastic food. The preparation and presentation was perfect and flavor was best ever. My elderly parents are renowned for "sending it back". But, search though they did, nothing was short of perfect.Special Features: