The Capital Grille - Paramus
#1 Garden State Plaza
Paramus, NJ 07652Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Paramus
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (201) 845-7040
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Luis Estacio
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Chef's Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Paramus
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located at Garden State Plaza.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Capital Grille - Paramus - Best Restaurants in Paramus ›
The Capital Grille - Paramus reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (75)notable wine list (60)good for groups (53)fit for foodies (49)romantic (30)vibrant bar scene (25)great for lunch (23)hot spot (17)kid-friendly (9)neighborhood gem (9)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Ms ModelldiscerningVIPDined on 11/20/2014We went for a big birthday lunch. You made the birthday girl feel special: confetti on the table, glass of champagne and birthday dessert. Fabulous. The waiter was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClarkClarkDined on 11/13/2014Very classic yet eclectic atmosphere, well done. Steak was great and my second time here so I can say very consistent quality which you don't find everywhere. Some steakhouses have lousy steaks, this was a great steak, these guys obviously know what they are doing, and it shows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsTinkerbellVIPDined on 11/11/2014Casual fine dining?? Absolutely!! Without having to go through a tunnel, over a bridge or having to be concerned with finding & paying a fortune for parking. AMAZING!!! The food and service are excellent, the dessert selection is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- don't mean to be snobby but,OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/9/2014this location thinks too highly of itself. located in the garden state plaza mall, this place tries too hard to be high end. despite having a reservation on a not-crowded-at-all early sunday evening, still had been kept waiting in the front area without a suitable explanation by the young hostess before being led to our table for two. standard menu prices suitable for manhattan but not for the suburbs... ordered the delmonico and the meat quality was fatty and not worth the $48 charged. finally, was it truly necessary for the waitress to present her "business card" along with our check? a bit pretentious in my opinion.Special Features:
- Overall amazing foodAngelicaDined on 11/8/2014Came across The Capital Grille on open table so decided to check it out with my boyfriend it was both our first time and definitely will not be out last. The food was amazing, everyone was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!LindaTVIPDined on 11/8/2014As always, the food and service were great! My request for table location was satisfied. Our server was attentive, but not overbearing. There were a few changes to the menu, such as removal of the chopped salad, but the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A solid choicelovetoeatVIPDined on 11/4/2014Great spot a lot of business people! Had a great time will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Restuarantyankeefan1360Dined on 11/1/2014We went here for our 26th anniversary. I must say they really made it special. Fast and courteous service. Along with a two free deserts to celebrate our special day. We arrived a half hour early for our reservation and the staff still had the table set with rose petals and heart shaped confetti, along with a card! Food was terrific and cooked to perfection. Overall an excellent time for both of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superbly presented classicsSciProfDined on 11/1/2014The food, décor and service were all up to the usual high standards of this chain. The beef was perfectly cooked exactly as described and ordered. The staff were prompt and friendly. The atmosphere at lunch was warm and comfortable.Special Features:
- The Capital Grille, Paramus, NJ~KleeVIPDined on 10/28/2014With a "clublike" feel to it, and a place to relax and unwind~The Capital Grille is one of my favorite places to dine. I had my "usual" standby of grilled salmon over caesar salad and it was done to a turn. For special ocassions (and if noted in your reservation, I like Open Table!) a fuss is made, but not an overwhelming and humiliating experience with singing, etc. Upon arriving at your table, there will be light decorations on it honoring your "special ocassion" and you will be a guarenteed MEMORABLE experience. The service and staff and menu will keep you returning time after time. There is complimentary parking also, which is great, as the Grille is located in one of the biggest malls in the North Jersey area. A "WILL RETURN"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Sunday NightsparklebeeVIPDined on 10/26/2014We love this restaurant and visited last Sunday as we wanted steak. Very quiet, but food and service was still outstanding. We had the Delmonico, cooked medium (hot pink center) just the way we liked with the twice baked potato and asparagus. A nice dining experience---like always.Special Features:
- Aways a winner!BuddyDined on 10/25/2014Had a great time in one of the private rooms. Food always top notch. Service by Chris as always OUTSTANDING! Hard to improve on such a fine experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great exprienceNJJoanDined on 10/24/2014We had a wonderful lunch to celebrate our anniversary. The food was excellent - we had steaks, fries and green beans, and their onion soup and dessert - all were great. Couldn't have asked for better. The service was A+ from the 'quiet' table we requested through Open Table to the staff. It's a large restaurant so there was no hurry to finish and leave but I would suggest reservations even at lunch as the place is very popular.Special Features:
- Great service!choewtVIPDined on 10/19/2014This place offers pretty standard steakhouse fare, but done perfectly. Even with a jaded NYC palate, I was impressed tonight with the quality of the seafood platter (super-fresh oysters, not-overcooked lobster and shrimp), the flavor and succulence of my wife's filet (cooked perfectly), the preparation of my 2# lobster (again, cooked JUST ENOUGH and no more), and the delectable coconut cream pie. Perhaps even more impressive was their service. We had a delay between appetizers and entree, and the manager came immediately by to express his concern and take care of our party. Quite impressive. Every restaurant stumbles from time to time, but how it recovers can indicate greatness as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014Went for anniversary dinner and it was a great experience. Our table was decorated with heard confetti and a handwritten note welcoming us on our special day. Food was plentiful and excellent. Good, attentive service. Complimentary dessert as well. Special touches that don't take a lot of effort, but are remembered. We'll be back!Special Features:
- A little pricey but goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014Overall a very good meal and they were very accommodating to my six year old who had to join due to our babysitter cancelling last minute. The service was excellent and the food was as always outstanding but a little expensive.Special Features:
- I love the Capital Grille!!NJFoodyDined on 10/12/2014Everything was perfect! I love this place! Food, service, ambiance, the works--very classy and very tasty!Special Features:
- DeliciousRobertDined on 10/5/2014The food and service was top notch. Jesse our server was fantastic. Extremely knowledgeable and we put our trust in him to pair our wine with each course. He nailed it. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YelpBud1Dined on 10/4/2014The restaurant was excellent however, when filtering via Yelp, only $$ were associated with the restaurant.....$$$$ would be more appropriateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a Disappointment!SimplythebestDined on 9/30/2014Justin as usual was fabulous and very attentive! The food was spectacular as usual and the ambiance is always perfect for a client / vendor lunch meeting! Thank you so very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steady EddieJerseyJayDined on 9/25/2014Capital Grille never disappoints, great service, great food, great atmosphere. Some will complain its pricey but I never feel like its a ripoff or that I didn't get my money's worth.Special Features:
- Good basic steak jointLuv2eatVIPDined on 9/24/2014Food is up to standards and always a safe bet as you know this chain enforces the qualitySpecial Features:
- great againangeloDined on 9/24/2014another stellar experience*************************************************************Special Features:
- Solid SteaksparklebeeVIPDined on 9/23/2014If you want great steak, prepared correctly, you can't do much better than this in New Jersey. Great service, valet parking, and just everything you could want for a positive dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional DiningMrKCMarkDined on 9/20/2014First-class dining experience. Excellent, attentive service. Extensive wine list with knowledgeable server. Definitely an expensive night out (especially with wine) but well worth it for a special occasion, or to treat oneself to a special night with a loved one. Best filet mignon I have ever had. The restaurant is bustling, but not so that it was a distraction. Unlike NYC restaurants, there was plenty of personal space. There was a good sense of privacy even though there were many full tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service plusEllie83Dined on 9/12/2014Cesar always waits our table. He is considerate and attentive. He checks on us without being a bother. Our special occasions seem even better when we celebrate here. Always ready to recommend something delicious to put the meal over the top. Love that we are never rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dougie53dougie53VIPDined on 9/6/2014As always just a really GREAT meal and GREAT service, this place is the BEST!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceFoodieVIPDined on 9/4/2014Excellent food and service. We celebrated our 10th Anniversary and John was great!Special Features:
- Romantically ChicTrueReviewDined on 9/3/2014The ambiance was romantic and the architecture is modern with a twist of old. The food was tasty and the protions were large. It was worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceMerryVIPDined on 8/29/2014Food was great and service even better. Understood the needs of a five year old as well as the three adults with him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Conversation not lostbccptDined on 8/17/2014Although there is music and conversation at the Capitol Grille people can hear one another at the table. The conversation isn't lost in over amplified music and raucous diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/16/2014The generous pour for 25.00 to try all the featured wines was the highlite to me. Food is solid but at the end of the day I can feed my family for 2 weeks on what a meal costs there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent chain restaurantKuidaoreDined on 8/15/2014We ate lobster, oysters and halibut of superb quality in this chain resto in a shopping mall in Paramus. The halibut was exceptional-- I'd not eaten a fresher halibut since a friend shared his freshly caught fish. If you're catching a plane at LaGuardia or even JFK, and need a dressy place nearby to entertain friends/family, this place is great. Super-waiter Jesse made the experience even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SamoDined on 8/13/2014Great food friendly courteous staff convenient location good selection on the menus staff very helpfulSpecial Features:
- Great place for a celebration!luv2eatDined on 8/8/2014A group of 7 went to the restaurant for a birthday celebration and had a great time. The food and service were impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Capitol experience!HungryhVIPDined on 8/7/20142 birthdays + 7 dinners = 1 fantastic evening. David and his crew provided a great meal and everything was perfect including the private dinig room!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/7/2014Food was excellent and service was even better. Was very impressed with their Lobster Bisque and thought my steak was cooked to perfection. The waiter was extremely attentive and accommodating. I look forward to eating there again and will certainly ask for the same waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy to loveServiceIsKeyVIPDined on 8/6/2014I've dined at Capital Grilles for years and I have never once been disappointed. From the knowledgeable staff, to the amazing service and the incredible menu... It is always a great experience. Our server on this day was pretty awesome and the food was as usual on point. You will be glad that you made the choice to fine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and ok on foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/5/2014The service was excellent. The waiter knew exactly how to split the food due to the big party we have and everyone in the party wanted to share food. The only bad review is the lobster mac and cheese. That dish was really salty that it so hard to eat it. However, the waitress saw it and remove it from our bill. So, the service is great.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Made a reservation for 8 people for a birthdau celebration.Not only were we seated immediately but put in our own private room. Our server was very welcoming and very attentive to our dining needs. The wine list was impressive and the food was perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.