The Capital Grille - NY- Wall Street
(Entrance on Nassau at Pine St.)
New York, NY 10271Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - NY- Wall Street
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 2123741811x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: Available for private events
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Elliot Lopez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - NY- Wall Street
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our team has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located in The Financial District on Nassau at Pine St.Continued
If you are making reservations from outside U.S., email email@example.com
If you are making reservations from outside U.S., email firstname.lastname@example.org
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Capital Grille - NY- Wall Street reviews from OpenTable diners
221 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (116)good for groups (98)great for lunch (94)notable wine list (86)romantic (63)fit for foodies (55)neighborhood gem (46)vibrant bar scene (37)hot spot (22)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (5)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Fabulous At All TimesCzarinaVIPDined on 8/28/2014Regardless of whether you sit at a table, a private room or at the bar, the service is outstanding from the entire staff...EVERY! TIME!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business attire recommended...AlexVIPDined on 8/27/2014and a corporate card. Cap Grille is perfect for afternoon/post-work drinks, and it even has a happy hour bar menu that won't break the bank. A bit less wallet friendly is the food menu, whether you are at lunch or dinner. The 8oz fillet was perfectly cooked to medium rare, but could have used a more liberal application of salt. and was overpriced given that it came with no sides at all. The shrimp cocktail was excellent, given the giant, tender shellfish and tangy cocktail sauce. Some of the seafood options were surprise hits, such as the sea bass 'chef's suggestion.' Our group of 7 was seated upstairs, and one problem was the general din of the room, which made conversation with anyone other than the person next to you impossible.Special Features:
- Treated like royaltyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014We had the pleasure of having Robbie as a server and he took care of us! He was knowledgable about wines and was able to provide suggestions about wine pairing for our food. He was friendly and warm. The food was delicious and the wine was amazing!!! We will definitely return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Birthday DinnerFoodie2Dined on 8/15/2014Took my daughter and her husband to the Capital Grille with my wife and daughter's in laws to celebrate their August birthdays. I have been to several Capital Grilles over the years and this place on Wall Street did not disappoint. We all had a fabulous dinner and the service was outstanding. Our waiter, Khalid, and the other servers could not have been more helpful and nicer. It was a first class experience and I now consider the Capital Grille to be tops of all the steakhouses I have been to. We loved the private room and the attention to detail by the staff. I would highly recommend this place for the service and quality of the food. Thanks Capital Grille Wall Street for a great experience!!!Special Features:
- Food was fair not greatrandbVIPDined on 8/15/2014I ordered filet mignon medium rare. Waiter said that means medium - it was barely pink. It was also too dark inside. For their prices, I would not recommend
- FoodieLoverDined on 8/15/2014I 've always enjoyed dining at the Capital Grille - and will continue to do so. This is one of the NYC spots that you know you cant go wrong with.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2014I have been to Capital Grille - NY - Wall Street several times and have always had a wonderful experience. That is why my friends and I decided to go there for the last day of Restaurant Week. We were disappointed.....the service was slow and the food was mediocre. Perhaps it was just a bad day for the restaurant. I will not let this one negative experience ruin all of the good ones I've had there and will try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/15/2014The last day of restaurant week, made a 12:15pm reservation was seated right away. My coworker and I placed our order 10min after being seated. We patiently waited for our entrees as we started to see people that was seated after us receiving their orders. It was a extreme long wait to point I had to call over the manager to find out what was the delay. It's now 1:10pm once our orders came out... The long wait took the enjoyment out of our meals. The manager did apologize however no explanation from the waitress.Special Features:
- Happy CamperMoodyFoodieDined on 8/15/2014My friend and I decided to stop in for lunch during Restaurant Week. The hostesses were friendly and accommodating. Lunch was delicious. I look forward to returning someday!Special Features:
- Love!DebDeliciousDined on 8/14/2014I came to this Capital Grille location for my birthday, and I absolutely loved it. Based on the service alone, I would come back. Doesn't hurt that the food is AMAZING! I have also gone to the Grand Central location, and it was wonderful as well. Great restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodMinnieRVIPDined on 8/14/2014This is one of our go to places for dinner after work. The service is great and food is consistently good. On this visit, we had calamari with pepperoncino, lamb chops and crusted tuna. Check the vault which they converted into a door downstairs, it's pretty cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Specialafoote43Dined on 8/14/2014They have great food and a lively bar scene and it is located just steps from the NY Stock Exchange. Bar scene is loud but they have a great downstairs dining area for those more into each other then being seen. Steaks were cooked as ordered and all the sides were wonderful. Drinks are a bit pricey but I guess it goes with the location.Special Features:
- Capital GrilleExcellentDined on 8/14/2014Came here for restaurant week lunch and it was above and beyond my expectations! I would definitely come back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekMad0911Dined on 8/13/2014I had a great experience here, the restaurant week menu was elegant. The food was amazing!!!! Everything I ate melted in my mouth. I must go back. I really enjoyed the food here.Special Features:
- Little bit disappointedhehetungDined on 8/12/2014It was not a great experience there......the only reason I was choosing this resraurant to go because the taste of the steak. Always I ask medium rare for my dishes. I did ask medium rare again when i went there on Tuesday. However, i got my steak cooked meduim well(I guess). I was trying to located my waiter and could not find him.
- Awesome!cmc5095Dined on 8/11/2014Went for restaurant week with my friends and we had such a great time! Great food! Great wine!Special Features:
- great restaurant week choicecampy23Dined on 8/11/2014decent size fillet mignon for ordering from the restaurant week menu. our server was great and all the other staff were super friendly and very attentive. the ceasar salad appetizer was way heavy on the dressing for my taste, but otherwise a great meal!Special Features:
- disappointedsaultieDined on 8/11/2014Worst Caesar Salad ever. Stale roll. Wilted lettuce in lobster salad. Sevice too quick.
- KikaDined on 8/8/2014A nice dinner With music and good meets.steak is very good. We're french , and we like find good restaurants in New York in the sumer weekSpecial Features:
- Great steak and desertCChaoDined on 8/8/2014was there during the restaurant week. Awesome aged steak and desert. We took the leftover of desert home (flourless cholocate mocha cake and a cheesecake). Lots of food. steak and salad was provided with big amountSpecial Features:
- Tasty foodcz123Dined on 8/8/2014Definitely recommended to a friend. The food is tasty and dish is full size. It's better than we expected in restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolutely fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/8/2014service is top notch --- which always makes the dining experience. and the food, too; quite tasty, well seasoned and fresh. thank you.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT ALL AROUND!!Hcgolf4funVIPDined on 8/7/2014Great food, wait staff,service and atmosphere. We came here for NYC Restaurant Week- wow what selection for the deal! I will be back but NOT by car (too much street traffic) only mass transit.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week LunchRoseydinesDined on 8/7/2014The waiter, Donovan was awesome! I love him he made me feel comfortable and was the best part of the restaurant. The food was bad. The Cesar salad was soggy and small with only some old, soggy romaine lettuce and one sliver of parmesan cheese. The steak was medium rare and cold, like it had been sitting for quite some time and it was under seasoned. The cheesecake was mostly crust though decent. I will not be coming back there unfortunately. I'm also afraid of going to other restaurants during restaurant week because I feel like the food will be lackluster and subpar like it was this time. I did appreciate the bread and butter though.Special Features:
- Good food, great serviceOccasionalfoodieDined on 8/7/2014The food was very good (restaurant week lunch) and the service was comparable. It may get crowded around 1:00 pm, but we had made a reservation and were seated within a few minutes. I would recomment it for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- don't go during restaurant weekLanaVIPDined on 8/7/2014We went The Capital Grille for luch during restaurant week. It was too crowded and the staff could not handle it on the proper level. We had to wait long time to get drinks, they came at the same time as appetizers. My field green salad contained some cesar salad in it. Before we got to finish appetizers, the steak came , it was well done and I ordered medium. The steak looked like it was done few hors back and did not come from one peice could even be some leftovers! And steak knife came when I was finishing my steak. If they cannot handle this kind of crowd, they should not overbook ! We did not expect such a bad service from this kind of restaurant.Special Features:
- WastingfoodisasinVIPDined on 8/6/2014Third time to dine here during RW 2014 Summer. Always loved Napa 7 variety flight. Unfortunately Chardonnay was sold out. Experience here is always up to who serves. Avoid to be seated at front left hand side corner section.
- aishaDined on 8/6/2014Felt rushed during lunch. Don't know if it was because it was restaurant week and was rather busy. We have been several times before and were never rushed.Special Features:
- went for generous pour eventHomecookingDined on 8/5/2014Having attended a few years of generous pour events at various capital grilles, i was a little disappointed at how this location handled. I had to ask 3-4 times for the wine card so we knew what we were drinking and so we could write down our comments. They apparently would not even suggest this had I not asked. Also, they were by no means generous with the wine. In fact, towards the end of our meal when I asked about 2 wines we had not tried, the somalier replied "oh if you want them I can bring them, but typically we only serve people 3-4 wines". I won't be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lousy lunchTastyDelightDined on 8/5/2014We have eaten here for lunch on several occasions. It's usually pretty decent. Today we were not so lucky. From the moment we walked in it felt like we entered a big chain restaurant that lost its personality. The service was not good, waiter took a half full drink away to only bring a refill after we finished the meal. Same goes for a request for more salad dressing for a salad with chicken that was so dry my colleague ate the lettuce and left the chicken. It was a zoo and nothing about it was enjoyable. In a neighborhood that is constantly opening new spots, there's no need to go here again. We may as well have been at at Beefsteak Charlie's.
- A Good FindblondemamaVIPDined on 8/5/2014This was my first dining experience at The Capital Grille. It is a lovely place and I was more than satisfied with every aspect of my dining experience. It was very near ground zero where I was spending the day. The extra added attraction was that it was restaurant week and I always enjoy getting a bargain. There were 4 of us and each one was as pleased as the other. It would be a lovely idea for a special occasion as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodelee23Dined on 8/4/2014The bartender was very knowledgeable about whiskeys, the waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable about wine pairings. The vault door downstairs is an interesting conversation piece. Had an excellent time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jsalVIPDined on 8/4/2014Went here for Restaurant Week dinner. I had the caesar salad (poor), the filet mignon (excellent) with shrimp (fair), and the chocolate cake (very good). Service was very friendly and accommodating. The place was nice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing evening with co-workersVikkyRaDined on 8/4/2014We booked the table during restaurant week just an hour before dinner, and we were surprised in a good way how excellent was the service, food, vine and the atmosphere to have relaxing evening in the surrounding of intelligent people and absolutely professional and experienced waiters. We enjoyed the environment and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceSlicknswiftDined on 8/1/2014There's no question that the food will be outstanding but where capital grille excelled is with service. Out reservation for 13 people was seated nearly 55 minutes late- didn't totally bother us since we were drinking at the bar. We didn't complain an ounce, yet the manager still brought out trays of fried calamari and shrimp cocktail for everyone. Haven't experienced service this good in nyc in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chiefDined on 8/1/2014booth near window provided view of construction scaffolding and smokers. Curtains would help. Generally a nice setting but the extremely loud group in the next booth drowned out the music. Steak, salmon and sides were very good, as was dessert. The generous pour red wines were quite good and server was attentive. We have been thee before and will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak!!DukeDined on 8/1/2014I took advantage of Restaurant Week and ordered steak- terrific!! It was cooked EXACTLY to my specifications. The clam chowder soup was a bit too heavily laden with potato and not enough clams, but it was tasty. The wait staff was phenomonal- attentive & responsive WITHOUT being overbearing or pretencious. Definitely worth the trip. The decor makes one very comfortable. Unfortunately for the day I chose, the restaurant was "packed". Even with reservations, had to wait a little bit to be seated, and sadly the crowd contributed to the noise level. The flourless cake was fantastic! Great ending to a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service & FoodSergeDined on 8/1/2014Obviously it's a more of a business spot. But it's great as a casual dining too, as I ptake my wife out there as well.Special Features:
- Not bad dining experience.casualdiner123Dined on 8/1/2014WaitInc too long for the entrees to come, otherwise the food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week lunch w/ SarahWinnieNYCDined on 8/1/2014Sarah was great, speedy professional service, just what I needed for lunch. They did keep the quality even thought it was for restaurant week menu. The espresso cake was even better than usual, very fresh. I tried my sister's cheesecake, and it was very good also.Special Features: