The Capital Grille - NY- Wall Street
(Entrance on Nassau at Pine St.)
New York, NY 10271Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - NY- Wall Street
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (212) 374-1811
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: Available for private events
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Elliot Lopez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - NY- Wall Street
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our team has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located in The Financial District on Nassau at Pine St.Continued
If you are making reservations from outside U.S., email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are making reservations from outside U.S., email email@example.com
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Capital Grille - NY- Wall Street reviews from OpenTable diners
182 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (86)good for groups (80)great for lunch (78)notable wine list (74)romantic (54)fit for foodies (52)neighborhood gem (36)vibrant bar scene (25)hot spot (13)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Traditionally, one of my favorite restaurants2012NewYorkerVIPDined on 11/22/2014We had quiet birthday celebration for my husband. Service is always top notch at The Capital Grille. Donovan helped to ensure the evening went well. My husband steak was perfect and I enjoyed the Chilean Sea Bass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DomnicbDined on 11/22/2014We go here on the weekends since it is quiet. Food is amazing, especially the Delmonico Steak.Special Features:
- Not leading the steak-race...GrandpuhbahVIPDined on 11/6/2014The food was great; kudos to he kitchen. The service was unprofessional and disorganised, but always friendly. Slow to clear plates and empty glasses, food would arrive without cutlery, always a mission to track down our server to order extras (I actually had to get out of my seat three times to ask for a server). Maybe they were short-staffed, but at top NYC prices and nearby stiff competition like Delmonico's, Bobby Vans, American Cut (high end) to Les Halles and Harry's (lower cost), you really don't expect them to miss the little things...like bringing a steak knife for your steak...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceFoodieNavDined on 11/6/2014We had a corporate luncheon at Capital Grille last week and our group was extremely impressed. The service was friendly and attentive from check in through the departure, and out server even brought us a complimentary desert. The food was delicious and the location convenient for downtown outings. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Not really worth itLuv2eatoutDined on 10/29/2014I have enjoyed the Capital Grille at other locations in the past but this experience was lacking. The salads were fabulous. The steaks were a little disappointing - they were not terrible but just did not meet expectations when you're at a place like this and paying these prices. You expect a $50 steak to be better than ok. The service was good. It may have been the location of our table but the air was blowing too strongly and made it uncomfortable even for my husband who loves to be cold and worked against us having a nice hot meal. I don't need to go back.Special Features:
- little disappointedbiancaDined on 10/28/2014Walked over after visiting 9/11 museum. We had reservations, but on a tues nite not nesessary . hostess gave us excellent table upstairs overlooking bar our waitress Valerie was personable and efficient. Bread basket yum! Butternut bisq excellent, onion soup also vry good. We ordered 2 steaks and a fillet on the bone. .cuts were beautiful, ordered med rare...seared too heavily and seasoning very salty, not good for people w bp issues. And affects flavor of meats negatively. Potato ogratin nice w fried onion topping. asparagus perfectly steamed. Dinner for 3 ..2 glasses of wine each no desserts. $287. Wo tipSpecial Features:
- First ClassTheRavenDined on 10/15/2014From the minute you walk in until you pay your check, you are treated with first class quality. I ordered the Delmonico steak and it was cooked perfectly and that taste was amazing. If you are going to have wine with your meal, they put a "Tablet" on your table and you navigate to find the wine your looking for. I guess it's the sign of the times, never had seen that before. I definitely would recommend this restaurant, located in the Financial District. I'm sure their other locations are kept up to the same standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceluvfeijoasDined on 10/10/2014Nice atmosphere with excellent service. There was a good range of steaks of various cuts and cooking styles. The side options were also varied and delicious. While the wine list was on the pricier side there were still some reasonable choices from a number of wonderful vinyards. Overall a lovely way to spend an evening with an old friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday to meSteakLoverDined on 10/10/2014Our server Nick Savino made my birthday a very special occasion. He was attentive without bring pushy and really made me feel special on my special day. Took a picture of my husband and I as a keepsake from the restaurant and gave us a lovely Happy Birthday desert. Thanks again Nick!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful. Please Stay Awayfishtaco77VIPDined on 10/8/2014This is a primer on how to go from 5 stars to 1 star: 1) Add a staple to your mixed green salad (this was the final straw to an unbelievably bad experience) My GF bit on this and hurt herself. I'd expect something like that at a greasy spoon or maybe an....Olive Garden 2) Give us an absolutely clueless waiter who did the following during this last meal: I honestly can't picture why I would go back here. There's way too much competition even in the Wall St. area (Delomonicos, Mortons, Bobby Vans and my favorite the Palm) You've been warned...stay away from this place...especially on Wednesdays...it's obviously amateur hour today.
- Out of townerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/3/2014The food was delicious... But the horn music was obnoxious. Too loud and awful background. Limited white wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliversOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/3/2014I have never ordered a burger at the CG but this time I did. They certainly did not disappoint. Outstanding quality and service are a staple of this excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- MSreviewDined on 9/27/2014The Capital Grille never disappoints. It's a great place for celebrating something special or turning any meal here into a special event.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014I have yet to have a bad experience both in food & serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowAbbyVIPDined on 9/6/2014Elegance with excellence! Steak cooked exactly to my very precise specifications. Apps and sides great. Desert great. Server Sabrina charming knowledgeable and not intrusive. Got a tricky cocktail just right, too. A very good time.Special Features:
- invitingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014Very comfortable setting. Pleasantly surprised vs the midtown location. I prefer the downtown restaurant décor. Service was excellent! Highly recommended for a business lunch or special occasion.Special Features:
- Dependable business lunch venueBizDevYumDined on 9/3/2014I don't have much to add that other reviews won't have already said. I've been to several locations and this is pretty consistent (I do like the Scottsdale one in particular). Overall this was good food and a productive client lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2014Great food, atmosphere and staff. They never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and relaxing!AllisonVIPDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I recently dined here, and we were delighted by the experience! We had Donovan as our server, and his friendliness made the experience all the more enjoyable. We were also impressed that the manager came over the check on us partway through the meal. The steaks were to die for (particularly the Kona crusted selection!), and the wine was delicious. All in all, a fabulous evening! Thanks for the staff there for taking such great care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous At All TimesCzarinaVIPDined on 8/28/2014Regardless of whether you sit at a table, a private room or at the bar, the service is outstanding from the entire staff...EVERY! TIME!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business attire recommended...AlexVIPDined on 8/27/2014and a corporate card. Cap Grille is perfect for afternoon/post-work drinks, and it even has a happy hour bar menu that won't break the bank. A bit less wallet friendly is the food menu, whether you are at lunch or dinner. The 8oz fillet was perfectly cooked to medium rare, but could have used a more liberal application of salt. and was overpriced given that it came with no sides at all. The shrimp cocktail was excellent, given the giant, tender shellfish and tangy cocktail sauce. Some of the seafood options were surprise hits, such as the sea bass 'chef's suggestion.' Our group of 7 was seated upstairs, and one problem was the general din of the room, which made conversation with anyone other than the person next to you impossible.Special Features:
- Treated like royaltyMrsmaraventano26Dined on 8/26/2014We had the pleasure of having Robbie as a server and he took care of us! He was knowledgable about wines and was able to provide suggestions about wine pairing for our food. He was friendly and warm. The food was delicious and the wine was amazing!!! We will definitely return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Birthday DinnerFoodie2Dined on 8/15/2014Took my daughter and her husband to the Capital Grille with my wife and daughter's in laws to celebrate their August birthdays. I have been to several Capital Grilles over the years and this place on Wall Street did not disappoint. We all had a fabulous dinner and the service was outstanding. Our waiter, Khalid, and the other servers could not have been more helpful and nicer. It was a first class experience and I now consider the Capital Grille to be tops of all the steakhouses I have been to. We loved the private room and the attention to detail by the staff. I would highly recommend this place for the service and quality of the food. Thanks Capital Grille Wall Street for a great experience!!!Special Features:
- Food was fair not greatrandbVIPDined on 8/15/2014I ordered filet mignon medium rare. Waiter said that means medium - it was barely pink. It was also too dark inside. For their prices, I would not recommend
- FoodieLoverDined on 8/15/2014I 've always enjoyed dining at the Capital Grille - and will continue to do so. This is one of the NYC spots that you know you cant go wrong with.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2014I have been to Capital Grille - NY - Wall Street several times and have always had a wonderful experience. That is why my friends and I decided to go there for the last day of Restaurant Week. We were disappointed.....the service was slow and the food was mediocre. Perhaps it was just a bad day for the restaurant. I will not let this one negative experience ruin all of the good ones I've had there and will try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/15/2014The last day of restaurant week, made a 12:15pm reservation was seated right away. My coworker and I placed our order 10min after being seated. We patiently waited for our entrees as we started to see people that was seated after us receiving their orders. It was a extreme long wait to point I had to call over the manager to find out what was the delay. It's now 1:10pm once our orders came out... The long wait took the enjoyment out of our meals. The manager did apologize however no explanation from the waitress.Special Features:
- Happy CamperMoodyFoodieDined on 8/15/2014My friend and I decided to stop in for lunch during Restaurant Week. The hostesses were friendly and accommodating. Lunch was delicious. I look forward to returning someday!Special Features:
- Love!DebDeliciousDined on 8/14/2014I came to this Capital Grille location for my birthday, and I absolutely loved it. Based on the service alone, I would come back. Doesn't hurt that the food is AMAZING! I have also gone to the Grand Central location, and it was wonderful as well. Great restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodMinnieRVIPDined on 8/14/2014This is one of our go to places for dinner after work. The service is great and food is consistently good. On this visit, we had calamari with pepperoncino, lamb chops and crusted tuna. Check the vault which they converted into a door downstairs, it's pretty cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Specialafoote43Dined on 8/14/2014They have great food and a lively bar scene and it is located just steps from the NY Stock Exchange. Bar scene is loud but they have a great downstairs dining area for those more into each other then being seen. Steaks were cooked as ordered and all the sides were wonderful. Drinks are a bit pricey but I guess it goes with the location.Special Features:
- Capital GrilleExcellentDined on 8/14/2014Came here for restaurant week lunch and it was above and beyond my expectations! I would definitely come back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekMad0911Dined on 8/13/2014I had a great experience here, the restaurant week menu was elegant. The food was amazing!!!! Everything I ate melted in my mouth. I must go back. I really enjoyed the food here.Special Features:
- Little bit disappointedhehetungDined on 8/12/2014It was not a great experience there......the only reason I was choosing this resraurant to go because the taste of the steak. Always I ask medium rare for my dishes. I did ask medium rare again when i went there on Tuesday. However, i got my steak cooked meduim well(I guess). I was trying to located my waiter and could not find him.
- Awesome!cmc5095Dined on 8/11/2014Went for restaurant week with my friends and we had such a great time! Great food! Great wine!Special Features:
- great restaurant week choicecampy23Dined on 8/11/2014decent size fillet mignon for ordering from the restaurant week menu. our server was great and all the other staff were super friendly and very attentive. the ceasar salad appetizer was way heavy on the dressing for my taste, but otherwise a great meal!Special Features:
- disappointedsaultieDined on 8/11/2014Worst Caesar Salad ever. Stale roll. Wilted lettuce in lobster salad. Sevice too quick.
- KikaDined on 8/8/2014A nice dinner With music and good meets.steak is very good. We're french , and we like find good restaurants in New York in the sumer weekSpecial Features:
- Great steak and desertCChaoDined on 8/8/2014was there during the restaurant week. Awesome aged steak and desert. We took the leftover of desert home (flourless cholocate mocha cake and a cheesecake). Lots of food. steak and salad was provided with big amountSpecial Features:
- Tasty foodcz123Dined on 8/8/2014Definitely recommended to a friend. The food is tasty and dish is full size. It's better than we expected in restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.