The Capital Grille - NY – Chrysler Center
155 E 42nd Street
Located in the Trylon Towers of The Chrysler Center
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - NY – Chrysler Center
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 2129532000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Juan Arboleda
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
- Cross Street: Between Lexington & Third Avenues
- Public Transit: Grand Central Terminal: 4, 5, 6, 7 & S subways. Metro-North Railroad. Buses: M1, M2, M3, M4, M42, M98, M101, M 102, M104.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available daily for $10.00 after 3:30pm at the ICON Parking Garage on 40th Street between Second and Third Avenues (one closest to Second Avenue). For additional information call The Capital Grille at 212-953-2000.
A word from The Capital Grille - NY – Chrysler Center
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Located in the Chrysler Center.Continued
* If you are making a reservation from outside of the U.S., please email email@example.com
* If you are making a reservation from outside of the U.S., please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Capital Grille - NY – Chrysler Center reviews from OpenTable diners
359 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (195)notable wine list (135)good for groups (124)fit for foodies (119)great for lunch (107)romantic (92)hot spot (62)neighborhood gem (56)vibrant bar scene (55)scenic view (31)late-night find (20)great for brunch (18)kid-friendly (9)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- MonaVIPDined on 8/26/2014Loved the service. Amazing food. We were very pleased with our experience.Special Features:
- Great SteakFood77VIPDined on 8/24/2014Have been to Capital Grille locations in other US cities. They are very consistent in their delivery. Nothing I cant say about the NYC location that I cant say about Detroit, Chicago, etc. Great appetizers (shrimp cocktail). The lobster mac n cheese and cream corn were out of this world! I had the Kona steak (medium), it was very flavourful and the coffee infused crust was just to die for. The servers were all very attentive and made excellent suggestions for wine etc. Again, an all around great meal at a great pricepoint!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/20/2014We were a party of seven, and enjoyed our dining experience. The entres were excellent, back up from above average at the same place previously. The degree of cooking for the steaks was precise, and the sauces ( Kona sauce and the wine sauce) were excellent. My only issue with the event was the table itself. It was a large table, could probably do up to 10 and was placed at the beginning of the glass portion of the building. As such, it appeared to be added on, and was partly in the aisle. This inconvienced the waitstaff, as well as made it mildly uncomfortable for the people sitting on the side sticking out into the aisle.Special Features:
- happycamperDined on 8/19/2014Always a solid choice with good food, quick service and a positive attitude. the staff from matre d on down treat their customers well.Special Features:
- One of best in NYC...lvsmallrestaurantsDined on 8/18/2014Had yet another lunch meeting at Capital Grille, Best Caesar salad with chicken, prepared like I've never had it before..As usual my guest and I had a great meal, perfect service...a NYC restaurant where you can actually carry on a conversation...I'll be Back....Warren WeidemanSpecial Features:
- SupremeBklynSugaDined on 8/15/20142nd time dining here and I'm in love with the staff from the greeter to the wait staff. Food just seems to get better and better. Introduced 3 new ppl to this resturant and they also fell in love. lobster Mac n cheese is orgasmic!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceLady69Dined on 8/15/2014I had reunion dinner with my friend, we have not been seeing each other since 1984. We had a coulp of drinks before we start order, our waiter Tony is a very good guy, he takes care of us very good, and be patients. The aged steak is excellent , which I recommend to my friend, and I loved salmon with green bean. Just wish the food can be presented better on plate.Special Features:
- The Hidden EntranceTabascoDivaDined on 8/15/2014A fantastic deal with the Restaurant Week Menu. The salad was delicious. My steak was perfect:juicy not over or undercooked. my desert was a chocolate mousse, however my best friend Cheesecake was superb. The only hitch: on the reservation I requested wheelchair accessibility. When we arrived, we discovered there were stairs. We sat outside for almost 1/2 hour before someone from the staff by pure luck came out. He directed us to a side entrance where supplies come in. I was not happy by such a shabby welcome. We stayed, we were hungry and it was late to change our transportation arrangements. Inside the staff was amicable especially Dan the bartender , surprised us with a glass of wine on the house for the entrance mishap.Special Features:
- Great TasteJonesReviewsDined on 8/14/2014The food was amazing! My wife and I went during Restaurant Week and it was a first time for us both. The chef's work on the filet mignon was top notch! It's taste to find a place where you can get a perfectly cooked medium-well steak. The knife cut through is like butter and the seasoning was on point! My wife and I also loved the mashed potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence comes at a priceluv2eatVIPDined on 8/13/2014I've tried most of the "famous" beef joints in NYC and like Capital Grille the best. There meat is excellent and perfectly cooked. Although not there for the "sides" - the mashed potatoes are excellent as are the veggies. I found the spinach salad a little sweet whereas I like more acid to cut thru the bacon and hard boiled eggs but the crab meat/shrimp appetizer was excellent. But great steak doesn't come cheap - as my bill proved.Special Features:
- Could use some improvementJohnLeeDined on 8/13/2014I've been to Capital Grille at the Chrysler Building for a few years and the past experience has been outstanding. I was there last Wednesday and I have to say that the standard has come down a bit. Our waiter dropped some food on our table cloth and he picked it up and serve on my plate. I believe the table cloth was clean, but still that was not the right thing to do. Our meat was over-cooked/burnt, not the way we ordered as medium. I just would like the management read this and make some improvement to bring the restaurant back to the high level.Special Features:
- Just one commentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014Over all we loved everything. Just a constructive commend: We wanted to enjoy the restaurant week value. Because we were in a special diet we did not eat bread, not even the tiny bread stick and the dessert. My friend ask for more vegetable instead which we were turned down. I could understand no substitution policy but some times some common sense is necessary.Special Features:
- AMAZING!KpattiezDined on 8/12/2014Went here for restaurant week and was very pleased by the ambiance and especially the service. Our waiter was VERY attentive and provided excellent menu recommendations and wine pairings. I would absolutely go back to this location in the future! My only negative comment, would be that we had to wait 10 minutes to get seated even though I had made a reservation.Special Features:
- AmazingalsbasketDined on 8/12/2014We had a large group of 14 people for Summer Restaurant Week and it was amazing. The staff were very nice and everybody had a great time. I order the steak medium rare and it came out perfect. Great restaurant, just have to check it out for yourself.Special Features:
- WastingfoodisasinVIPDined on 8/11/2014Tasted the same as at another restaurant in Wall Street. Too crowded, so service was not right. Ordered the Generous Pour, 7 kinds napa valley wine flight, but got to enjoy only 4 kinds. Sigh.
- good diningDfdinesDined on 8/11/2014The Capitol Grille is reliable for their excellent steaks and burgers. I was pleased with the delicious citrus-glazed salmon which met the quality level of the meat. Even though the restaurant was extremely busy, the tables are set far enough apart to be comfortable and not overwhelmed with others' conversations. The service is polite and attentive.Special Features:
- HEIHEIVIPDined on 8/11/2014Good food but we felt rushed by the waiters. They removed our bread basket without checking with us. They also interrupted our conversations for the purpose of presenting the check on the center of the table while we actually did not even ask for the check yet.
- Excellent dining esperienceDanthek54Dined on 8/10/2014I went with my girlfriend during NYC restaurant week. We chose this restaurant due to its menu and reputation and we must say that it exceeded our expectations. Hunter, our waiter was courteous, knowledgeable, and very professional. The food was prepared to perfection. And the 7 wine flight was the icing on the cake. I was very happy with our meal and i would recommend this establishment to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so soGrillDined on 8/10/20142days ago , i gone to the restaurant for dine. i ate restaurant week menu ( serloin steak, meshed potato, choco-cake) All i experienced are perfect but steak. I think meat is overdried too much. Iam a bit disappointed.Special Features:
- Everything was great, but..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014I went there for the restaurant week. it was on Sunday night for dinner. Everything was perfect except for the attitude of a waitress. I might be oversensitive but I felt that she became a little ignoring us after she find out we were going to order restaurant-week menu.Special Features:
- mahbillDined on 8/10/2014everything was delicious; service was spectacular.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/8/2014Dramatic setting, delicious steak, efficient and caring service.
- DisappointedMoniDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I invited 2 guests to celebrate their anniv and have eaten at your restaurant in the Wall Street area several times and have ALWAYS enjoyed exceptional meals. This was the first time that we ate at this location, we ordered three medium steaks but two of the sirloins that were served were far from medium and quite dry. When we pointed this out to our server, he told us that even though the outside portion of both steaks were well done, the insides were "pink" indicating that the steaks were cooked "medium" as ordered. We will return to The Capital Grille, but not at this location, since it was not consistent with the food served at the Wall Street area location.
- showgalVIPDined on 8/8/2014We always enjoy our experience at the Capital Grille. Staff is very helpful and pleasant. Food is great. Restaurant Week selections were very generous.Special Features:
- Excellent!03142014VIPDined on 8/8/2014Excellent! Melissa was most knowledgble about the selections of wine - we really enjoyed the wine tasting special promotion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Very thing was great from service to food. Would be great for large parties too.Special Features:
- Waiter made the mealEhhhDined on 8/8/2014The food was really nothing to rave about. Christian was our server and he was a pleasure. Really the entire staff seemed very pleasant. The temps of the steaks were off. 1 of my party had to send it back. The food was cold when it reached the table. Thank God for NYC Restaraunt week because the experience wasn't costly.Special Features:
- Inconsistent meatIamAfoodieDined on 8/8/2014We were here for restaurant week. The portions were good (14oz sirloin!), but unfortunately my meat was really chewy. My coworker's meat was fine, so I guess I got a bad cut of meat. Clam chowder was just ok, but the flourless chocolate espresso cake was really good, so at least I was happy to end my meal with that. Service was great!Special Features:
- Great restaurant week menuLiketoeatDined on 8/8/2014We've been pigging out all week at Restaurant week. I must say that the menu here has been the best of the lot. Great choices and reasonably sized potions. Beautifully prepared. Delicious food. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a misstepMPaulJCVIPDined on 8/7/2014What I like most about Capital Grille is the consistency: crisp, professional, white-glove service with top quality food. Certain clients need the Capital touch. This location is the best that I've been to. The managers respect their regular clientele and know how to make them feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Me and My KidsJoyceDined on 8/6/2014I took my two adult children for Restaurant Week dinner. The food was great, Rachel was very nice and we had a really nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT TIME IN THERE!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Really great there. Nice taste and romantic restaurant ever seen. But little noisy in front side. I want to go there again next time!Special Features:
- Fantastic DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/6/2014We went last night to celebrate my grandmothers 87th birthday and could not be more pleased with the entire experience at Capital Grille. I have already recommended it to friends if they have a special occasion. Every part of the meal was delicious and the service was spectacular. All of the little things too, from confetti on the table to champagne toast to the card - it all made the night unforgettable. THANK YOU!
- ShauVIPDined on 8/6/2014Had fhe restaurant week menu, food was ok but will not go back and spend more money there. I thought the food was bland. Filet mignon was cooked exactly as requested, nice size portion for salmon. Great breads and chocolate cake, reaasonably priced wines, would have liked a refill on my coffee. Got very noisy.Special Features:
- QuennieDined on 8/6/2014food was superb, nice ambience, great service, people are friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisiteFiosDined on 8/5/2014The service was impeccable! Once your order is placed it seems as if the entire staff works together to bring the best experience in perfect harmony. The food prep, wine, and dessert will leave your palate satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicejusjaysonDined on 8/5/2014My girlfriend and I came here for restaurant week. My filet mignon was perfectly cooked. We were treated well and the service was outstanding. My only complaint was the annoying, barely audible music which droned the low tones of a walking bass the entire dinner.Special Features:
- Business DinnerStanVIPDined on 8/5/2014Great food and wine. Unfortunately, so noisy could not comfortably carry on a conversation.
- Absolute delightchowDined on 8/5/2014I came here for Restaurant Week with my girlfriend and we were both glad to have a table reserved; the place looked packed on a Tuesday night. But despite the crowd, we were able to enjoy our dinner in a lovely, quieter room towards the back. Our waiter was gracious, attentive, and really made us feel special among the crowd of other diners. I understand Restaurant Week's menu choices are really limited, but there wasn't much variation in the available entrees. Nonetheless, the food was delicious! It makes me want to return and try all the other items on their regular menu. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- One of my favorites!FoodieFeedbackDined on 8/5/2014Never disappointed when I eat at The Capital Grille...one of my very favorite things about NYC.Special Features: