The Capital Grille - Naples
9005 Mercato Drive
Naples, FL 34108Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Naples
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (239) 254-0640
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Houston
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Naples
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Capital Grille - Naples - Best Restaurants in Naples ›
The Capital Grille - Naples reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (134)notable wine list (88)fit for foodies (81)romantic (78)good for groups (50)neighborhood gem (46)vibrant bar scene (46)hot spot (35)great for lunch (25)late-night find (9)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Poor service supersedes good foodLawrenceVIPDined on 11/15/2014Food was prepared perfectly but our experience was diminished by poor service. We sat in a small room with four tables. There was a server for the three other tables but our server took care of tables outside our room. She popped in every once in awhile but was never available for questions or problems. At the end of the meal she finally came in to ask if our food was prepared to our specifications. We were told by a manager that she had a problem with another table outside our room requiring her attention. That's the restaurant's problem and not mine. Interestingly, I had requested a quiet table to celebrate my wife's birthday. We were placed at a table that was at the entrance to outside dining with constant traffic passing by us. Also,after we sat down, a table for seven people was set-up next to us. Not too quiet. I'll have to think twice about returning.
- Continues to fulfill expectationsJohny5starVIPDined on 11/14/2014Once again Capital Grille lived up to its full expectation. We went with a group of eight and the service and quality of food and cooperation fantastic. It is a great place to meet with friends for that special person in your life. We enjoyed the fresh Stone crab in Delmonico steak which was prepared perfectly. Wine selections were good but not overwhelming. Service impeccable. This is my go to place for steak in Naples. If I have one choice only for one night it would be capital Grille. I look forward to returning there again soon. If I had any complain at all it would be that they do not have copper mugs to show my Moscow Mule. That is a very small issue so I guess I will be returning again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BMSPDined on 11/13/2014The service and food were exceptional and we will definitely return. This is by far the best restaurant in Naples, with outstanding service and delicious food, They go out of their way to please you in every way. Our table had champagne, cocktails , wine, salad, soup, beef and vegetables. and finished with yummy desserts. It could't have been better! We will all return ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow !AllaboutfoodDined on 11/13/2014My husband and I decided to try The Capital Grille out of curiosity. We were first welcome by a courteous valet. Then , we were pleasantly surprised by the very nice and clean restaurant. The staff was always helpful. Our server Jessie was also very kind and professional. The food was excellent.... Parmesan fries are a MUST.... Good selection of wines....specially the half bottles. I look forward to going back with my guests......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep it simple.JseyerleDined on 11/11/2014Filet + Fries. Perfect. Everything was good, from the greeting at the door until then check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LLamp1Dined on 11/10/2014Good but pricey. Best feature is outstanding service. Better options available at small local restaurants in Naples at half the tab.Special Features:
- A wonderful experiencePaulaDined on 11/10/2014We were there to celebrate my husband's birthday and received excellent food and service. Thanks to Felippe for being so attentive to all the little details.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerfrankgVIPDined on 11/9/2014This was a dinner celebration for my 70th. Capital Grille did not disappoint. The steaks are cooked to perfection. Out wait staff person, Aimee, was exceptional. We celebrated my wife's big birthday here previously and were eager to return which we shall do so again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adult Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/8/2014The menu is fantastic, from appetizers straight through to desert. The staff is attentive without being intrusive and the atmosphere, while jam packed, was still intimate and enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerMarkDined on 11/7/2014This was a Birthday dinner for my spouse and one of our daughters. We enjoyed the food wine and service.Special Features:
- RRTJuniorVIPDined on 11/4/2014We frequent the Capital Grille on a regular basis, usually with friends, and can always count on consistently excellent food and service. This past Tuesday was no exception. One of our favorite restaurants in Naples.Special Features:
- Special PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014We four enjoyed it very much. Did I receive my 100o points?Special Features:
- miktchDined on 11/3/2014As always, outstanding food, ambiance and service but too expensive especially drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/2/2014We had a most enjoyable evening due to a great dinner and two outstanding servers. We will be back and we will tell our friends to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniverary DinnerMCMFLDined on 11/2/2014Awesome experience, great food and excellent service. Great attention to our 41st anniversary.Special Features:
- A bit let down this time :(TomBVIPDined on 11/1/2014We were celebrating my best friend's birthday and overall we were a bit let down by the service we received. We had an older, female server, who was very absent minded. It took her forever to get our wine and open it. She was very cold in personality and forgot to order some of the sides. We were going to order dessert, but we just wanted to leave by the end of our meal. Please hire servers with a friendly personality, so they don't ruin the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Celebratory Spotlove2dineDined on 11/1/2014Food, service, place...all was fun. Topped off with a dessert and photo of our special birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Entire staff inside and out professional and attentive while wearing welcoming smileSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience.FoodieVIPDined on 11/1/2014Food, especially the steaks, was excellent.perhaps the creamed spinach could have had a little less cream and more spinach. We will go back.Special Features:
- Another great eveningBBY22VIPDined on 11/1/2014We dine here 2-3 times a month and we are always very happy here..We know everyone and they all stop by to say hello..it is a very comfortable setting for us in every way...and the for is excellent...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2014Delicious food and a wonderful evening! The salmon was perfectly prepared, as was the steak.Special Features:
- BuddyBuddyDined on 10/31/2014The Capital Grill Naples is fantastic! The food, service and atmosphere is second to none! Every possible effort was made to ensure our dining experience was exceptional!Special Features:
- Another Best!nancyinnaplesDined on 10/30/2014I brought my friend for lunch on her birthday. As always, the food was perfect and the service great. Only issue this week was that we were crowded into a corner, with a vocal group right next to us. No one's fault. The birthday treats were a hit with my friend and her husband. Thanks, as always.Special Features:
- Always a great steakJohnInNaplesVIPDined on 10/29/2014This is the way a steak house should be: great service, hearty entrees, and good wine. We are never disappointed at Capital Grille, here or at any of their other locations.Special Features:
- JackieVIPDined on 10/29/2014Everything was wonderful...JUST TOO NOISY...the music should be more like 'spa' music or classical. It is hard to hear your table mates, if there is more than 4 of you.Special Features:
- Two issuesBob0737Dined on 10/28/2014We chose a 2009 Stonestreet Monument Ridge Cab and the waiter delivered a 2012! I rejected this bottle and ordered another. The waiter did not check it , but handled the situation acceptably. This often happens with a one year difference, but never three years later vintage. The second issue was a significant bulge in the table top that almost resulted in a spilled glass of wine($100) !! Both issues were discussed with the manager on his rounds to check on customer satisfaction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so greatTOMW1Dined on 10/24/2014Went with high expectations. Great ambiance, outstanding service. Food was far from exceptional; for a healthy price, the steaks were very tasteless. I've had much better quality food at restaurants with much less of a reputation. Overall, the quality of the steaks, along with the price tag overrides the fine service and ambiance.Special Features:
- Great serviceBoomboom1VIPDined on 10/23/2014Waiter was knowledgable and respectful. Things got done without interuptionSpecial Features:
- No customer serviceNana0313VIPDined on 10/22/2014We booked and asked for a booth. We were seated where I was bumped into with nearly ever passerby at a table. The kitchen is so loud in thee you have to shout above that and all the other noise. We had a better dinner at Naples Flatbread. Not a good experience. Heading back to Nevada where restaurants know what service is. Waitress was new and clumsy too.
- EsteroVIPDined on 10/22/2014Excellent friendly service, good food, food cook to perfectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service outstanding!mammarocksVIPDined on 10/21/2014We've been in naples 4 years but had never been to Capital Grill. It was my birthday and we had reservations for a well known restaurant on the beach. Given that it that it was rainy we decided to try something new. we decided to try Capital Grill. WOW Upon arriving we were ushered to our table which already had been prepared with happy birthday table "sprinkles" a lovely card and then offered a sparkling wine to toast the event. We are very particular eaters. The best French onion soup in Naples. Very good Delmonico and Porterhouse steaks. Fabulous creamy spinach and probably the best Parmesan truffle fries I've ever had. They graciously offered us a birthday dessert. Yan, our waiter, was delightful. A great birthday dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chan20Dined on 10/19/2014We have been here many times to celebrate various occasions. We were there Sunday night to celebrate our 50th anniversary. The food was excellent as always,but this was the first time that we were not happy with the service. We have celebrated many birthdays and anniversaries since we arrived in Florida 7 years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very, very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2014i wish there was a 4 1/2 star category, the steaks were outstanding, the au gratin potatoes were the best we have ever had, the prices were fair for the quality of the food, the service good. why no 5 stars? to my thinking, to get 5 stars, EVERYTHING must be exceptional. the mushrooms were merely good , not great. will we go back? of course we will. this is a very, very good restaurant, probably the best steaks in naples.Special Features:
- Always goodFoodieVIPDined on 10/18/2014The whole crew is always very accommodating. This time my filet was outstanding! The best I've had at CG.Special Features:
- a superb dining experienceBBY22VIPDined on 10/18/2014We dine at Capital Grille 2-3 times a month and it is always superb..The food, the setting and, of course, the people all make our evenings there so very enjoyable..I have written reviews in this space about Capital Grille often and it is difficult to add anything new..except to repeat how very good all the people are and how much we enjoy our dinners there...Special Features:
- Main dining areaOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/16/2014We were sat in the corridor- cold and draughty Server was a bit offhandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You pay for what you getLeeYDined on 10/16/2014Very expensive but superb in very way. Waiter attentive and professional and meat cooked to perfection. Only complaint is that we were near the kitchen and it was noisy for our party of 7 at a round table. They gave all of the women in our party red roses, and they had asked me prior if it was a special occasion and if I wanted the table decorated. Highly recommend and reservations strongly suggested.Special Features:
- The BestOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/11/2014While Capital Grill in Naples is always one of our favorites, we were really impressed that they acknowledged a hic up from our last visit! Offered us complimentary appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightLocalVIPDined on 10/10/2014Always a great way to spend a romantic evening. Food is always excellent and service is top notch. Server was very accomadating to get us out quickly to make the movie start time at Silverspot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryDined on 10/4/2014Just right for a special birthday celebration! Emily was very attentive: she took good care of us. Dinner was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.