The Capital Grille - Naples
9005 Mercato Drive
Naples, FL 34108Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Naples
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 2392540640
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Houston
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Naples
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Capital Grille - Naples - Best Restaurants in Naples ›
The Capital Grille - Naples reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (106)notable wine list (68)romantic (63)fit for foodies (59)neighborhood gem (41)good for groups (35)vibrant bar scene (31)hot spot (22)great for lunch (21)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- No customer serviceNana0313VIPDined on 10/22/2014We booked and asked for a booth. We were seated where I was bumped into with nearly ever passerby at a table. The kitchen is so loud in thee you have to shout above that and all the other noise. We had a better dinner at Naples Flatbread. Not a good experience. Heading back to Nevada where restaurants know what service is. Waitress was new and clumsy too.
- EsteroVIPDined on 10/22/2014Excellent friendly service, good food, food cook to perfectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service outstanding!mammarocksVIPDined on 10/21/2014We've been in naples 4 years but had never been to Capital Grill. It was my birthday and we had reservations for a well known restaurant on the beach. Given that it that it was rainy we decided to try something new. we decided to try Capital Grill. WOW Upon arriving we were ushered to our table which already had been prepared with happy birthday table "sprinkles" a lovely card and then offered a sparkling wine to toast the event. We are very particular eaters. The best French onion soup in Naples. Very good Delmonico and Porterhouse steaks. Fabulous creamy spinach and probably the best Parmesan truffle fries I've ever had. They graciously offered us a birthday dessert. Yan, our waiter, was delightful. A great birthday dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chan20Dined on 10/19/2014We have been here many times to celebrate various occasions. We were there Sunday night to celebrate our 50th anniversary. The food was excellent as always,but this was the first time that we were not happy with the service. We have celebrated many birthdays and anniversaries since we arrived in Florida 7 years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very, very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2014i wish there was a 4 1/2 star category, the steaks were outstanding, the au gratin potatoes were the best we have ever had, the prices were fair for the quality of the food, the service good. why no 5 stars? to my thinking, to get 5 stars, EVERYTHING must be exceptional. the mushrooms were merely good , not great. will we go back? of course we will. this is a very, very good restaurant, probably the best steaks in naples.Special Features:
- Always goodFoodieDined on 10/18/2014The whole crew is always very accommodating. This time my filet was outstanding! The best I've had at CG.Special Features:
- a superb dining experienceBBY22VIPDined on 10/18/2014We dine at Capital Grille 2-3 times a month and it is always superb..The food, the setting and, of course, the people all make our evenings there so very enjoyable..I have written reviews in this space about Capital Grille often and it is difficult to add anything new..except to repeat how very good all the people are and how much we enjoy our dinners there...Special Features:
- Main dining areaOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/16/2014We were sat in the corridor- cold and draughty Server was a bit offhandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You pay for what you getLeeYDined on 10/16/2014Very expensive but superb in very way. Waiter attentive and professional and meat cooked to perfection. Only complaint is that we were near the kitchen and it was noisy for our party of 7 at a round table. They gave all of the women in our party red roses, and they had asked me prior if it was a special occasion and if I wanted the table decorated. Highly recommend and reservations strongly suggested.Special Features:
- The BestOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/11/2014While Capital Grill in Naples is always one of our favorites, we were really impressed that they acknowledged a hic up from our last visit! Offered us complimentary appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightLocalVIPDined on 10/10/2014Always a great way to spend a romantic evening. Food is always excellent and service is top notch. Server was very accomadating to get us out quickly to make the movie start time at Silverspot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryDined on 10/4/2014Just right for a special birthday celebration! Emily was very attentive: she took good care of us. Dinner was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFlashDined on 10/3/2014Celebrated our anniversary there and they did everything right. Sprinkled table with hearts, a private note, complimentary champagne and dessert! Why ever celebrate anywhere else?Special Features:
- OutstandinglastbidsDined on 10/3/2014Always the best in service, food & ambiance! Special occasions are just that at Capital Grille!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bday dinner!RxchicDined on 10/2/2014We dined here for my birthday on oct 2nd and we had a great experience! This is our first time at this location and as always, the food and service were exceptional. A couple of negatives (but didn't ruin the night): our waiter forgot to give us bread, and he also forgot to give us the picture he took of our party. It was no big deal at all though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mhc11Dined on 9/29/2014Very enjoyable evening for celebrating our 40th Anniversary. Great meal and even better service.Special Features:
- Excellent as usualThomasVIPDined on 9/27/2014This place is so good all the time. Everything was excellent as usual.Special Features:
- Another superb dining experienceBBY22VIPDined on 9/27/2014We dine here 2-3 times a month and it is always excellent..the food is excellent but it is the superb service that keeps us coming back so often.. Will, the manager, always visits with us..Christine, who is leaving also visits with us..and Debra and Dave our servers are great and have become dear friends...Heidi also stops by...and Tara, Ashley and Lauren, the hostess are very warm and friendly and always greet us by name.. It is our favorite restaurant in Naples...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for aged steak loversNaplesresidentsDined on 9/27/2014Our family likes traditional steaks, not the aged and fermented kind, so this was not a hit. We live in Naples year round and appreciate the restaurant overall. The server was very nice, but slow in remembering requests, and not as attentive to details, like low water levels. But, it is a great place for people who like to have a "different" kind of steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LSBPHDined on 9/26/2014CELEBRATING ANNIVERSARY, DAVID OUR WAITER MADE THE EVENING VERY SPECIAL EXCELLENT SERVICE AND ATTENTION FOOD EXCEPTIONALSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wagyu BurgerDiningOutAgainVIPDined on 9/22/2014Kill me now. I've tasted perfection and am ready to go. Parmesan truffle fries were also worth the calories. It's a dietary splurge and worth every bite.Special Features:
- pjocDined on 9/19/2014very attentive service....outstanding food both in quality & presentation...LOVE the bone-in filet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in town!PollyDined on 9/18/2014Always perfect service ,waitstaff, food, ambiance and an overall delightful experience. WE love going for special occasions especiallySpecial Features:
- HowardClassyDined on 9/17/2014We had Howard as our waiter and he is one of the most professional service minded people out there. Food was excellent and service even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/16/2014Capital Grill is our go to place when we are in town. It's always a "sure thing". This evening it happened to be our anniversay, which I mentioned in the notes when booking online. The table was set with flowers and heart confetti & a handwritten note was a nice touch. Out waiter Vlad who was professional yet personal made the night that much more enjoyable for us. He was the best waiter I have ever experienced. Along with a champagne toast, a picture of my husband and I printed out for us and dessert...The Capital Grill went above and beyond. We will always return...and of course the food was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably IncredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014Everything Perfect - Food - Service - Ambiance - Wow!!! - You can always count on Capital GrilleSpecial Features:
- Very nice upscale restaurantINoticeTheDetailsDined on 9/13/2014We needed a nice restaurant to meet friends at...it was lovely. I picked it because I had been to one before in NYC and loved it. The atmosphere was bustling and the crowd energetic. The wine list is extensive. The food was very good, but not extraordinary...I found it a bit expensive for what was given...but overall I was pleased and would eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the BestBBY22VIPDined on 9/13/2014We dine here 2-3 times a month..always the same booth..it is the best restaurant in Naples..the staff is outstanding.. We have gotten to know many of them...and we are ALWAYS greeted very warmly and by name...they make us feel very welcome and comfortable.... It is a lovely setting and the food is outstanding...Special Features:
- Great food and serviceLiv2eatDined on 9/11/2014Great food and service, consistently . This is by far the best restaurant in north Naples . Beautiful ambience and great management , set the toneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion.RobertDined on 9/7/2014The best food and service combo in Naples. Pricey but worth it every so often.Special Features:
- Always a great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/6/2014We dine at the Capital Grille when we are at our home in Naples, FL. The service is always excellent - the servers are extremely polite and informative. The food is wonderful and always cooked to perfection. We love going there for dinner, especially sitting in one of the side rooms where it is more intimate and quiet. We will continue to enjoy our evenings there for many years to come. There are many steak houses around, but The Capital Grille is truly our favorite.Special Features:
- simply superb..as alwaysBBY22VIPDined on 9/6/2014Capital Grille is one of the best..if NOT the best restaurant in Naples...the food, ambiance is terrific but it is the outstanding service and friendliness of the staff that makes Capital Grille so very special...Will Petersen the manager..hostesses Tara, Ashley Lauren are all great and servers Debra, Dave, Heidi and Jen are also warm and friendly. We dine here 2-3 times a month and it is always a treat..Special Features:
- AccommodatingFoodieDined on 9/3/2014I've been to this location many times and have always been well pleased. They greet you warmly, and do everything to accomodate every request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best place everEdman60Dined on 8/31/2014Food and service was excellent! Will recommend this place to other people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grille; Always Good SteaksLondonVisitingDinerDined on 8/30/2014We always enjoy Capital Grille , particularly the branch in Naples. For those who don't know, Capital Grille is a national chain of Steak Houses that manages to achieve that 'local feel'. Steaks are very good and usually always cooked to your liking exactly as you want it. We would like to see a few more fresh vegetables on the menu and wine prices do seem to be edging up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MiltyDined on 8/29/2014We are from Sarasota and were here for the weekend, i have eaten at many Capital Gilles and find it very enjoyable all the way around and so was Naples. Your always treated special at Capital Grille. Really enjoyed meeting James a training manager for Sarasota and can't wait to have him there, he is very professional and knowledgable about the food industry and a joy to speak with. Good job James.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS FOOD & SERVICELIFoodieDined on 8/28/2014My brother and I took my mom to CG for her 80th birthday. We couldn't have chosen a better restaurant. I indicated via Open Table that this would be her birthday. They gave us a quiet table, decorated with birthday confetti. The service was top notch. Food & wine were delicious. We all had the aged porterhouse. Fabulous. Highly recommend the hot cherry pepper calamari, truffle fries & cream spinach. They gave mom a special dessert (cheesecake and a dark chocolate mousse) and took her photo with us - and gave us all a copy. Thank you CG for making mom's 80th so special and memorable and Open Table for making the reservation process, which i did from NY, easy.Special Features:
- EvilwomanDined on 8/28/2014This is the perfect place for a special occasion such as a birthday. We will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Pleasant ExperiencealfthecatDined on 8/27/2014We celebrated a Birthday on this occasion and everyone loved it. From the service to the food we thoroughly enjoyed our experience. This is the second time we celebrated a Birthday at the Capital Grille and they really make you feel special. We all received Champagne, a picture of our group and a Rose! We will be back next month to celebrate another 2 birthdays...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for SteaknaplesfoodyDined on 8/26/2014Had a birthday dinner recently and the service was amazing. Steaks all around were delicious and perfectly done. Will definitely return!Special Features: