The Capital Grille - Minneapolis
801 Hennepin Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55402Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Minneapolis
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (612) 692-9000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:00am – 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Crystal Morris
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Capital Grille will cater parties of 20 to 100 guests with outstanding food & service.
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact our Sales and Marketing Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Minneapolis
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located in the heart of the Hennepin Theatre District.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Capital Grille - Minneapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
The Capital Grille - Minneapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
285 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (236)notable wine list (148)romantic (139)fit for foodies (123)good for groups (72)hot spot (35)great for lunch (25)vibrant bar scene (24)neighborhood gem (20)late-night find (17)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Awesome dinner!CaieDined on 11/22/2014Our server had great recommendations from the appetizers through main course. We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and champagne and dessert was on the house which made the dinner more enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DowntownGWD36217Dined on 11/19/2014Decided to sit at bar and eat - Was a excellent choice. Had great service, drinks, and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MnGrrlVIPDined on 11/15/2014I love Capital Grill. Their Delmonico steak is one of my favorites. Good service. The greeters/hostesses seemed a bit overwhelmed and not terribly welcoming the last time I was there, but that was an anomaly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EllyDined on 11/15/2014Our 3 generation family had a variety of entrees and we all loved our choices. There were entries for everyone's taste, from vegetarian to seafood to steak. The service was impeccable. The ambiance was cozy and beautiful, as we had a booth in the corner which we needed for a quieter corner. The double birthday surprize was marvelous! This was a perfect 10 dining experience and one of the best of our lives!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service in a long time!Pepero01Dined on 11/13/2014Our server, Chris, was absolutely professional, attentive, and went above and beyond to make our dinner celebration very special. He made sure that our food was to our exact satisfaction, made wonderful suggestions, and truly was a big part in our decision to return to the restaurant in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fell short of expectationsRickVIPDined on 11/11/2014First time at this location, but have dined at other Capitol Grille locations. Wedge salad lettuce was less than crisp. Both of us had steaks that were a little overcooked and one was a tad dry. Truffle fries were excellent, as were he mushrooms. Server was excellent, BUT the lowlight of the business dinner was when the entrees arrived while we were both still finished the first courses. Restaurant was not crowded and this should have been better planned. Had to send them back which may be the reason steaks ended up overcooked. Would go back, but would not rush back based on this experience.Special Features:
- Great Serviceking1234Dined on 11/8/2014We made reservations & were able to be seated immediately upon arrival. Our table had some birthday confetti for my boyfriends birthday which was nice. We loved the food the we ordered and were pleasantly surprised at the desert we got for His birthday. My only complaints are we were sat a table for two & the entire time we kept noticing how far apart we were. The table was placed the long way probably to make more room for the area. There was also a lot of noise so talking to each other was like yelling across the table. We were also very crowded into our place. We are both smaller sized people so were able to squeeze in & out when needed however the couples on either side of us were large people so were constantly excusing ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulsteakpuristDined on 11/7/2014Fabulous food, lots of special perks for our special occasion celebration, and we all loved our server, Lynn.Special Features:
- Great placeT2MNDined on 11/7/2014Went for a special occasion and they made it such. Great food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very very goodJenbenDined on 11/7/2014Loved everything about this place. Food was excellent. A place to go before the shows downtown. Valet parking made it easier too!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerSonicsraindropDined on 11/4/2014They really went out of their way to make sure my birthday dinner was great. They had confetti on the table and a dessert with a candle. It was just enough and not over the top. The filet was cooked to perfection. Would definitely eat there again.Special Features:
- Foodbarbie1Dined on 11/3/2014The food was excellent but was only lukewarm and should have been hotter. This is our favorite restaurant in Minneapolis and is generally excellent. It was quite busy when we were there so I am sure our food should have been brought out sooner. This is a top notch restaurant and a situation like this rarely happens.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceJHT44Dined on 11/3/2014We went there for my husband's birthday. Red wine we had was good taste. We ordered Filet Mignon and Dry Aged Porterhouse steak for entree. Both were excellent quality. Only one thing I would like to mention is that salt on our steaks were too strong for us. Our server, Shannon is knowledgeable, pleasant and patient. Thank you very much for a wonderful, memorable dining.Special Features:
- Always terrificDisappointedDined on 11/2/2014Known for the steak - only place my wife gets steak, but I usually have fish and it is also very good. Service is impeccable. And try the warm black bread with raisins!Special Features:
- Serious Steaks!MrPeabodyDined on 11/2/2014The menu is short and to the point - steaks, steaks and steaks. With a side of seafood and a stray lamb. The salad we had (shaved beets) was excellent. The steak was cooked to perfection (and I have a very high standard for steak) and the scallops with rissotto were exceptional. The wine list is extensive, and we were able to find a very nice bottle that was moderatley priced. Desert was coffee and a very nice sea salt & carmel gelato, house made. The service was attentive without being intrusive. All in all, a very, very nice 3 hour meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grille Never DisappointsEWanDined on 11/1/2014The expression "you get what you pay for" holds very true for Capital Grille. Although it is on the expensive side, the food, service and atmosphere is excellent. We had a great time with another couple and thought the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Excellent food!DianneDined on 11/1/2014Our table of 6 all truly enjoyed our appetizers, dinners, cocktails and wine. The filet and lobster combo were delicious! Our son raved about the sliced filet with mushrooms. Our lovely booth/table was perfect for allowing conversation in this busy restaurant.Special Features:
- awesomeBellaDined on 10/31/2014We had a great time and as always I am impressed with the outstanding service!Special Features:
- 2nd to NONEOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/31/2014The filet not only was fork tender, but melted in your mouth. Service, outstanding.Special Features:
- Our 15 year Wedding Anniversary*glittergirl29Dined on 10/30/2014It was a delight from the moment we walked in* The food was absolutely delicious & they treated us with such care as we Celebrated our 15 year anniversary!!! Thank you very much for making it such a memorable experience~Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak night.DaniHDined on 10/30/2014It was a good place. They have a great app to help choose a wine. They really pushed getting a bottle but I was driving and didn't need to drink that much. The steak wS good. I'm not sure it was a $50 steak but it was decent. The sides were average. The one thing that was great we're the crab and lobster cakes. Delicious!Special Features:
- Good serviceBskusskeDined on 10/29/2014Great steaks! Service was awesome. Have us a few things to try as we were waiting for our food. Nice wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfect!PerfectionDined on 10/29/2014I've been there several times and never had anything less than an outstanding experience. World class.Special Features:
- OutstandingPoppoVIPDined on 10/29/2014The food and service were fabulous. Steaks came to the table at the perfect temperature. My water glass was filled every time I took a sip. The manager personally brought over dessert in honor of my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthdaybobob1916VIPDined on 10/27/2014Had a perfect birthday dinner. Thanks very much to our server Chris who helped make the night perfect.Special Features:
- Never fails to impressAfoodieDined on 10/27/2014This restaurant is a consistent winner. With service that is unexcelled--friendly, attentive and precise--the food is almost a secondary aspect. On the other hand, the food is phenomenal, always prepared to please. And just a dollop of chocolate to finish. Perfect.Special Features:
- AWESOME down to the last detailCookingkatieVIPDined on 10/26/2014This place NEVER disappoints. We went there for our 1st year wedding anniversary. When we arrived they have little hearts on the table and were going to give us complimentary Champagne. Neither one of us drink so our outstanding waiter- Shannon - ran around and got us ginger ale instead (bonus point). Our food was absolutely exceptional. We both were looking forward to having the Oscar filet but didn't see it on the menu. Shannon told us that if that was what we wanted she could get it for us (second bonus). It was exceptional!! Then out of no where she shows up with this amazing platter of desserts - complimentary (third bonus) The people are great and the food even better. We always go to Capital Grille for all our special occasions!!!Special Features:
- MicheleDined on 10/26/2014Meticulous attention to detail and needs of diners. Special recognition of event made this birthday all the more special.Special Features:
- Best Steakhouse in DowntowncitygirlVIPDined on 10/24/2014Capital Grille never disappoints: wonderful steaks, great service and affordable wines. They even offer complimentary valet service after 5:00 pm.Special Features:
- good food GREAT SERVICElovegoodfoodDined on 10/24/2014This place is just wonderful. This wasn't our first time there and definitely wont be our last. We both started with wine which was great. Their wine list is on an ipad with descriptions of all the wines. We both had salads which were good the caesar salad had good cheese on it. For entree's we both had the filet mignon. Mine was cooked medium and her's was medium well. My steak was so tender I was able to cut it effortlessly with a butter knife, it was also extremely moist. My girlfriend's steak was a little more tough and a little more dry. With that being said I highly recommend a medium or medium rare steak. The meals accompaniments were good. The service was the best. This restaurant should train other restaurants on serviceSpecial Features:
- The Capital Grille ExperienceChaNikkiDined on 10/24/2014Love the complimentary valet! We decided to try the restaurant week menu, and the dried aged steak with mashed potatoe and green bean sides was delicious. The dessert was really good too, very good cheese cake with the creme brûlée-like hard topping. We also had the flourless chocolate cake too, which was very rich in flavor and the fruit toppings balanced it out nicely. The mojitos and the "Adult Arnold Palmer" cocktails were just ok. After a decent dinner, one of the waiters bagged our leftovers to go and also refilled our eaten mashed potatoes which was very nice of them. Had a pleasant dinner there, would have to go back and try their lunch menu next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerMSPDINERDined on 10/22/2014Food was fantastic as always and the service impeccable. Best in the twin cities!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Service!AngelicKittenDined on 10/22/2014This was our first experience at The Capital Grille and it was outstanding! We participated in Restaurant Week, but were also celebrating our one year anniversary. They made the evening so special for us. The free valet parking was a treat, along with the table decorations, champagne and they Happy Anniversary written in chocolate on our dessert plate. They go above and beyond for service. The food was delicious too! Great place to celebrate that special occasion.Special Features:
- Great place to dine in MPLS.tbeltyDined on 10/22/2014Everything from start to finish was amazing. Highly recommend the Kona blend on steaks. Our waiter Michael did a wonderful job. Very professional and welcoming. Thank you!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/22/2014We had never been to the Capital Grille before and were thoroughly impressed. We went during Mpls/St. Paul restaurant week and found their menu fantastic!!! My husband and I ordered different things and both loved our meals! We will definitely dine there again and will recommend it to others!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Sirlion steak offered for Restaurant Week lunch special (Oct 2014) was outstanding! The cheesecake was de-lish too!!! Wish the portions were bigger. Couldn't get enough! :DSpecial Features:
- Top Notch in Every WayLPigDined on 10/21/2014Only second time here. Steak and Salmon were fantastic. Service that exceeds any expectations. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Fantastic MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014The meal was delicious, steaks were cooked to perfection, mashed potatoes were amazing. I would highly recommend this place. Wine list on the iPad was also a very nice touchSpecial Features:
- Amazing steakAmazDined on 10/21/2014Restaurant week is such a steal of a deal for great food at an affordable price. Always our favorite and we keep going back. Get the Kona crusted filet mignon; no regrets and the cheesecake is awesome with fresh berries. The flour less chocolate cake is pretty much pure chocolate and one bite and your done.Special Features:
- Fabulous night at Capital GrilleBuckarooDined on 10/21/2014Went for Restaurant Week and it could not have been better! Food-outstanding, service-fabulous and ambience just perfect. Our steaks were so tender and flavorful and done perfectfully. It was a special evening with my parents who were celebrating their 64th anniversary-just perfect!Special Features: