The Capital Grille - Milwaukee
310 W. Wisconsin Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53203Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Milwaukee
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 4142230600x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Hans Cys
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Milwaukee
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Capital Grille - Milwaukee - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
The Capital Grille - Milwaukee reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (53)notable wine list (40)romantic (33)fit for foodies (26)good for groups (18)great for lunch (9)neighborhood gem (7)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Capital grilleBeaser26Dined on 10/10/2014The waitress was perfect blend of friendly and superb service. The food for both of us was outstanding. I had the filet and it was the best I've had in a very long time. It was a great dining experience. Thanks!Special Features:
- Delightful dinnermanhattanchickDined on 10/9/2014Can't say enough about Capital Grille! Wonderful wait staff and delicious food. Had bottle of wine made just for them and it went perfectly with the great steaks. Would return in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceJvSsDined on 9/28/2014We went here for dinner Sunday night it was great. I had to switch my reservation a few times because I was stuck in the salon. But it was easy to switch and I enjoyed every single bite of food was delicious. And our server Marcelo was awesome very informativeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakbpakeDined on 9/27/2014Had a late evening dinner with my son after a Brewers game. Restaurant nearly empty at 945pm on a Saturday. Food was delicious and prepared and service was outstanding- had a nice discussion with our waiter about the wine list with a good recommendation. Never hurried although we were about the last ones there. Valet parker waited around for us to leave even though he was obviously ready to go long before we were.I would recommend this to a friend.
- StumpsVIPDined on 9/27/2014Everything about this was amazing!!! I was cold so the gave me a shawl. It was just top notch. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- C. XiongXiongDined on 9/25/2014Service was wonderful. Foods were great. I would highly recommend this place although it is on the high side, it is great for special occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/14/2014We had an outstanding meal with excellent service and wine suggestion by the server.Special Features:
- Out with the wifeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Some people were loud but what can you do service was great food really good dessert and drinks A1.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/11/2014My husband and I once again had a wonderful time at the Capital Grille. The service is outstanding. They treated us like a king and queen for our anniversary. The food was also very tasty. They made our 38th anniversary a very memorable one. We will be returning to the Capital Grille.Special Features:
- Great celebration 30th anniversaryJetskiDined on 9/6/2014We had celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary. Best choice for special occasion. The restaurant had surprised us with a rose, glitter and a card at our table. Peter took great care of us. Thank you. We had the steak which was awesome!Special Features:
- Skip itdmillageDined on 9/6/2014Does not warrant the price tag. Side dishes are boring, the caramelized shallot "butter" was really a sauce that overwhelmed my steak. The crab and lobster cakes were delicious, but served with something that tasted like a runny tartar sauce. We will find somewhere else the next time we are in Mikwaukee.Special Features:
- The right place for a special eventNortonVIPDined on 8/27/2014We enjoyed our evening starting in the bar for drinks before dinner and ended it by sharing all the desert they had to offer. We had great service and the food was fantastic, maybe a little to much as we were very full when we left. A great place to celebrate a special event or to celebrate the latest promotion in the office.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperiencepickyeaterDined on 8/23/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our dinner experience at Capital Grille the other night. The waiter was extremely helpful with selecting our meals which ended up being great. The bartender who originally helped us was very attentive and walked us through the "Generous Pour" promotion, allowing us to sample the wines and then decide if we wanted more or something else.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceloveditDined on 8/14/2014This was an excellent place. The service was amazing - Sara did a great job. She did everything and more to make our anniversary dinner something special. The food was fantastic and the atmosphere was wonderful. This is certainly a place that I will recommend to others. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For Special OccasionsLike2EatOutDined on 8/6/2014Capital Grille is wonderful for special occasions. Compared to other steak houses with similar price lists the atmosphere is quiet and romantic. Also, the portions are very generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/28/2014I took a good friend to Capital Grille for her birthday. We were greeted warmly from the time we pulled up to the complimentary valet parking, to the front desk staff. Kimberlee was our server and took terrific care of us. We shared the prosciutto wrapped mozzarella appetizer...delicious! Our filets were prepared perfectly and were tender and flavorful. The sides were sautéed mushrooms which complimented our steaks so well and the potatoes au gratin. I did not mention to the staff that it was a birthday celebration, but Kimberlee noticed the card and small gift. We were delightfully surprised with an amazing cheesecake and flour less chocolate cake dessert delivered to our table with a Happy Birthday message. Simply as good as it gets!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the best !Monkey22Dined on 7/27/2014Have never been let down in any shape ! Have been to a lot of the "comps" but none have yet to hold a candle to capital grill. Make sure you go out during their generous pour ......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BendyVIPDined on 7/27/2014Very good steaks and accompaniments with very nice wine and service. Relaxed pace made it a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Wrong nightKristinDined on 7/27/2014We have been to Capitol Grille multiple times and enjoy it thoroughly. However Sunday was rough. There were several shows that evening, so the restaurant was packed for early service, and they clearly overbooked. The wait times for a server and food was much too long. We made it out on time for our show, however many were still waiting for dinner when we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodbirthdaygirlDined on 7/26/2014Was my friend's 1st time. She was very impressed. Our server was very attentive even with having another large table. Superb acknowLedgment of birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/25/2014Classy dining with exceptional food. My boyfriend enjoyed his steak. Service was top notch, attentive and yet gave us space to enjoy our dinner.Special Features:
- Fantastic as always!HNWBDined on 7/21/2014I've dined at the Capital Grille in Milwaukee several times and am never disappointed. The steak is always cooked perfectly as ordered and the lobster mac and cheese is a much for a side! The house pinapple infused vodka martini is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant, high end w/ huge wine listwhadyusayDined on 7/13/2014The food was carefully prepared using superior ingredients. Service was attentive without being intrusive. Our waiter was a little inexperienced, but his co-workers made up for that. I was very pleased that the restaurant was quiet enough and the acoustics were good enough that my three guests and I could enjoy our conversation. The menu is ala carte. We ordered mushrooms, asparagus and salads as well as a variety of steaks and seafood. Everything was amazing and delicious except the Ceasar salad was too heavy on parmesan slices. We all ordered desserts. All the portions were very large. I get the sense that the Capital Grille is geared toward 'Mad Men' type business men (in a positive sense, if that is possible.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday mealbkmadDined on 7/5/2014Enjoyed a nice evening with my wife celebrating my birthday. Had a wonderful experience due to great tasting food and a friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in townHsayaovongDined on 7/1/2014The price is a little high but you do get what you pay for, best steak that I've had in ages. If you love drinking whine, they have a very large selection to choose from. Would love to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/28/2014We had a lovely dinner and we appreciated the restaurant's accommodating our request for a quieter area so that we could talk. Scott our server was +++++. We will be back!
- Always ExcellentTryitDined on 6/27/2014As expected, it was an excellent meal with great service. The steak was well seasoned and cooked perfectly. The server was personable and attentive. Yes it is expensive but it is definitely worth it.Special Features:
- The following 697 reviews are from the The Capital Grille - Milwaukee reviews archive.
- Royal ServicePma0728Dined on 6/13/2014If you are looking for great food with exceptional service and an unbelievable wine list this is the place for you! Absolutely a wonderful dining experience! We will visit again.Special Features:
- Capital Grille 6/2014Amj1Dined on 6/12/2014Loved Capital Grille! We had been wanting to try this restaurant and thought Downtown Dining Week was the opportune time. Great variety of bread and rolls that came with salad, which was also excellent - the field greens vs the Caesar. Three of us had the filet and my husband had the salmon, all perfectly prepared and delicious. And can't forget to mention the amazing mashed potatoes which was one of our sides, our friend asked for a second dish! Service and our server was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but worth every pennyApeDogDined on 6/12/2014We went for a date night and ordered the dry aged sirloin steak and Filet Mignon. Our steaks were cooked to perfection! We enjoyed the side of mash potatoes, and green beans. The wait staff was very attentive, and were sure to clear plates and refill the water glasses promptly. Overall, great place for special occasion as it is on the pricey side but like I said worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed2bycmeDined on 6/12/2014Looked forward to dining at The Capitol Grille for a long time. Attended Downtown Dining for lunch. My salmon was somewhat dry and my husband has the dried beef which he felt was "pretty good". The clam chowder was delicious and the deserts were outstanding. I felt the three courses were rushed, however realize they want to get as many "in and out" as possible. We were not on a "lunch hour" so time was not a factor for us. The decor of the restaurant is great and the service was superb.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/11/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday here a few days ago. The restaurant surprised us with some nice birthday touches and you couldn't beat the delicious food. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Best overall experienceNancyDined on 6/11/2014We were overwhelmed with the wonderful experience we had at our new favorite dining spot. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown Dining TimeSnarfDined on 6/10/2014As it was downtown dining week, we'd booked ahead of time. They were very busy so there was some delay in getting our table. In addition, the first time they tried to seat us, the previous guests had not left. We ended up with a much nicer table. Service was attentive and unobtrusive. Food, especially the filot mignon, was excellent. Great wine selection as well. Overall, this is a gem of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five loved Capital Grille evening!JoyceMDined on 6/10/2014We truly enjoyed our experience for dinner. The five of us get together several times a year, and this was our most special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner, great deal!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/10/2014We ate during Downtown Dining Week, and we were served one of the best steak dinners I've had in ages. My filet was prepared perfectly, the mashed potatoes and beans were so flavorful. My Caesar salad had just the right amount of dressing and delicious cheese. The meal was topped off with a small, perfect flour less chocolate cake dessert. Our server Sophia was gracious, informative, and never rushed us, even though the restaurant was filled, with diners waiting. We had amazing wine. It was one of the best dining experiences I've had in ages. So, so good. Thanks to the chefs, the front desk staff, bartenders, and Sophia. Well be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great ServiceOuttoeatDined on 6/10/2014Cheryl was a great server! Food was great. Got the downtown dining deal. Terrific experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rojoDined on 6/10/2014This was our first visit to Capital Grille and it was a most enlightening experience. The staff was well trained and very professional. The steaks were scrumptious and very tender.We would be glad to come and celebrate special occasions here. It was a very enjoyable evening from the beginning to end.Special Features:
- Wonderful Food!kmacmilwDined on 6/9/2014Went for Milwaukee's Downtown Dining Week and it was an amazing choice! Started with the Caesar Salad which was delicious. The rolls and bread choices were also very good. I ordered the bone-in aged sirloin and I almost ate the entire thing it was so good. No salt, pepper, A1 sauce, ketchup, anything needed to be added to what they had prepared. I concluded with the cheesecake for dessert which was the perfect size. Loved that it had the caramelized sugar on top as well. Also enjoyed the Chalone 2012 Pinot Noir which was one of the best Pinot Noirs that I have ever tasted!Special Features:
- ExcellentTinaDined on 6/9/2014I have dined here several times and I always enjoy it. The quality of food is consistently very good. This time, my steak was a bit under cooked. I ordered it medium and it was definitely medium rare, but overall a great dining experience.Special Features: