The Capital Grille - Millenia, Orlando
4200 Conroy Rd.
Orlando, FL 32839Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Millenia, Orlando
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 4073512210x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner : Monday -Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Kevin Lee
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Millenia, Orlando
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles… awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located in the Millenia Mall.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Capital Grille - Millenia, Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since April 1 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (33)romantic (29)notable wine list (22)fit for foodies (20)great for lunch (15)good for groups (15)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (8)neighborhood gem (7)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- always exceptionalBevoDined on 7/19/2014From the moment you make the reservation. They are very professional. Service is outstanding. And the food is always exceptional. Favorite side dish lobster mac and cheese. Steaks are perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014I do recommend it, but it seems that nobody likes to have lunch in restaurants on sundaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimRDined on 7/12/2014The food & SVC ..Outstanding. Quite noisy, 3 parties of 8 in one area. Difficult to understand waiter, Joe Garcia. Service at bar was super thanks to John F Kennedy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationjdrcarVIPDined on 7/3/2014I took 2 of my office people for a birthday celebration at lunch. The rest. staff made sure the birthday person was especially well treated and looked after. It made for a very special day for the birthday girl. I will be back in 2 weeks to happily celebrate with another.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Request To Be in Back Dining AreaLuvYumsDined on 6/28/2014Had a reservation and it wasn't crowded but we were sat in the bar area which is where there are shoppers and strollers. Was not quiet or a very good mood. Table wasn't set and although main server was prompt his help was not.
- Service was amazing.DinneroutDined on 6/27/2014The food at Capital Grille was excellent but the service was amazing. While sirloin is not usually my favorite beef steak, I had to try the sirloin with a coffee rub. It was great. My wife had the tenderloin and it must have been good because she didn't offer me a sample. We received just the right amount of attention. Our server Sarah, seemed to magically appear just before we needed some attention yet was not hovering over us which I can find annoying. I highly recommend Capital Grill for a special occasion. I will ask for Sarah when I make future reservations at the Millenia Capital Grille.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Double anniversaryZiegsDined on 6/19/2014My wife and I, and our son and daughter-in-law, share the same anniversary date. We had a great dining experience at the Capital Grille, accompanied by our two teen-age grandsons. The seafood and steaks were well prepared, and the lobster mac & cheese was especially a hit with the boys. Our served took great care of us.Special Features:
- HappyDiner1HappyDiner1Dined on 6/19/2014Good food, good wine, good service - very enjoyable after shopping all morning.Special Features:
- Pearl1947VIPDined on 6/9/2014It was our second visit to Capital Grill. We had a fair experience last time and even though the menu changed the food is still average at best for lunch. I had the lobster and crab burger which tasted like an ordinary crab patty and my wife had the salad with sliced tenderloin which was rather bland. She had a coke ($4.00) and I had water. Our bill came to about $45. I'll pay that in a heartbeat for high quality, expertly prepared food but I think this was our last visit to Capital Grill.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!PickyEaterDined on 6/3/2014We had a wonderful graduation celebration at the Capital Grille. The service and food were over the top wonderful!!!Special Features:
- ExcellentTeriroseVIPDined on 5/23/2014Excellent food, service and wine. Jose was very attentive.Special Features:
- DeliciousFloridasonVIPDined on 5/16/2014Another amazing meal at this restaurant. They've started offering some wonderful specials to supplement the menu and they are really good! Our server, Franco, did an amazing job of being attentive but allowing us time to enjoy our meal without being rushed. My only complaint is that corporate took off the Beef Carpaccio - bring it back, soon, please! I really think this is better than the one on I-Drive. That location is always so busy and it's filled with tourists. The staff on I-Drive seem to just go through the motions as they know they won't see most guests again. I really feel like the Millenia location goes above and beyond in regards to service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedUnderwhelmedDined on 5/11/2014Had 3:15pm res for brunch, but brunch stopped at 3pm. Don't believe open table stated that on line. Went for my wife's birthday and Mother's Day with our 3 kids. Server was noticeable put off, by what I think was our kids. He didn't take their drink order and had to ask what was in the kids menu. My wife's first comment was "what's his problem". Not what I wanted to hear from my wife about my choice for her special occasion, not a $200 first impression. Table was freezing, right below the AC duct. No brunch and put off server set the tone for entire experience, food was good but didn't save the experience. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014One dish my mom ordered was Hash. Has is not cubed. My suggestion is when a Chef changes the "design" of food that they alert those that are about to order it. It was expensive for the food being wrong but it was Mother's Day and you do not want to make a scene so you pay the bill and tip.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected MoreFUHBHDined on 5/10/2014Have had better experiences at Capital Grille. Had to ask for refills - asked for the steak medium and towards the bone it was rare.Special Features:
- A piece of heavenJboldDined on 5/10/2014We really enjoyed our quiet romantic evening at Capital Grille.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All but the salad....OrlandoDiningGirlDined on 5/7/2014Our regular visit to Capital Grille proved worth the trip! No JFK or Petra, 2 transformative servers for a birthday celebration. We were served by Alessandro, who was delightful! The servers at CG @ Millenia that are good, are the best, with expert knowledge of the wine/drink list, which is cleverly on an IPad for your perusing pleasure. They also offer warm professionalism combined with authentic service. The seafood platter was perfect, as was everything else but the caesar salads: they were dry, flavorless. Gorgeous roses for the birthday girl, confetti, & a special dessert on the house. It was perfectly executed, and made the experience even more special. We love our CG! The bread/custom drinks/desserts/service-perfect.Special Features:
- Bone In Filet!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/3/2014This is my favorite restaurant and now they have the bone in filet as a regular item on the menu. What more could I ask for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobertVIPDined on 5/1/2014Surprisingly poor parking, this is a real problem that detracts from the overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- usual fare + delightful serviceOrlandoDiningGirlDined on 5/1/2014Our go to server was off, and we decided to go for dinner last minute. What a delight we got with Petra as our server. She was knowledgable, and had a cool, engaging professional demeanor. Another fabulous dinner at CG. The Chilean Sea Bass was superb, as were the sides & dessert..but for the au gratin potatoes, which were too laden with other ingredients resulting in a soupy/salty/frozen casserole flavor. The asparagus, as usual, was divine.Special Features:
- Not like I remember.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/26/2014This is the second time we ate at this location. I was VERY disappointed in the food. My salad was not fresh and had started to brown and it looked like whatever they had in the kitchen was tossed in the salad. The filet mignon that I purchase at Costco would put theirs to shame. But, I can't complain about dessert. I had to take home my coconut cream pie which was delicious. I don't know if their other location is the same but I don't think I'll be trying it out anyway. We were only a party of two and our tab was close to $200.00, definitely not worth the money.
- Class ActFloridasonVIPDined on 4/25/2014This location at Mall at Millenia is wonderful. Smaller and more intimate than I-Drive. The staff all work together to make it a wonderful and memorable experience each time. Great food choices and usually some specials. Their "Appetizers" are really seafood intensive though, only 2 non-seafood items. The sides and dessert are amazing. If you can, ask for Franco or Kaitlin, two of the best servers there. They truly make you feel like the only guest in the restaurant. The Delmonico is amazing if you want beef and the vegetable salad is really tasty. I also appreciate that they have black napkins which you would think would be a standard these days but they do a really nice job of taking care of guests. Enjoy a nice meal here, SOON.Special Features:
- redemptionOrlandoDiningGirlDined on 4/24/2014We frequent this Capital Grille. The last time we were here, our waiter was condescending and rude to the women in the party. While we chalked it up to his personal style, everyone in the party had a negative opinion of our lovely Capital Grille when we left. The other night, we decided to return for a last minute dinner. We were seated, and realized the same guy was our server. I discreetly requested anyone else, and we had the most delightful experience. Our server was a trainer. His name was John, and he made our night! The food was, as usual, perfectly prepared. The shrimp & oyster appetizers were a foodie's dream. The steak cooked to perfection, and the veggies addicting! Dessert, wine, & drinks resulted in audible moans!! Redeemed!Special Features:
- This was my first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/14/2014This was my first visit to Capital Grille and everything was amazing except for the chicken confit dish. It was unfortunately overcooked and very dry. After bringing it to the attention of our server, we were promptly given a new dish and a freshly prepared side. It's always good to see how well a restaurant handles the situation when a mistake is made, and my girlfriend and I were very impressed.Special Features:
- Capital Grille at MilleniaOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/9/2014This location lends itself perfectly well when one desires less noise level, more ambiance, less human traffic and albeit because its not so close to Disney or the attractions you are probably will see better dressed people for fine dining. Contrary to the sister location by the convention center you could be there with a date wearing a long gown and some fellow walks by with flip-flops, shorts and a T shirt. The menu is practically the same, the wine selection a bit more limited but still ample. The attention to detail and their effort to fill every request makes this venue quite special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so good this time...OrlandoDiningGirlDined on 4/5/2014We dine at Capital Grille about once a month or so. The time before this, we had the most impeccable service & everything was beyond perfect! The Executive Chef even made rounds and served some dishes. This time the service was mediocre at best with an obnoxious server who was late with food, argued about what to order, and our lovely dining memory from last month dissipated quickly. The food was delicousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but expensive!NormalGuyDined on 4/4/2014Great but expensive! Beef tenderloin wasn't spectacular maybe a little overlooked. Lobster was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointment...FoodieNVDined on 4/3/2014For a great meal and excellent service, it's never a disappointment to dine at the Capital Grille at Millenia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 176 reviews are from the The Capital Grille - Millenia, Orlando reviews archive.
- 10 Year AnniversaryChrisGHDined on 3/29/2014Great dinner, amazing food and service. They even decorated our table with some 'anniversary' confetti (not too much), a congrats card signed by the staff and treated us to a chef's dessert and aperitif.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over Priced no value!PeterVIPDined on 3/26/2014I chose Capital Grill to entertain clients for a special lunch. Asked for real hot fries and they came out cool and my crab cake ( glorified with a little lobster looked like nothing on a bun) A shrimp salad very small with 4 med sized shrimp sliced in half to appear like more. One Sea Bass extremely small portion, but cost $30.00. For a restaurant that charges more should offer more and be special. Capital Grill advertises and looks like restaurant that you would expect a memorable experience and the willing to pay the extra price to eat there. They create an image of excellence and deliver a mediocre below value experience. There are other Restaurants that are much much Better!
- nice and convenientncqcrDined on 3/15/2014Restaurant´s location is very convenient, a good meeting point. Food is good, great for meat lovers.Service was excellent and friendly. Extensive wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service is great,food is delicious!RachelDined on 3/13/2014went there for.celebrate my sis* birthday. The staff there was so nice,server is great! The food we order is a.little.bit overcook,but after we tell.the server. He change it.for.us.. Overall, we had a good dining exp there,def.will.go.back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014We were celebrating a birthday and the staff at Capital Grille went above and beyond making it a happy evening. They greeted us with Birthday wishes and had surprises for us throughout the evening to make us feel special. Will definitely return for next big occasion. Also, our waiter was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food & serviceFloridasonVIPDined on 2/15/2014I like this location much better than I-Drive. It's a bit cozier and the staff seem more attentive. The Millenia location is consistently wonderful. And I really like that all of the staff kind of watch each other's tables or at least say hello. The food? What can I say, it is Capital Grille. Always very fresh and hot. I wish they had a bit more non-seafood appetizers but I understand the popularity, I'm just alergic. What is a tragedy though is they removed Carpaccio from the menu. That is a basic and it was amazing so I tell the server and managers each timeI dine there. They say they pass it on to corporate but who knows if they listen. If you go for lunch, try the tator tots with cheese - yummmmmm!Special Features:
- Stuffed lobsterslssDined on 2/15/2014The stuff lobster was high recommended to me but I found it to be very mediocre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grille to the rescueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014After numerous failed attempts to secure a reservation for Valentine's Day I tried the Capital Grille and found success. I remembered the Capital Grille from an event this past fall and thought it might meet our expectations for a great night out. We were able to receive an 8:15pm reservation and had a wonderful time. The service was top notch, food was outstanding (salmon for her, 8 oz. filet for me) and the presentation perfect. Thank you Capital Grille for saving my Valentine Day evening!Special Features:
- Poor quality steaksKathVIPDined on 2/11/2014The atmosphere was great, unfortunately the food was not.
- Great Steak!G2GoDined on 2/8/2014This restaurant has become one of my favorites. The food and service is always top notch and love their steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My New Fave RestaurantLyndaVIPDined on 2/7/2014Expect the most professional service you can imagine. JR was patient and informed. We had a wonderful, leisurely lunch for 6 of us. While the bill can be a little pricey, it's worth the splurge. Almost everyone had some form of lobster. All were pleased with their choices. Portions were very generous. The coconut pie was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mealRegulargstVIPDined on 2/1/2014Good meal and service. Seating location poor ( small room w/4 tables off the main dining room) given that I spent $350 for 2 adults and 2 tweens.....I probably should have refused it when the hostess sat us.Special Features: