The Capital Grille - Miami
444 Brickell Avenue
Miami, FL 33131Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Miami
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 3053744500x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Carlos Castaneda
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Miami
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located in Downtown Miami near the Convention Center.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Capital Grille - Miami - Best Restaurants in Miami ›
The Capital Grille - Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
188 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (146)notable wine list (125)romantic (104)good for groups (78)fit for foodies (63)neighborhood gem (46)great for lunch (37)vibrant bar scene (37)hot spot (35)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (13)scenic view (6)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- DecliningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014Have eaten here for many years and always enjoyed, but this time service poor and a less than mediocre steak which I would have sent back if our server had ever come back to our table. Then long wait for check. Too expensive for such an experience.
- Feedmemoreluv2eatDined on 8/29/2014The 14 oz bone in aged sirloin was terrific even well done which rare because most restaurants will either dry it out from over cooking and the cheesecake desert is a star all on its own and I'm not a cheesecake fan but it's a must trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StulawyerDined on 8/29/2014Had bad experience about a year ago. Stayed away for awhile. This time food and service were excellent. Will surely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014First time I write a review of any type...We went to celebrate our anniversary and decided to go with the Miami Spice menu based on previous reviews and just like mentioned by others, it was a great choice! Everything was delicious, from the Caesar salad to the steak and dessert...and the wine! Service was great and the special touch to have our table ready with hearts and a "happy anniversary" card, was the cocino on the cake. Definitely will be back to this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous dinner, food servicemiamiblondeVIPDined on 8/29/2014we go to the capital grill all the time. now with miami spice we have gone even more times. service is always outstanding. food is amazing. miami spice here is so good that we actually do not want to go to other places and feel that we got jipped with our meal. hopefully will go there more times until is over and of course after the miami spice for sure. i just love their bread basket. the salmon is divine and the desserts are so delicious with a generous portion. we live so happy with our tummies full. cannot wait to come back.Special Features:
- Always a great time!FoodWhispererDined on 8/23/2014Had Miami Spice menu with "The Generous Pour"/ Doesn't get any better than that! Our favorite place to celebrate special occasions in our life!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/22/2014Other than the wait time, we arrived 30 mins earlier than our reservation, Hostess did advise we would be seated closer to reservation time. The food was excellent. Our server, Oliver, was very attentive & courteous. We choose from the Miami Spice menu, but we also ordered appeitzer. Prosciutto Wrapped Mozzarella with Vine Ripe Tomatoes. It was amazing. I had the green salad, PARMESAN & HERB MARINATED TOURNEDOS accompaniment: sam's mashed potatoes & FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO CAKE for dessert. My Manfriend had BONE-IN DRY AGED SIRLOIN STEAK 14OZ with sam's mashed potatoes & french green beans with shallots and heirloom tomatoes. for dessert he had CHEESECAKE WITH FRESH SEASONAL BERRIES. Food was delish. We will be back soonSpecial Features:
- joegDined on 8/22/2014Great place for lunch or dinner. The servers are very knowledgeable and the sommelier is excellent. The wine list is exceptional as is the food. I highly recommend the lobster/crab cakes and the bone-in sirloin au-poivre style. The Italian cheesecake is the best cheesecake I've ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recent Miami Spice DinneririnaDined on 8/22/2014Our service person was Nicole. She was perfect. Remembered us from prior visit and remembered the wine we chose. Filet was 8 oz and tender. Salad was huge and dessert was too much to finish. Lovely service. Great room. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMerciDined on 8/22/2014Loved the place. Everyone made me feel special. The food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went for the Miami SpicePattyRDined on 8/20/2014The steak and cheesecake was incredible Found the dining atmosphere very relaxingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceGG23Dined on 8/20/2014We went for a birthday celebration. The food was great and the server was excellent. We got the generous pour wine sampler and it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinner!EddtwoVIPDined on 8/20/2014I went to have the Miami Spice menu for dinner, it was absolutely perfect. The first course was a delicious Cesar salad, then a Sirloin 14oz with mashed potatoes and green beans, perfectly cooked and yumi! And the dessert, a cheesecake was the perfect end for a great dinner. The place is nice and the service more than great. Definitely I recommend this place, AMAZING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceSouthflorida2Dined on 8/16/2014Great place for a romantic dinner. The service is outstanding. We will definitely visit the restaurant again.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceMMS4MiamiDined on 8/16/2014We had a wonderful meal with great service. ExcellentSpecial Features:
- Awesome!Love2eatDined on 8/16/2014We had an amazing time. Everything from The service to the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grille - BrickellAdelphiDined on 8/15/2014This was our first visit to Capital Grille. I can sum it up in one word ... Extraordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We did the Spice menu.... thought we would get a lesser quality of food, but it was 100% wonderful! Our ceaser salads were large and very fresh. The filet mignon was prepared to perfection, and it wasn't small. The sides of mash potatoes and green beans were delicious. We had ordered to share a large lobster bisque soup, and it was ok, not great... shouldn't have ordered it. Our service was wonderful ...and the cheese cake dessert was to die for!!!!!!!we ordered a bottle of wine, which didn't break the bank and was good and chilled. I definitely recommend this restaurant and plan to be back! Give the garage parking ticket to the Hostess, and they will validate it.Special Features:
- Excellant From Start to FinishEly5431Dined on 8/14/2014Went to celebrate my friend's birthday and decided to do the Miami Spice here, we were a group of four. To our surprise they had a birthday card for my friend and confetti on the table, nice touch. The food was absolutely AMAZING, best I've had in a long. long time. Excellant service and the portions were large, not small liked you'd expect from other restuarants. We had the bone-in filet (tender, juicy) and chicken (my friend stated how much she loved it). Mashed potatoes were the best, couldn't get enough. For dessert, we ordered the espresso chocolate mousse (good but a bit rich for my taste) and the cheesecake was absolutely heavenly, best we've ever had, not dense, was creamy and smooth. HIGHLY recommend this place for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DixmeisterVIPDined on 8/12/2014Best Miami Spice menu in town. Food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just awesomeray007Dined on 8/11/2014The food was amazing. The service was fantastic. Capital Grille is now on my favorite restaurant list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so far best restaurant in MiamisleepeckDined on 8/11/2014we had party of 5 people and every one was very please with food, service and presentation can recommended to my friendsSpecial Features:
- Amazing overallLove2dineDined on 8/9/2014It's was incredible the steak was amazing . The service was also over the topSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LilzDined on 8/9/2014Best food I've had in Miami! The Mac and cheese is to die for! The service was great, very classy. I would definitely go again. Worth the priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST Miami Spice Deal in TownSdineDined on 8/9/2014Capital Grille is the Capital Grille it is always good. But for Miami Spice it is the best deal in town. The price for the spice is the price for one of the steaks alone, add in a starter, great sides and two awesome desserts. Just go. Great place, great service, great value for Miami spice and awesome food.Special Features:
- Another perfect eveningSteveDined on 8/9/2014This time we went for the Miami Spice Menu and the Generous Pour...definitely a great deal. Even though it was a deal, the service earns its usual high marks and the food was terrific. There are so many great places in Miami for foodies, but this one still has its special place.Special Features:
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Went for our 25th anniversary and they decorated the table with little foil hearts and had a card signed by all. We love our steak and this by far was THE best steak we've ever had. I had read the reviews on line and there wasn't a single bad one so decided to go with this place. Not disappointed in the least. It's a 10 10 10!! Highly recommended. The waiter could have come around a little more often. Never came by to see if we wanted another drink and asked if we wanted coffee after we were done with dessert. Even so, the food outweighed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary date.KateDined on 8/9/2014We both took advantage of the Miami Spice menu which was an awesome deal. Lots of food and delicious. Fantastic service and they left cute little decorations on out table for our anniversary!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bone in rib eye. wowwwwfoodieDined on 8/8/2014Only 3 words, everything was perfect! Went for Miami Spice and they lived up to my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect date night - againFreditor305Dined on 8/8/2014For the second straight year we went to Capital Grille in Miami for a rare date night with close friends to celebrate a birthday and once again CG hit a home run. From the ambiance to the service ro the Generous Pour wine promo to thw amazing food (Porcini rub never fails) Capital Grille was perfect. We never felt rushed to leave and had a wonderful time. Hopefully we don't have to wait another year to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elimarVIPDined on 8/8/2014Capitol Grill is one of my favorite go to restaurants. It never disappoints me. The food is always delicious and the service outstanding!!! Our waiter Gus was very knowledgeable about the menu and the wines. He never hovered but was always at our table when we seemed to need something. We ordered from the Miami Spice menu and unlike many restaurants the portions were the same as on the regular menu. Kudos.!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOutrageousVIPDined on 8/6/2014I've been there many times, they are very consistent. Food is always incredible, great service. My favorite by far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS, ALWAYS THE BESTPetiteoneDined on 8/6/2014I have been to Capital Grille many times and am never disappointed. This time went for Miami Spice, great service, great food, great wine and the clam chowder, salmon and dessert which was truly decadent and.................delish did not disappoint. Of course, I will be back, I always come back to Capital Grille.Special Features:
- Great FoodEnjoylifeDined on 8/4/2014Great food for any ocasion, large portiones excelent quality. Good ratio food,quality and price. Best miami spice menu ever. Great cheese cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in town!MiamiFoodieDined on 8/4/2014Best deal around for Miami Spice! Excellent Service, and the best quality steak in Miami. A MUST GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never missThornDined on 8/3/2014It does not matter the date, time or occasion this place is incredibleSpecial Features:
- Old School GemfinickyfoodieVIPDined on 8/3/2014I hadn't seen to Capitol Grille in years but hubby hadn't been and it was participating in Miami Spice so we gave it a go. So glad we did! Very friendly staff, excellent service, dinner was fantastic and ambience was sublime. Filet was cooked to perfection, the salad components were fresh and tasty with an understated yet robust dressing. Desserts were rich and compact. Restaurant was full at 7:00 pm with families and big groups celebrating birthdays, anniversaries, etc. But it was unobtrusive. Wonderful dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Miami Spice menuBlinggalVIPDined on 8/3/2014Great filet and Caesar salad!! Malbec by the glass was great for $12!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!paulie590Dined on 8/2/2014My wife and I went here for a nice dinner while we were in town for a job interview. Their steaks were perfectly cooked, the appetizers were MOST excellent, they had a great wine menu, and the service was professional and excellent. Finally, their cheesecake was to die for! Highly recommended!Special Features:
- GREAT PLACE TO DINE!!DrewDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I celebrated our 41st wedding annyversay at the Capital Grill this year. we have gone to numerous places during our marriage and I can assure you all that this is one of the best of South Florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.