The Capital Grille - Miami
444 Brickell Avenue
Miami, FL 33131Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Miami
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 3053744500x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Carlos Castaneda
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Miami
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located in Downtown Miami near the Convention Center.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Capital Grille - Miami - Best Restaurants in Miami ›
The Capital Grille - Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
247 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (191)notable wine list (148)romantic (137)good for groups (97)fit for foodies (95)neighborhood gem (48)hot spot (48)vibrant bar scene (46)great for lunch (37)late-night find (21)kid-friendly (15)great for brunch (7)great for outdoor dining (7)scenic view (4)Show More
- Always great...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014It is always a great experience for us, that whenever we go it is always same excellent service, quality of the food and good vibes...Special Features:
- CGJPDineVIPDined on 9/30/2014As always food and service excellent. We used our American Express $ 50 discount.Special Features:
- nice place so so foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/29/2014My wife and I went to The Capital Grille for Miami Spice and our experience was just ok. The service was refined however, the food was lacking. The best part of our meal were the cesar salad, clam chowder and the cheesecake. My wife asked for a med well filet and got a burnt hockey puck; my bone-in sirloin was underwhelming to say the least, I've had better steaks at longhorn. Over all this is a great location with very good service but poor food. We won't be going back.
- Awesome night.AngelDined on 9/27/2014This is my 3rd time at the Capital Grill. Every time has been GREAT!! The good was delicious. We went for the Miami Spice deal. The choices were great. I had the 18 ounce bone in sirloin. Amazing!! The cheesecake dessert is the best I've ever had. I would recommend this restaurant to all my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BYOWcritDined on 9/27/2014This has been a GREAT restaurant for as long as I can remember, celebrated many-many special occasions. One complaint...Their corking fee. They allow you only two bottles per table and charge $25.00 per bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place!ThankyouLauraDined on 9/26/2014Love the fact that someone recommended as a thank you gift n we enjoyed the meal to the max!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/26/2014We had heard amazing things about this place so we decided to try it out and soon after we got there we regretted ever single second of that decision. The place was packed, people just standing around the front blocking the hostess so we couldn't get in - not really any where else to go wait to be called. The service was terrible, our waiter was nice, but the service or lack thereof was NOT - hubby asked for a sprite no one brought it out for over an hour. It was our first time there and no one bothered to give us a rundown of the menu, when our food arrived we didn't have steak knives so we had to cut our food with butter knives *not easy* - the side order we got was so small my husband didn't eat any - he only ate his steak w/ shrimp. :(
- Excellent in every way!abi19Dined on 9/26/2014I decided to take my husband to Capital Grille as I had been to the one in Stamford, CT and loved it. Our waiter Janos was very friendly and just the right mix of attentive and not overbearing. He helped us choose a great bottle of Moscato to go with our meal. The plus for me was the Miami Spice deal that made dinner an amazing deal. Would highly recommend and I look forward to going back and trying other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, but prefer the one in Ft LaudCastleNMBVIPDined on 9/24/2014Nice place, but we prefer the one in Ft Lauderdale. Won't go back to this location.Special Features:
- Great experiencesmily129Dined on 9/24/2014They made our anniversary meal very special. The waiter was knowledgeable and the food was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never FailsLifeizGoodDined on 9/23/2014Always impressed with The Capital Grille!! I have been to different Capital Grille's across the US and am alway impressed. Good Job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine local , Attention service.Wilzip1810Dined on 9/22/2014The Capital Grille, have excellent localization, very good food, and prime service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love itHellenhitaDined on 9/20/2014The restaurant is Perfect for anything. Inlove to br there with my husband and daughter. The food was deliciously the wine list is perfect and we drunk a great marthini first. I will like to comeback soonerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceJFTLDined on 9/20/2014Simply one place where you know you will eat well in a nice environment and good location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BEST STEAK EVER!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014I've always been a fan of Ruth Chris, but after dining at The Capital Grille it surpass all expectations of a steak restaurant. I live in Ft. Lauderdale after moving from Atlanta which has very nice restaurants, but The Capital Grille was the best. I do love the Miami Spice deal which was a great opportunity to bring the locals in to experience dining at a affortable price. KUDOS to THE GRILLESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerLovepeace4lifeDined on 9/20/2014We went to The Capital Grille to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The food and service was excellent. Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014Took my son here for 16th birthday. He loves great meals. By far one of his all time favorites. Great place, great food and great service. I would go back in a heartbeat. We really appreciated everything staff did, especially Maria. Very classy place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverallMandyDined on 9/17/2014Everything about this restaurant was excellent. There is one located in my home town, I will be visiting it. I hope I receive the same kind of service that I received in Miami.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/16/2014Being a regular at The Capital Grille, this location disappointed me a lot in my last visit. They fail to enforce a dress code, i was celebrating a special occasion with the family and there was someone wearing shorts and a work out t-shirt in the table next to us. While being at the restaurant two other tables had people wearing baseball jerseys, shorts and sandals. This might be Miami, but i expect a dress code to the level of formality The Capital Grille should be, more so for dinner. Unlikely to return to this location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great ServiceFoodGuy27Dined on 9/15/2014Went to Capital Grille for special occasion. Food was phenomenal. Service was phenomenal. Told them we had a birthday and they had a birthday card and decorations set up at the table without us asking. Great spot for a special occasion and if you feel that service and food quality should be part of your dining experience.Special Features:
- FABULOUS FOODOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/14/2014Everything we ate was absolutely amazing. We would definitely be returning to celebrate other birthday there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service tasteless mealrobthefoodieDined on 9/13/2014We went this past Saturday in a group of 6 and I sample the Miami spice menu. I had the filet mignon with mashed potatoes and green string beans. Come tell bland and tasteless. The strawberry cheesecake wad the only bright spot. The service however was top notch and flawless.Special Features:
- Great dining experience!Luv2eatDined on 9/13/2014Excellent food with excellent friendly service, what else can you ask for. Thoroughly enjoyed my evening. Returning for another occasion, made reservations befor I left the restaurant. That good!!! Best steaks in town and great Caeser salad!!!Special Features:
- good for meeting friendsVickiDined on 9/13/2014Food was good, served at correct temperature and with a smile. All food was served and the same time and removed at the same time. Coffee was hot, steak was perfect temperature. fish was excellent. clam chowder was not hot enough but everything else was good.Special Features:
- Management Needs HelpOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The sign of any successful sustainable business is to recognize your long term loyal clients and not lose your way during temporary busy times that are generated by special short term events. Sadly, this is the case for this local culinary gem. Our server as always was outstanding, the food was great but getting a reservation and getting through the front desk is at best a challenge.
- Great Night at The Capital GrilleGaryPDined on 9/13/2014Another Great night at The Capital Grille. They always add that Special Touch when it comes to Special Occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarelDined on 9/13/2014The ambiance an food was amazing. The service was incredible and the food was spectacular. It really was a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!LuvfoodDined on 9/12/2014Filet mignon was cooked to perfection! The overall dining experience was phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Server was AWESOME!carr0123Dined on 9/10/2014I love Capital Grill and my dinner again didn't disappoint. You know you are always going to have a very good dinner. I want to point out we had an awesome waiter named Andrew who just couldn't be any better. He made our dinner even better!Special Features:
- Great for Miami SpiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/9/2014This is probably the best deal for Miami Spice. The menu offered 3 courses; each course was full-size, whereas normally dishes are smaller portion for Miami Spice. The caesar salad was enough for two to share, and the Sirloin steak was definitely larger than 14oz. Each entree comes with a side of mashed potatoes and green beans. The desserts, both the cheesecake and chocolate cake, were rich and delicious-- a perfect way to end the meal. The wine selection was top notch, and portrayed using an iPad, which features allowed me to sort by the type of wine I was searching for quite easily. Our waiter was attentive and informative. The ambiance was relaxed and met my expectations of a top-notch steakhouse. I would certainly dine here again!Special Features:
- OUTSTANDINGOUTSTANDINGDined on 9/7/2014This is only thing that I need to say OUTSTANDING. Food, service, everything is outstanding.
- Spectacular Miami SpiceEatLovePrayDined on 9/7/2014From the drinks at the bar to the main course and dessert one word describes this experience ..... spectacular! This was a girls night on the town and we decided to go to Capital Grille for the Miami Spice. Even though we ordered from the miami spice menu we ended up ordering some side dishes from the regular menu as well. Some recommendations for this restaurant are the filet mignon with jumbo shrimp, lobster mac and cheese ( a must-have), and the cheesecake ( another must-have). Overall, you really can't go wrong with having this for a dinner option. All the food was cooked to perfection and the service was outstanding. Sorry I didn't take pictures but the food was so good I couldn't resist from inhaling it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Deal for Miami SpiceSteveVIPDined on 9/6/2014The Miami Spice menu offers a great deal for diners; the $39 (+tax/tip) fixed price for 3 courses is less than what just the entree would cost on the regular menu, and the portions are the same. I also like the fact that they provide free (+tip) valet parking right in the building. The elegant clubroom decor and attentive service are also noteworthy.Special Features:
- It has it all!susanneumanDined on 9/6/2014Everything was outstanding. Our guests were impressed...and they don't impress easily!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VickiDined on 9/5/2014food was cooked perfectly and served at the correct temperature. The only problem was that the ordres were delivered to the incorrect poeple at our table. all steak orders had to be moved around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the besttjelkeDined on 9/4/2014Consistently the best steak in Miami. Service is impeccable, food is always cooked exactly how you want it. A staple in Miami for years and years.Special Features:
- The Best Chop House in MiamiTitiDined on 9/3/2014Incredible. Fantastic entrees, sides, & wine with SPECTACULAR service. They make a great drink too.Special Features:
- ArleneArleneDined on 9/2/2014Always fantastic food. This time the chef Steven came over to our table to check on our food choices.... Unbelievable professionalism and customer service!! Will definately come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, butIda1Dined on 9/1/2014Nice ambiance and food is good, however, one of the filet mignons we ordered came more rare than medium, when the other was cooked to perfection, as requested (medium). We pointed it out, and the waiter and manager tried to make it right, but we did not want to wait and send plate back. The cheesecake was well worth it and made me forgive them for the error made on the filet and I have to say the bill was adjusted, and that was a very nice gesture by the management. Will definitely go back and try it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love it!LuluVIPDined on 9/1/2014Great food & relaxed atmosphere. The Miami Spice menu was great, one of the best by far. Our waitress Nichole was also great, all in all had a great experience here!Special Features: