The Capital Grille - Miami
444 Brickell Avenue
Miami, FL 33131Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Miami
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (305) 374-4500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Carlos Castaneda
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Miami
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located in Downtown Miami near the Convention Center.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Capital Grille - Miami - Best Restaurants in Miami ›
The Capital Grille - Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
258 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (199)notable wine list (153)romantic (138)good for groups (109)fit for foodies (97)hot spot (48)neighborhood gem (47)vibrant bar scene (37)great for lunch (34)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (13)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (4)Show More
- Food was Good, not GreatalexDined on 11/22/2014In the past i loved going to Capital Grill for their famous Wedge Salad and Delicious steak. In this occurance, the steak was great but the potato side was cold. I did not receive a replacement one until after i finished my steak. The managment staff was great in taking the side off the bill and offering us a complimentary dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/21/2014Great steaks and consistent food. For restaurants today,especially a steak house you can hear yourself talk and for me a huge plusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter MIA- Missing in actionEmbarrassed123Dined on 11/16/2014I was hosting a small birthday celebration & in advance delivered a birthday cake . I was also advised there would be a complimentary dessert for the celebrant & asked to be sure to present the bill to ME . The waiter was very attentive for starters . He presented the cake to the celebrant & from that point , it was downhill. Three cake slices were served but we didn't start eating , as the honoree had NO cake ---until after quite a delay--trying to catch someone's eye . NO complimentary dessert was offered & another server brought the bill to another guest --NOT to me.. Luckily , we were all good sports, but because of inferior service for a foursome , I was embarrassed .
- Friends reunionceciliavDined on 11/14/2014We had a great time with a group of friends from out of town...Excellent service, very patient and helpful all the time. Great food, a little overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JCLADined on 11/14/2014This place is still a gem! I had not been here in 3 years and to my surprise the experience was exceptional. The food , service wine list etc was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant..ServiceVIPDined on 11/11/2014Capital Grille is one of my favorite place to have lunch or dinner, the food is always great, the service is exceptional! It is a wonderful place!,,Special Features:
- adanVIPDined on 11/8/2014This steakhouse is doing many things right in a time that to succeed a restaurant oftentimes has to reinvent itself. This place does it without losing its identity and old school charm. Had the Delmonico with the soicy calamari to start (both excellent). The staff is always very helpful and in great spirit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty close to perfectionBigPaPaVIPDined on 10/27/2014The food was great, the setting wonderful. It's hard to find anything wrong but if I had to pick one thing it is that at times the waiters were not as readily available as we'd like. That is nit picking a bit, since I really have no complaints.Special Features:
- ConsistencyCariocaDined on 10/27/2014You can always expect a fantastic steak and special service. They have a very good wine list but prices are quite expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grille is always a hit!!tonyzDined on 10/25/2014Everytime I visit this restaurant the food is always on point. The steak is always cooked to perfection. The truffle fries are awesome. The service is superb. We had just sat down when the bus boy came ovrr with the water and bread basket. Our waiteess Nicole was very attentive. I will highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys good food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More expensive than EVERTBMOREDined on 10/23/2014Still a staple of classic steak houses. Prices have gone off the charts. No more Keylime Pie at dinner :-((Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KAS1VIPDined on 10/21/2014Always a terrific place for a business meeting. Food and service top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!crazyDined on 10/18/2014Amazing food, amazing service, AMAZING restaurant! Definitely will be back very soon! Highly recommended!Special Features:
- The GrillePriscillaDined on 10/17/2014We had another lovely business lunch. The food was excellent.Special Features:
- great placeKfamily4VIPDined on 10/16/2014no issues ...always on point with service and foodSpecial Features:
- excellent meatchechitarDined on 10/15/2014I enjoyed very much the meat with lobster. price is reasonable and the place atmosphere is quite charming. also you can take wine by cups which makes your choice easierSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grille Never FailsGmanVIPDined on 10/14/2014Business dinner in Miami. I have dined in most of CG's locations nationwide many times. As alwyays My seat was facing an outdoor window and there was an outdoor light shining through the window, through the blinds, right in my face. It was very distracting. The manager came over and tried to adjust the blinds, did not work. Offered to move us to another table. We were already into our salads. Voila! The manager found a way to turn the outdoor light fixture off!! That is service. Food was outstanding as always. Martinis shaken perfectly, steaks were beautifully prepared, waiter was there when needed and more. Just love Capital Grille for all those reasons. My favorite go to steak restaurant in the US, bar none!! Keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014We hadn't been there in years, wow is all I can say. Our server was a pro, and the food outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeLuxDiningVIPDined on 10/9/2014Always the perfect place to dine out wether it's for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- DeliciousCutiepieDined on 10/7/2014We brought our friends from Spain for dinner. Being from New England I ordered a 3lb steamed NE lobster and had it spilt in half to share. It was delicious and perfectly prepared. My friend from Valencia known for their seafood really enjoyed the lobster. My husband enjoyed his filet and our other friend enjoyed salmon. We had wonderful service and left satisfied and very happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steakhouse in MiamiBryanWisoDined on 10/4/2014Capital Grille has been a long-time favorite of mine. They make excellent steaks, and have a great wine list. We tried the bone-in Kona which is a strip steak with a coffee rub and butter shallot sauce. The meat was flavorful and tender. We also enjoyed the prosciutto-wrapped mozzarella which was sautéed prosciutto and alarm mozzarella with a balsamic reduction and cherry tomatoes. The kitchen was kind enough to make us un-breaded calamari which came in a spicy sherry sauce. We skipped dessert because we were full, but they have some great options too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grille is always a winnerelimarVIPDined on 10/2/2014When looking for good food, properly prepared and served hot, this is a winner each time. Be aware that when the menu suggests that the vegetable sides are good for two, the portion is good for three. The butternut squash bisque was a real winner served at a proper temperature. The meal was made even better by a fantastic waiter who did not hover but anticipated our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/1/2014If you want a steak go to Capital Grill. The service was great and the food was wonderful! Tables are close together so noice level is typical of this setting but we could still enjoy conversation!Special Features:
- Great surpriseVivianDined on 9/30/2014I live near to Capital Grill and I´ve never thought that it was so good! So after a friend recommend me I gave a chance and my husband and I got surprised. We ate to much that was necessary to bring the dessert to home!Special Features:
- Always great...YadiDined on 9/30/2014It is always a great experience for us, that whenever we go it is always same excellent service, quality of the food and good vibes...Special Features:
- Fantastic First ExperienceRick702Dined on 9/30/2014I had heard great things about the Capitol Grill but had not had a chance to experience dinning. Selected the Miami Spice menu and was quite surprised at how great it was, portions were normal size and the quality and presentation of each dish excellent. The server was very attentive and helpful in picking out the choices in the menu. I had the Rib-eye and my friend the Salmon, he raved it was the best he had, and my Rib-eye was cooked to perfection. I would highly recommend the Capitol Grill for any special occasion.Special Features:
- CGJPDineVIPDined on 9/30/2014As always food and service excellent. We used our American Express $ 50 discount.Special Features:
- Anniversary "go to spot"geezerDined on 9/29/2014We always head to the Capital Grille in Miami for our special occasions. The service is outstanding from the personable valet to the maitre'd and server. We have never been disappointed in either the service or food quality. The steaks were cooked perfectly, the crock of french onion soup was huge and delicious, the mashed red bliss pottoes were rich and creamy, and the flourless chocolate cake and cheesecake with berries were both terrific.Special Features:
- nice place so so foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/29/2014My wife and I went to The Capital Grille for Miami Spice and our experience was just ok. The service was refined however, the food was lacking. The best part of our meal were the cesar salad, clam chowder and the cheesecake. My wife asked for a med well filet and got a burnt hockey puck; my bone-in sirloin was underwhelming to say the least, I've had better steaks at longhorn. Over all this is a great location with very good service but poor food. We won't be going back.
- DiverDined on 9/27/2014Went there for my wife's birthday. They sat us at a romantic corner table. Our waiter was fantastic. First class service. First class food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome night.AngelDined on 9/27/2014This is my 3rd time at the Capital Grill. Every time has been GREAT!! The good was delicious. We went for the Miami Spice deal. The choices were great. I had the 18 ounce bone in sirloin. Amazing!! The cheesecake dessert is the best I've ever had. I would recommend this restaurant to all my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BYOWcritDined on 9/27/2014This has been a GREAT restaurant for as long as I can remember, celebrated many-many special occasions. One complaint...Their corking fee. They allow you only two bottles per table and charge $25.00 per bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place!ThankyouLauraDined on 9/26/2014Love the fact that someone recommended as a thank you gift n we enjoyed the meal to the max!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so fabulousFoodie305VIPDined on 9/26/2014We had heard amazing things about this place so we decided to try it out and soon after we got there we regretted ever single second of that decision. The place was packed, people just standing around the front blocking the hostess so we couldn't get in - not really any where else to go wait to be called. The service was terrible, our waiter was nice, but the service or lack thereof was NOT - hubby asked for a sprite no one brought it out for over an hour. It was our first time there and no one bothered to give us a rundown of the menu, when our food arrived we didn't have steak knives so we had to cut our food with butter knives *not easy* - the side order we got was so small my husband didn't eat any - he only ate his steak w/ shrimp. :(
- Excellent in every way!abi19Dined on 9/26/2014I decided to take my husband to Capital Grille as I had been to the one in Stamford, CT and loved it. Our waiter Janos was very friendly and just the right mix of attentive and not overbearing. He helped us choose a great bottle of Moscato to go with our meal. The plus for me was the Miami Spice deal that made dinner an amazing deal. Would highly recommend and I look forward to going back and trying other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, but prefer the one in Ft LaudCastleNMBVIPDined on 9/24/2014Nice place, but we prefer the one in Ft Lauderdale. Won't go back to this location.Special Features:
- Great experiencesmily129Dined on 9/24/2014They made our anniversary meal very special. The waiter was knowledgeable and the food was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never FailsLifeizGoodDined on 9/23/2014Always impressed with The Capital Grille!! I have been to different Capital Grille's across the US and am alway impressed. Good Job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine local , Attention service.Wilzip1810Dined on 9/22/2014The Capital Grille, have excellent localization, very good food, and prime service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love itHellenhitaDined on 9/20/2014The restaurant is Perfect for anything. Inlove to br there with my husband and daughter. The food was deliciously the wine list is perfect and we drunk a great marthini first. I will like to comeback soonerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.