The Capital Grille - Las Vegas
3200 Las Vegas Blvd South, Suite 3300
Fashion Show Mall
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
Fashion Show Mall
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 7029326631x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday 12:00pm - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00pm -10:00pm, Friday - Saturday 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Sacco
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Las Vegas
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our team has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Capital Grille - Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in Fashion Show Mall ›
The Capital Grille - Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)scenic view (59)notable wine list (47)romantic (47)fit for foodies (40)good for groups (33)great for lunch (12)hot spot (8)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)neighborhood gem (4)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- First timer went WELL!luv2dineDined on 6/14/2014Celebrated my boyfriend's birthday here and everything was absolutely amazing! Server Jim was outstanding! Surprised my boyfriend with a complimentary birthday dessert. We both enjoyed the petite cheesecake and chocolate truffle like cake. Calamari appetizer, very flavorful... no need for a dipping sauce! Tremendous wine selection. Filet mignon and dry aged steak was just right to perfection. Tender and moist! Reserved on open table with an added request to have a table with scenic view and we got it! Great place for a lunch or dinner date with that special someone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Capital GrillTravelallcitiesVIPDined on 6/11/2014This is a perfect place for you to get a great meal, excellent service and conduct business!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steakhouse as tapas joint -- niceMorelSuperiorityDined on 6/9/2014We 3 got excellent service from Eric, who was unfazed that we ordered one main and three sides to split. Kitchen sliced the 10 oz filet mignon for easy sharing and we all were delighted with the meal, the view north up the boulevard, and the ambience above the usual Strip fray. Lobster in the lobster mac was overcooked, but then lobster mac is more comfort food than delicate cuisine. Highlights were the service, the view, the accommodation for three who didn't need a heavy meal or leftovers. As with other CGs, menu heavy on meat, just one chicken & one fish choice among mains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has changedTexasLonghornsDined on 6/6/2014CG has changed in the last few years. I've been going there 2-3 times year for 10 years and the staff is great but, the food this time was no better than average. My 8 oz filet was 3/4 inch thick, no way to cook that medium rare being so thin. It was cooked medium/ medium plus. The salad was old and wilted We sent it back for another type and they charged for both salads Nice view and fun to get dress up , although they allowed a man next to me to be in leather shorts. Yuuk Many choices in Vegas try some other out before going here.
- frnoseasDined on 6/4/2014Great place for a late dinner of good quality, service is very good and fastSpecial Features:
- Outstanding!JoelDined on 6/2/2014I have been to the Grille many times but wanted my wife to see why I raved so much about it. The evening was perfect. Our service was exceptional and the food outstanding! I travel all over the country and make every effort to avoid chain restaurants but the Capital Grille just knows how to deliver an exceptional experience in any city.Special Features:
- Wife's birthday dinnerluvvegasDined on 5/24/2014The table decorations and cake were great but the service and food were outstanding. You made it a special dinner. Thank you! Every time I am in Denver and Las Vegas In eat at Capital Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT QUITE THERELVBYRDined on 5/23/2014THE CAPITAL GRILL IS GREAT RESTAURANT IN EVERY CITY. HERE IN LAS VEGAS, THE SERVICE WAS GOOD BUT THE FOOD SERVED WAS NOT HOT & THE SIDE ORDERS WERE VERY ORDINARYSpecial Features:
- Always great hereLocalsVIPDined on 5/22/2014Short version: Great food, excellent service. Pricey - you get what you pay for. Longer version: This is my sixth time at this location of Capital Grille, and I have been to others around the country another dozen times. They have the formula down pat - I have never been disappointed with a great consistent steak or seafood meal and the service is always top notch. My companion and I had seafood - halibut and salmon. Both were excellent. They had a couple of great cab's by the glass that actually went well with seafood interestingly enough. Great place in Vegas to take the client or business group. Your CFO will watch the expense report though. Ask for a table overlooking the strip.Special Features:
- The following 759 reviews are from the The Capital Grille - Las Vegas reviews archive.
- Happy Anniversary to us!TwokegsDined on 5/19/2014Have been coming to Vegas for many years and have spent the last 11 enjoying a fantastic anniversary dinner at the capital Grille. Food is excellent (Bone in filet mignon and Au Gratin Potatoes a must) the staff are kind and friendly and always willing to help pair a wine from the extensive list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Excellent Dining ExperienceCPIIIVIPDined on 5/15/2014This was our first time dining at The Capital Grill and we found it to be just incredible. Our wait person Stephanie was a major part in making it such a great experience, she was the best. The wine list was very extensive and provided us with some of our favorite California wines. My wife had the seared Ahi Tuna and I had the pork chop special. They were cooked perfectly and very flavor able. We had the ricotta cheese cake, thanks to Stephanie, and it was fantastic. We will definitely be back on our next trip to Vegas.Special Features:
- Elegant diningLeahDined on 5/13/2014A great place for special times with wonderful food offerings and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch service and foodtimmygDined on 5/4/2014We were a large group of 12, staff very accomodating and menu selection was diverse enough to please everyone. Great setting looking out onto the strip...loved it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014Food was great, our waiter Matt was outstanding, he checked on our table just the right amount of times. Great wine list and truly outstanding steak options.Special Features:
- Great steakCJCbostonVIPDined on 5/2/2014I've been to several Cap Grills - this one has one of the more beautiful rooms and views. The steaks are reliably great - I think the best among all the Chain steak houses. Only gripe - the new side dish of Oscar and roast potato was less than the sum of its parts - did not come together. The wine list is strong - though Del Frisco outdoes CG in depth and gems.Special Features:
- wonderful service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/1/2014We truly enjoyed the dining experience and the food was so delicious. The service was wonderful by our waiter, Dominic. All staff was very friendly. It was a great experience and my brother was delighted to see that the table was decorated with colorful wrapped candies and a personal birthday card. He also received a delicious dessert with happy birthday on the plate and shared it with us. Every thing was yummy including the cocktails, "stolie Dolie", a pineapple infused vodka martini. We will be back there when we go to Las Vegas again. Ambiance was great also. We had the steak and lobster, oscar potatoes, and the green beans. Even the bread was yummy. All very tasty!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodElinVIPDined on 4/28/2014Excellent steaks, excellent seafood, excellent service. Great for a business dinner in Las Vegas. A sure thing.Special Features:
- Great food and priceBeachmdVIPDined on 4/25/2014Don't forget to ask for the Special Menus. Great deal!Special Features:
- Capital Grill just okugabooVIPDined on 4/25/2014Made our annual admin day trip to capital grill. they continue to struggle, good but never great. Ordered the shrimp cocktail and it was very good, firm and tasty. Had the wedge salad and lobster bisque and both were very good. Then we got the main courses. She had the crab/lobster burger, t was tasty but the center was not cooked and was wet, not dried and fluffy. My steak was ordered medium and came out well done. I had to send it back. Second one was medium rare but i ate it. Not sure why they have such a hard time making steak in a steakhouse, but almost every visit has ended in disappointment. I prefer Ruth's Chris but they are not open for lunch!Special Features:
- BellagioVIPDined on 4/24/2014Extremely slow service this night. 7 pm reservation, entrees arrived around 8:15 pm.
- Don't Miss This OneluvtotravelDined on 4/19/2014This was the second time we have dined at this restaurant and it won't be the last. it is just off The Strip--which we consider an advantage. The food and wine are outstanding and the service was impeccable. While the whole waitstaff is skilled, we particularly appreciated the service by Maria Russo.Special Features:
- Great qualityBbotonesDined on 4/17/2014Everything is tastefull, perfect but atmosphere is like oldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service was awfulMrsgplusthreeDined on 4/12/2014Went here for my husbands birthday because I had been to the one in Costa Mesa, ca with work and had amazing service. The Las Vegas restaurant food was incredible, but our service was awful. We were there about 2 and a half hours and my drink was only refilled one time. We ordered 3 sides and they brought the wrong one. They took that back and said they would bring the correct one and never did. Our server was too busy helping every other table. And only came to out table 4 times. I guess I expected a lot better service when I was spending $250-$300 on a meal. We probably won't be going back there again due to the lack of service. I would only recommend to a friend for the amazing food.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2014I randomly booked this restaurant bc of its convenient location to our hotel. I was amazed! The wine list was one of the longest I have ever seen. The staff were helpful and attentive, but not overly obtrusive. The steaks were phenomenal!! Aged, seasoned and cooked to perfection. In my line of work I get the opportunity to travel and eat at some very fine dining establishments. This was by far one of the best steaks I have ever had. Meal for 2 with drinks may be considered a little pricey by some ($160 with tax and tip).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great!EricDined on 4/8/2014I've been to several (3) Capital Grilles and have found them to be consistently great. Food, service, ambience were all great and you get a view of the Las Vegas Strip too! This is a good choice in a town with many good to great steak houses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great betBride2BDined on 4/6/2014This restaurant is great for an upscale evening. The service is classy and the food is great. I've been to other Capital Grilles before and each one is just as good as the last. Great place to celebrate an occasion since they always make it special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ServicecreeksideDined on 4/5/2014We visited the Capital Grille to celebrate our wedding anniversary when we were in Vegas. We were seated in the corner of the restaurant with a magnificent view up and down the Strip. Our waiter was extremely helpful in recommending meals for us and our guests. The food was prepared to perfection. It's a great place to celebrate any kind of occasion. We highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rob and Rosie's Birthday DinnerAmandaDined on 4/3/2014Our waiter was pushy with two of my family members. He completely excluded me from the wine tasting when we were trying to find a wine we liked. The servers mixed up two of our dishes. Asparagus was burnt. The main course meat and potatoes was good.Special Features:
- Good but not greatMJC7Dined on 4/2/2014I go to the Capital Grille in Las Vegas 2 or 3 times each year and every time I'm in town. I order the same dish every time - Porcini crusted Delmonico. With one exception, they overcooked the steak. Once I asked them specifically not to 'overcook' the steak and the bar tender got insulted for even asking...so I didn't ask this time. Once again, it was overcooked. Two of us ordered the same thing - both were overcooked. $100 wasted but we just smile and say everything is fine. Also this time the spinach was bland, other sides were great. Ambience is good, service at the bar is usually great. I'll give them one more chance. There are too many premium steak houses in Vegas to not get it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealb407driverDined on 3/30/2014We dine at the Capital Grille several times per year and we always have a positive experience. The food is always prepared to perfection and the staff is great. Kudos to Stephanie, our server, who always makes our visit special.
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/27/2014Very impressed with the view, food was excellent, service was impeccable. I will definitely go back every chance I get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the people in my partyDavidCDined on 3/26/2014One of the people in my party ordered steak and lobster. Half way through the meal I noticed he had not touched his steak. I asked why he was not eating it and he replied that it had been served cold.Special Features:
- I would not recommendAllenYDined on 3/22/2014Good views, but they can't figure out how to properly prepare a steak or lamb. Been there 6-7 times and the last two visits we had to send back steak and lamb chops for being overcooked. It too way too long to get the entrée back, close to 20 minutes. All they do to amend the situation is to apologize for their mistake. Way too many great steakhouse to go back.
- We will return againJandRDined on 3/22/2014Very nice dining experience with excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grille good for large groupOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/21/2014Able to accommodate larger groups (we were 12). Great table with views down the strip. Only negative was service was a bit slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grille fails to disappoint!WillisVIPDined on 3/21/2014Whenever I get to Vegas I make a point to dine at my favorite steak house in Sin City, and I've tried at least a dozen. I've been to Capital Grilles in Baltimore, DC, Chicago and Vegas fails to disappoint. I has the best view and an really neat entry / bar decorated with portraits of famous Strip entertainers. On this occasion our server was Matt and I'd recommend you ask for a table in his section when you make your Open Table reservation! Also request a window seat, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eatsSolodinerDined on 3/20/2014This was my first time dining at a Capital Grille and i am glad that I decided to! My server Tim was great and the food was very tasty the lobster Mac was OMG delicious and the medallions and lobster was too! Definitely one of my new favorites!Special Features:
- GREAT LUNCHluvbubblesDined on 3/20/2014We had a spectacular late lunch. Our table was by the window with a great view of the Strip. The service was spot on as usual and the food as well. We were very well taken care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!ChaLeeDined on 3/15/2014Capital Grille has always been one of our favorite restaurants, and our recent dining experience locked in the "favorite" category. We celebrated my husband's birthday, and the Capital Grille staff took everything a step above and beyond. Champagne cocktail, special "celebration dessert" with all the gourmet salads, appetizers and entrees in between. Just a very enjoyable evening, not only for my husband, but for me too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS AWESOMEEASTOUTALOTVIPDined on 3/5/2014I always come to Maggiano's for dinner when in vegas and it is always great, I was in Vegas for a convention and this trip they were slammed, very very slammed, and it was still a great experienceSpecial Features: