The Capital Grille - King of Prussia
236 Mall Blvd
King of Prussia, PA 19406Neighborhood:
King of Prussia
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - King of Prussia
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 6102651415x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Raymond Bell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Private dining rooms can accommodate up to 30 guests.
A word from The Capital Grille - King of Prussia
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located at the King of Prussia Mall.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Capital Grille - King of Prussia - Best Restaurants in King of Prussia ›
The Capital Grille - King of Prussia reviews from OpenTable diners
207 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (161)notable wine list (118)fit for foodies (85)romantic (74)good for groups (69)great for lunch (35)vibrant bar scene (30)hot spot (21)neighborhood gem (20)great for outdoor dining (9)late-night find (9)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014It was my husbands birthday and the personalized service and attention to detail was extrodinary. They had a hand written card, table scatter, knew his name and that it was his birthday, and provided a beautiful dessert customized to the occasion. A total package, wonderful way to spend the evening. Thank you!!Special Features:
- Highlight of my birthday!CestJoieDined on 10/13/2014Aside from one of my dearest friends secretly gracing me with his presence, CG did everything right from start-finish of my dinner to ensure it was special. Our server Nicholas, has the perfect blend of qualities to possess in the world of fine dining. He was patient, attentive, knowledgeable, lighthearted and thorough. I don't remember having to ask him for a single thing! He's amazing! Thank you for a wonderful experience Capital Grille KOP!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid ChainOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/13/2014We have a number of great restaurateurs around Philadelphia but there is a time and place for a chain. Hoping off the highway for a solid lunch is a good example. I prefer to skip the formal dining room and grab a burger or entrée salad in the bar area. The televisions at the bar offset the old-fashioned décor. Enjoy the reliably good food and generally well trained staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital GrillBetteMctDined on 10/12/2014Last minute made a reservation for my husbands birthday, filled that in and when we arrived the table was decorated for his birthday with a card. They treated us so special and brought him a dessert with candle at the end! Excellent meal and superb bottle of wine! What an awesome night-thanks Capital Grill, perfect service, food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- reservations?crphillyVIPDined on 10/11/2014Having to wait just short of 30 minutes to be seated when you have a reservation is not good. Otherwise I like this location better than downtown.
- Excellent but ExpensiveBuntzVIPDined on 10/6/2014My wife and I enjoyed Capitol Grille very much, as we have in other locations around the country. My wedge salad was good and my steak was nicely prepared between medium rare and medium, as I like it. Her scallops were delicious. Just recognize that you pay top dollar here, equivalent to anything in Philly, and everything is a la carte. Our side of golden beets with goat cheese was very tasty and should be at $13. Service and ambience are what you would expect from an upscale steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014The lobster bisque was exquisite. The breads were wonderful. Service and entrees were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect for our AnniversarycapbestplaceDined on 10/1/2014Super great service and Friendly staff great food and drink and upscale atmosphereI would recommend this to a friend.
- jacksterDined on 9/30/2014We had a wonderful dining experience. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always well worth itKenLauVIPDined on 9/27/2014We lucked out last Saturday night when our reservation happened to be during Restaurant Week in King of Prussia. At the measley cost of $40 each for three courses and sides to share, we enjoyed the stellar steaks, as usual. The flourless chocolate espresso cake was that night's special dessert. OMG...it was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MimosamamaDined on 9/25/2014I had mentioned that we were celebrating our wedding anniversary when I made the reservation, and we were pleasantly surprised with special things they did for us. We were taken to a table in a quiet corner that had Rose petals and little red hearts on it, along with a placard that said "Happy Anniversary!" The server was very attentive, and when the dessert arrived it was on a plate with chocolate writing which also wished us a happy anniversary. Our server took a nice photo of us and presented it to us in a special folio. We didn't know they were running a restaurant week special, but the $40 three course menu appealed to us. We both enjoyed the filet mignon, mashed potatoes and beans. It was a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as Good Second TimeCamaro2012Dined on 9/20/2014Food quality is excellent but steaks / fish are not seasoned and sauces not offered. Restaurant area a bit noisy but bar area nice. Service was not good and surprisingly rushed. Will not head back any time soon. So much for a memorable 30th year anniversary.Special Features:
- High End Steak ChainTravelLynnDined on 9/19/2014We had a good experience at Capital Grille. It was better than Morton's but not as good as Ruth's Chris. My husband had the Delmonico Steak. Cooked properly. Good, but not great. I had the Chilean Sea Bass. Cooked correctly but had 0 seasoning and was sitting in liquid from the tomatoes they paired it with (tomatoes and sea bass?). The liquid made it soggy & cold. Had to move the fish to my bread plate to eat it. The server was attentive & suggested a good wine pairing. Nice atmosphere & decor inside. Pricey but we had a $100 gift card. Would not go back if we had to pay full price. The Lobster Mac & Cheese, our side, was better than my sea bass.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceJamiRDined on 9/19/2014Great dinner and excellent service beyond our expectations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over all just OkJdipp8818Dined on 9/19/2014I have been to The Capital Grille many, many times and I have never had a bad experience. This recent time was a little different. The other times I was with big groups but this time I was just my boyfriend and I for our 5 year anniversary. Our waiter didn't ask if it was a special occasion but he asked the couple next to us. I ordered a salad and the waiter apparently didn't hear me say it or something. Once he came back I reminded him about the salad and he did apologize and got one immediately. I felt like we did not get the best service that we had before. Maybe my boyfriend and I looked "younger" then the couples around but that doesn't mean we wouldn't tip well. I'm upset about the service but still love the food and will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beef, it's what's for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/16/2014It was one of the best steaks I've ever had, hands down. And I do love my beef. Come here and you won't go wrong.Special Features:
- CAPITAL time at CAPITAL GRILLEDRHBRVIPDined on 9/13/2014The CAPITAL GRILLE (KoP) is among our favorite restaurants in the entire Philadelphia region. (We find the downtown a bit slow in seeding and the valet service is weak). the atmosphere is most pleasant, the service from maître d', to waiters, and busboys, always efficient and pleasant. In honor of my wifes bday, we were greeted with a rose pedalled covered table, a nice bdaycard and complimentary dessert. The food was uniformly excellent including the salmon and the lamb chops. Superb time. We shall return often.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerMartyk617Dined on 9/13/2014We had our 49th anniversary dinner at Capital Grill , it was wonderfull. Table had rose petals and hearts as well as a personal hand written note. The total staff , receptionist , server and busboy all went out of their way to wish us a happy anniversary and make the evening memorable. Food was great ! All in all a great night and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was TOP NOTCHOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014This was not our first time at a Capital Grille, though our first at this location. We already had high expectations of the food and they were met. The service was above and beyond what was expected and made us feel extra special on our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- to busy at kitchen boothspikesgirlDined on 9/11/2014We went for a special occasion, and I did not specify a special seating area. We therefore ended up at a booth in front of the kitchen (one of three). It wasn't especially noisy, but since it is open to the dining area, the constant motion of the waiters getting their food orders was distracting.Special Features:
- King of Steaks and SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/9/2014Dont let the location in a shopping area fool you. Capital Grille, although a chain, is a sure bet. Great Steak selections, seafood, salads. Our server was excellent, and the other staff (water, bread, etc) was on it without being intrusive. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Short staffed and slowPete321Dined on 9/9/2014I chose the Capital Grill to celebrate my son's graduation from college. There was a party in the side room, and our server would be gone for 15 minutes at a time. I understand this was probably not the issue of the server, but the manager assigning the staff. I had a reservation, so they should have adequately planned. They acknowledged the issue, but I was just disapointed.
- Special OccasionDianahwDined on 9/7/2014Absolutely wonderful. Quiet, intiimate and delightful. Waiter seemed to know when we needed him. Food was perfect, wine wonderful. Celebrated our daughters 40th birthday in style. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great retirement dinnerRetirementDinnerHeavenDined on 9/7/2014Tanvir Choudhury and the entire wait staff at Capital Grille provided an outstanding and memorable retirement dinner to my wife and me. Excellent service, food, wine and atmosphere all contributed to this great evening. The special touch of the handwritten well wishes message on our dessert plate written in chocolate topped off a memorable dinner.Special Features:
- Celebrate anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/6/2014Best steak dinner ever! Table was set up with rose petals & hearts. Complementary dessert was great; the plate was even designed with our # year anniversary. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Stop over salting!JonMinVIPDined on 9/5/2014I don't understand why all high end steakhouse now feel the need to over sauce, over season, and over salt quality meats. Meat quality was perfect. Food was ruined by salty Au Jus. A great filter needs a little salt and a little pepper...that's it! Service was great.Special Features:
- Excellent Service as UsualmhinksonVIPDined on 9/3/2014This place sets the standard in service. Not many restaurants do it better, and none in this area do it as well. The food is always spot on. Perfect place for a business lunch.Special Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014Excellent food and great service with an exceptional wine listSpecial Features:
- Best everLuv2dinDined on 8/30/2014I have dined at the capital grill many times, this was the best ever!Special Features:
- DissapointedFoodieDined on 8/29/2014I have been to the Capitol Grille, in King of Prussia, many times and have always found it outstanding-not this time. I was there on Friday evening. Everything was excellent as usual, except my main course. I ordered the special: Filet with bone in-medium. It came to the table well done. They appolgized and brought it back to the table (30 minutes later - after my dinner guest finshed her meal) & it was cooked medium rare to rare. At that point I didn't bother to complain. I just ate it, I was so hungry, but didn't enjoy it. The bill for dinner for 2, with tax & tip. was $290.00. Although they refilled my wine glass at no charge, I really feel that the appropriate thing for them to do was to take the charge for the Filet off of the check.Special Features:
- MaacDined on 8/29/2014Great food, service outstanding-- nice experience, my family enjoyed everythingSpecial Features:
- SherDined on 8/29/2014Great food, great wine, lovely atmosphere. Loved the lobster salad and Williamette Valley Pinot Noir.Special Features:
- excellent all aroundbecky1076Dined on 8/22/2014It was a great meal. Service was outstanding! The food, wonderful! The calamari was perfect. It comes with hot peppers on them, but they put them on the side for us, as I don't do spicy. The best steak I have ever had! The lobster mac n cheese was to die for! If you are looking to just get chicken fingers, stick to your chains and bar food places. If you want a meal, worth every penny you are going to pay, with an inviting ambience, and great service, this is your place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstanding.LennyDined on 8/22/2014Consistency makes the Capital Grille the very best in King of Prussia.Special Features:
- Great Birthday Meal!BikeMikeDined on 8/19/2014Celebrated my 52nd birthday with my two youngest! Excellent touches to acknowledge my special day. The service was excellent: prompt, courteous, attentive. Our meal was spaced out perfectly. The noise level was a little more than we expected. The food was delicious. Our filets were cooked perfectly. We did not feel rushed during the meal.Special Features:
- Gold StandardOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014Celebrated a BD and everyone from the hostess stand to everyone who visited our table acknowledged the BD and wished my wife well. Food and service were outstanding. Apps were Lobster M&C and Cesar Salad, Dinner was Filet and Balsamic Ribeye with Asparagus and Potatoes AG as sides. Not that we needed it, we received a sample of two desserts and some fruit with HBD spelled out in chocolate. James was our server and did an excellent job. Seating was a little close and there was a larger table that was sort of loud, but not dealbreakers. We try to go here at least 4 times a year. This is only 2 for 2014, so we will be back.Special Features:
- I love their steaks!jailsDined on 8/16/2014Melts in your mouth. So flavorful. Their calamari is the best. Always great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacking Value Last 2X ThereChops101Dined on 8/15/2014Had whole lobster. Minuscule for what I paid and it was tough Last 2X there the service was lacking. This was my husband's 60th BDay and the sat us next to a pillar. Not Happy!! Believe me, I don't have time to write reviews, however, took the time for this. I do not mind the cost but I do expect great food a and service for it!
- Amazing food!!!tmak454Dined on 8/15/2014From the appetizers to the wine to the steaks, amazing. I got the steak au poivre and it was like butter. Great experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We keep going backLisaPvilleVIPDined on 8/13/2014We love it here. Although the menu is a bit limited we always find great food and are never disappointed. The service is always greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.