The Capital Grille - King of Prussia
236 Mall Blvd
King of Prussia, PA 19406Neighborhood:
King of Prussia
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - King of Prussia
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 6102651415x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Raymond Bell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Private dining rooms can accommodate up to 30 guests.
A word from The Capital Grille - King of Prussia
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located at the King of Prussia Mall.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Capital Grille - King of Prussia - Best Restaurants in King of Prussia ›
The Capital Grille - King of Prussia reviews from OpenTable diners
210 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (164)notable wine list (116)fit for foodies (81)romantic (80)good for groups (57)great for lunch (33)vibrant bar scene (24)hot spot (20)neighborhood gem (20)great for outdoor dining (11)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (4)Show More
- CAPITAL time at CAPITAL GRILLEDRHBRVIPDined on 9/13/2014The CAPITAL GRILLE (KoP) is among our favorite restaurants in the entire Philadelphia region. (We find the downtown a bit slow in seeding and the valet service is weak). the atmosphere is most pleasant, the service from maître d', to waiters, and busboys, always efficient and pleasant. In honor of my wifes bday, we were greeted with a rose pedalled covered table, a nice bdaycard and complimentary dessert. The food was uniformly excellent including the salmon and the lamb chops. Superb time. We shall return often.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerMartyk617Dined on 9/13/2014We had our 49th anniversary dinner at Capital Grill , it was wonderfull. Table had rose petals and hearts as well as a personal hand written note. The total staff , receptionist , server and busboy all went out of their way to wish us a happy anniversary and make the evening memorable. Food was great ! All in all a great night and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was TOP NOTCHOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014This was not our first time at a Capital Grille, though our first at this location. We already had high expectations of the food and they were met. The service was above and beyond what was expected and made us feel extra special on our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- to busy at kitchen boothspikesgirlDined on 9/11/2014We went for a special occasion, and I did not specify a special seating area. We therefore ended up at a booth in front of the kitchen (one of three). It wasn't especially noisy, but since it is open to the dining area, the constant motion of the waiters getting their food orders was distracting.Special Features:
- King of Steaks and SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/9/2014Dont let the location in a shopping area fool you. Capital Grille, although a chain, is a sure bet. Great Steak selections, seafood, salads. Our server was excellent, and the other staff (water, bread, etc) was on it without being intrusive. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Short staffed and slowPete321Dined on 9/9/2014I chose the Capital Grill to celebrate my son's graduation from college. There was a party in the side room, and our server would be gone for 15 minutes at a time. I understand this was probably not the issue of the server, but the manager assigning the staff. I had a reservation, so they should have adequately planned. They acknowledged the issue, but I was just disapointed.
- Special OccasionDianahwDined on 9/7/2014Absolutely wonderful. Quiet, intiimate and delightful. Waiter seemed to know when we needed him. Food was perfect, wine wonderful. Celebrated our daughters 40th birthday in style. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great retirement dinnerRetirementDinnerHeavenDined on 9/7/2014Tanvir Choudhury and the entire wait staff at Capital Grille provided an outstanding and memorable retirement dinner to my wife and me. Excellent service, food, wine and atmosphere all contributed to this great evening. The special touch of the handwritten well wishes message on our dessert plate written in chocolate topped off a memorable dinner.Special Features:
- Celebrate anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/6/2014Best steak dinner ever! Table was set up with rose petals & hearts. Complementary dessert was great; the plate was even designed with our # year anniversary. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Stop over salting!JonMinVIPDined on 9/5/2014I don't understand why all high end steakhouse now feel the need to over sauce, over season, and over salt quality meats. Meat quality was perfect. Food was ruined by salty Au Jus. A great filter needs a little salt and a little pepper...that's it! Service was great.Special Features:
- Excellent Service as UsualmhinksonVIPDined on 9/3/2014This place sets the standard in service. Not many restaurants do it better, and none in this area do it as well. The food is always spot on. Perfect place for a business lunch.Special Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014Excellent food and great service with an exceptional wine listSpecial Features:
- Best everLuv2dinDined on 8/30/2014I have dined at the capital grill many times, this was the best ever!Special Features:
- DissapointedFoodieDined on 8/29/2014I have been to the Capitol Grille, in King of Prussia, many times and have always found it outstanding-not this time. I was there on Friday evening. Everything was excellent as usual, except my main course. I ordered the special: Filet with bone in-medium. It came to the table well done. They appolgized and brought it back to the table (30 minutes later - after my dinner guest finshed her meal) & it was cooked medium rare to rare. At that point I didn't bother to complain. I just ate it, I was so hungry, but didn't enjoy it. The bill for dinner for 2, with tax & tip. was $290.00. Although they refilled my wine glass at no charge, I really feel that the appropriate thing for them to do was to take the charge for the Filet off of the check.Special Features:
- MaacDined on 8/29/2014Great food, service outstanding-- nice experience, my family enjoyed everythingSpecial Features:
- SherDined on 8/29/2014Great food, great wine, lovely atmosphere. Loved the lobster salad and Williamette Valley Pinot Noir.Special Features:
- excellent all aroundbecky1076Dined on 8/22/2014It was a great meal. Service was outstanding! The food, wonderful! The calamari was perfect. It comes with hot peppers on them, but they put them on the side for us, as I don't do spicy. The best steak I have ever had! The lobster mac n cheese was to die for! If you are looking to just get chicken fingers, stick to your chains and bar food places. If you want a meal, worth every penny you are going to pay, with an inviting ambience, and great service, this is your place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstanding.LennyDined on 8/22/2014Consistency makes the Capital Grille the very best in King of Prussia.Special Features:
- Great Birthday Meal!BikeMikeDined on 8/19/2014Celebrated my 52nd birthday with my two youngest! Excellent touches to acknowledge my special day. The service was excellent: prompt, courteous, attentive. Our meal was spaced out perfectly. The noise level was a little more than we expected. The food was delicious. Our filets were cooked perfectly. We did not feel rushed during the meal.Special Features:
- Gold StandardOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014Celebrated a BD and everyone from the hostess stand to everyone who visited our table acknowledged the BD and wished my wife well. Food and service were outstanding. Apps were Lobster M&C and Cesar Salad, Dinner was Filet and Balsamic Ribeye with Asparagus and Potatoes AG as sides. Not that we needed it, we received a sample of two desserts and some fruit with HBD spelled out in chocolate. James was our server and did an excellent job. Seating was a little close and there was a larger table that was sort of loud, but not dealbreakers. We try to go here at least 4 times a year. This is only 2 for 2014, so we will be back.Special Features:
- I love their steaks!jailsDined on 8/16/2014Melts in your mouth. So flavorful. Their calamari is the best. Always great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacking Value Last 2X ThereChops101Dined on 8/15/2014Had whole lobster. Minuscule for what I paid and it was tough Last 2X there the service was lacking. This was my husband's 60th BDay and the sat us next to a pillar. Not Happy!! Believe me, I don't have time to write reviews, however, took the time for this. I do not mind the cost but I do expect great food a and service for it!
- Amazing food!!!tmak454Dined on 8/15/2014From the appetizers to the wine to the steaks, amazing. I got the steak au poivre and it was like butter. Great experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We keep going backLisaPvilleVIPDined on 8/13/2014We love it here. Although the menu is a bit limited we always find great food and are never disappointed. The service is always greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, but pricey!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014The Capital Grille is always a nice place to visit - but the prices are excessive. The food is good - but not that good!Special Features:
- Excellent Food and Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014When you book a table at the Capital Grille you expect excellent food and great service and this visit lived up to expectations. Everything was perfect from arriving to leaving. The Porcini rubbed Delmonico was cooked to perfection and our server gave us the time to relax, talk and eat all in the correct proportions. An excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceBullDined on 8/9/2014Celebrated our 33 - year wedding anniversary, a great place for a special occasion.qSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!ChuckVIPDined on 8/8/2014Overall I could not have been more pleased with our experience at the Capital Grille KOP. Great service from Kimberly all night. Thoroughly enjoyed the "Generous Pour" event and all of the food from the oysters, to the salad, the lobster, steak, and sides. Outstanding!Special Features:
- A repeat Lunch VenuekahunaDined on 8/8/2014This is a great respite in K of P. Food is good, atmosphere is super comfortable, but the service is outstanding - polished, friendly, professional, well timed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 6 stars for the cakeLunchLoverDined on 8/5/2014We thought it couldn't get any better than the Maine Lobster Salad ..... until we got to the chocolate cake - WOW. Needless to say, it was a wonderful lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christine the manager...DonnaVIPDined on 8/4/2014Great service as always at lunch yesterday by Ruthie & Christine the manager is always on top of her game & amazing!Special Features:
- Fails the basicsJMAZurichDined on 8/3/2014A few weeks ago I wrote a review that pointed out that the on most of my previous several trips my steak, ordered rare, came out way overcooked. I decided to give them on more chance, fully aware of the other 3 high end steak houses in the area. I regret to say that I had the same experience this trip- ordered rare and came out medium well. As with last time, the wine and service was great, and obviously they were very apologetic and fixed the problem literally within minutes-- but how does this consistently happen? The one thing that a steakhouse should do correctly is cook a steak to order, unfortunately it doesn't appear to be possible here. Looks like I will be giving Morton's and the others a closer look on future trips.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentmkaminDined on 8/3/2014Capital Grille has always been and continues to be my favorite steak house. They never disappoint. In fact, they go above and beyond to make sure everything - atmosphere, comfort level, drinks, food, service, etc. - is absolutely perfect.Special Features:
- Great service compliments menuChrisVIPDined on 8/3/2014The menu is pretty standard for a steak house, but Capital Grille always prepares the food perfectly. I have taken people there during lunch, dinner, for business meetings and events and the food is always very good and consistent. This particular visit, my wife and I took our four children (ages 13, 11, 11, 11) to the celebrated my wife's birthday and our triplets birthday from the day before. Without requesting anything special, our waiter, Bill had the chef prepare some special desserts for all of us. Quite thoughtful of him and very nice of the restaurant. Bill and the staff at the restaurant are what makes this place an excellent establishment that is worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingDoubletroubleDined on 7/31/2014Capital Grille in King of Prussia is by far one of my favorite restaurants. They totally out did themselves for my twins Sweet 16!! Table decorated with confetti, hand written birthday cards, yes hand written, dessert with candles, and a picture in a frame of our table. Our Head Waiter, Bill was outstanding. Thank you so much for a memorable evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulFlygirl5VIPDined on 7/30/2014...There was a nice crowd on a Wednesday afternoon. I can't wait to return...Special Features:
- Carnivore's DreamDananwineDined on 7/29/2014We have had several meals at this restaurant, and I must say they have always been superb. The steaks and wine and service were all top shelf.Special Features:
- ExcellentDocbellDined on 7/28/2014We had out 19th Wedding anniversary dinner at the Capital Grille King of Prussia. One of the best anniversaries so far!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital GrillPickyeaterVIPDined on 7/27/2014The food is excellent – service is very good, however they do rush you quite a bit. – at an expensive restaurant you want to savor the experience- not be hurried alongSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatPopsKDined on 7/26/2014We love the Capital Grille, great food, drink and service. Never fails to satisfy, thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.