The Capital Grille - King of Prussia
236 Mall Blvd
King of Prussia, PA 19406Neighborhood:
King of Prussia
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - King of Prussia
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 6102651415x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Raymond Bell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Private dining rooms can accommodate up to 30 guests.
A word from The Capital Grille - King of Prussia
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located at the King of Prussia Mall.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Capital Grille - King of Prussia - Best Restaurants in King of Prussia ›
The Capital Grille - King of Prussia reviews from OpenTable diners
208 reviews since March 25 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (158)notable wine list (105)romantic (83)fit for foodies (72)good for groups (52)great for lunch (33)vibrant bar scene (19)neighborhood gem (18)hot spot (15)great for brunch (10)great for outdoor dining (8)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great food - watch your wine.JoelVIPDined on 7/21/2014We always enjoy the exceptional food and service at this restaurant. Our only, consistent complaint is their practice of trying to run through the wine to force another bottle. Rather than let the table allocate the bottle of wine based on who is drinking it, they will work to empty the bottle by looking at glasses. Not an issue at most restaurants, but given the wine prices, I find the practice distasteful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experienceMimiVIPDined on 7/18/2014We had a wonderful birthday celebration! The food was delicious, just as we expected and our server Diana was wonderful. We allowed her to make our wine selections for the Generous Pour event and we were not disappointed. Great wines, great food, great server, roses on the table for the birthday girl, what more could you ask for? Truffle fries? We had them, too!!!Special Features:
- Dinner review July 16redwineDined on 7/16/2014Overall, experience was ok. For $100 per person you can do much better. All three of us ordered the 10 ounce filet for $42. It wasn't exceptional and one was overcooked. Didn't bother to mention. In addition, cream spinach was served warm and not hot. Wait staff was fine but the manager came by to check on use by introducing themselves and interrupting our conversation. Felt forced and awkward. This is my fourth time visit and all have been acceptable but don't great as you would expect. They aren't differentiating themselves at least not for me. Wont be back for a while. Better value elsewhere unless your into saying you ate at the CG.Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantsouthphillygirlVIPDined on 7/13/2014Wanted an early evening dinner with my Mom and son. Great filet mignon cooked to perfection. Sides were delicious. Cannot wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital PlaceDRHBRVIPDined on 7/12/2014The Capital Grille (KoP) is reliable for friendly prompt seating in a most agreeable atmosphere. The steaks are perfectly prepared with present "Generous Pour" wine selections a very good value for excellent wines (small glass sampling for total of 7 wines- 3 white, 4 reds). The service was enthusiastic but rushed at the beginning of the meal with wines and appetizer (an overly spicy/ hot pepper filled calamari) being delivered while I was trying to enjoy my pre meal Manhattan. We were not informed of the specials until hearing them recited elsewhere, once we had already place our dinner order. Despite that, overall enjoyable per usual. (The "generous pour" (per glass)is not really generous, but still a good value at 25/person.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningClaireDined on 7/10/2014We love everything about Capital Grille. So for our 43rd Anniversary we went there to celebrate. It did not disappoint. A perfect evening.Special Features:
- Another great visitDaveDined on 7/10/2014Great service and food consistently delivered. Love the fact that they remember my preferred waiter and that they swap the napkins between black and white based on the color of your pants.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/10/2014A great place for lunch. The plates are excellent valueSpecial Features:
- Outstanding service!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/3/2014Group of 4 for a birthday celebration. The service was wonderful. Good selection of steaks and seafood. Everyone loved the lobster bisque. Wine list was excellent - but as a beer guy the selection is pretty pathetic. They brought a complimentary special birthday dessert plate at the end.Special Features:
- Always greatDinerDebDined on 7/2/2014I often bring my business colleagues to Capital Grill and again this time it was fabulous and everyone enjoyed the wonderful food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBilLonguaDined on 7/1/2014Like dining in a fine downtown restaurant, the KOP Capital Grille is a great execution of high end dining. The steak was one of the best I've had and the service was top notch (Brittney was our server). As good as any place I've been to in Chicago or Philly. Definitely transcends its Mall location....Special Features:
- Always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/1/2014Best restaurant in KOP. Service was great and everyone had a wonderful meal. Dessert we shared and they brought serving utensils with each dessert, very thoughtful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MidatlanticVIPDined on 6/30/2014Absolutely delicious fish entrees of sea bass and halibut. Excellent service. Great smoked salmon appetizer, too.Special Features:
- BartDined on 6/29/2014great experiance, dinner for 4 on a sunday night, we started with the seafood combination it was worth the 99 dollars great presentation and super fresh, entrees were two orders of filet mignon oscar, 1 filet mignon, 1 sea bass mashed potatoes and asparagus , desert combo ice cream, and chees cake everything with the exception of the asparagus was excellent. would not order that again large and tough, our drinks never went empty staff was continually making sure that we were ok and that everything was what we expected, I did not say anything about the asparagus as I did not feel that was that big an issue. the waiter staff was extremely helpful and attentive, I will look for the same server when we return ... was a great nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gilbert708Dined on 6/28/2014Was disappointed in the lobster tail that came with my steak two bite size pieces in some type of broth very odd and an overpriced add onSpecial Features:
- Great service and food.PMax1230Dined on 6/28/2014Great attention to service. Immediate responses to all our requests. Appetizers are excellent, steaks were perfect and make sure you sample the desserts as they are killer !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014Capital Grille is outstanding ( food,drink and service) if I could would have dinner here each and every night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb lunchJasmineVIPDined on 6/27/2014For the quality of the food and service, this restaurant is first rate the lunch plates which include an appetizer and main course are a bargain at 18. As the quality is incredible. Don't miss itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place in town!NickVIPDined on 6/27/2014Absolutely love The Capital Grille in KOP! Lunches are wonderful for hosting business meetings, as we did at this visit. They had us in and out in under an hour as requested. Looking forward to coming back in a few weeks to try the Generous Pour wine event!!! We do it every year and love it!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/26/2014One of my fav! Service is always excellent and the food is always wonderful. Ordered the Delmonico which is always delicious!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be backmyexperienceVIPDined on 6/25/2014This was our first time here, and the food was very good. The french onion soup was delicious, but my eyes were definitely bigger than my stomach. I should have stopped at the soup! The scallops were amazing, and made for an amazing lunch the next day. The filet oscar was good as well. There are so many things on the menu I would love to try. We will be back, but this time go with the smaller portions for the soup, or go 1.2 sizes on the sides (even then it was a lot!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Capital Experience!EndiVIPDined on 6/21/2014We have dined at many of the Capital Grilles and purchase Capital Grille gift certificates every year.... But I must comment that the Capital Grille at King Of Prussia was The Best Of All. Thank You Christopher Amman's the Best Manager Ever! Thank You to our waitstaff Dana Hathaway and a very huge Thank You to the lovely gal that spoke with me to confirm the reservation ... You 3 are Capital assets to be cherished.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food, great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014The overall experience, outstanding food, very good service, great wine list and nice décor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply a very good restaurantjon4manDined on 6/14/2014Very good food, nicely prepared and excellent service. This place is a chain but it isn't like a chain. They know your name and they remember it. They watch your table to see if you need something but they do it in a way that you don't know they are watching. Very good vodka martini at the bar.
- The Absolute BestRangeralDined on 6/14/2014Nothing comes close to the professional service and exceptional fare at this restaurantSpecial Features:
- Dinner Date June 13 2014Hammer17566Dined on 6/13/2014I have never been to this Restaurant before and I was very pleased with my dining experience.Special Features:
- Great service at leastJMAZurichDined on 6/12/2014There are lots of steakhouses in this area, Capital Grill is typically the best-- and most of that comes down to service. And, as always, the service was amazing. Unfortunately for the third time in a row my rare steak has been served way overdone closer to Medium Well. Once, a fluke, twice, ok maybe a coincidence, but 3 seems to indicate some sort of pattern. Now the the steak was removed from the bill, and obviously replacement was offered-- but when dining with a group, who wants to have to wait for something to be re-cooked? As this is a steak house, I find it unacceptable that a steak can't be cooked to order- especially when ordering something as obvious as rare. I guess I'll stick to wine and appetizers if I return...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treated Us WellKarlDined on 6/12/2014I set up reservation thru OpenTable and made a simple note that it was for our wedding anniversary. The table was available on time and had rose peddles on table with an Happy Anniversary card waiting. Service was excellent with waiter and others being very attentive and friendly. Food was excellent with Steak and Tuna dishes both cooked as promised and lived up to billing. After dinner the waiter presented a small double desert with a Happy Anniversary note on plate in chocolate, which was an unrequested nice touch. The waiter took our picture which was given to us in a card with bill. Overall it was an exception experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CG is never anything but awesomelittleonegDined on 6/10/2014Great Service, great steak and seafood, great ambience and great wine. Manager stopped by to check which is always nice. CG is very expensive but it is worth every penny. We go there for birthdays and this was a graduation dinner. I do believe you could dine there less expensively by choosing to forgo a few side dishes and wine but that would be very difficult! We had steak, lobster and crab cakes appetizer, clam chowder soup and bread. We also had the creamed spinach, the lobster mac and cheese and the au gratin potatoes-we did take a lot home but that is our goal! I cannot say enough about the restaurant and I have been to the D.C. location and the KOP location. Both excellent.Special Features:
- Consistently good food and servicejoyousVIPDined on 6/7/2014Capital Grille is one of our favorite special occasion restaurants since the food has been consistently delicious and the service is excellent as well. This trip, with another couple did not disappoint. We had one hiccup when the fillets our dining companions ordered well done, came out medium rare. The server was immediately on it to get them out correctly. When they brought their steaks out again at the correct temps, they also brought new fresh, hot sides. The appetizers were excellent, the steaks were tender and delicious. Our server was excellent - friendly and attentive and extremely helpful throughout the meal. Overall, we had a great meal as usual!!Special Features:
- great experiencenonoDined on 6/7/2014Everything was exceptional including the server. Why does this review have to be more than 50 characters?Special Features:
- A Special EveningMjsmdVIPDined on 6/6/2014This was our first dinner at Capital Grill, and we will definitely return. I was very happy with the wider selection of salads and appetizers than you usually find at a traditional steakhouse, and my caprese-style salad was delicious and big enough for my husband to share. The 4 of us ordered steaks, each cooked to different degrees of doneness, and all were done perfectly as ordered. The steaks were very expensive, but the quality of the meat was excellent and each steak was wonderfully tasty and delicious. We were very full at the end and not even able to finish the single piece of chocolate cake that we split 4 ways. This is a place for a special occasion that will not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/6/2014Great meal had as usual. Seating was a little dicey, as one of us had to sit with our back to and active walkway, but once the table was slip up 6 inches, it wasn't like we were getting bumped. Apps (Cesar salad and Lobster/crab cakes) were very good. Filet and Rib-eye done properly at first go. Additional lobster was a tad warm, and not hot, but still very tasty. Mike, our waiter did an exceptional job and took away dirty plates in a timely manner and replaced our glasses when warranted. We will be back.Special Features:
- not impressedAmyCDined on 6/5/2014I thought this was very average, and the service was slow and erratic.
- Absolutely love this place!JazzyVIPDined on 6/4/2014Capital Grille in King of Prussia is in a class of its own. The food was fantastic and the service was exceptional. Coming from a bad experience at Morton's in KOP.. It was so refreshing to see an upscale steakhouse that lives up to its name. Don't even bother going to Morton's. Always stick to Capital Grille. We will return for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patricks Graduation Lunch/DinnerBjm1988Dined on 6/4/2014We had a 3:45 reservation, but Graduation ceremonies were over sooner than anticipated. We called the Capitol Grille and they were very happy to accommodate us. Everything was great. It made for a nice finish for our proud occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy, good food, beware wine listsPAtraveler45Dined on 6/1/2014Our second visit to this Darden property. The food (filet and salmon) was pricey but delicious. Portions were overly large. Ambient noise level was too high for a so-called upscale restaurant. Warning: they actually have two wine lists. The separate one, which I think most people would look at first, was shockingly pricey, so much so that we didn't order our usual bottle. Instead we settled on two overly priced glasses. Only later did I see another wine list in the menu that had reasonable prices. Our server said the separate list was "specialty" wines, but this was not pointed out at the outset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Special Occasion SpotProfJKDined on 5/30/2014We just love this great place. Food is excellent, service is top notch, wine list is fantastic. This has been our "special occasion" spot of the past few years, and we make sure that there is a "special occasion" every other month! Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 42 Anniversary CelebrationJETREPDined on 5/29/2014We arrived and were congratulated by all staff with whom we came in contact. Table was set with an anniversary card, little hearts and rose petals and in a nice quiet corner. Dinner was perfectly prepared and served. Desserts to celebrate were lovely and even better as a midnight snack later! Thanks for a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always first classFranDined on 5/29/2014I have been to The Capital Grille in King of Prussia many times and have never been disappointed. From the service to the food it is always first class!Special Features: