The Capital Grille - King of Prussia
236 Mall Blvd
King of Prussia, PA 19406Neighborhood:
King of Prussia
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - King of Prussia
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (610) 265-1415
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Raymond Bell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Private dining rooms can accommodate up to 30 guests.
A word from The Capital Grille - King of Prussia
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located at the King of Prussia Mall.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Capital Grille - King of Prussia - Best Restaurants in King of Prussia ›
The Capital Grille - King of Prussia reviews from OpenTable diners
214 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (162)notable wine list (111)fit for foodies (95)good for groups (78)romantic (74)great for lunch (35)vibrant bar scene (32)hot spot (28)neighborhood gem (20)late-night find (8)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Never disappoints!pvilleresVIPDined on 11/25/2014Wonderful food and service. One of our go to places for an special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodluvrDined on 11/22/2014Celebrated my husband's milestone birthday. The staff made it extra special!! Our server Nicholas was the absolute best!!! The food was incredible, wine was devine!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rob331Dined on 11/19/2014The food was terrific as expected, but the server made the meal. She was prompt, friendly and knowlegable. As with all Pennsylvania restaurants the wine list suffers form the terrible Pennsylvania State Store system.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Birthday dinnerDFF19403Dined on 11/13/2014Went to Capital Grille for the first time to celebrate my wife's birthday. Couldn't have been a better experience! Everyone from the valet to the General Manager couldn't have been more attentive. Service was excellent, food was fantastic and good sized portions. We split the steak tartare, my wife had the porcini rubbed steak, and I had the kona crusted sirloin, and we ended up taking a big doggie bag home (that the dog certainly didn't get!). will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CK14VIPDined on 11/12/2014the staff had the table decorated when we arrived to wish my friend a happy birthday. they also brought a special dessert for her as well, making the dinner even more special.Special Features:
- Lovely ExperienceBronxboyDined on 11/9/2014Capital Grille pays attention to detail! Fine food , excellent service staff and thoughtfulness towards us as guests. Lovely way to celebrate an anniversary.Special Features:
- Marriage CelebrationterryaugustDined on 11/8/2014The night was perfect. Food, company and the service was impeccable. The restaurant gave us each a glass of champagne and dessert in honor of our celebrating a very special night. Martinis were very good; best shrimp cocktail I've had anywhere; nice wine by the glass selection. Our server was a top notch professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceeds the expectationlove2dinefineDined on 11/7/2014We were celebrating two events at the Capital Grille, and the restaurant did not disappoint. The server, Louis, was outstanding. He was attentive, personable and knowledgeable about the menu. He also went the extra step to ensure all shellfish items would be kept away from the one member of our party with a shellfish allergy. The food was also excellent, and the restaurant brought dessert for the birthday we were celebrating and a champagne toast for the graduation we were celebrating. We will return to the Capital Grille in the future for special occasion dinners, or when we are looking for a meal that is better than the competition has to offer.Special Features:
- Special attention + good foodyumyumDined on 11/6/2014Celebrating my nephew's birthday. They accommodated me with a booth as requested and had confetti and a card at the table-unexpected. They took a celebratory picture and a comp desert tray. Very nice touch. Service (Bill) was the best I've seen in a long while and in a lot of restaurants. Very attentive but not overbearing. Steak, as always, was delicious although it was a bit more rare in the middle than I asked for. No problem-I was stuffed by the time I got to the middle. The cheddar bacon potatoes were delicious but the beets with feta were hard and not so tasty. Wine was delicious, but should be for $12/glass. This is an upscale (prices too) steak house with the expected ambience.Special Features:
- Still a favorite!LuckyBDined on 11/4/2014Food and service were outstanding! Our waiter Nick was very attentive and pleasant!Wish we would have had a better table for 2 not surrounded by loud tables of 20 and 12. Next time we will ask to be moved! A table of 2 should not be placed in a high traffic area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as usualKenLauVIPDined on 11/1/2014It's great to have a nearby restaurant with superb food and service. Everything was prepared perfectly, and our waiter was attentive without being "over the top" when describing the menu items. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Made our 30th anniversary celebration great. I wish I knew you offered touches like rose petals on the table and Happy Anniversary cards. etc. Oh well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, maybe next time.Special Features:
- ConsistencyRichardVIPDined on 10/30/2014Once again, the service (thank you, James R) was excellent; the food as always was very good. The steaks were prepared as requested. A very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Late LunchBellaDined on 10/28/2014After 2 pm, restaurant is QUIET! Wonderful waitress.Special Features:
- Great again!jon4manVIPDined on 10/26/2014Great for my wife's birthday! Food, service, martini, and wine all perfect.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/25/2014Restaurant was very noisy, but it was a Saturday night.Special Features:
- A memorable anniversary dinner.Pomper4Dined on 10/25/2014Celebrated our wedding anniversary and the CG made it special with table decor, a pic and other surprises. Our server Kelly was perfect in every way, attentive at all the right times. We were seated near the kitchen and initially felt concerned but it was a non issue. Shrimp cocktail was excellent, salad very good, balsamic steak and bone in sirloin delicious. Coconut tart amazing. Steak and eggs for breakfast next day. We had gift cards$ which made it even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/24/2014From the moment we sat down until the last bite of dessert, we were made to feel like our table was the only table in the restaurant. Food is 5 star! Service is 5 star! Management is 5 star!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/24/2014excellent steaks. Very expensive. Dinner for two, one cocktail each, one mid-level bottle of wine ($78), one dessert, tip >$300
- Top Notch Every TimeChimChimDined on 10/21/2014Dining at The Capital Grille never disappoints, be it in KofP or elsewhere. I've never had anything but exception service from the well trained staff and the food is always prepared in exceptional fashion from the steak that is a perfect medium rare to the cheesy twice bake potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayGemDined on 10/18/2014It was my husbands birthday and the personalized service and attention to detail was extrodinary. They had a hand written card, table scatter, knew his name and that it was his birthday, and provided a beautiful dessert customized to the occasion. A total package, wonderful way to spend the evening. Thank you!!Special Features:
- Highlight of my birthday!CestJoieDined on 10/13/2014Aside from one of my dearest friends secretly gracing me with his presence, CG did everything right from start-finish of my dinner to ensure it was special. Our server Nicholas, has the perfect blend of qualities to possess in the world of fine dining. He was patient, attentive, knowledgeable, lighthearted and thorough. I don't remember having to ask him for a single thing! He's amazing! Thank you for a wonderful experience Capital Grille KOP!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid ChainOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/13/2014We have a number of great restaurateurs around Philadelphia but there is a time and place for a chain. Hoping off the highway for a solid lunch is a good example. I prefer to skip the formal dining room and grab a burger or entrée salad in the bar area. The televisions at the bar offset the old-fashioned décor. Enjoy the reliably good food and generally well trained staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital GrillBetteMctDined on 10/12/2014Last minute made a reservation for my husbands birthday, filled that in and when we arrived the table was decorated for his birthday with a card. They treated us so special and brought him a dessert with candle at the end! Excellent meal and superb bottle of wine! What an awesome night-thanks Capital Grill, perfect service, food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- reservations?crphillyVIPDined on 10/11/2014Having to wait just short of 30 minutes to be seated when you have a reservation is not good. Otherwise I like this location better than downtown.
- Excellent but ExpensiveBuntzVIPDined on 10/6/2014My wife and I enjoyed Capitol Grille very much, as we have in other locations around the country. My wedge salad was good and my steak was nicely prepared between medium rare and medium, as I like it. Her scallops were delicious. Just recognize that you pay top dollar here, equivalent to anything in Philly, and everything is a la carte. Our side of golden beets with goat cheese was very tasty and should be at $13. Service and ambience are what you would expect from an upscale steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014The lobster bisque was exquisite. The breads were wonderful. Service and entrees were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect for our AnniversarycapbestplaceDined on 10/1/2014Super great service and Friendly staff great food and drink and upscale atmosphereI would recommend this to a friend.
- jacksterDined on 9/30/2014We had a wonderful dining experience. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always well worth itKenLauVIPDined on 9/27/2014We lucked out last Saturday night when our reservation happened to be during Restaurant Week in King of Prussia. At the measley cost of $40 each for three courses and sides to share, we enjoyed the stellar steaks, as usual. The flourless chocolate espresso cake was that night's special dessert. OMG...it was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MimosamamaVIPDined on 9/25/2014I had mentioned that we were celebrating our wedding anniversary when I made the reservation, and we were pleasantly surprised with special things they did for us. We were taken to a table in a quiet corner that had Rose petals and little red hearts on it, along with a placard that said "Happy Anniversary!" The server was very attentive, and when the dessert arrived it was on a plate with chocolate writing which also wished us a happy anniversary. Our server took a nice photo of us and presented it to us in a special folio. We didn't know they were running a restaurant week special, but the $40 three course menu appealed to us. We both enjoyed the filet mignon, mashed potatoes and beans. It was a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as Good Second TimeCamaro2012Dined on 9/20/2014Food quality is excellent but steaks / fish are not seasoned and sauces not offered. Restaurant area a bit noisy but bar area nice. Service was not good and surprisingly rushed. Will not head back any time soon. So much for a memorable 30th year anniversary.Special Features:
- High End Steak ChainTravelLynnDined on 9/19/2014We had a good experience at Capital Grille. It was better than Morton's but not as good as Ruth's Chris. My husband had the Delmonico Steak. Cooked properly. Good, but not great. I had the Chilean Sea Bass. Cooked correctly but had 0 seasoning and was sitting in liquid from the tomatoes they paired it with (tomatoes and sea bass?). The liquid made it soggy & cold. Had to move the fish to my bread plate to eat it. The server was attentive & suggested a good wine pairing. Nice atmosphere & decor inside. Pricey but we had a $100 gift card. Would not go back if we had to pay full price. The Lobster Mac & Cheese, our side, was better than my sea bass.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceJamiRDined on 9/19/2014Great dinner and excellent service beyond our expectations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over all just OkJdipp8818Dined on 9/19/2014I have been to The Capital Grille many, many times and I have never had a bad experience. This recent time was a little different. The other times I was with big groups but this time I was just my boyfriend and I for our 5 year anniversary. Our waiter didn't ask if it was a special occasion but he asked the couple next to us. I ordered a salad and the waiter apparently didn't hear me say it or something. Once he came back I reminded him about the salad and he did apologize and got one immediately. I felt like we did not get the best service that we had before. Maybe my boyfriend and I looked "younger" then the couples around but that doesn't mean we wouldn't tip well. I'm upset about the service but still love the food and will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beef, it's what's for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/16/2014It was one of the best steaks I've ever had, hands down. And I do love my beef. Come here and you won't go wrong.Special Features:
- CAPITAL time at CAPITAL GRILLEDRHBRVIPDined on 9/13/2014The CAPITAL GRILLE (KoP) is among our favorite restaurants in the entire Philadelphia region. (We find the downtown a bit slow in seeding and the valet service is weak). the atmosphere is most pleasant, the service from maître d', to waiters, and busboys, always efficient and pleasant. In honor of my wifes bday, we were greeted with a rose pedalled covered table, a nice bdaycard and complimentary dessert. The food was uniformly excellent including the salmon and the lamb chops. Superb time. We shall return often.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerMartyk617Dined on 9/13/2014We had our 49th anniversary dinner at Capital Grill , it was wonderfull. Table had rose petals and hearts as well as a personal hand written note. The total staff , receptionist , server and busboy all went out of their way to wish us a happy anniversary and make the evening memorable. Food was great ! All in all a great night and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was TOP NOTCHOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014This was not our first time at a Capital Grille, though our first at this location. We already had high expectations of the food and they were met. The service was above and beyond what was expected and made us feel extra special on our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- to busy at kitchen boothspikesgirlDined on 9/11/2014We went for a special occasion, and I did not specify a special seating area. We therefore ended up at a booth in front of the kitchen (one of three). It wasn't especially noisy, but since it is open to the dining area, the constant motion of the waiters getting their food orders was distracting.Special Features: