The Capital Grille - King of Prussia
236 Mall Blvd
King of Prussia, PA 19406Neighborhood:
King of Prussia
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - King of Prussia
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 6102651415x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Raymond Bell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Private dining rooms can accommodate up to 30 guests.
A word from The Capital Grille - King of Prussia
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located at the King of Prussia Mall.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Capital Grille - King of Prussia - Best Restaurants in King of Prussia ›
The Capital Grille - King of Prussia reviews from OpenTable diners
226 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (175)notable wine list (117)fit for foodies (86)romantic (80)good for groups (58)great for lunch (39)vibrant bar scene (24)hot spot (22)neighborhood gem (21)great for outdoor dining (10)late-night find (7)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Gold StandardOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014Celebrated a BD and everyone from the hostess stand to everyone who visited our table acknowledged the BD and wished my wife well. Food and service were outstanding. Apps were Lobster M&C and Cesar Salad, Dinner was Filet and Balsamic Ribeye with Asparagus and Potatoes AG as sides. Not that we needed it, we received a sample of two desserts and some fruit with HBD spelled out in chocolate. James was our server and did an excellent job. Seating was a little close and there was a larger table that was sort of loud, but not dealbreakers. We try to go here at least 4 times a year. This is only 2 for 2014, so we will be back.Special Features:
- Lacking Value Last 2X ThereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Had whole lobster. Minuscule for what I paid and it was tough Last 2X there the service was lacking. This was my husband's 60th BDay and the sat us next to a pillar. Not Happy!! Believe me, I don't have time to write reviews, however, took the time for this. I do not mind the cost but I do expect great food a and service for it!
- Amazing food!!!tmak454Dined on 8/15/2014From the appetizers to the wine to the steaks, amazing. I got the steak au poivre and it was like butter. Great experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, but pricey!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014The Capital Grille is always a nice place to visit - but the prices are excessive. The food is good - but not that good!Special Features:
- Excellent Food and Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014When you book a table at the Capital Grille you expect excellent food and great service and this visit lived up to expectations. Everything was perfect from arriving to leaving. The Porcini rubbed Delmonico was cooked to perfection and our server gave us the time to relax, talk and eat all in the correct proportions. An excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceBullDined on 8/9/2014Celebrated our 33 - year wedding anniversary, a great place for a special occasion.qSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!ChuckVIPDined on 8/8/2014Overall I could not have been more pleased with our experience at the Capital Grille KOP. Great service from Kimberly all night. Thoroughly enjoyed the "Generous Pour" event and all of the food from the oysters, to the salad, the lobster, steak, and sides. Outstanding!Special Features:
- A repeat Lunch VenuekahunaDined on 8/8/2014This is a great respite in K of P. Food is good, atmosphere is super comfortable, but the service is outstanding - polished, friendly, professional, well timed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 6 stars for the cakeLunchLoverDined on 8/5/2014We thought it couldn't get any better than the Maine Lobster Salad ..... until we got to the chocolate cake - WOW. Needless to say, it was a wonderful lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christine the manager...DonnaVIPDined on 8/4/2014Great service as always at lunch yesterday by Ruthie & Christine the manager is always on top of her game & amazing!Special Features:
- Fails the basicsJMAZurichDined on 8/3/2014A few weeks ago I wrote a review that pointed out that the on most of my previous several trips my steak, ordered rare, came out way overcooked. I decided to give them on more chance, fully aware of the other 3 high end steak houses in the area. I regret to say that I had the same experience this trip- ordered rare and came out medium well. As with last time, the wine and service was great, and obviously they were very apologetic and fixed the problem literally within minutes-- but how does this consistently happen? The one thing that a steakhouse should do correctly is cook a steak to order, unfortunately it doesn't appear to be possible here. Looks like I will be giving Morton's and the others a closer look on future trips.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentmkaminDined on 8/3/2014Capital Grille has always been and continues to be my favorite steak house. They never disappoint. In fact, they go above and beyond to make sure everything - atmosphere, comfort level, drinks, food, service, etc. - is absolutely perfect.Special Features:
- Great service compliments menuChrisVIPDined on 8/3/2014The menu is pretty standard for a steak house, but Capital Grille always prepares the food perfectly. I have taken people there during lunch, dinner, for business meetings and events and the food is always very good and consistent. This particular visit, my wife and I took our four children (ages 13, 11, 11, 11) to the celebrated my wife's birthday and our triplets birthday from the day before. Without requesting anything special, our waiter, Bill had the chef prepare some special desserts for all of us. Quite thoughtful of him and very nice of the restaurant. Bill and the staff at the restaurant are what makes this place an excellent establishment that is worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingDoubletroubleDined on 7/31/2014Capital Grille in King of Prussia is by far one of my favorite restaurants. They totally out did themselves for my twins Sweet 16!! Table decorated with confetti, hand written birthday cards, yes hand written, dessert with candles, and a picture in a frame of our table. Our Head Waiter, Bill was outstanding. Thank you so much for a memorable evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulFlygirl5VIPDined on 7/30/2014...There was a nice crowd on a Wednesday afternoon. I can't wait to return...Special Features:
- Carnivore's DreamDananwineDined on 7/29/2014We have had several meals at this restaurant, and I must say they have always been superb. The steaks and wine and service were all top shelf.Special Features:
- ExcellentDocbellDined on 7/28/2014We had out 19th Wedding anniversary dinner at the Capital Grille King of Prussia. One of the best anniversaries so far!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital GrillPickyeaterVIPDined on 7/27/2014The food is excellent – service is very good, however they do rush you quite a bit. – at an expensive restaurant you want to savor the experience- not be hurried alongSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatPopsKDined on 7/26/2014We love the Capital Grille, great food, drink and service. Never fails to satisfy, thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectspecialplace11Dined on 7/26/2014Great experience. Great food. I had the summer wine special where the waitress matched my wine with each course. The pairings were fabulous. Highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbAndorraGirlDined on 7/25/2014We had a wonderful dinner and wine tasting with our family. Nothing is more important to me than family and I am thrilled that the waiter respected our family gathering. Because we have a difficult last name, I introduced everyone at the table by their first name and Matthew, our waiter, remembered and addressed all of us by name. He did not interrupt a conversation, was always polite and offered excellent menu suggestions. Customer service is so important these days and Matthew is the consummate professional. This is the service I expect at a restaurant, but sadly do not always receive at some other restaurants, and I am pleased to say it was provided at The Capital Grille. It made for a very pleasant evening. Thank you.Special Features:
- Fantastic!NickVIPDined on 7/24/2014Our experience at The Capital Grille is always top notch! The team always goes out of their way to recognize our special occasion, and the food is out of this world. Our server Nicole is fabulous. I would recommend to everyone if you're looking for a great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - watch your wine.JoelVIPDined on 7/21/2014We always enjoy the exceptional food and service at this restaurant. Our only, consistent complaint is their practice of trying to run through the wine to force another bottle. Rather than let the table allocate the bottle of wine based on who is drinking it, they will work to empty the bottle by looking at glasses. Not an issue at most restaurants, but given the wine prices, I find the practice distasteful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experienceMimiVIPDined on 7/18/2014We had a wonderful birthday celebration! The food was delicious, just as we expected and our server Diana was wonderful. We allowed her to make our wine selections for the Generous Pour event and we were not disappointed. Great wines, great food, great server, roses on the table for the birthday girl, what more could you ask for? Truffle fries? We had them, too!!!Special Features:
- Celebratory Dinner!SassyDinerDined on 7/17/2014It was a significant birthday for my husband. Capital Grille service is always exceptional, yet I have to say, it was even beyond exceptional this evening. Our server, Alycia, made the evening very special by making the table festive, being very attentive and just fun to chat with. We did The Generous Pour Summer Wine Event getting to sample various wines that complimented with our food order. And again, our meal was fantastic. The whole evening was delicious, festive and very memorable.Special Features:
- Dinner review July 16redwineDined on 7/16/2014Overall, experience was ok. For $100 per person you can do much better. All three of us ordered the 10 ounce filet for $42. It wasn't exceptional and one was overcooked. Didn't bother to mention. In addition, cream spinach was served warm and not hot. Wait staff was fine but the manager came by to check on use by introducing themselves and interrupting our conversation. Felt forced and awkward. This is my fourth time visit and all have been acceptable but don't great as you would expect. They aren't differentiating themselves at least not for me. Wont be back for a while. Better value elsewhere unless your into saying you ate at the CG.Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantsouthphillygirlVIPDined on 7/13/2014Wanted an early evening dinner with my Mom and son. Great filet mignon cooked to perfection. Sides were delicious. Cannot wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital PlaceDRHBRVIPDined on 7/12/2014The Capital Grille (KoP) is reliable for friendly prompt seating in a most agreeable atmosphere. The steaks are perfectly prepared with present "Generous Pour" wine selections a very good value for excellent wines (small glass sampling for total of 7 wines- 3 white, 4 reds). The service was enthusiastic but rushed at the beginning of the meal with wines and appetizer (an overly spicy/ hot pepper filled calamari) being delivered while I was trying to enjoy my pre meal Manhattan. We were not informed of the specials until hearing them recited elsewhere, once we had already place our dinner order. Despite that, overall enjoyable per usual. (The "generous pour" (per glass)is not really generous, but still a good value at 25/person.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningClaireDined on 7/10/2014We love everything about Capital Grille. So for our 43rd Anniversary we went there to celebrate. It did not disappoint. A perfect evening.Special Features:
- Another great visitDaveDined on 7/10/2014Great service and food consistently delivered. Love the fact that they remember my preferred waiter and that they swap the napkins between black and white based on the color of your pants.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/10/2014A great place for lunch. The plates are excellent valueSpecial Features:
- Great foodFolsDined on 7/5/2014This is one of my favorite places to dine in KofP. I only had one bad experience - it was durimg Restaurant Week and due to a specific waitress who treated three teachers as seond class citizens. Add to that - the wate staff piced up her slack.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service!BrewlabsDined on 7/3/2014Group of 4 for a birthday celebration. The service was wonderful. Good selection of steaks and seafood. Everyone loved the lobster bisque. Wine list was excellent - but as a beer guy the selection is pretty pathetic. They brought a complimentary special birthday dessert plate at the end.Special Features:
- Always greatDinerDebDined on 7/2/2014I often bring my business colleagues to Capital Grill and again this time it was fabulous and everyone enjoyed the wonderful food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBilLonguaDined on 7/1/2014Like dining in a fine downtown restaurant, the KOP Capital Grille is a great execution of high end dining. The steak was one of the best I've had and the service was top notch (Brittney was our server). As good as any place I've been to in Chicago or Philly. Definitely transcends its Mall location....Special Features:
- Always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/1/2014Best restaurant in KOP. Service was great and everyone had a wonderful meal. Dessert we shared and they brought serving utensils with each dessert, very thoughtful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MidatlanticVIPDined on 6/30/2014Absolutely delicious fish entrees of sea bass and halibut. Excellent service. Great smoked salmon appetizer, too.Special Features:
- BartDined on 6/29/2014great experiance, dinner for 4 on a sunday night, we started with the seafood combination it was worth the 99 dollars great presentation and super fresh, entrees were two orders of filet mignon oscar, 1 filet mignon, 1 sea bass mashed potatoes and asparagus , desert combo ice cream, and chees cake everything with the exception of the asparagus was excellent. would not order that again large and tough, our drinks never went empty staff was continually making sure that we were ok and that everything was what we expected, I did not say anything about the asparagus as I did not feel that was that big an issue. the waiter staff was extremely helpful and attentive, I will look for the same server when we return ... was a great nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gilbert708Dined on 6/28/2014Was disappointed in the lobster tail that came with my steak two bite size pieces in some type of broth very odd and an overpriced add onSpecial Features:
- Great service and food.PMax1230Dined on 6/28/2014Great attention to service. Immediate responses to all our requests. Appetizers are excellent, steaks were perfect and make sure you sample the desserts as they are killer !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.