The Capital Grille - Jacksonville
5197 Big Island Drive, St. Johns Town Center
Jacksonville, FL 32246Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Jacksonville
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 9049979233x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am – 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday 5:00pm – 9:00pm, Monday - Thurs. 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday 4:00pm – 11:00pm, Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jared Gilbert
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Jacksonville
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located in St. Johns Town Center.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Capital Grille - Jacksonville - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville ›
The Capital Grille - Jacksonville reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (92)romantic (66)notable wine list (60)fit for foodies (53)good for groups (29)great for lunch (25)vibrant bar scene (16)great for outdoor dining (13)neighborhood gem (13)hot spot (12)great for brunch (10)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- ExcellentPleasant1Dined on 8/29/2014Jason was excellent excellent excellent excellent excellent excellent excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Wine and Experience!crystallee26Dined on 8/29/2014We had a wonderful time with the family here. Service was fast and friendly. Thanks Gwen! Food was exceptional and cooked to temperature. There were 4 of us and 2 sides were the perfect size! Great time! Would have liked all the food on my plate to have been boxed though and not just the main dish. Once I got home I realized I was missing a side I added to the plate. Overall we had a lovely time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabAwesomeDined on 8/26/2014I am always hesitant to go to chains. You guys made this a mind-changer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy AnniversayAdolman44Dined on 8/19/2014For the past 4-5 years we have celebrated our anniversary at the Grille. Never disappointed. Always a fabulous experience. The soufflé isn't on the menu but call ahead and they will make you and your bride smile from ear to ear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night outDatenightDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I get very few date nights so we consider them precious. From the moment we arrived and had a drink at the bar till the moment we left the service was excellent. The steaks were cooked exactly the way we requested and the sides were delicious. Thank u for a successful date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 17th yr wedding anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014We decided to reserve dinner late Friday afternoon. I forgot to add in special notes that it was our 17th wedding anniversary. It was a pre-anniversary meal due to busy schedule on actual anniversary. When we arrived and were seated manager asked how were we and if we were celebrating an occasion. When we answered he said congrats and walked away. My wife stepped away to use the restroom. While she was gone, he brought a rose, card and sprinkled rose petals on the table. At the end of the meal we were given a free happy anniversary plate we assorted desserts. The service and good were spot on. We will be back in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyDiner1Dined on 8/13/2014Awesome food awesome service!!!!!! Nice evening for family and friends. Delicious food, great service, knowledgeable staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy the $25 POUR this month!yumyumVIPDined on 8/12/2014What can be better? Capital Grille's amazing filet with a smorgasbord of beautiful wines - they only do this once a year, I think. It's fun to sample and you know the selections are carefully chosen. Our waitress shared inside scoops as we tried each wine. Our filets were tender and perfectly cooked. The CG mac and cheese is incomparable. Topping off a great meal, they surprised us with a beautiful dessert sampler for my husband's birthday. We'll be back before the end of the month!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchJaxbeachessDined on 8/8/2014I took my girl friend there for lunch and enjoyed it. I'll go back for dinner for a special occasion in the future. The food was great. I had the steak frit and she had the scallops. Decent portions alsoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AbbyDined on 8/6/2014I've been to other Capital Grills and the service is always very good. However, Alex by far beat out the competition. He was attentive but not intrusive thus allowing us to have a wonderful dinner and conversation uninterrupted. The food was also superb; one of the specials was the bone-in filet and it didn't require a knife it was so tender. It is a pricier restaurant so not something I could do every day however well worth the money. Overall an excellent evening.Special Features:
- Always excellentsomerandomchickDined on 8/5/2014Capital Grille is our "go to" for special occasions. This time was my daughter's birthday, and they made her feel very special with some table decorations, complimentary champagne and appetizer. The food as always was excellent - the steaks were better than any other restaurant. The french onion soup and spinach salad were delicious. We also had a complimentary dessert (flourless chocolate cake and creme brulee flavored cheesecake). Both were amazing, and just enough after a large meal. We usually find the service to be outstanding, but on this particular occasion it was slightly less so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchHappyDiner1Dined on 8/5/2014Wonderful food, excellent service, pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:
- Excellent Snob appealJaxcat725Dined on 8/2/2014Very lush interior, ambiance was warm. Made reservations for 3, table set for 2. Ordered calamari for appetizer it was cold, greasy with the breading falling off. Then we found a nice chunk of grey cardboard in the food. The rest of the dinner was less than spectacular. The porterhouse was chewy. Asparagus overcooked. The truffle fries limp and cold. The filet was cooked perfectly, so they hot the right. We ate part of our meal, since the appetizer was an appetite suppressant and left. The waiter gave us his business card, why I don't know.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceJazzyJeffJaxDined on 8/2/2014Went for a celebration with 9 in our party. They set up a private room since we also had 2 toddlers. What at great idea. The toddlers had space to move around without running around the restaurant. The food and wine were excellent. The service was spot on. The only issue we had was one of our guests' filet was raw and was supposed to be medium. Other than that fantastic.Special Features:
- The bestanniversaryDined on 8/2/2014This is the best restaurant that I have been to in the United States. The only other place I've been to with better service is located in the Bahamas. I do not think that anything could ever come close to that service that we received there while on vacation. the food ever hadand they made us feel special the entire time to me my wife with them for anniversary. Now, is expensive, however it was worth every penny. My wife and I we're very pleased with the whole experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!JayJayDined on 8/1/2014The food is wonderful, the service excellent, and the ambiance is elegant, but not "stuffy." I consider this to be, by far, the best restaurant in Jacksonville.Special Features:
- Never FailsHodgesVIPDined on 7/27/2014This is one of the VERY few chain restaurants I will go to--and we are never disappointed! We had the special bone in filet (with added on lobster tails) and the special wine pairing/tasting and it was perfect. We always enjoy what we order, get great service (Josh at the bar) and have a great time--which is especially important when "investment dining"!! I love this place because it is consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BetterPickyEatersVIPDined on 7/25/2014This was our second visit to Capital Grille in the last 10 days. Glad we gave it a second change. Service was outstanding (as it should be) and the food was very good. Capital Grille is back on our list of favorites. We all got a glass of champagne as a special treat since it was our daughter's birthday. She also got a very tasty complimentary dessert. As I said, glad we gave it a second chance. The Grille used to be one of our favorites but we had stopped going due to poor service on busy nights. Unacceptable in restaurants of this categorySpecial Features:
- Generous Pour ReturnsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/25/2014Once again The Capital Grille is offering their Generous Pour. A great way to enjoy a variety of wines at a reasonable cost. Our server was very knowledgable offering good insight to the selection. The addition of the tenderloin to the lunch plates menu is very tasty. For a real treat don't miss the Flourless Chocolate Cake, not too sweet and oh so chocolatey!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchHyattDined on 7/16/2014One of my favorite spots for business lunches at the Town Center. Consistently delicious food coupled with fast and knowledgeable service.Special Features:
- nice birthday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2014Took my wife there for a birthday luncheon. As usual, food, service and atmosphere were very nice. Menu was a bit confusing as to what was included in the special plates. Of course, cost was $$$$ but was worth the cost for the elegant service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014We took my mother for her birthday and the staff was fabulous. She was given a card, the table was decorated, the manager even came by to say happy birthday. The dessert plate they gave her impressed her the most when it had happy birthday written in chaocolate. Dale, our waiter, was awesome and so was Matthew, the manager. We will definately go back.Special Features:
- AmazingAlliciaDined on 7/12/2014Everything was amazing. Be prepared to pay but it's well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best !OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2014This was our first visit to the Capital Grille. We went for our 30th anniversary . Everything was perfect! Such a pleasant surprise.Special Features:
- Wife's BirthdaymattgabeDined on 6/30/2014Very enjoyable evening. Thank you for the complementary lemon Vodka, appetizer and dessert! All were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations FulfilledMangiaDined on 6/30/2014Capital Grille is a great place to do some fine dining. The food is usually great with the exception of this particular night. This was especially surprising being my husband is a serious "pepper" fan but it was definitely overkill with the pepper gravy on his Delmonico. He actually had to scrap it off to even begin to taste his Delmonico. However, I must count this as a fluke because they have been the closest to perfection in all my past dining experiences! The lobster mac is the best I have ever had and the seafood tower is a sight to be seen as well as enjoyed! We also had a great waiter who was attentive and professional. So, if it fits your budget or you saved up for a special occasion you won't be let down. Bon appetite!Special Features:
- Good foodLikes2ChillDined on 6/27/2014Food was good, but I expected a little better for the price. Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital timeOrangeManDined on 6/27/2014Clearly a very good dining experience. The steaks were prepared well and flavorful. The sides were a little bland, like potatoes oscar. The desert menu has very few offerings and the coffee was mediocre at best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantdinnerfor2Dined on 6/26/2014This is a wonderful restaurant especially for a special occasion. We went for our anniversary and had great food and a wonderful dining experience. Definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best in JacksonvilleJayJayDined on 6/26/2014I brought 5 friends for dinner. The food was outstanding and the service was impeccable. I know I can always depend on the Grille to provide me with a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- HappyDiner1HappyDiner1Dined on 6/23/2014FABULOUS food and service. Good wine selections. Naomi was a superior waitress; She knows her wines and the food. She is ALWAYS kind, pleasant, and punctual. She is a delight! She is one of the MAIN reasons we dine at Capital Grille.Special Features:
- high endOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Amazing place, great steaks. If you want to treat someone to something special take them here. What a treat!Special Features:
- AwesomeLuvthisplaceVIPDined on 6/14/2014Awesome filets with lobster and crab. Went early for Father's Day. Awesome wine and dessert!Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantReviewVIPDined on 6/9/2014Favorite special occasion restaurant...treated special from the moment you walk in. So glad we have such a great restaurant that cares about the customer. Wait staff is excellent, such pride.Special Features:
- great as ussualcatfudDined on 6/7/2014great place excellent steak house. Always great food and wine. Best in JaxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Lunch!BDLikesToEatDined on 6/5/2014Celebrating the end of the school year for the kids and decided to take them to the Capital Grille for lunch. Great food and service was expected and delivered. Started with the calamari. Perfect. Really liked their presentation and mix with peppers. I had a cup of the lobster bisque. It was good but I've had better. But it had a lot of lobster in it. We all tried different meals. My wife had the lobster salad. My one daughter has the lobster roll. Both really liked their dishes. My other daughter and son had petite filet mignon - perfect. I had the ribeye steak sandwich which was very good. One thing I would change would be to use real horseradish instead of the cream variety. No dessert. We all walked out full. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- capitalgrilleDined on 5/26/2014This was a great dining experience celebrating our anniversary. Great servive and Scott the waiter was excellentSpecial Features:
- What a difference a week makes!flatus32250Dined on 5/23/2014It's rather incredible what a difference a week makes. This last time I was there, the service and everything else was what one would EXPECT from Capital Grille. Special thanks to the manager and wait staff and even the hostess for all they did to make this a great experience and restore my trust in your restaurant. The steak was cooked great, mushrooms yummy, oysters were really great and appropriately sized, and salad was delicious too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LegendarySBuchananDined on 5/22/2014Came out with my girlfriend for a celebratory date night. Everything was perfect, from the service the valet provided to the epic level of care our waiter gave us. My filet could not have been any better, even beating out steaks I've had the pleasure of enjoying at some of New York's top steakhouses. Despite the restaurant's young age, you get the feel of walking in to an old school steakhouse one might find in New York, Chicago, or Boston.Special Features:
- One of two Jacksonville's bestRVerVIPDined on 5/17/2014The food as usual, we have been there often, was outstanding as usual. What set this night apart was the service. Could not have been better and more attentive than ever before.Special Features: