The Capital Grille - Jacksonville
5197 Big Island Drive, St. Johns Town Center
Jacksonville, FL 32246Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Jacksonville
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (904) 997-9233
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am – 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday 5:00pm – 9:00pm, Monday - Thurs. 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday 4:00pm – 11:00pm, Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jared Gilbert
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Jacksonville
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located in St. Johns Town Center.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Capital Grille - Jacksonville - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville ›
The Capital Grille - Jacksonville reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (113)notable wine list (78)romantic (66)fit for foodies (64)good for groups (39)great for lunch (24)vibrant bar scene (21)neighborhood gem (16)hot spot (12)great for outdoor dining (10)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- consistently great service and foodjeanneDined on 11/23/2014went in for a special anniversary dinner and were not disappointed! A nice card, champagne, and desert on the house were icing on the cake! best service around, water glass always full, and wait staff all exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Possibly the best meal I have ever had.FoodnaziVIPDined on 11/22/2014Try the baked stuffed lobster - unbelievably sweet and delicious. The drawn butter wasn't even needed. I can not even think of anything to complain about with this experience. Our server, Bill, was knowledgeable and was available without being intrusive. The whole staff made us feel welcome and our wishes important.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drove from Savannah, GaMrLong912Dined on 11/21/2014Drove all the way from Savannah, Ga for the experience and it was worth the effort. Staff was on point as always and our server, Lindsey Thomas was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capitol Grill can do no wrong!Kcon17VIPDined on 11/21/2014The food at Capitol Grill is always delicious but the price tag is not for the faint of heart. The Waygu burger and wine pairing special is a great deal @ $25. If you have a second glass of wine for $20, the bill quickly rises. Great food and service. Expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FLFOODVIPDined on 11/15/2014We enjoyed our dining experience. The food & service was excellent. The staff was very attentive to ensure we were delighted with our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/14/2014We took our family to Capital Grille for our sons 40th birthday. We had a great time! Lindsay was our server and she was outstanding! Thanks Capital Grille for making his birthday special with a special dessert, card and table decorations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food awesome serviceHappyDiner1VIPDined on 11/11/2014Once again, a nice place to celebrate a birthday. Great food and superior service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceTheGrizzDined on 11/10/2014Went to Capital Grille on a Monday night because we were in the area. We made a reservation through OpenTable so we were seated immediately. After being brought water and s a basket of bread, our server arrived with the wine list on an iPad. It was a nice way to see the wine list and we could click on each wine to get more detail. The restaurant specializes in dry-aged steaks so that is what we ordered. I got the sirloin while my wife got the sliced filet. For a side we ordered the twice-baked potato. Everything was cooked exactly as we had ordered it. Very tasty. The steaks were cooked well. They are not heavily seasoned like some restaurants, so be ready for that if you dine here. Service was great. Give this place a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014This was our first visit to The Capital Grille and it was wonderful. The service and food was excellent. They really made our celebration very special. Can't wait to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic SteakhouseDaveDined on 11/4/2014Four of us had dinner there this week. The menu is classis steakhouse - aged beef, typical al la carte sides and appetizers. The steaks were tasty and fairly expensive. Not recommended for anyone on a budget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grille consistencyDsaltzDined on 11/3/2014Another great meal at Capital Grille. Great steaks (of course), outstanding yet unobtrusive service and an outstanding atmosphere. Capital Grille never disappoints.Special Features:
- over pricedtpt1002Dined on 11/1/2014The service was excellent, everyone is very cordial and while the food was good, it is very overpriced. Tomato, mozzarella, basil salad with balsamic vinegar was good but nothing special. The steak (filet mignon for me, porterhouse for my date) was excellent, but the twice baked potato was just okay....again, nothing special. for what was charged, I would expect outstanding, not just okay. No appetizers, no dessert, no alcohol and the bill for two was $130.00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but ExpensiveFoodieLuvDined on 10/31/2014I went on a date here and it was a great restaurant with great food! The food was a very expensive. I shared a dish and it worked out great and cut the cost a little.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/30/2014The food, service and ambience were excellent. Our server, Adam was especially good. Out of character I selected the lamb... it was fantastic!Special Features:
- celebration timeHappyDiner1VIPDined on 10/23/2014Capital Grille was the perfect place for our celebration. Great food and service. The staff was just as happy for us which made the night even better.Special Features:
- Not Necessarily Business FriendlyEmmaskyeVIPDined on 10/21/2014As a table of 7 at a business function, service started out great. Then, as the restaurant got busy, we were seemingly forgotten. By the time we ordered coffee and dessert, the coffee was cold before the desserts came. My steak was over cooked. Pretty disappointing.
- birthday celebrationReviewVIPDined on 10/17/2014Celebrating a birthday at the Capital Grille is definitely a celebration -- thank you for making the day so special. Great food, great service and so enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatKeithVIPDined on 10/16/2014Delicious food, great service. Quiet enough for conversation yet energeticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good AgainHappyDiner1VIPDined on 10/16/2014Excellent service, superior food, pleasant atmosphere! A nice evening out from a hectic work day!Special Features:
- Favorite lunch spotHyattVIPDined on 10/16/2014This is one of my favorite spots for business lunches. Superb service. Good atmosphere. Quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Jax RestaurantDinnerDivaDined on 10/13/2014Our friends were celebrating their 51 wedding anniversary and on the table lay a beautiful long stemmed red rose and the table was decorated with small red hearts. We were given a glass of champagne and a signature appetizer...The steaks were cooked to perfection and my lobster was perfectly prepared. Our server was attentive and most helpful. The wine list is extensive!Special Features:
- Great Food, service and ambianceAPF1VIPDined on 10/10/2014This was my and my husbands first visit to "The Capitol Grill" and we were not disappointed. We were greeted by a smiling hostess and when it was discovered that it would take a few minutes before our table would be ready we were offered glass of champagne to enjoy while we waited. Our Waitress was pleasant, attentative and professional. My husband was very pleased with his dry aged steak and I think the tuna I ordered was the best sushi grade tuna I've had. I ordered it rare and melted in my mouth. The spinach salad was also quite good as were the scalloped potatoes. We will certainly be returning to the Capitol Grill and will be recommending it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Anniversary DinnerEdzoNowDined on 10/10/2014We had a great evening: nice dinner & great service. Marc Mueller our server was very attentive and helped make our anniversary dinner special.Special Features:
- Great spot for a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2014My wife and I went here on our first anniversary and we had a phenomenal time. The staff was very nice and had set up and decorated a table for us. During our dinner two managers stopped by, wished us a happy anniversary and asked if there was anything they could get for us. The food was amazing, the service was fantastic and the restaurant itself had a nice ambiance and was not noisy at all. It was a great experience and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerRepeatVIPDined on 10/6/2014First time visit for a employee who was celebrating her birthday, she was treated like royalty. Her statement eas this the best mac n cheese I've ever had in my life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOut4foodDined on 10/4/2014Great décor, great food, great service. Expensive, but you won't mind.Special Features:
- Another visit...Danshe2Dined on 10/2/2014This is our 6th (?) visit to Capital Grille. As with the previous visits it was nothing short of fantastic. The food and service is phenomenal. It is still our favorite place to dine in Jacksonville FL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The good and the badPVBGourmandDined on 9/27/2014While the food was good, it was certainly overpriced. We loved the cold seafood appetizer which was enough to share for the 3 of us. But, we asked for horseradish which never arrived and we needed more cocktail sauce which was not noticed. It was fairly noisy in the area we were seated in (opposite the kitchen). I loved the fries and even took home the leftovers. The peppercorn sauce on my filet was creamy and I'm sure loaded with calories. We won't be back because of the prices and the fact that it is a 20 minute drive from our home.Special Features:
- Very disappointingcataleenDined on 9/27/2014Went to celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary with three other people. We were extremely disappointed in the service and treatment we received. We had just been there in early September for my birthday so we know what to expect. My husband had to go to the bar to give the bartender the order for a drink. Not what we expected. Will not return.Special Features:
- Capital Grille #1 Steak in North FLNanseeVIPDined on 9/26/2014What was always a great restaurant in St Johns Town Center now is even better. A new improved highly professional management team led by Dan Skweres kicked it up a notch. From the moment the four of us walked in we were greeted by various management and seated at our requested table. The large bone in filet delicious, Thick Alaskan Halibut, rarely found on menus was totally fabulous.Special Features:
- ImpeccableBocaBoomerVIPDined on 9/25/2014Capital Grille remains my first choice for a fine dining business lunch experience. From the hostess greeting to the waiter's thanks and everything in between, was exceptional. Great food served correctly, coupled with a professional staff made for a most enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- Fabulousdinnerfor2Dined on 9/14/2014Another fine meal at this wonderful restaurant. Food, wine, wait staff, chef--it is a fabulous combination of perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOMEbowlingVIPDined on 9/13/2014Candace at the bar is an absolute treasure. The food is EXTRAORDINARY, the service is EXTRAORDINARY...our favorite place to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bland steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The seared tenderloin had little flavor. Needed sessoning.Special Features:
- 35th anniversaryJaxdinerDined on 9/5/2014Third year in a row we have celebrated anniversary at Capital Grille in Jacksonville. Service and food have always been excellent, very nice personal touches (card signed by staff, special handling due to special occasion, phone calls, etc.) Donna had the bone in Kona steak, I had the Chilean Sea Bass, also we had the smoked salmon appetizer, all excellent, one of our favorite dining destinations. Also, our service was wonderful, Ginny and the management team were very attentive. Thank you Capital Grille for another memorable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JagwheelDined on 9/5/2014great food....one of the best steaks I have ever hadSpecial Features:
- ExcellentPleasant1Dined on 8/29/2014Jason was excellent excellent excellent excellent excellent excellent excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Wine and Experience!crystallee26Dined on 8/29/2014We had a wonderful time with the family here. Service was fast and friendly. Thanks Gwen! Food was exceptional and cooked to temperature. There were 4 of us and 2 sides were the perfect size! Great time! Would have liked all the food on my plate to have been boxed though and not just the main dish. Once I got home I realized I was missing a side I added to the plate. Overall we had a lovely time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabAwesomeDined on 8/26/2014I am always hesitant to go to chains. You guys made this a mind-changer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy AnniversayAdolman44Dined on 8/19/2014For the past 4-5 years we have celebrated our anniversary at the Grille. Never disappointed. Always a fabulous experience. The soufflé isn't on the menu but call ahead and they will make you and your bride smile from ear to ear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.