The Capital Grille - Jacksonville
5197 Big Island Drive, St. Johns Town Center
Jacksonville, FL 32246Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Jacksonville
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 9049979233x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am – 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday 5:00pm – 9:00pm, Monday - Thurs. 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday 4:00pm – 11:00pm, Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jared Gilbert
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Jacksonville
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located in St. Johns Town Center.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Capital Grille - Jacksonville - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville ›
The Capital Grille - Jacksonville reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (101)notable wine list (68)romantic (66)fit for foodies (60)good for groups (31)great for lunch (27)vibrant bar scene (18)neighborhood gem (15)great for outdoor dining (12)hot spot (12)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- birthday celebrationReviewVIPDined on 10/17/2014Celebrating a birthday at the Capital Grille is definitely a celebration -- thank you for making the day so special. Great food, great service and so enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatKeithVIPDined on 10/16/2014Delicious food, great service. Quiet enough for conversation yet energeticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good AgainHappyDiner1Dined on 10/16/2014Excellent service, superior food, pleasant atmosphere! A nice evening out from a hectic work day!Special Features:
- Favorite lunch spotHyattDined on 10/16/2014This is one of my favorite spots for business lunches. Superb service. Good atmosphere. Quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Jax RestaurantDinnerDivaDined on 10/13/2014Our friends were celebrating their 51 wedding anniversary and on the table lay a beautiful long stemmed red rose and the table was decorated with small red hearts. We were given a glass of champagne and a signature appetizer...The steaks were cooked to perfection and my lobster was perfectly prepared. Our server was attentive and most helpful. The wine list is extensive!Special Features:
- Great Food, service and ambianceAPF1VIPDined on 10/10/2014This was my and my husbands first visit to "The Capitol Grill" and we were not disappointed. We were greeted by a smiling hostess and when it was discovered that it would take a few minutes before our table would be ready we were offered glass of champagne to enjoy while we waited. Our Waitress was pleasant, attentative and professional. My husband was very pleased with his dry aged steak and I think the tuna I ordered was the best sushi grade tuna I've had. I ordered it rare and melted in my mouth. The spinach salad was also quite good as were the scalloped potatoes. We will certainly be returning to the Capitol Grill and will be recommending it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Anniversary DinnerEdzoNowDined on 10/10/2014We had a great evening: nice dinner & great service. Marc Mueller our server was very attentive and helped make our anniversary dinner special.Special Features:
- Great spot for a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2014My wife and I went here on our first anniversary and we had a phenomenal time. The staff was very nice and had set up and decorated a table for us. During our dinner two managers stopped by, wished us a happy anniversary and asked if there was anything they could get for us. The food was amazing, the service was fantastic and the restaurant itself had a nice ambiance and was not noisy at all. It was a great experience and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerRepeatVIPDined on 10/6/2014First time visit for a employee who was celebrating her birthday, she was treated like royalty. Her statement eas this the best mac n cheese I've ever had in my life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOut4foodDined on 10/4/2014Great décor, great food, great service. Expensive, but you won't mind.Special Features:
- Another visit...Danshe2Dined on 10/2/2014This is our 6th (?) visit to Capital Grille. As with the previous visits it was nothing short of fantastic. The food and service is phenomenal. It is still our favorite place to dine in Jacksonville FL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The good and the badPVBGourmandDined on 9/27/2014While the food was good, it was certainly overpriced. We loved the cold seafood appetizer which was enough to share for the 3 of us. But, we asked for horseradish which never arrived and we needed more cocktail sauce which was not noticed. It was fairly noisy in the area we were seated in (opposite the kitchen). I loved the fries and even took home the leftovers. The peppercorn sauce on my filet was creamy and I'm sure loaded with calories. We won't be back because of the prices and the fact that it is a 20 minute drive from our home.Special Features:
- Very disappointingcataleenDined on 9/27/2014Went to celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary with three other people. We were extremely disappointed in the service and treatment we received. We had just been there in early September for my birthday so we know what to expect. My husband had to go to the bar to give the bartender the order for a drink. Not what we expected. Will not return.Special Features:
- Capital Grille #1 Steak in North FLNanseeVIPDined on 9/26/2014What was always a great restaurant in St Johns Town Center now is even better. A new improved highly professional management team led by Dan Skweres kicked it up a notch. From the moment the four of us walked in we were greeted by various management and seated at our requested table. The large bone in filet delicious, Thick Alaskan Halibut, rarely found on menus was totally fabulous.Special Features:
- ImpeccableBocaBoomerVIPDined on 9/25/2014Capital Grille remains my first choice for a fine dining business lunch experience. From the hostess greeting to the waiter's thanks and everything in between, was exceptional. Great food served correctly, coupled with a professional staff made for a most enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- Fabulousdinnerfor2Dined on 9/14/2014Another fine meal at this wonderful restaurant. Food, wine, wait staff, chef--it is a fabulous combination of perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOMEbowlingVIPDined on 9/13/2014Candace at the bar is an absolute treasure. The food is EXTRAORDINARY, the service is EXTRAORDINARY...our favorite place to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bland steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The seared tenderloin had little flavor. Needed sessoning.Special Features:
- 35th anniversaryJaxdinerDined on 9/5/2014Third year in a row we have celebrated anniversary at Capital Grille in Jacksonville. Service and food have always been excellent, very nice personal touches (card signed by staff, special handling due to special occasion, phone calls, etc.) Donna had the bone in Kona steak, I had the Chilean Sea Bass, also we had the smoked salmon appetizer, all excellent, one of our favorite dining destinations. Also, our service was wonderful, Ginny and the management team were very attentive. Thank you Capital Grille for another memorable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JagwheelDined on 9/5/2014great food....one of the best steaks I have ever hadSpecial Features:
- ExcellentPleasant1Dined on 8/29/2014Jason was excellent excellent excellent excellent excellent excellent excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Wine and Experience!crystallee26Dined on 8/29/2014We had a wonderful time with the family here. Service was fast and friendly. Thanks Gwen! Food was exceptional and cooked to temperature. There were 4 of us and 2 sides were the perfect size! Great time! Would have liked all the food on my plate to have been boxed though and not just the main dish. Once I got home I realized I was missing a side I added to the plate. Overall we had a lovely time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabAwesomeDined on 8/26/2014I am always hesitant to go to chains. You guys made this a mind-changer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy AnniversayAdolman44Dined on 8/19/2014For the past 4-5 years we have celebrated our anniversary at the Grille. Never disappointed. Always a fabulous experience. The soufflé isn't on the menu but call ahead and they will make you and your bride smile from ear to ear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night outDatenightDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I get very few date nights so we consider them precious. From the moment we arrived and had a drink at the bar till the moment we left the service was excellent. The steaks were cooked exactly the way we requested and the sides were delicious. Thank u for a successful date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 17th yr wedding anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014We decided to reserve dinner late Friday afternoon. I forgot to add in special notes that it was our 17th wedding anniversary. It was a pre-anniversary meal due to busy schedule on actual anniversary. When we arrived and were seated manager asked how were we and if we were celebrating an occasion. When we answered he said congrats and walked away. My wife stepped away to use the restroom. While she was gone, he brought a rose, card and sprinkled rose petals on the table. At the end of the meal we were given a free happy anniversary plate we assorted desserts. The service and good were spot on. We will be back in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyDiner1Dined on 8/13/2014Awesome food awesome service!!!!!! Nice evening for family and friends. Delicious food, great service, knowledgeable staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy the $25 POUR this month!yumyumVIPDined on 8/12/2014What can be better? Capital Grille's amazing filet with a smorgasbord of beautiful wines - they only do this once a year, I think. It's fun to sample and you know the selections are carefully chosen. Our waitress shared inside scoops as we tried each wine. Our filets were tender and perfectly cooked. The CG mac and cheese is incomparable. Topping off a great meal, they surprised us with a beautiful dessert sampler for my husband's birthday. We'll be back before the end of the month!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchJaxbeachessDined on 8/8/2014I took my girl friend there for lunch and enjoyed it. I'll go back for dinner for a special occasion in the future. The food was great. I had the steak frit and she had the scallops. Decent portions alsoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AbbyDined on 8/6/2014I've been to other Capital Grills and the service is always very good. However, Alex by far beat out the competition. He was attentive but not intrusive thus allowing us to have a wonderful dinner and conversation uninterrupted. The food was also superb; one of the specials was the bone-in filet and it didn't require a knife it was so tender. It is a pricier restaurant so not something I could do every day however well worth the money. Overall an excellent evening.Special Features:
- Always excellentsomerandomchickDined on 8/5/2014Capital Grille is our "go to" for special occasions. This time was my daughter's birthday, and they made her feel very special with some table decorations, complimentary champagne and appetizer. The food as always was excellent - the steaks were better than any other restaurant. The french onion soup and spinach salad were delicious. We also had a complimentary dessert (flourless chocolate cake and creme brulee flavored cheesecake). Both were amazing, and just enough after a large meal. We usually find the service to be outstanding, but on this particular occasion it was slightly less so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchHappyDiner1Dined on 8/5/2014Wonderful food, excellent service, pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:
- Excellent Snob appealJaxcat725Dined on 8/2/2014Very lush interior, ambiance was warm. Made reservations for 3, table set for 2. Ordered calamari for appetizer it was cold, greasy with the breading falling off. Then we found a nice chunk of grey cardboard in the food. The rest of the dinner was less than spectacular. The porterhouse was chewy. Asparagus overcooked. The truffle fries limp and cold. The filet was cooked perfectly, so they hot the right. We ate part of our meal, since the appetizer was an appetite suppressant and left. The waiter gave us his business card, why I don't know.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceJazzyJeffJaxDined on 8/2/2014Went for a celebration with 9 in our party. They set up a private room since we also had 2 toddlers. What at great idea. The toddlers had space to move around without running around the restaurant. The food and wine were excellent. The service was spot on. The only issue we had was one of our guests' filet was raw and was supposed to be medium. Other than that fantastic.Special Features:
- The bestanniversaryDined on 8/2/2014This is the best restaurant that I have been to in the United States. The only other place I've been to with better service is located in the Bahamas. I do not think that anything could ever come close to that service that we received there while on vacation. the food ever hadand they made us feel special the entire time to me my wife with them for anniversary. Now, is expensive, however it was worth every penny. My wife and I we're very pleased with the whole experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!JayJayDined on 8/1/2014The food is wonderful, the service excellent, and the ambiance is elegant, but not "stuffy." I consider this to be, by far, the best restaurant in Jacksonville.Special Features:
- Never FailsHodgesVIPDined on 7/27/2014This is one of the VERY few chain restaurants I will go to--and we are never disappointed! We had the special bone in filet (with added on lobster tails) and the special wine pairing/tasting and it was perfect. We always enjoy what we order, get great service (Josh at the bar) and have a great time--which is especially important when "investment dining"!! I love this place because it is consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BetterPickyEatersVIPDined on 7/25/2014This was our second visit to Capital Grille in the last 10 days. Glad we gave it a second change. Service was outstanding (as it should be) and the food was very good. Capital Grille is back on our list of favorites. We all got a glass of champagne as a special treat since it was our daughter's birthday. She also got a very tasty complimentary dessert. As I said, glad we gave it a second chance. The Grille used to be one of our favorites but we had stopped going due to poor service on busy nights. Unacceptable in restaurants of this categorySpecial Features:
- Generous Pour ReturnsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/25/2014Once again The Capital Grille is offering their Generous Pour. A great way to enjoy a variety of wines at a reasonable cost. Our server was very knowledgable offering good insight to the selection. The addition of the tenderloin to the lunch plates menu is very tasty. For a real treat don't miss the Flourless Chocolate Cake, not too sweet and oh so chocolatey!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchHyattDined on 7/16/2014One of my favorite spots for business lunches at the Town Center. Consistently delicious food coupled with fast and knowledgeable service.Special Features: