The Capital Grille - Indianapolis
40 W. Washington Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (317) 423-8790
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am – 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:30pm, Friday – Saturday: 5:00pm –11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Troy Roberts
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Indianapolis
You are cordially invited to join us to experience relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business meeting, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our team has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located adjacent to The Conrad Hotel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Capital Grille - Indianapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
The Capital Grille - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (104)notable wine list (69)romantic (63)fit for foodies (49)good for groups (41)great for lunch (18)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (15)great for brunch (12)neighborhood gem (9)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Our waiter Harry Walker was awesome!Jimbo88Dined on 11/20/2014Probably the best experience ever at any Capital Grille. Harry Walker made our business dinner perfect and never rushed us and was always close by to answer any questions or requests. The food was great from the appetizer to the awesome desserts. Thank you Capital Grille!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak & Eggs!IndyYelpEliteMJWDined on 11/19/2014This is the best place I know for steak and eggs! The 10 oz dry aged sirloin is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, loved the atmosphere and food.judiDined on 11/16/2014This experience reminded me of dining in Chicago. It's expensive, but worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations not so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I made Reservation for 8:30 pm on line the night before. We got seated at 9:20 pm. The waiter was great, but your hosting staff was clueless... Tell the manager when he is saying goodnight to his customers leaving his restaurant not to apologize for a steak that was not cooked the way that customer asked for it to be cooked.. Not in front of my family that has been waiting almost an hour to be seated. Thanks for the deserts and the free appetizers. One more thing the wine lockers are cool but I would make the bar larger coming into the restaurant so the people waiting feel welcomed instead of feeling like there in the way with all the staff going buy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of town guests.....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014I had friends in from Chicago and they chose The Capitol Grille after reading my post on Facebook about a wonderful evening I had with friends New Year's Eve 2013. As always, the experience was outstanding!Special Features:
- jackOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2014Fantastic service followed up with perfectly done dishes, including the lobster mac and cheese, spinach, and multiple cuts ordered by the group. Everyone enjoyed their dishes and wine.Special Features:
- Good timeMorejanDined on 10/30/2014Our waiter, Julian, was great. He helped us celebrate our anniversary in style. My only disappointment is that the smallest steak (Filet) was 10 ounces - I can't eat that much meat in one go. My husband managed with no problem!Special Features:
- awesomepnayDined on 10/29/2014I like the ambiance!!I was looking for a fine dining restaurant in Indianapolis and my co worker suggested this restaurant.The service crew are friendly and they came to our table right away.We did not wait long for the food to be served.Food is superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobSeabeeDined on 10/24/2014Great food, service and atmosphere! My wife and I always go to Capitol Grill for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/22/2014Capital Grille is always beyond excellent! The service is awesome, and the food is definitely one of the best in the state. We go there every time we are downtown Indy. Definitely a favorite!! :)Special Features:
- Always GreatwsonVIPDined on 10/19/2014Have eaten there many times. Never disappointed. Great meal.Special Features:
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014We had a nice breakfast/lunch at the Capitol Grill. Very active and cool.
- Capital GrilleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2014The food was simply out of this world, from the appetizers through the main course to the dessert! The cocktails were also perfect and the service was top notch.Special Features:
- FavoriteJulieDined on 10/11/2014I found Capital Grille during Devour a few years ago and have loved it ever since! It has become 1, of not my favorite places to eat in Indy!! The service is always superb, the food is outstanding and the wine is very special!! I get there as often as I can!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!donworVIPDined on 10/10/2014The Capital Grille is one of my favorite restaurants for consistently excellent food and service. My friend had never been here, and she was very impressed with her delicious filet Oscar, cooked perfectly to rare. Our server graciously asked the kitchen if she could have an 8 oz. filet instead of a 12 oz., and they complied. My favorite lobster mac & cheese (listed as a side) was creamy, rich and delicious although there was a little less lobster than usual. Nevertheless, I couldn't finish it! Grilled asparagus was the perfect accompaniment. We skipped dessert but enjoyed excellent coffee, made our theater curtain with time to spare, with attentive but leisurely service. A lovely meal!Special Features:
- Great anniversary experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014We went for our 10th wedding anniversary. They seated us in a quiet corner, gave us an anniversary card with rose petals on the table, took a picture of us and gave us a keepsake. The server was the best I've had (and I am a critical patron), and the food was delicious. The lobster crab cake was excellent as well as the salmon. Will definitely there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/29/2014AWESOME. Michael and other staff were accommodating and made out of towners feel welcome to their city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dont go before game for breakfastBigdaddyVIPDined on 9/28/2014We arrived at 10:55 and were seated right away. We were given dinner menu's. After waiting 10 minutes for our server to arrive we asked about breakfast. We were told they had stop serving. This makes no sense since the resturant is located inside a hotel. After expressing disappointment. we asked for a lunch menu. After another 10 minute wait, our server returned with a lunch menu. Meal service seemed very slow. The food was fine, nothing epic. Service continued to be slow, even as we came to the end of our meal, we never saw our server and did not get refills on our drinks. They really missed the target. We will not return.
- Wonderful Evening In Indy!LollipopDined on 9/27/2014My college age son, husband, and I dined at The Capital Grille over my son's parent weekend and had a wonderful experience. Top notch service that was professional but not stuffy, incredible wine list, and delicious meal provided a great break from college fare for my son and a very pleasant evening for all of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed It!FromALDined on 9/27/2014Very nice dinner while in town for a Colts Game. Service was fabulous and they really pulled out all the stops as this was the first time we had a chance to celebrate the wife's birthday. Food was awesome - nice wine selection - we didn't want to get a full bottle this night so we both got a glass. They have some wonderful wines by the glass. That way both of us got what we wanted..... Thanks for a great evening.Special Features:
- Very GoodDinerDined on 9/27/2014As always we had a great experience! Never disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital GrilleUkfanDined on 9/26/2014The best dining experience that my wife & I have ever had by far. The entire experience could not have been any better. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is celebrating a special occasion b/c they will make it truly memorable.Special Features:
- botched supriseLastvisitDined on 9/23/2014I made reservations for 4 for a suprise for my husband. I told them it was his birthday and that he had no idea that we had another couple joining us. We were in town from St Louis and they live there and we had'nt seen them in 2 years. I specifically told them that when we arrived to say table for 2. I was assured that they would not ruin the suprise and have the table set for 2. We arrived and gave them the last name and the hostess said oh table for 4 you have guests joining you. Dead giveaway and suprise was lost. Secondly, we could never find our waiter. Very slow service. Food and wine was good service bad
- super duperhappycamperDined on 9/21/2014We had a delightful dining experience! It was my dad's 88th b-day and he loved the b-day card and the little candies decorating our table. Our waiter was the BEST! We were well taken care of, but not rushed. The food was yummy! Daddy received a b-day dessert, ample for the 4 of us to share. We also received a complimentary glass of bubbly at the end of our meal. We ALL will return to the Capital Grille. It was a fabulous way to celebrate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningHappyeaterDined on 9/20/2014We were in to celebrate our 15th anniversary and from the friendly Hostess to servers, wished us a happy anniversary. Our server was great and offered up some great ideas. Everyone was very attentive to our needs and allowed us a wonderful evening. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/18/2014Our first time to The Capital Grille and we will definitely return the next time we are in Indy!Special Features:
- AbbyVIPDined on 9/15/2014Very disappointed the filet I got came out cold!!! Very slow at getting seated!!! Didn't send it back because it would have made us late for the football game!!Special Features:
- Birthday GatheringOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We were attending a football game at Lucas Oil Stadium on Saturday 9/13/14 and were also celebrating my birthday. It was the perfect location for all of our family to meet then walk to the game. Our table was decorated with candy and also a card wishing me a Happy Birthday. We enjoyed the drinks and dinner and will come back when we are in Indianapolis again.Special Features:
- Capital GrilleMarloweDined on 9/13/2014Had a less than stellar dining experience. Waiter very attentive but charred over cooked steaks and fishy sea bass not acceptable especially at the prices charged.Special Features:
- Very Nice!DinningoutVIPDined on 9/11/2014Had a delightful meal for two. Good ambiance, food and service. You have to try the calamari, it is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWSOMEFoodie1Dined on 9/6/2014Took my wife for our 34th wedding Anniversary. Hearts on the table a card signed by the staff , and everyone that came to the table wished us Happy Anniversary. Great suggestions by Emily ShroyerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice EveningDrSteveDined on 8/31/2014We went to the Capital Grill on Saturday Evening, August 31, 2014 for our 17th wedding anniversary and my In-Laws 60th wedding anniversary. There were 7 of us, including my son, daughter-in-law and 7 year old grandson. My mother-in-law has a difficult time walking. When we arrived for our 7 PM reservations, they had our table completely in the back of the restaurant. When we told them she would not be able to walk that distance, they immediately got a table setup very close to the door in a smaller side room. There was no problem or hesitation with this change. Our meals were very good and prepared well. We had a wonderful evening and would recommend The Capital Grill in Indy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!lidapinkDined on 8/31/2014The food was very good, but not fancy. The steak was excellent and cooked to perfection. The lobster bisque and salad was very enjoyable. I loved the salad dressing. There was nothing remarkable about the side of mashed potatoes and green beans. But the service was excellent. The waiter was very knowledgeable about the wines. We took advantage of the "Generous Pour" wine deal that they had going on and the waiter took the time to share what he knew about the wines and paired them with our courses. He even split our soup and salad for us as we were sharing them. We had a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Highly recommend this place!DollBabyDined on 8/31/2014We had a party of six and everyone was pleased with the service, the food and the ambiance! The server made some great recommendations and the 18oz bone in sirloin was "to die for"!Special Features:
- only okayfairies19Dined on 8/30/2014I could pay 30 dollars and have a great flavorful steak at Harry and Izzy's. My steak at Capital Grille lacked flavor. I had to send it back when i first received it because it had a burnt on the bottom. Thr next steak lacked flavor but it wasnt burnt! For the price i have to say that i was not impressed by the food. My hostess was great.Special Features:
- Great food, Great serviceluvthexperienceDined on 8/30/2014The food was superb and the service was excellent! I would definitely recommend Capital Grille!Special Features:
- Great Service - Great FoodBmo4VIPDined on 8/30/2014As always the food & service was fantastic, Plus we made a late change in our reservations from 6 people to 8 - There was not a table for 8 available for the time we wanted. I call and the manager spoke to me and said he would make it work - it would probably be tight. When we got there he was able to sit a party that originally had 8 but only 6 showed so we were able to sit at a table for 8. Thank you = BradSpecial Features:
- Great NightKG21VIPDined on 8/30/2014I dined here last Saturday, and it was top notch. The service was incredible, the food was prepared perfectly, and the atmosphere was very smooth. I would definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!DonaldDined on 8/29/2014We came during devour downtown. The meal was wonderful and the waiter and the staff were attentive without being overbearing. I would recommend to anyone that wanted a nice comfortable atmosphere and great food.Special Features:
- Another fine dining experienceChefkenVIPDined on 8/29/2014Once again, we had a fine dining experience here. We mainly selected items from the promotional menu, but our wait staff made a good effort to let us know about upgrades to the regular items and options available for preparation. The service was timely and professional. The food was prepared well and was quite tasty. I would definitely recommend the restaurant to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.