The Capital Grille - I Drive
9101 International Drive, Suite 1000,
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - I Drive
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 4073704392x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am –4:00pm; Dinner: Monday– Thursday: 4:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Lounge: Open Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matthew Price
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - I Drive
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Capital Grille - I Drive - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
The Capital Grille - I Drive reviews from OpenTable diners
185 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (140)notable wine list (102)romantic (91)fit for foodies (79)good for groups (74)hot spot (26)vibrant bar scene (24)neighborhood gem (18)late-night find (15)great for outdoor dining (12)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Perfect!!Nm318Dined on 9/20/2014Great food cooked to perfection. The service is always impeccable.Special Features:
- Magical DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I had dinner there during Magical Dining Month. Our server was great and the food was amazing until our steaks came out. I asked for "medium" and was given "well done" Our server quickly took my plate and soon was brought another steak by someone else. Well this person had a little attitude and asked me to cut into it. However I didn't have any utensils. I told the server/cook that I'm sure it was fine. He left and I finally cut into my now "rare" steak. My question is why couldn't they get "medium" right? You are a steak house correct? Everything else from that night was wonderful except the steak. Magical dining hasn't been so magical.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made Magical Dining Month magical!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014I've never been to The Capital Grille before, and realistically the only reason I'd go is for something like Magical Dining Month. Three courses for $33? Cha-ching! So of course I took my boyfriend here for his birthday. The food was excellent, and the steak was on par with my favorite local steakhouse in downtown Orlando. Very diverse atmosphere too: families, couples, groups of friends; it was a hodgepodge of people. I could have done without this baby's random outbursts, but at least they were very short and happy outbursts. Also really helped that the Manhattan I ordered was stronger than I expected. What really struck me was the excellent service though! Attentive without smothering, and just chatty enough. Loved it.Special Features:
- Service lackingDanielM220Dined on 9/19/2014As a capital Grill client in other cities we were extremely disappointed. We had a bad table in the enterance high traffic area, constant bumping of our chairs, poor service from the waiter who was haard to find, had to ask for almost everything from bread dishes to flateware, water glasses went unfilled, we waited a long time to order and even longer for the food, when it finally arrived one dinner was missing. Then they forgot our potatoes and vegetables. All in all it was like eating in an upscale, expensive fast food restaurant with low paid help. We would have gotten better service at Chic-fil-A. Can not recommend.
- Magical Dining Month!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014Kona crusted steak was a delight, not a strong coffee taste at all. Something different. Really enjoyed our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our firstJerseyGirl1Dined on 9/18/2014We had an awesome dinner. It was nicer once it quieted down. The atmosphere was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/18/20147 local ladies on a girls night out in celebration of 3 birthdays. Capital Grille gave us the Royal Treatment. The food was fabulous, the service was amazing, we had a fantastic night. Thank you Capital Grille for a outstanding night!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 StarMikeGDined on 9/17/2014I paid for 5 star and they delivered. Only one thing I would change about the place. The bar is too busy to serve food at. Keep it for the socializing crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best that we were used toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/17/2014We waited over 30 minutes for a table even though we had a reservation. It was very busy and we just didn't feel like it was special at all this time. It's a great place usually.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014The wait staff was fabulous. The menu was spot on and our steak and wind recommended by the staff was awesome. I took my 16 year old daughter for her first visit and it was a good first impression.Special Features:
- Great food & ServicePaulMDined on 9/17/2014My wife & I had a great meal and our waiter (Jay) was attentive and friendly; I recommend Capitol Grill highly.Special Features:
- Amazing serviceDonDavDined on 9/17/2014This is the second year in a row that we visited The Capital Grille for my wife's birthday. Once again, the service was outstanding and the food was just as good.Special Features:
- Fine DiningMisbjaDined on 9/16/2014Just had probably the best meal we have had in Orlando. We had the Magical Dining menu. Our waiter was exceptional, a standard we only see on cruise ships. I had to start clam chowder, entree 8oz fillet and finally a desert selection of cheese cake & chocolate cake. All courses were 'to die for'. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Bad day at Cap GrillbbbbDined on 9/15/2014Service was just average... LONG wait for main course. Which almost cold when it arrived. Was there on a business dinner otherwise it would've came back point otherwise I would've sent back the plate .Special Features:
- GREAT steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Service and food was amazing. Really great deal for September since they participate in orlando magical dinning month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience !MiamiangieDined on 9/15/2014The ambience, beautiful surroundings, quality of food and professionalism of our server, Cynthia, made this an unforgettable experience !Special Features:
- Magical DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014I went for the Magical dining menu while on a conference trip. It was well worth it!! I received a lovely well cooked to order sirloin that was Kona crusted and absolutely delicious! And the service was top notch; I have never seen servers and waiters work in such a team mode. My dining experience was awesome, and I completely recommend this to anyone who's up for a great steak meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousSelectiveDined on 9/14/2014That is one word for the food there! Beautiful presentation, good quality food, deliciously flavored, good quantities, excellent service, nice ambiance, wonderful overall experience.Special Features:
- Magical EveningFUNGROUP1Dined on 9/13/2014Special night with good friends and delicious food. The staff was very accommodating as I requested a quiet table. The setting was elegant and inviting. I am so glad that Capital Grille participated in Orlando Magical Dining month. I will definitely make a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday surprise dinnerScottyDined on 9/13/2014We were having a surprise birthday dinner for my husband and the day before there was a message on our machine saying this is capital grille confirm your reservation for 8 etc. so much for the surprise !! It turned out okay we were seated in a small dining area on the side which got VERY noisy as the night went on, with large groups shouting etc. our waiter was one we had the last time we were there and didn't,t like him then and still don,t, he has a very strong accent and is hard to understand sometimes, service was okay but not very polite or friendly. The front desk had a handsome guy in a suit shaking hands with us and welcoming us, heard him talking to staff later saying area manager was coming so they needed to dissappearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceBronxQTDined on 9/13/2014My boyfriend and I dined at Capital Grille to enjoy their Magical Dining menu. Even though our check was significantly less expensive than if we had dined off of the regular menu, our server was more than welcoming, making sure our dining experience was impeccable. Our steaks were prepared perfectly and the lobster macaroni and cheese was to die for. Even after we heated up the rest of our steak at home, it never lost it's integrity. I highly recommend Capital Grille for Magical Dining or if you would like wonderful food, amazing service, and a romantic or professional ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flat on Taste, Big on PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014We were disappointed and just not impressed with the food especially for the cost. The filet mignon was cooked to order but the meat was dry without much taste. The sauce that accompanied the meat was a caramel color sauce with a strange taste we didn't care for. It had some sort of spice/herb that we couldn't identify nor did we like. The garlic mashed potatoes were delicious. Thankfully we had dinner here during Restaurant week and didn't have to pay $45 for an 8 oz filet and a-la-carte for everything else. Next time we will definitely go to Ruth Chris - much better meat.
- Great FindGreatfindDined on 9/12/2014Service, food & ambiance was great! After waiting for about 10 minutes for our table the Managing Partner came over and apologized for the wait and offered to buy us a drink of our choice.....we chose Merlot. After we got our drinks, which was right away, our table was ready. I will definitely return in the very near future. Highly recommendI would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio furniture??LMNTDined on 9/12/2014Overall was happy with our dining experience with the exception of the table. The table/chairs we were sat at was made of a resin rattan and felt/looked like patio furniture. Was surprised to find this in a fine dining restaurant. Chairs were also uncomfortable. The last time we dined here we sat in a booth. Much better experience.Special Features:
- Outstanding:)GokoniDined on 9/11/2014We went to Capital Grille for Magical Dining,and it really was Magical... Our server JASON was wonderful.He made us feel very special.Food was great and ambiance was fantastic.WE loved it.Everything was just great. Thank you Jason.......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit to capital grillobrezDined on 9/11/2014My first visit to capital grill (after hearing great reviews from others) was sub par. My steak was grizzly and the green beans were soggy. I didn’t have a chance to talk to the waiter when I came back from the restroom the food was already taken off the table. I fed myself on bread and potatoes. It’s in the convention center so expect tourist in jeans and big groups of conventioneers.
- Vacation night outMikeandMaryDined on 9/10/2014While in Orlando on vacation, my wife and I enjoyed a wonderful meal at The Capital Grille. The restaurant was beautifully decorated and lit appropriately. The music could have actually been a little louder. Our server (Macho) was warm, friendly and very knowledgeable about the menu. My only criticism would be that most tourists in Orlando don't bring dress clothing with them. We enjoy dressing up for a fine restaurant, old fashioned that way. Otherwise, a lovely night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceCocoacoutureDined on 9/10/2014Capital grille is a dining experience. The staff is very professional and accommodating. Joel is one of the best servers I have ever had dining. We went for magical dining and some servers would snub their nose and say to themselves "not another magical diner." However, joel welcomed it and suggested a wonderful bottle of wine for a great price point. He and the food over exceeded our expectations. The Cesar salad is bomb and the kona crusted sirloin was cooked to perfection. Make sure to try the lobster mac, it's pretty amazing with a classical bechemel sauce and chunks of fresh lobster. The cheesecake and champagne was the perfect ending to a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerriblefoodieDined on 9/10/2014We have been to Capital Grill before, but this time food did not come as ordered, I ordered well done fillet it was medium, husband had medium steak his was well done waiter was no where to be seen had to wait over 5min for him to return he took my steak back it returned with none of my sides, no replacement sides, hubby had got fed up waiting and started to eat his. Ordered chhesecake only small teaspoon I asked waiter for a fork, he said something on the lines of you don't normally have a fork.bill arrived they took off the price of my husbands steak from bill, this gesture was fine, but our experience was very disappointing. We will not be returning. I would like to add this is the first time I have every written a negative review.Special Features:
- Magical BirthdayEatItUpDined on 9/10/2014My husband and I chose The Capital Grille from the Magical Dining list to celebrate my 50th birthday. It was a wonderful dinner and dining experience. We were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceStevieDined on 9/9/2014Capital Grill is great! THe ambiance and service is impecable, food is fabulous!Special Features:
- Fantastic Experiencepartyof5Dined on 9/9/2014Justin, our server, made the experience. Attentive without being disruptive, expedient and so very nice. The food - well I just have to say that we were all pleased that our respective meals were cooked to perfection. Even better that we were still talking about the flavors the next day! The kona crusted sirloin - perfection! Get in, check it out and definitely ask for Justin! I will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricelessluv2grubDined on 9/7/2014Our experience here was spectaular. The waiter was so attentive. I was celebrating a birthday and remission of cancer. He had both the GM and manager come to the table as well as the chef and pastry chef! We had children elderly and late arivals. All were met with the utmost professionalism. If you ever visit ask for Anthony. We will certainly will again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service & Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Food was fabulous as always! Jody our server did a great job!Special Features:
- The best steaksSuzyQDined on 9/6/2014Capital Grille never disappoints. Unfortunately we didn't have the best server, which is rare for a restaurant of this caliber.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal!BrendaVIPDined on 9/6/2014We love Capital Grille for its food, service, and ambiance. Unfortunately on this occasion, the service was somewhat lacking. I will note that it is Magical Dining Month and the restaurant was packed but our two servers did not give us the usual top notch service we have come to expect at Capital Grille. The food was outstanding except I felt the dessert on the magical dining menu was very small but the kona crusted steak was large and mouth watering good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014We went specifically for the Magical Dining Deal and it did not disappoint. They sat us in the Orlando Room which was perfect for our party since we could talk and not hear other diners. The service and our wait staff were superb. The meal was outstanding. We had the filet that was cooked perfectly, the soup was delicious, the sides were spectacular and the desserts to die for. It was well worth the trip down there in the pouring rain. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for any occasion. It will not dissapoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DAR1Dined on 9/6/2014The Kona crusted steak was great. I added a lobster tail that was cooked perfectly. My wife had the filet and she loved it. The other members in our party stated their food was excellent. They have a good wine list. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Superb!Cheric222Dined on 9/6/2014The food, the service and the atmosphere were exceptional! Everything from the salad (love the white anchovies!) to the steaks, lobster tail and shrimp to the cheesecake and chocolate cake were fabulous. Even the breads were outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10 yr anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014They made our 10yr anniversary very special from champagne, an anniversary card , a rose and a special dessert to share which had the words happy anniversary written on the plate in chocolate! !! One of the best dinners I had ever had..thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.