The Capital Grille - I Drive
9101 International Drive, Suite 1000,
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - I Drive
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (407) 370-4392
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am –4:00pm; Dinner: Monday– Thursday: 4:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Lounge: Open Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matthew Price
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - I Drive
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Capital Grille - I Drive - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
The Capital Grille - I Drive reviews from OpenTable diners
242 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (183)romantic (119)notable wine list (119)fit for foodies (105)good for groups (87)hot spot (38)vibrant bar scene (27)neighborhood gem (21)great for lunch (15)late-night find (15)great for outdoor dining (10)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Not so great anymore.....karnakdavVIPDined on 11/16/2014Been coming here for 8 years or so every time I'm in Orlando and is just no longer the attention to detail I've come to expect from a Capital GrilleSpecial Features:
- Worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014The food and service at The Capital Grille on I Drive was exceptional. The crab and lobster cakes had huge chunksof lobster and so did the lobster bisque. The also bring you the wine selection on an ipad. If you want the best service, ask for Steve. He made us feel like we were the only people he was serving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frank at his bestFredoDined on 11/11/2014We much like the atmosphäre at the bar where Frank makes sure you feel totally at home. We had our meal there, great Chile seabass and delicious chocolate desert. His after dinner drinks are something else. You got to go there to believe how outstanding a dinner experience is at this place - just enjoy!Special Features:
- Awesome ExperiencethanksfortheexperienceDined on 11/8/2014We enjoyed Capital Grille very much and were not disappointed. The service was top shelf as was the food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second to none!!!FLSugarRushDined on 11/2/2014Although it is part of a chain, this restaurant is one of a kind! Start to finish, the food and service were absolutely second to none! I highly recommend The Capital Grille to anyone and everyone, as you will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- Great Food, Stingy on the DessertOpenTableUserDined on 11/2/2014The food was wonderful. I had the Filet with Gorgonzola and cabernet sauce, delicious! My husband had the regular filet and was also pleased. We decided to split a dessert, we ordered Crème Brule. It was at most 1/8 inch thick. It was good, just very thin. Seemed to be more "crust" than custard, I would not recommend ordering it.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantBouvier21Dined on 10/31/2014Very enjoyable. Great food, extensive wine list. Save your pennies as this is a high end eatery with prices to match. Well worth the expense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capitol Grill - Orlando, FlChiefDined on 10/27/2014I have dined at Capital Grill locations at different cities across the country and have always enjoyed good food and great service. The I Drive location in Orlando was no exception. We had reservations for a party of six and we were promptly seated upon arrival. The wait staff was competent and knowledgeable. As always, the food and wine was great. I highly recommend Capital Grill for fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!craftyladyDined on 10/27/2014Capital Grill went above and beyond to make our anniversary celebration an awesome experience! Our waiter was superior! Food was excellent but huge portions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodmfoyDined on 10/26/2014Went recently and notified restaurant on Open Table that it was my sister's birthday. We we arrived there was a hand written note on the table wishing her a Happy Birthday and at the end of our meal gave her a 2 dessert sample on a plate with "Happy Birthday" spelled out in chocolate. Nice touch. Food is excellent as always. The filet mignon with gorgonzola cheese was to die for! I could have spent a long time looking at the wine list on the ipad -but had to make a decision! Loved how it gave info on the wine and not just the name. Place was very busy at the time with conventioneers but service was great. Until the end, when we had to wait a long time for our bill. That's my only complaint. Pricey but worth it for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FinesttheygotmeDined on 10/26/2014Excellent food. Best service. Comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special nightWheatonCoupleDined on 10/25/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our last night in Orlando, and it was special celebration for wife's birthday. As always on special occasions at The Capital Grill, the staff goes the extra step to make the meal special. Our waiter even made our next reservation at the Lombard Il restaurant. Terrific food, great service, could not be better.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerCanucksDined on 10/24/2014Service from Jody was absolutely superb. She made our night being very knowledgeable but unobtrusive. We will go back!!Special Features:
- Best steak in OrlandoDiscretionarypalletteVIPDined on 10/23/2014Just two people dining on a Thursday night. Big conventions In town made the restaurant loud and super busy. Food was wonderful! I had the fillet minion which ea absolutely the best I've ever tasted. We ordered two side dished which could have fed 6 people. We left extremely full and happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hoodwinked in OrlandosuperbDined on 10/22/2014We had a large business dinner. We had to wait in the lobby for our reservation and ordered drinks from the bar. The main courses were extremely delayed to the point where a manager came out and apologized twice, in addition to the server. Several guests noted that their food was cold. I was not made aware whenever a new bottle of wine was added to the bill, yet I placed the original order and said the bill would come to me. The structure of the receipt adds in the tip. If you don't realize this and just look at the total prior to calculating your tip you are tipping double. Based on the delays, this evening did not deserve an over 600.00 tip.
- Awesome experience!NBAADined on 10/20/2014The food and staff at Capitol Grill are as always...Excellent! Great place to entertain customers and there's never a worry when entering this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too loud insideclubDined on 10/16/2014If you want a romantic quite dinner this is not the place to go to. It is extremely loud inside the dining room. Prices are very high and food is about average.Special Features:
- Fit for a kingroadwarrior48855Dined on 10/16/2014Consistently a great experience overall, great food and service! My wife is gluten free (not by choice) and trusts very few places in this area, they were very focused on making sure she had a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience! Outstanding!got2eatDined on 10/15/2014A must dine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not go back.Dine4JoyDined on 10/14/2014The noise level was so high, I felt like I was eating at a truck stop/diner, complete with clanking silverware and boisterous laughter. The waiter had to yell to explain the menu, and had to repeat himself because his voice could not always rise about the din and reach all six of us. The food was good, but incredibly overpriced. We were there to celebrate the engagement of my daughter and her fiance. But the celebration became a nonevent. We all just wanted to finish eating and go home.
- AwesomeLazydude95Dined on 10/11/2014Joseph was an amazing server. It was our one year and made it very special for us. The food was perfect, we're definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go for the wine.primedownerVIPDined on 10/10/2014I have had many dinners at various Capital Grille's around the country, including multiple visits to the location. As always, the food, service, and ambiance carry the experience. Capital Grille is a reliable restaurant to enjoy a great steak and know that the service will match the food quality. One thing I noted with distress on this visit since my last time dining with them, was a radically scaled down wine menu. For me, I always look for the quality and breath of the wine menu to compliment the great food. The wine list is pared down significantly and it is premium priced-plus. I have dined at many upscale-casual restaurants with far better wine lists. Capital Grille, please fix this or I'll not be back!Special Features:
- Fabulous eveningOrlando1VIPDined on 10/10/2014We had a family group of 9 for birthday celebration. The small private dining room was great. It allowed for family conversation around the table. The steaks were delicious and perfectly cooked. Our server Jose was excellent. I would definitely ask for Jose on my next visit.Special Features:
- Great steakhouseMartinBDined on 10/3/2014This was our first time here and it is now on our favorites list. Not for the price conscious but if you like a great dining experience this fits the bill. No negatives in any area from food to staff and highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Good...as alwaysAntoneDined on 10/1/2014The Capital Grille - I Drive has been a popular meeting spot for both business and pleasure when in the area. As always, it does not disappoint.Special Features:
- Great PlacelecarboDined on 10/1/2014The food is delicious and the service is great. The service provided by Macho, the waiter that serve us was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GREAT place to celebrate!DonnaDined on 9/29/2014We were at Capital Grille celebrating two birthdays. Capital Grille made the celebration so very special from the moment we walked in until we left. The food and service was excellent!!! I would highly recommend Capital Grille to anyone who is looking for a restaurant for a special occasion or to just dine with family/friends/colleagues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome classy restaurant!TunkyDined on 9/27/2014Perfect ambiance for couples, or if celebrating a special occasion where you want to be able to conversate without noise. Very intimate setting, superb service and the food was far from disappointing. We took advantage of the magical dining month and the prefixed menu options were well suited for all pallets. Their regular menu is pricey however, you get what you pay for. After all, this is an upscale restaurant offering high end quality food. Great place and will definately be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NickDined on 9/27/2014Was here for Magical Dining Month. Wait staff were very attentive and the food was prepared excellently.Special Features:
- A&FriendsfriendsfoodandwineDined on 9/26/2014Magical Dinning brought us to Capital Grille with our large group of friends (12 of us)!! We made reservations a month in advance, and the CG did call to confirm because of the large party. I was pleasantly surprised by the interior and the atmosphere of CG...this was my first time dinning here!!! Would definitely come back again .... we dinned on a Friday evening and the restaurant was packed but we waited minimally in the bar and then were seated. The service team was outstanding and accommodated ALL of our requests which is quite difficult with such a large party...the food was hot and delicious and our waiter was pleasant and patient !! It was a wonderful experience !!!Special Features:
- Lost LusterBrewerVIPDined on 9/26/2014The Capital Grille - I Drive has changed since my last dinning experience (about three years), but not for the better. It's seems to have lost it's client sophistication, thus future steak house desires will be fulfilled at either Christner's or Ruth Chris.Special Features:
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Ambience, food and service are extremely high quality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceMagical07Dined on 9/26/2014Our server Joel was absolutely the best. Glad we can ask for him next time as there definitely will be a next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerLubin2011Dined on 9/26/2014It was amazing. When we arrived our table was decorated with confetti and a card to fit the occasion. The waiter was phenomenal very attentive and fast. Food here was fresh an well put together. I recommend this restaurant hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingChipmunkDined on 9/25/2014I mentioned in my reservation that it was our anniversary, and they completely made us feel loved. Great table laid out for our arrival, with a congratulatory note and rose. Great surprise for us and made our special day absolutely fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveninglovemesomefoodDined on 9/25/2014Visited The Capital Grille for a nice romantic dinner for myself and my husband. It was a great evening, and the service was wonderful. The French Onion Soup was fantastic as well as the other items we ordered. We will definitely dine her again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticPandafood91Dined on 9/25/2014This resturant is the nicest one I have ever been to in orlando. I went for my four year anniversary with my boyfriend. Our server was so great and nice. The atmosphere was very nice. I wouldn't go all the time because of the prices. It's a special occasion kind of place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmberDined on 9/24/2014Everything about our our dining experience was fantastic- food, service, environment. We would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a night out in a classy joint with ah-maz-ing food! Will dine here again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/23/2014The overall experience was average, we had a reservation at 8:30 and we were seated at 9:00, the quality of service and food in general was good but our steak was overcooked.
- ExperienceReview86Dined on 9/23/2014We arrived at 830 for our reservation, and were not seated till 9, watching many couples arriving after us seated prior to us. After raising this twice little empathy was shown and we were not informed at all why we were waiting, even on arrival. Unsure what difference the reservation made! This was a Tuesday, not a Saturday! The waiter seemed uninterested, and brought me my dessert without asking what I wanted. I was going to raise this but he did not ask if we enjoyed, seemed more keen to hurry us out the door. The food was very nice, is a shame the service was a million miles from this. I honestly don't remember when I have received worse service, very disappointing. I would not return. Nice setting, good food, very poor service.Special Features: