The Capital Grille - I Drive
9101 International Drive, Suite 1000,
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - I Drive
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (407) 370-4392
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am –4:00pm; Dinner: Monday– Thursday: 4:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Lounge: Open Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matthew Price
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - I Drive
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Capital Grille - I Drive - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
The Capital Grille - I Drive reviews from OpenTable diners
244 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (185)notable wine list (121)romantic (119)fit for foodies (107)good for groups (88)hot spot (38)vibrant bar scene (27)neighborhood gem (21)great for lunch (16)late-night find (15)great for outdoor dining (10)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great dining experienceStevieDined on 9/9/2014Capital Grill is great! THe ambiance and service is impecable, food is fabulous!Special Features:
- Fantastic Experiencepartyof5Dined on 9/9/2014Justin, our server, made the experience. Attentive without being disruptive, expedient and so very nice. The food - well I just have to say that we were all pleased that our respective meals were cooked to perfection. Even better that we were still talking about the flavors the next day! The kona crusted sirloin - perfection! Get in, check it out and definitely ask for Justin! I will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricelessluv2grubDined on 9/7/2014Our experience here was spectaular. The waiter was so attentive. I was celebrating a birthday and remission of cancer. He had both the GM and manager come to the table as well as the chef and pastry chef! We had children elderly and late arivals. All were met with the utmost professionalism. If you ever visit ask for Anthony. We will certainly will again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service & Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Food was fabulous as always! Jody our server did a great job!Special Features:
- The best steaksSuzyQDined on 9/6/2014Capital Grille never disappoints. Unfortunately we didn't have the best server, which is rare for a restaurant of this caliber.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal!BrendaVIPDined on 9/6/2014We love Capital Grille for its food, service, and ambiance. Unfortunately on this occasion, the service was somewhat lacking. I will note that it is Magical Dining Month and the restaurant was packed but our two servers did not give us the usual top notch service we have come to expect at Capital Grille. The food was outstanding except I felt the dessert on the magical dining menu was very small but the kona crusted steak was large and mouth watering good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014We went specifically for the Magical Dining Deal and it did not disappoint. They sat us in the Orlando Room which was perfect for our party since we could talk and not hear other diners. The service and our wait staff were superb. The meal was outstanding. We had the filet that was cooked perfectly, the soup was delicious, the sides were spectacular and the desserts to die for. It was well worth the trip down there in the pouring rain. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for any occasion. It will not dissapoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DAR1Dined on 9/6/2014The Kona crusted steak was great. I added a lobster tail that was cooked perfectly. My wife had the filet and she loved it. The other members in our party stated their food was excellent. They have a good wine list. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Superb!Cheric222Dined on 9/6/2014The food, the service and the atmosphere were exceptional! Everything from the salad (love the white anchovies!) to the steaks, lobster tail and shrimp to the cheesecake and chocolate cake were fabulous. Even the breads were outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10 yr anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014They made our 10yr anniversary very special from champagne, an anniversary card , a rose and a special dessert to share which had the words happy anniversary written on the plate in chocolate! !! One of the best dinners I had ever had..thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MinnaDined on 9/5/2014Everything was really nice until the check came. We had all gotten cold appetizers and they were exchanged fast. The dinner came and our female friend complained her steak was not grilled to her order. After a short while a perfect peace of meat came out and she ate it all. We all got extra dessert for our trouble ,but when the check came she did not have to pay for her dinner. This is not first time it happens and if this is a way to get free food we are going to do the same, complain about everything.Special Features:
- Excellent Upscale Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/5/2014Capital Grille is a excellent upscale dining experience! Top-notch attentive serving staff and fne dining at its best.Special Features:
- More than Magical DiningweallgottaeatDined on 9/5/2014Our party of six gathered for dinner to enjoy magical dining month and to celebrate the 50th wedding anniversary of my in-laws. Rose petals were placed on our table, and a lovely personalized card awaited the couple. Service was attentive and helpful, and we wanted for nothing. Excellent portions of the offered dishes were presented, and the side dishes and desserts were automatically provided for each couple. We all chose to add extras to our meal. We had a wonderful dining experience, and appreciate all that each server provided for the entire meal. We will definitely return to explore the regular dining menu items.Special Features:
- FlossyDined on 9/4/2014Food and service were excellent. The noise level was abominableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our thoughts.JojoDined on 9/4/2014Maybe because it was a magical dining menu/evening it wasn't as great as we thought it would be. It was very very noisy, the food was fine and the service was efficient if a bit overbearing. The waitress interrupted our conversation on more than one occasion which 2 of our party commented on afterwards, a natural pause in the conversation would have been more appropriate. Another waiter who was filling water glasses constantly banged into my chair without apology. The standard of dress was poor also, people in shorts and footwear we would wear to the beach. I was disappointed and wouldn't rush back to this International Drive location.Special Features:
- Best aroundWaltDined on 9/4/2014Food was great I would love to go back again and bring more friendsSpecial Features:
- The BestSPECIALDined on 9/3/2014Best dinning experience my wife and I have had in Orlando. Service was excellent! Food was wonderful.Special Features:
- fullmoonDined on 9/2/2014The was the first time I had been to Captial Grille and I was not dissappointed. We tried food off of the magical dining menu and it was excellent. The presentation was nice, the food came out hot and tasted amazing. I was very impressed with the service. Our server was very knowledge about the menu and the wine list. Several people came to check on us during dinner and made us feel special. It also happened to be my birthday and our waiter brought out a plate that said happy birthday with two wonderful desserts. I know they probably do that for everyone with a birthday, but once again it made me feel special. I have highly recommended the Captial Grille to friends who want a truly great dining experience from start to finish.Special Features:
- Excellent location and serviceEddieandBonnieDined on 9/2/2014This restaurant is located on International Drive, which is a prime place to be. Valet parking was available, and the ticket was validated at the restaurant. The ambience was nice, for both business and personal occasions. It was a very quiet place with gorgeous painting and designs. The service was very good. The waiter was courteous to make all special efforts to meet our needs. My filet mignon was cooked to my request. However, my friend's tenderloin was over cooked to the request of rear. The captain, Mr. David with over 30 years of restaurant serving experience, was very nice in offering to correct the problem and was making an attempt to find out exactly what had happened to this order.Special Features:
- Service was incrediblePerfectionDined on 9/1/2014Charlie, our waiter, was perfect. He pampered us just the right amount. My wife had been craving a Diet Coke (our hotel only had Pepsi products). He not only brought her a diet coke but brought her a six pak of bottles for us to take back to the hotel. The chef came out and checked on how our steaks were cooked. They treated us like a king and queen. And the food was great. Steaks meltedin your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KMGSAKMGSADined on 8/31/2014Fabulous Magical Dining experience. Excellent meal - especially liked the Caesar salad and onion bread, and the suggested wine pairing. The PARMESAN AND HERB MARINATED TOURNEDOS were too salty - recommend the FILET MIGNON 8 OZ instead. We will definitely return soon to try something else, great service, wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Of The Best!DannyDined on 8/31/2014Capital Grill is always terrific. We went this time for Magical Dining. If you have never been here September is the time to go. They have a great menu for Magical Dining, the portions are generous. The salmon is great and the Kona crusted steak is divine. You cannot say enough about the mash potatoes you get with the meal! Our waiter David was really good. Enjoys his job and it shows. If you are going to do Magical Dining - this place needs to be on your short list!Special Features:
- Great experiencejohnybDined on 8/31/2014Top notch!!! First visit here, and we will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable experience!Luv2eatDined on 8/30/2014We visited for the 4th time this extraordinary restaurant. Perfect place to celebrate, have an excellent meal and drinks and then have a blast at the Improv Conedy Club! Chris, are server, was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grille Magical DiningcravesandsavesDined on 8/30/2014Had an amazing dinner from start to finish. Our waiter was very attentive and welcoming. The food was outstanding as usual. We go every year for magical dinning as well as other times throughout the year. I can't afford to eat here as often as I like, but it's definitely worth the splurge when we do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, but not serviceLizMDined on 8/30/2014We dine here every trip to Orlando and the food usually never disappoints. Salads were disappointing this time. My husband and I ordered the same salad, but his ONLY had lettuce. Mine had a few tomatoes thrown in. Steak was excellent and sides too. Nice presentation and great dessert. This one time our server, JP, was not up to par with what we usually expect. Took way too long between main course and dessert- a good 15-20 minute wait. Then asked for our check and took way too long again and had to ask another server to get it. Thought he was a bit rude and condescending as if we had never dined in a nice restaurant before. He stated "this is an amuse bouche which you get in a nice restaurant."Special Features:
- great food and serviceloves2cookVIPDined on 8/29/2014outstanding service, delicious food, quiet intimate patio locationSpecial Features:
- Excellent ...RosieDined on 8/29/2014Food and service were fabulous. Well worth trying.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningDRC876VIPDined on 8/28/2014Great food and service. Can't say enough good things about Capital Grill. Looking forward to going back soon. (Got the Magical Dining option - great value as well!)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner to celebrate my birthday. Our waiter, Justin, made the evening so enjoyable. He was impeccably dressed, was a pleasant conversationalist, and met our every need.Special Features:
- great placesteveybigDined on 8/25/2014This place is a must if you're coming to Orlando.food was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently wonderful!ajwaspoohDined on 8/25/2014Yet, again, we have walked out of Capital Grille with nothing but compliments! We LOVED the Generous Pour Wine Flight (only available until the end of Aug., I believe). Truly a unique, fun experience that added to our meal! Service, food, atmosphere all as expected. Elegant, refined - I cannot think of a single thing they could change. They know what they are doing and do it well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EgrrDined on 8/23/2014Big tables around us and it was loud. Service was not as great because she had 2 big tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my birthdayShandy61VIPDined on 8/22/2014My husband booked a table fro my birthday and i was made to feel so special from start to finish.Ecellent service and food and whilst not cheap it was worth very dollar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The sizeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014The dinner size was a little on the small size for what I payed the stake was good but the lobster was over cooked. Other then that a good date. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ExperienceRichdbbDined on 8/21/2014I just recently had lunch at the Capital Grille. On entering, some of my guests noted wine lockers for celebrities such as Shaq O'Neil. My group was seated immediatley. The waiter Charles was gracious and very knowledeable about the menu. The lobster bisque was to die for. The crab and lobster burger took me to another zone. On completion of the meal, I was quite surprised that the waiter wanted to shake my hand and thank me for dining with The Capital Griile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A celebrationluvtheviewDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I went with friends who were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. The staff was great - very attentive and the food was wonderful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014The dry-aged pepper-rubbed porterhouse was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Service!RyleesMomVIPDined on 8/8/2014Captial Grille at Pointe Orlando has some of the most exceptional service from their entire staff! They all go above and beyond to ensure you have everything you desire! Dave F. is the best and you should request him if you are looking for a personable and memorable dining experience. Nick the GM always stops at your table to show his appreciation for you coming in. The food is always above par and very consistent. This has become our favorite restaurant in Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- World class servicePaulTDined on 8/7/2014Very impressed by the level of service by staff and management. I reserved through Open Table and so my name was discoverable. Upon arrival at the restaurant and during service by the main wait staff member, I was addressed by name. A little thing, but shows attention to the details that make a dining experience memorable. The main wait staff member also knew the wine list cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.