The Capital Grille - I Drive
9101 International Drive, Suite 1000,
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - I Drive
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 4073704392x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am –4:00pm; Dinner: Monday– Thursday: 4:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Lounge: Open Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matthew Price
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - I Drive
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Capital Grille - I Drive - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
The Capital Grille - I Drive reviews from OpenTable diners
218 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (165)notable wine list (115)romantic (111)fit for foodies (90)good for groups (85)hot spot (32)vibrant bar scene (25)neighborhood gem (22)late-night find (18)great for lunch (15)great for outdoor dining (14)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Awesome classy restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Perfect ambiance for couples, or if celebrating a special occasion where you want to be able to conversate without noise. Very intimate setting, superb service and the food was far from disappointing. We took advantage of the magical dining month and the prefixed menu options were well suited for all pallets. Their regular menu is pricey however, you get what you pay for. After all, this is an upscale restaurant offering high end quality food. Great place and will definately be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost LusterBrewerVIPDined on 9/26/2014The Capital Grille - I Drive has changed since my last dinning experience (about three years), but not for the better. It's seems to have lost it's client sophistication, thus future steak house desires will be fulfilled at either Christner's or Ruth Chris.Special Features:
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Ambience, food and service are extremely high quality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014Our server Joel was absolutely the best. Glad we can ask for him next time as there definitely will be a next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerLubin2011Dined on 9/26/2014It was amazing. When we arrived our table was decorated with confetti and a card to fit the occasion. The waiter was phenomenal very attentive and fast. Food here was fresh an well put together. I recommend this restaurant hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingChipmunkDined on 9/25/2014I mentioned in my reservation that it was our anniversary, and they completely made us feel loved. Great table laid out for our arrival, with a congratulatory note and rose. Great surprise for us and made our special day absolutely fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Visited The Capital Grille for a nice romantic dinner for myself and my husband. It was a great evening, and the service was wonderful. The French Onion Soup was fantastic as well as the other items we ordered. We will definitely dine her again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticPandafood91Dined on 9/25/2014This resturant is the nicest one I have ever been to in orlando. I went for my four year anniversary with my boyfriend. Our server was so great and nice. The atmosphere was very nice. I wouldn't go all the time because of the prices. It's a special occasion kind of place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmberDined on 9/24/2014Everything about our our dining experience was fantastic- food, service, environment. We would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a night out in a classy joint with ah-maz-ing food! Will dine here again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2014The overall experience was average, we had a reservation at 8:30 and we were seated at 9:00, the quality of service and food in general was good but our steak was overcooked.
- ExperienceReview86Dined on 9/23/2014We arrived at 830 for our reservation, and were not seated till 9, watching many couples arriving after us seated prior to us. After raising this twice little empathy was shown and we were not informed at all why we were waiting, even on arrival. Unsure what difference the reservation made! This was a Tuesday, not a Saturday! The waiter seemed uninterested, and brought me my dessert without asking what I wanted. I was going to raise this but he did not ask if we enjoyed, seemed more keen to hurry us out the door. The food was very nice, is a shame the service was a million miles from this. I honestly don't remember when I have received worse service, very disappointing. I would not return. Nice setting, good food, very poor service.Special Features:
- Great food coupled with family funcatheavenDined on 9/23/2014You do not go to Capital Grille on a budget. Both the food and service are exceptional. The restaurant was super noisy; there were five of us seated at a round table, and it was difficult to hear those on the opposite side. The filet mignon was exceptional and cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Magical DiningMisbjaDined on 9/23/2014Our second visit in our trip to Orlando. Food excellent, except that we were given a desert to share between 2, while last time had one each. Not very hygienic. Waiter not very good, while last time service was excellent. We had to ask for the rest of our wine, 1/4 bottle still to drink. Would still recommend and go again. Also had to ask for parking voucher, last time they asked us. Probably depends on day and time of dining.Special Features:
- PERFECTION!Cheric222Dined on 9/21/2014Food, atmosphere and service were all exceptional. We remarked that all of the food is especially well prepared and particularly delicious. We tried the lobster/shrimp cake and it was amazing. Our server Charlie was efficient, friendly yet not intrusive. Great evening!Special Features:
- Excellent Service!JoanneDined on 9/20/2014I went to The Capital Grille last Saturday as a "birthday surprise" for my boyfriend. He thought it was just a typical dinner date with a few family & friends; however I had placed a special request when making the reservation to see if there was anyhting that can be done to acknowledge his birthday. They had placed a "Happy Birthday" note at the top of the menu with his name on it for all the menus on the table. They also gave us complimentary champagne to celebrate & wrote him the sweetest birthday card from the staff. The food was delicious and very satisfying, and most importantly, our servers were amazing! Norberto & J.P. were so attentive in accomodating our large party & extremely personable. I would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Dinner poor serviceYummy22Dined on 9/20/2014We were given the regular menus when seated but requested the magical dining menus instead. The waiter seemed inconvenienced by this and returned with only one magical dining menu to share among 5 people. We had to again request magical dining menus for the rest of the group. The salads were great & the 8oz filets were very good as well. However, we were disappointed by the desserts as they are no longer full size and must be shared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!!Nm318Dined on 9/20/2014Great food cooked to perfection. The service is always impeccable.Special Features:
- Magical DiningMagicaldinerDined on 9/20/2014I had dinner there during Magical Dining Month. Our server was great and the food was amazing until our steaks came out. I asked for "medium" and was given "well done" Our server quickly took my plate and soon was brought another steak by someone else. Well this person had a little attitude and asked me to cut into it. However I didn't have any utensils. I told the server/cook that I'm sure it was fine. He left and I finally cut into my now "rare" steak. My question is why couldn't they get "medium" right? You are a steak house correct? Everything else from that night was wonderful except the steak. Magical dining hasn't been so magical.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made Magical Dining Month magical!aowashingtonDined on 9/19/2014I've never been to The Capital Grille before, and realistically the only reason I'd go is for something like Magical Dining Month. Three courses for $33? Cha-ching! So of course I took my boyfriend here for his birthday. The food was excellent, and the steak was on par with my favorite local steakhouse in downtown Orlando. Very diverse atmosphere too: families, couples, groups of friends; it was a hodgepodge of people. I could have done without this baby's random outbursts, but at least they were very short and happy outbursts. Also really helped that the Manhattan I ordered was stronger than I expected. What really struck me was the excellent service though! Attentive without smothering, and just chatty enough. Loved it.Special Features:
- Service lackingDanielM220Dined on 9/19/2014As a capital Grill client in other cities we were extremely disappointed. We had a bad table in the enterance high traffic area, constant bumping of our chairs, poor service from the waiter who was haard to find, had to ask for almost everything from bread dishes to flateware, water glasses went unfilled, we waited a long time to order and even longer for the food, when it finally arrived one dinner was missing. Then they forgot our potatoes and vegetables. All in all it was like eating in an upscale, expensive fast food restaurant with low paid help. We would have gotten better service at Chic-fil-A. Can not recommend.
- Magical Dining Month!TracyWDined on 9/19/2014Kona crusted steak was a delight, not a strong coffee taste at all. Something different. Really enjoyed our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our firstJerseyGirl1Dined on 9/18/2014We had an awesome dinner. It was nicer once it quieted down. The atmosphere was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasiononlythebestDined on 9/18/20147 local ladies on a girls night out in celebration of 3 birthdays. Capital Grille gave us the Royal Treatment. The food was fabulous, the service was amazing, we had a fantastic night. Thank you Capital Grille for a outstanding night!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 StarMikeGDined on 9/17/2014I paid for 5 star and they delivered. Only one thing I would change about the place. The bar is too busy to serve food at. Keep it for the socializing crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best that we were used toOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/17/2014We waited over 30 minutes for a table even though we had a reservation. It was very busy and we just didn't feel like it was special at all this time. It's a great place usually.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Servicemichaelz51Dined on 9/17/2014The wait staff was fabulous. The menu was spot on and our steak and wind recommended by the staff was awesome. I took my 16 year old daughter for her first visit and it was a good first impression.Special Features:
- Great food & ServicePaulMDined on 9/17/2014My wife & I had a great meal and our waiter (Jay) was attentive and friendly; I recommend Capitol Grill highly.Special Features:
- Amazing serviceDonDavDined on 9/17/2014This is the second year in a row that we visited The Capital Grille for my wife's birthday. Once again, the service was outstanding and the food was just as good.Special Features:
- Fine DiningMisbjaDined on 9/16/2014Just had probably the best meal we have had in Orlando. We had the Magical Dining menu. Our waiter was exceptional, a standard we only see on cruise ships. I had to start clam chowder, entree 8oz fillet and finally a desert selection of cheese cake & chocolate cake. All courses were 'to die for'. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Bad day at Cap GrillbbbbDined on 9/15/2014Service was just average... LONG wait for main course. Which almost cold when it arrived. Was there on a business dinner otherwise it would've came back point otherwise I would've sent back the plate .Special Features:
- GREAT steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Service and food was amazing. Really great deal for September since they participate in orlando magical dinning month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience !MiamiangieDined on 9/15/2014The ambience, beautiful surroundings, quality of food and professionalism of our server, Cynthia, made this an unforgettable experience !Special Features:
- Magical DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014I went for the Magical dining menu while on a conference trip. It was well worth it!! I received a lovely well cooked to order sirloin that was Kona crusted and absolutely delicious! And the service was top notch; I have never seen servers and waiters work in such a team mode. My dining experience was awesome, and I completely recommend this to anyone who's up for a great steak meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousSelectiveDined on 9/14/2014That is one word for the food there! Beautiful presentation, good quality food, deliciously flavored, good quantities, excellent service, nice ambiance, wonderful overall experience.Special Features:
- Magical EveningFUNGROUP1Dined on 9/13/2014Special night with good friends and delicious food. The staff was very accommodating as I requested a quiet table. The setting was elegant and inviting. I am so glad that Capital Grille participated in Orlando Magical Dining month. I will definitely make a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday surprise dinnerScottyDined on 9/13/2014We were having a surprise birthday dinner for my husband and the day before there was a message on our machine saying this is capital grille confirm your reservation for 8 etc. so much for the surprise !! It turned out okay we were seated in a small dining area on the side which got VERY noisy as the night went on, with large groups shouting etc. our waiter was one we had the last time we were there and didn't,t like him then and still don,t, he has a very strong accent and is hard to understand sometimes, service was okay but not very polite or friendly. The front desk had a handsome guy in a suit shaking hands with us and welcoming us, heard him talking to staff later saying area manager was coming so they needed to dissappearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceBronxQTDined on 9/13/2014My boyfriend and I dined at Capital Grille to enjoy their Magical Dining menu. Even though our check was significantly less expensive than if we had dined off of the regular menu, our server was more than welcoming, making sure our dining experience was impeccable. Our steaks were prepared perfectly and the lobster macaroni and cheese was to die for. Even after we heated up the rest of our steak at home, it never lost it's integrity. I highly recommend Capital Grille for Magical Dining or if you would like wonderful food, amazing service, and a romantic or professional ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flat on Taste, Big on PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014We were disappointed and just not impressed with the food especially for the cost. The filet mignon was cooked to order but the meat was dry without much taste. The sauce that accompanied the meat was a caramel color sauce with a strange taste we didn't care for. It had some sort of spice/herb that we couldn't identify nor did we like. The garlic mashed potatoes were delicious. Thankfully we had dinner here during Restaurant week and didn't have to pay $45 for an 8 oz filet and a-la-carte for everything else. Next time we will definitely go to Ruth Chris - much better meat.
- another excellent meal and serviceShandy61VIPDined on 9/12/2014Not cheap but on balance worth the money We visit 4 times a year from uk and this restaurant never fails to deliver
- Great FindGreatfindDined on 9/12/2014Service, food & ambiance was great! After waiting for about 10 minutes for our table the Managing Partner came over and apologized for the wait and offered to buy us a drink of our choice.....we chose Merlot. After we got our drinks, which was right away, our table was ready. I will definitely return in the very near future. Highly recommendI would recommend this to a friend.