The Capital Grille - Houston
5365 Westheimer Road
Houston, TX 77056Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Houston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (713) 623-4600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Available for private dining events only. Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Lounge: Open daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ricardo Vargas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Houston
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. One of only a few restaurants in Houston to receive the DiRona (Distinguished Restaurants of North America) Award.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
The Capital Grille - Houston - Best Restaurants in Galleria / Uptown ›
The Capital Grille - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (98)romantic (67)notable wine list (66)fit for foodies (49)good for groups (31)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (12)neighborhood gem (11)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/20/2014I have been to Capital Grill in other cities and have never been disappointed. This Houston property continued to meet my expectations for a wonderful meal, with terrific service. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a night!Mrjones0095Dined on 11/14/2014Or experience was absolutely fantastic. Our waiter was Sean and he made my family feel extremely important. We were there for my grandmother's birthday and she loved him! Absolutely fantastic! One of the best I've seen in a long time.Special Features:
- Better in HoustonPamelaDined on 11/12/2014I've dined at many Capital Grilles in various US Cities and I must say the Houston location is a cut above. The service was impeccable and the steak outstanding. It was a special event an 8 year olds birthday dinner which is not my nor Capital Grilles norm I think it is more of high end business dining establishment but they decorated the table and made the girls feel very special. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistencyM2dinningDined on 11/7/2014I have been to this Capital Grill a number of times and the service and food is always of the highest quality every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Spot OnCasualDineVIPDined on 11/6/2014Capital Grille never lets us down! It remains one of our top favorite restaurant everywhere we go. The amazing food quality and, more importantly, phenomenal service always make our dining experiences memorable. I've taken friends and family and they've always been amazed as well. Do yourself a favor, make a reservation today!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Service!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/1/2014My husband and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary. When we arrived, our table was ready and they sprinkled small red hearts on the table along with a card that was signed by the staff. When we were done with dinner, they brought us dessert with a champagne toast. It was AMAZING!!! I have always loved The Capital Grille. It's not the yuppy, wanna-be Del Frsico's crowd as that is not we wanted for our anniversary dinner. I was romantic, quiet, and quaint. Definitely a perfect night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelmonicoTxGirlDined on 11/1/2014An impressive evening, from our shaken-at-the-table martini to the take-away boxes( due to our over-indulgent ordering), our waiter was informative and charming, yet unobtrusive--a perfect 'date night' with my husband!Special Features:
- excellence is business as usualsteelguyDined on 11/1/2014another exceptional experience with the capital grill on food and serviceSpecial Features:
- A Wonderful DinnerGolfnutDined on 10/28/2014From the Chef's Selections menu, the Chilean Sea Bass on top of brazed fennel was perfect. From the same section, the beef filet and lobster tail meat was superb. Don't pass up the au gratin potatoes sharable size side dish. Professional server. What's with all the guys dressed like 8 year olds?Special Features:
- Amazing...OverpricedVIPDined on 10/24/2014Everything was absolutely fine. Lovely place, delicious food, awesome service. Definitely a must come back place...Special Features:
- PairingVIPDined on 10/24/2014Nice ambiance, quiet setting, good food and good service. However, pricey for a regular night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!!!!AndrewDined on 10/24/2014The Capital Grille is amazing!! My wife and I went there to celebrate my birthday and our wedding anniversary. We couldn't have picked a better place to go. From the service to the food...everything was great!! The table was decorated for us to celebrate these milestones in our life and the service was fantastic. if you need to celebrate something special or just want a nice night out...I highly recommend The Capital Grille.Special Features:
- CapitalDined on 10/18/2014The food is out of this world. The service is excellent and the atmosphere is perfect for a celebration or business meeting.Special Features:
- jyjykytyDined on 10/18/2014Restaurant was very nosy. We were seated by the "Wine Room", inside where it was very loud. The door to the room did not shut properly so we heard all the noise throughout our dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatsDined on 10/10/2014pricey, but food is plentiful--enough to take homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EATING WELL2DIEFOR2014VIPDined on 10/8/2014CELEBRATED MY BIRTHDAY @ CAPITAL GRILLE. RENE (SERVER) MADE THIS "SPECIAL" OCCASION ONE TO REMEMBER!! EXCEPTIONAL FOOD, EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingDLEMDined on 10/4/2014We celebrated our anniversary here and were very impressed. Truly a wonderful experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodJerryinokcDined on 10/3/2014I'm a fan of the Capital Grill and it never disappoints.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDeeDeeDined on 9/27/2014This was our second visit and everything was very consistent. The food and service was excellent, we have eaten at a lot of steak houses and this is one of the top!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/25/2014High quality meat, cooked perfectly to your order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudAnne828Dined on 9/16/2014The food was ok. I had the bone-in filet, garlic mashed potatoes, lobster mac and cheese.
- double couple nice eveningGMAXDined on 9/13/2014Steaks, lobster, snapper, sides, dessert, wine ... hit all the marks. Atmosphere very classy in conservative way.Special Features:
- OldtimerOldtimerDined on 9/13/2014Have been an avid fan for years. Was disappointed this past Saturday night. Steak list now includes sirloin steak, but not NY Strip Steak, or Kansas City Strip Steak, as it used to. It seems that we are now cutting what looks like a strip, but is carved out of the sirloin bulk...was tough, and medium rare choice resulted in rare. When it returned from the kitchen the second time, it was tough and grey, with a cold rare center.. This is new, and most disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treated like royalty!owlgirl92Dined on 9/5/2014In my OpenTable reservation, I mentioned that we were celebrating our 10th Anniversary, hoping we might get a nice table in a corner, away from the hustle-and-bustle. To my surprise, we arrived to find ourselves seated at a table that had been decorated with tiny hearts, a congratulatory note signed by the waitstaff, a rose for me, and complimentary flutes of champagne. To top off a wonderful meal (the Kona-rubbed sirloin was fantastic!), we were treated to a lovely "Happy Anniversary" dessert plate of espresso chocolate mousse and cheesecake. The entire experience was so memorable - thanks to Capital Grille for delicious food and elegant service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceSillygirl2Dined on 8/30/2014I've come here before but I'm thinking it will be my last time I spent close to 100 dollars and the service was HORRIBLE !!! I don't think I will come again
- Loved it!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Most likely will go down as my most favorite eating places in the Houston area and trust me, we have a lot.Special Features:
- Awesome as usualsteelguyDined on 8/29/2014This visit was our anniversary and the food was awesome as usualSpecial Features:
- Rough startOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014I made reservations through open table for 8:15 and arrived around 8:05. I asked if by chance we would get seated early and they told me it would be closer to my reservation time. No problem there thats what I was expecting. But what I wasnt expecting was waiting until after 8:30 to get sat. We asked multiple times and they kept saying they were just clearing our table and then we would sit. The hostesses we both rude about it and not friendly. But other than the too snobby stuck up girls in the front the dinner was excellent.Special Features:
- MaggieDined on 8/28/2014Only complaint I had was it seems if you are seated in the back area when they are just getting busy, you can be forgotten. Server was attentive while in the area and food was awesome, just think it has something to do with seating the back room while there are still tables available in the front areas because this is the second time I have had this experience. Food was wonderful as always.Special Features:
- Tasty for HRW and Generous PourBeanDined on 8/26/2014The steak (dry-aged bone-in 14oz strip) for HRW was delicious. The Generous Pour was delightful as usual. Service excellent.Special Features:
- A big evening outfoodiefeasterDined on 8/26/2014Fabulous food. The best steak in town. Great service. We have been there several times and will continue to return. One of Houston's best.Special Features:
- top 2 steakhouses in HoustonOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2014alongside Pappas, the two best steakhouses in Houston. Immaculate service and food.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceMcDineDined on 8/21/2014I have driven past the Capital Grille hundreds of times, but never stopped to try it out. I saw it on the restaurant week menu and decided I needed to give it a chance. .. I am glad I made that decision. The restaurant's ambiance, food, and staff are impressive! ! I will be back to dine again and I may check out the bar area... that looks like fun too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A step backwardBlf22VIPDined on 8/17/2014We have dined at Capital Grille before. Normally, our experience is very good. During this visit, the service was poor - inattentive, made us feel rushed, never checked in with us after meal was served. The food was good but not up to CG's usual standards. For the money, there are much better choices in the same neighborhood in terms of food quality and service.
- foodlover86Dined on 8/16/2014loved their "great pour" offer! the food was outstanding and so was the friendly and welcoming service!Special Features:
- Power was out!eyedocmomDined on 8/15/2014We had a reservation at 7:30. We walked in to a dark lobby - the power went out. We waited an hour in the bar - complimentary drinks! The waitress worked very hard keeping everyone's glass filled. We finally left but we will try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cap Grill Aug 15OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014The power went out so we could not eat. We had a drink and waited about 45 minutes but still no power so we had to go somewhere else.
- JonathanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014I booked my reservation at the wrong location. They were very gracious and accommodating to seat my girlfriend and I.Special Features:
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We went for my boyfriends birthday and they decorated the table, had a card for him, we got complimentary champagne and they decorated his dessert plate. It was an amazing night, they treat their guests amazingly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- burnt steakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014The calimari was awesome as well as the onion soup. Only issue was that one steak was great but the other steak although ordered medium - medium rare was delivered burnt on the outside and medium well on the inside. Only one steak was finished. Otherwise a good meal, great work buy the staff and a good experience.Special Features: