The Capital Grille - Houston
5365 Westheimer Road
Houston, TX 77056Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Houston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 7136234600x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Available for private dining events only. Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Lounge: Open daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ricardo Vargas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Houston
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. One of only a few restaurants in Houston to receive the DiRona (Distinguished Restaurants of North America) Award.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
The Capital Grille - Houston - Best Restaurants in Galleria / Uptown ›
The Capital Grille - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (93)romantic (66)notable wine list (64)fit for foodies (42)good for groups (24)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (11)neighborhood gem (11)late-night find (4)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014The food is out of this world. The service is excellent and the atmosphere is perfect for a celebration or business meeting.Special Features:
- jyjykytyDined on 10/18/2014Restaurant was very nosy. We were seated by the "Wine Room", inside where it was very loud. The door to the room did not shut properly so we heard all the noise throughout our dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatsDined on 10/10/2014pricey, but food is plentiful--enough to take homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EATING WELL2DIEFOR2014Dined on 10/8/2014CELEBRATED MY BIRTHDAY @ CAPITAL GRILLE. RENE (SERVER) MADE THIS "SPECIAL" OCCASION ONE TO REMEMBER!! EXCEPTIONAL FOOD, EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingDLEMDined on 10/4/2014We celebrated our anniversary here and were very impressed. Truly a wonderful experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodJerryinokcDined on 10/3/2014I'm a fan of the Capital Grill and it never disappoints.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDeeDeeDined on 9/27/2014This was our second visit and everything was very consistent. The food and service was excellent, we have eaten at a lot of steak houses and this is one of the top!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/25/2014High quality meat, cooked perfectly to your order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudAnne828Dined on 9/16/2014The food was ok. I had the bone-in filet, garlic mashed potatoes, lobster mac and cheese.
- double couple nice eveningGMAXDined on 9/13/2014Steaks, lobster, snapper, sides, dessert, wine ... hit all the marks. Atmosphere very classy in conservative way.Special Features:
- OldtimerOldtimerDined on 9/13/2014Have been an avid fan for years. Was disappointed this past Saturday night. Steak list now includes sirloin steak, but not NY Strip Steak, or Kansas City Strip Steak, as it used to. It seems that we are now cutting what looks like a strip, but is carved out of the sirloin bulk...was tough, and medium rare choice resulted in rare. When it returned from the kitchen the second time, it was tough and grey, with a cold rare center.. This is new, and most disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treated like royalty!owlgirl92Dined on 9/5/2014In my OpenTable reservation, I mentioned that we were celebrating our 10th Anniversary, hoping we might get a nice table in a corner, away from the hustle-and-bustle. To my surprise, we arrived to find ourselves seated at a table that had been decorated with tiny hearts, a congratulatory note signed by the waitstaff, a rose for me, and complimentary flutes of champagne. To top off a wonderful meal (the Kona-rubbed sirloin was fantastic!), we were treated to a lovely "Happy Anniversary" dessert plate of espresso chocolate mousse and cheesecake. The entire experience was so memorable - thanks to Capital Grille for delicious food and elegant service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceSillygirl2Dined on 8/30/2014I've come here before but I'm thinking it will be my last time I spent close to 100 dollars and the service was HORRIBLE !!! I don't think I will come again
- Loved it!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Most likely will go down as my most favorite eating places in the Houston area and trust me, we have a lot.Special Features:
- Awesome as usualsteelguyDined on 8/29/2014This visit was our anniversary and the food was awesome as usualSpecial Features:
- Rough startOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014I made reservations through open table for 8:15 and arrived around 8:05. I asked if by chance we would get seated early and they told me it would be closer to my reservation time. No problem there thats what I was expecting. But what I wasnt expecting was waiting until after 8:30 to get sat. We asked multiple times and they kept saying they were just clearing our table and then we would sit. The hostesses we both rude about it and not friendly. But other than the too snobby stuck up girls in the front the dinner was excellent.Special Features:
- MaggieDined on 8/28/2014Only complaint I had was it seems if you are seated in the back area when they are just getting busy, you can be forgotten. Server was attentive while in the area and food was awesome, just think it has something to do with seating the back room while there are still tables available in the front areas because this is the second time I have had this experience. Food was wonderful as always.Special Features:
- Tasty for HRW and Generous PourBeanDined on 8/26/2014The steak (dry-aged bone-in 14oz strip) for HRW was delicious. The Generous Pour was delightful as usual. Service excellent.Special Features:
- A big evening outfoodiefeasterDined on 8/26/2014Fabulous food. The best steak in town. Great service. We have been there several times and will continue to return. One of Houston's best.Special Features:
- top 2 steakhouses in HoustonOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2014alongside Pappas, the two best steakhouses in Houston. Immaculate service and food.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceMcDineDined on 8/21/2014I have driven past the Capital Grille hundreds of times, but never stopped to try it out. I saw it on the restaurant week menu and decided I needed to give it a chance. .. I am glad I made that decision. The restaurant's ambiance, food, and staff are impressive! ! I will be back to dine again and I may check out the bar area... that looks like fun too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A step backwardBlf22VIPDined on 8/17/2014We have dined at Capital Grille before. Normally, our experience is very good. During this visit, the service was poor - inattentive, made us feel rushed, never checked in with us after meal was served. The food was good but not up to CG's usual standards. For the money, there are much better choices in the same neighborhood in terms of food quality and service.
- foodlover86Dined on 8/16/2014loved their "great pour" offer! the food was outstanding and so was the friendly and welcoming service!Special Features:
- Power was out!eyedocmomDined on 8/15/2014We had a reservation at 7:30. We walked in to a dark lobby - the power went out. We waited an hour in the bar - complimentary drinks! The waitress worked very hard keeping everyone's glass filled. We finally left but we will try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cap Grill Aug 15OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014The power went out so we could not eat. We had a drink and waited about 45 minutes but still no power so we had to go somewhere else.
- JonathanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014I booked my reservation at the wrong location. They were very gracious and accommodating to seat my girlfriend and I.Special Features:
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We went for my boyfriends birthday and they decorated the table, had a card for him, we got complimentary champagne and they decorated his dessert plate. It was an amazing night, they treat their guests amazingly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- burnt steakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014The calimari was awesome as well as the onion soup. Only issue was that one steak was great but the other steak although ordered medium - medium rare was delivered burnt on the outside and medium well on the inside. Only one steak was finished. Otherwise a good meal, great work buy the staff and a good experience.Special Features:
- Tasty for HRW and Generous PourBeanDined on 8/13/2014Our party went for HRW; I upgraded $10 for the bone-in kona crusted ribeye with shallot butter; so good! I also ordered the $25 generous pour (AYCD wine). Great value, service, and food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2014Beautiful restaurant with good ambiance and superb service and very good food.Special Features:
- The BestwordsmithDined on 8/13/2014An excellent menu, luxurious ambiance and over-the-top service keep us coming back, but this year's Restaurant Week menu had an item that rocketed The Capitol Grille to the top of our special occasion steak houses: the 14 oz. bone-in Kona coffee rubbed dry-aged rib eye, served with a caramelized shallot sauce. It's The Best - an amazing flavor-packed steak that you won't soon forget! Waiter Jeff Bousquet's friendly yet professional service made sure my guests enjoyed an evening that was a true celebration. We also did the "wine pour" - a tasting of seven wines - and everyone enjoyed the opportunity to sample a variety of excellent wine styles.Special Features:
- Even With the Lights Outspicedawg56VIPDined on 8/11/2014Capital Grille is the standard for "branded" steakhouses. Service is always impeccable. The steaks are always delicious and cooked to order. The wine list is robust. And the lobster mac and cheese - that alone is worth the price of admission. On this particular occasion there was a storm in Houston and a nearby transformer blew. We were without power for about 30-45m but the crew kept us up to date, kept our glasses filled, and took great care of us. I'm glad we stuck around for the kitchen to be functional again.Special Features:
- Nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/9/2014We wanted a 7 pm reservation and could only get 6 or 8. The restaurant was more than half empty until after 8 so this annoyed me. Even with a half empty restaurant we were seated at a table by the stairs where everyone has to walk past. Food and service were what I expected of a restaurant of this class. Overall it was nice but there are so many steakhouses in Houston I doubt we will go back because nothing made it exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceturbina3Dined on 8/8/2014only put "one year anniversary dinner" on the online reservation but did not expect to be greeted right as we entered the establishment. on the way to being seated, we catch a glimpse of a romantic table setting, complete with flower petals and heart confetti.. I honestly thought that the table was for someone else much more important and much more prosperous than I was but little did we know that this was the table reserved for us for dinner! how unexpected and thoughtful. we were more than pleasantly surprised, we were speechless. our waiter was great. the food was even greater. highly recommend for special occasions.Special Features:
- Generous pourDaisyVIPDined on 8/7/2014My friends and I went specifically for the generous pour event. This was my third time to do so. It was the first time the server had explained that I couldn't have all I wanted to drink. I wasn't planning to over do it, but I found it odd that the server found it necessary to explain the 'stingy pour' before I'd had anything. In the end, I don't think we were terrible customers and we didn't have more than our fair share. We had about what we would have had if we had just ordered a bottle for the same price. Service was very nice with the exception of sitting with empty glasses a lot and feeling guilty about asking for more wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!StaceyDined on 8/5/2014I went for Houston Restaurant week to celebrate my friend's birthday and it was fantastic! The food was great, service was even better, the ambiance was inviting and for special occasions they really take it seriously. This was my first time at the restaurant and I will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Houston Restaurant Weeks 2014dinerDined on 8/5/2014Went for Houston RW 2014 - in the past years of RW, portions were more generous and second course selections more varied - a little disappointed in size of RW items.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodCoachjameswillDined on 8/4/2014Everything was perfect. One of the best steaks I have ever eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HRW 2014Mary1984Dined on 8/3/2014We celebrated my birthday. It was nice upon arrival the table had bday confetti, but that's all they did for my bday. No free dessert- disappointing. Valet is available, but why when you can self park. Waiter was nice-he looked like Too Short. One thing that bothered me was business casual is their dress code, but tell me why a Caucasian male shows up in jeans and a tshirt? Filet was disappointing-no flavor. Our waiter Sean suggested the upgrade to Kona coffee dry rub steak 18oz $10 more. Very flavorful.Special Features:
- Great Experience,First time visitorroobyjenDined on 8/3/2014Houston Restaurant Week and Yelp Reviews led me to this spot for my 18th wedding anniversary celebration. Jeff was attentive and knowledgeable and the food was out-of-this-world good. For a special occasion...HIGHLY recommended. The staff that greeted us told us Happy Anniversary - they decorated our table and had a long stemmed red rose on the table. Clam Chowder, Kona Crusted Sirloin w/ Mashed & Green beans & the Flourless Chocolate Cake - Perfection! We are very budget conscious - and don't eat out at expensive places often; so the HRW special menu for $45 and the Generous Pour special for $25 was perfect. 4 of us ate (we took my parents with us) and couldn't finish it all - and the bill was $299 plus tip. Perfect for us!Special Features: