The Capital Grille - Houston - CityCentre
840 W Sam Houston Parkway N
Houston, TX 77024Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Houston - CityCentre
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 7134635051
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Todd Williamson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Houston - CityCentre
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
The Capital Grille - Houston - CityCentre - Best Restaurants in West Side ›
The Capital Grille - Houston - CityCentre reviews from OpenTable diners
173 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (128)notable wine list (92)romantic (76)fit for foodies (58)good for groups (55)great for lunch (51)neighborhood gem (36)hot spot (32)vibrant bar scene (17)great for brunch (12)late-night find (11)great for outdoor dining (9)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/26/2014The food, service and ambiance from start to finish was phenomenal! Lauren was an outstanding server. We will be back soon!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014Service was awesome!! Food was excellent! Will returnSpecial Features:
- Awesome Food, Excellent Servicefoodlover2013Dined on 9/20/2014We came here for my cousin's birthday and our server Lauren was absolutely wonderful. She even arranged for the birthday girl to have a champagne toast and dessert plate for her birthday. She was super attentive to our needs and made sure we had the best dining experience.Special Features:
- Very Good ExperiencerifflekbDined on 9/20/2014I made reservations on Saturday for that evening. Everything was flawless from the valet, to the hostess, the the very excellent waiter. He described the food in sensory detail and it was difficult to choose. He recommended the pineapple infused with vodka martini and it was one of the best vodka drinks I've had (am I am a vodka drinker). The prosciutto wrapped mozzarella (hand pulled) was a "happy dance" moment. I finally decided on the sirloin with kona rub and liquor sauce. It was fabulous and perfectly cooked medium rare. I highly recommend dinner for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - Inattentive to guestsUpbeatDined on 9/20/2014Our food was excellent. However the smaller dining room where they seated us was warm. Other tables in other rooms were available; they could have moved us. One in our party was 9 mos pregnant and quite uncomfortable. We asked about the temperature when seated and then again multiple times. They finally admitted they were having issues and put a fan at our feet. Worthless. Absurd to pay $400 for four people and not be comfortable. No concessions were made to us in this situation. Also, our waiter insisted on telling us about his life in detail. Overall, a very disappointing experience. We will not be back.
- Wonderful ServiceVivMilesVIPDined on 9/19/2014The au gratin potatoes are EXCEPTIONAL.... The wait staff really made the meal a pleasure, Richard and team did a wonderful job providing a great balance of anticapating our needs but not inserting themselves in to the evening.Special Features:
- DisappointedANEK115Dined on 9/18/2014Our first experience was amazing and when returning we had high expectations as the bar had been set. Unfortunately we were disappointed. Service was par (being extremely generous here). My steak was warm at best and had so much sauce that I could have shared with the 6 top across from us. My husbands fish was ok. When asked how our food was we said "ok" and the response, "glad you enjoyed it, can we box it up". Not really the response we were expecting. Looks like we will be returning to other steakhouses/ fine dining restaurants in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentHookedVIPDined on 9/18/2014Valet, great service, delicious food. Always a pleasure dining hereSpecial Features:
- Always GreatRamblinWreckVIPDined on 9/14/2014We had a fantastic dinner experience preceded by a drink at the bar. We love the open and spacious bar which always has great service. In the main dining area, our request to change tables was graciously accommodated. The service and our meals were outstanding, especially the Tenderloin w/ Lobster although we substituted a small Filet for the Tenderloin. The convenience of valet parking is also much appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barry OakesAustinredhouseDined on 9/13/2014Overall food was excellant, service average. Seemed like they made a couple of bd parties great. Overall noise level highSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemAlexanderDined on 9/11/2014We thoroughly enjoyed my wife's 52nd birthday there. We were waited on by Jarrett and he made us feel like we were the only diners there. Service excellence at its best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great foodpuronombreVIPDined on 9/11/2014Great service, great food, Great service, great food, Great service, great foodSpecial Features:
- Great Restaurant!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014The service is always outstanding, and the food is amazing (a personal favorite is the lobster mac and cheese!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Citris Glazed Salmonjoy56Dined on 9/3/2014The Salmon is delicious! Every dish that comes to the table is not the typical style you usually see in a restaurant. Salads are inventive and look and taste great.Special Features:
- Good food, service is another thingfoodie1864VIPDined on 8/31/2014As usual, our food was prepared just as ordered. No problems with the preparation, taste, quality, etc. However, the service was very average-definitely nothing special. I ordered the 8oz filet, which is not on the menu, but I've ordered that about a dozen times before with no issue. When it came out, it seemed pretty big. When the check came I saw that I got a 10oz filet. I ordered a drink and it came out wrong because the waiter didnt ask how I like it. We had left overs from dinner and he just asked if we were done and started taking it away until I requested to take it home. The same with dessert since their desserts are so big, we didn't finish. He began taking it away and I had t request to take it home. Poor service til the end!Special Features:
- Beyond my expectationsMotowngirlVIPDined on 8/30/2014We went to Capital Grille to celebrate my birthday and they really went above and beyond. The table was tastefully decorated, they gave us a complimentary champagne toast to start our meal, a lovely desert, a long stem red rose and THEN, they took our photo and printed it out and gave it to us in a little folder to commemorate the occasion. Needless to say I have never seen a restaurant go to such lengths for a birthday. In addition, the service was fantastic, the food delish although I have to say the filet wasn't quite as good as the one I had at Ruth Chris a couple of weeks ago. Great experience we will go back again for sure!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Aged steak cooked Medium was over cooked and the Lobster & Crab cakes were overrated.Special Features:
- HoustonBrit1Dined on 8/29/2014Their new location is as enjoyable as the Westhimer location - well done CG. This was Houston Restaurant week and Capital Grill did it again offering dinner quality from the main menu at the special rate (not every restaurant did that).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceLeeJDined on 8/29/2014Dinner was amazing with our waiter Michael, along with the other wait staff, taking superb care of us. The meal was amazing eve with the set Restaurant Weeks menu. Added on the butter poached lobster for a $10 upcharge that was definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdithEdithDined on 8/29/2014Excellent, I had salmon which was prepared perfectly. The service was excellent, our server Andrew was efficient, friendly and professional. I always enjoy dining at Capital Grill.Special Features:
- Capital GrilleHousVIPDined on 8/28/2014Capital Grille is normally one of my favorite restaurants. While this experience wasn't the best, I'll return. It is one of my favorite restaurants. Under normal conditions service is excellent, as is their food venue.Special Features:
- SandySandraGDined on 8/27/2014Great for special occasions. Wait staff is great.Special Features:
- Anniversary lunchWortheverypennyDined on 8/25/2014Wonderful Place!! Been to Capital Grille at both locations many times and never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceRobertDined on 8/24/2014First time experience. Server was great. Food was outstanding. Prices were on the expensive side, but we knew about that in advance. We'll definitely return on special occasions. Free valet parking in City Centre was a definite plus - alleviated the parking mess at City Centre.Special Features:
- Great servicequynhspinsVIPDined on 8/24/2014We had Matthew as our waiter. He was great. Made us feel comfortable and the kids as well. I would definitely recommend him and return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, a good upscale steakhouse.critic101Dined on 8/23/2014The good was great and the service was good. Ambience was noisier than the usual romantic restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingrbaustin3dDined on 8/22/2014This was first class start to finish. Love, love, love this place. We dined because of houston restaurant week. Menu was the best quality I had seen for this promo. I can see why this place is popular. It has the feel of a private club. Everything we had was excellent. steaks were dry aged and perfectly cooked. bread was hot with butter sprinkled with salt from france. ceasar salad was great with aged parmesan. deserts were perfect. flourless chocolate cake and key lime pie. Staff checked on us over and over but not obtrusively. They also have an $18 dollar menu for lunch that looked good that includes a salad and an entree. A++++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday Dinnerbeatnavy78Dined on 8/20/2014I recently took my wife here to celebrate her birthday. We were treated wonderfully from the moment we walked in the door - she was wished a Happy Birthday four times before we even reached our table. The dinner was incredible - everything was delicious, but the Kona crusted Sirloin Steak was one of the best steaks I've enjoyed in a long time. The wine list was impressive and the service was impeccable. When time came for dessert, my wife had trouble deciding between her two favorite items. Having finally made her selection, the waiters brought her both! We were treated to complimentary champagne, a rose, and a souvenir photograph of our dinner. Overall, the evening was romantic and memorable. We WILL be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slow serviceMrsLimDined on 8/20/2014The restaurant was great, they greeted us right away and was very thankful for us being there. The dinner portions were fulfilling, the wine list had a great selection. We placed our order and found ourselves finishing our food and waiting at least 10 minutes for our next course. Over all, we had a great experience but just had to wait in between for our food. Our waiter was pleasant but seemed "busy". I would return for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot for lunchmj95Dined on 8/20/2014I have been there twice in a month with different group of people and consistently staff is extremely nice and food is great.Special Features:
- Great experiencetravelpairDined on 8/19/2014This was our first visit to the Capital Grille and we can give them the highest rating for every category. The food was great and our server- Anabella- couldn't have been more helpful. She deserves a gold star herself. Would highly recommend this dining experience to any one seeking an upscale dining experience. We look forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- perfecttexasbluebonnetDined on 8/18/2014Food was outstanding. Excellent menu for foodweek. Service was the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014went for Houston Restaurant Week menu and found that the prices on the menu were not as advertised on the HRW website. Website advertised a bone in 14oz kona crusted sirloin for $45, at restaurant it was not offered but switched to $10 additional for 18oz. or regular 14 oz sirloin not kona crusted for same price as the kona crusted was advertised at. Asked server about the discrepancy before ordering but he didn't know anything. Ordered it anyway and called manager next day and after an attempt at some meek excuse was kind enough to refund the difference. Appetizers---Clam Chowder was ordinary and was served barely warm, Caeser Salad was very bland and not very good. Steaks were cooked as ordered and very good, green beans good & crunchySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovestoeatateddievsDined on 8/16/2014The Houston Restaurants Week menu was wonderful and the Generous Pour wine tasting menu was fabulous. Tobey Smith was our server and she was impeccable!Special Features:
- Great Birthday Place to CelebrateMB2615Dined on 8/15/2014The food was fantastic, staff & host werew excellent, they made my birthday so awesome and special. Thank you Chef Todd. I recommned this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesMikeVIPDined on 8/15/2014This has become my favorite steak house. The food is wonderful and the service is flawless. It surpasses the many other high end steak houses in town in my book. They also have an excellent lunch menu that is much less expensive than dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicedrewblankDined on 8/14/2014Went to the Capital Grille for the first time on the Houston Restaurant Weeks special. We had the filet minon and the salmon. Both were outstanding. The small portion deserts (for HRW) were perfect - Key Lime pie and the shortcake. Our waiter, Kevin, was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014a group of coworkers and I went for hrw lunch and it was fantastic! highly recommend this place and hope to return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the generous pour!CyndioVIPDined on 8/13/2014Went with a group of friends to check out the "generous pour" wine tasting - 7 wines for $25! Excellent wines, very generous pours, and our waiter even offered more of any of the wines we really liked. The atmosphere was relaxed, the service was great and the food was absolutely delicious. We'll definitely go again... soon!Special Features:
- EdithEdithDined on 8/13/2014Excellent food, salad was great, my salmon was prepared perfectlySpecial Features: