The Capital Grille - Hartford
44 Front Street
For GPS use 99 Columbus Blvd
Hartford, CT 06103Neighborhood:
Hartford / West Hartford
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Hartford
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (860) 244-0075
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Sebastiao Pignaton
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Hartford
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 3,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you"ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you"re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with - a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Capital Grille - Hartford - Best Restaurants in Hartford / West Hartford ›
The Capital Grille - Hartford reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (93)notable wine list (70)fit for foodies (64)romantic (60)good for groups (38)hot spot (24)great for lunch (23)vibrant bar scene (17)neighborhood gem (15)great for outdoor dining (7)late-night find (6)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Consistently great food, service, atmosphereReadyEddyDined on 11/23/2014We've chosen the Hartford location of this chain several times now for special occasions and find it to be outstanding each time. The food is outstanding - prime steaks served as ordered, great sides, great mixed drinks, attentive service without being stuffy, just a delightful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall great meal but....OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/22/2014Everything was great. Apps were great, salads were great, meats were GREAT, but...the scallops were inedible. I will give the restaurant a pass because the scallops were so bad (especially as compared to the rest of the food consumed by the group of 6) that I feel it almost had to be some kind of crazy mistake. We had to get to a show so couldn't risk the timing with sending them back so we all just shared our meat with the person who had tried the scallops. That being said, the rest of the meal was so good that I'd go back again in minute...just to be safe though, I'd stick with the meats.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good with a few exceptionspiccoloVIPDined on 11/19/2014Calamari over priced and was simplely not good have had better at local places at better value price. Also wine list was not updated as some wine desired listed but did not haveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousJoniBDined on 11/15/2014This is an amazing restaurant. The food was fabulous and the service superb!! A wonderful place when you want the BEST!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatWonderfulDined on 11/15/2014You can always count on excellent food and excellent service no matter who helps you. Consistently wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhenomenalBroadwayBlueVIPDined on 11/14/2014Have eaten at many Capital Grille's throughout the northeast and the Hartford location truly excels. Had the opportunity to meet the executive chef Sebastian who's passion for what he does is truly evident in the quality of his food. Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grill1thrifterDined on 11/10/2014Capital Grille is a wonderful place for a lovely lunch or dinner. if you're celebrating an occasion, like a birthday or anniversary, they treat you like royalty. we celebrate a friends birthday and they brought us flute of champagne and a lovely dessert duo. the food is above par. Their prefix lunch specials are exceptionally good, and wonderful if you're under time constraints. and last but not least, the service is beyond exceptional, they care more about their customers there, than any other restaurant I've ever been to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicerichrsnblmDined on 11/8/2014Everything that you'd expect from a top notch steakhouseSpecial Features:
- Up Scale Contender in HartfordFlowerPowerDined on 11/8/2014With only a few real up scale restaurants in Hartford, this one is climbing my list quickly to the top. They have great service, right down to the server calling you by name at your table. The food is terrific, and the wine list is extensive. Great spot for a business dinner or a special night out.Special Features:
- CantonboyVIPDined on 11/7/2014Great new addition to the Hartford Restaurant scene. Everything was as it should be in a classic Steak House. Beautiful setting, attentive service and fantastic food. We expected it to be pricey and it was, but it was worth it. Will surely return.Special Features:
- First time at this Cap GrilleBsb2Dined on 11/1/2014I have enjoyed quite a few Capital Grilles around the country, my favorite being Providence, RI. My primary disappointment with this one is its lack of ambiance. The bar is too "sports bar" feeling, ceilings are too high and dining area is too open to give it any comfortable elegance. The exposed Kitchen is way too showy and Metro, and the named, private wine lockers as you walk in are pretentious. The food was as expected, though this Chefs tartare was lacking presentation and actually had inedible sinew in it! Very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grille HartfordCPGburyVIPDined on 11/1/2014Another outstanding dining experience at Capital Grille! We have been several times and it's been great and consistent each time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly outstanding dining experienceReadyEddyDined on 10/25/2014We chose to celebrate our anniversary at Capital Grille and it was as special as could be. The food was outstanding - great steaks, sides, appetizers. All were exceptional. The service was impeccable, perfectly paced and beverages & water always kept full. The table was set with little red hearts and a lovely note from the management wishing us a happy anniversary, we were provided champagne toasts and a beautiful anniversary dessert platter worthy of a photograph. From start to finish, it couldn't have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- could not be nicerdinewithdaughterDined on 10/25/2014held table when we were stuck in traffic / server very knowledgeable / great nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Desserts In TownthesuziehunterDined on 10/21/2014Came in for dessert for a special occasion and could not have had a better time. Our server Michael Farrier was professional, attentive, knowledgable and personable and went out of his way to make the end of our evening memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ButterflyGardenDined on 10/21/2014We went to Capital Grille for my husband's birthday, and the service, the table decorated for his birthday, along with a personalized happy birthday card, and a complimentary dessert, and the outstanding food made for a fabulous experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Quality Food and Servicegdog17Dined on 10/17/2014Excellent experience and great quality. Top shelf restaurant in the area, everything from seating to service, to menu and food is professional and top notch. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for excellent spot for any special occasion or just to experience fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!AFV24Dined on 10/11/2014We visited Capital Grill for my husbands birthday and everything was excellent! Our server Martha was fantastic and so was the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/9/2014We have gone here for special occasions and dinner with friends. The service is always impeccable and friendly, the food exceptional, and the staff phenomenal. This is my favorite restaurant and I take very opportunity to eat there.Special Features:
- Awesomedav2wavDined on 10/9/2014Just an awesome place to eat in Hartford. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Capital Grill RocksCPGburyVIPDined on 10/7/2014The Hartford Capital Grill never disappoints. I have been several times and have always enjoyed a terrific meal and outstanding service. They have an excellent wine list, and the tables are not one on top of the other which provides a more pleasurable dining experience. I would definitely go back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My FavoriteMjc019copVIPDined on 10/3/2014As I stated in past reviews, this chain is on the top of my list. Food is prepared superbly and the staff door to chef are top shelf. I highly recommend dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesomedav2wavDined on 10/2/2014As always the Capital Grill in Hartford served up an amazing lunch. One of the best places to eat in Hartford.Special Features:
- Impressed customerElla726Dined on 9/30/2014My boyfriend and I had a great time over dinner. From the start it was easy to make the reservation to the added bonus to jot down any special request to the valet to the staff going above and beyond from what was originally requested. The staff paid attention to detail, was caring, professional and provided quick service. It was my boyfriend's birthday and he felt really special. I would recommend it to anyone! The money spent was worth the good portion provided on top of it being delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2014Have been several times, but went on Sept. 29 because I wanted a special dinner with my wife to celebrate being married for one month. It was somewhat of a last minute decision, but I was able to get a reservation. When making the reservation, I explained the occasion, asked for a somewhat secluded and romantic table, and any other amenity they were willing to provide for such an occasion. When we arrived, we were warmly greeted with a "Happy anniversary!" Also, our table was decorated with little hearts and there was a greeting card from the staff on duty that evening. Our waiter engaged us in nice conversation throughout the evening. To top it all, he brought us dessert tastings from the chef. AWESOME EVENING!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rock Solid Steak HouseTannhauserDined on 9/26/2014My son and I were in town for the Temple UConn game, and while we've been Morton's people for decades, it's gone down hill pretty substantially in the last few years. We'd tried Capital three times since and always been impressed. Our server, Marisa, was as good as they come, personable, well versed in the menu, and attentive without being overbearing. The steak tartar was of supreme quality, my steak and lobster expertly prepared from the highest quality specimens. Wonderful atmosphere, and from the valet, to the hostess, to the runners, top quality. Borderline, this could be a five star review, I just don't hand them out that often.Special Features:
- I'd say the Best steak house everAJ5383Dined on 9/25/2014Been to many steakhouses all over the country (Ruth Chris, Eddie Merlot, Hyde Park, Mitchell's) and this one tops them all. They have banquet rooms that are sure to please any small to medium size group (3 to be exact!) but the service and food were incredible. They have an extremely great relationship with the Marriott across the street and on a Thursday night they were packed. I'd say this is probably the treasure of Hartford, CT and if this restaurant can't revitalize the night life in downtown Hartford I don't know what can. Kudos to General Manager Michael Farrier and his entire staff. Restaurant well done and wishing you many successes for the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakhouse in HartfordSharonCTVIPDined on 9/21/2014I have eaten here several times and each time is as good as the first. Service is always perfect. Special orders are accommodated with a smile. If you want to share something, they will divide it up for you and plate it separately in the kitchen. Everything is fabulous. Order anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Husbands birthday!always specialtsm22222Dined on 9/20/2014We've gone for my husbands birthday the last two years and the staff makes it extra special. Last yr they had just opened so there were some bumps but they comped us soo much food it was ridiculous! This yr they again decorated our table, brought champagne and a delicious piece of cake. The food was amazing, the seafood platter is a must! My husbands steak was perfect!Special Features:
- harftordDined on 9/20/2014Excellent! We were a party of ten celebating a big birthday and they gave us a pirvate room and a special dessert. The room was nice as it make the dinner so much more intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent againMpleon99VIPDined on 9/13/2014We dined here last year for my husbands birthday. It was fantastic. The service is outstanding as is the food. It is pricey but for a special occasion well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!Linda625Dined on 9/12/2014We brought friends on a Friday night and had the most marvelous experience. Everything was exceptional. We had four different entrées and nothing was disappointing. Our server, David, was outstanding and could answer every question we asked of him. We also were going to the theater afterwards and he took that into account and got us out in time without rushing us. I would recommend this experience to anyone. Although pricey, it's worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusanVIPDined on 9/12/2014Dinner at the capital grille was the best. We ordered beef and seafood. It was delicious ! Our server Michael was outstanding. He assessed our likes and made suggestions that were perfect for us! I would look forward to having him as our server again. Great atmosphere, food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Bad Capital Grille ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2014The Capital Grille is one of my favorite steakhouses, but this night it wasn't good and even verged on terrible. The steaks weren't seared and weren't served at the right temperature, the calamari tasted like it was frozen, and the server was cheesy - saying things like "I have created a few specials for you tonight". I will chalk this one up to everyplace has a bad night once in a while.
- Excellent service/Excellent foodDineyDined on 8/30/2014Our experience at The Capital Grille - Hartford was EXCELLENT! From the friendly greeting by the hostess to the final Happy Anniversary (complimentary) dessert! We were seated at a small 2 top booth...the table was decorated with heart shaped confetti...there was a hand written note from the staff wishing us a Happy Anniversary...the waiter, John LeBlanc, was superb; friendly, knowledgable, gentle in his suggestions....really a great server. The complimentary champagne was also a nice gesture... The entrees were top notch...great steaks...mashed potatoes were out of this world...over all a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentHikerTravelerDined on 8/23/2014Delicious steaks, extensive wine list, excellent service.......a bit pricey, but the quality shows. I do not mind paying for excellence if that is what I get. It irks me when you pay top dollar and get a run of the mill meal. This is quality. A small "points off" for the dining lighting. It is kept at a very low setting. Nice for romance, but it could have been just a bit brighter. Had to break out my cheaters to read the menu :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best meals I ever had!NDinCTDined on 8/9/2014Food is outstanding. Expensive, but you get what you pay for! Superb wine selection and awesome service. Overall, one of the best dine out experiences I've ever had. We will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food. Better servicePrecisionDined on 8/4/2014I visited the Hartford location for an impromptu lunch. The level of service I experienced was the best that I've encountered out of any restaurant. Very attentive waiters, waitresses, and management. The food was great also. I enjoyed the the complimentary seeded bread and cracker, the clam chowder, and the dry aged sirloin. The sirloin was very juicy but it was the cracked pepper that made it outstanding. Very flavorful and fresh. But dessert took the cake (pardon the pun)! The flourless chocolate espresso cake was very small so I didn't expect much of it, but wow! Dense and bursting with flavor, it was downright amazing. Overall, my first experience at The Capital Grille was very memorable and enjoyable! I shall return...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingLorrieinBoltonDined on 8/3/2014Not impressed with Ruth Chris on the Berlin Turnpike. Love the Shrimp Alexander at Morton's in downtown Hartford. But Capital Grille is where it's at. Their beef truly is exceptional. And the flourless chocolate espresso cake is fabulous. Their Taste of Hartford menu was a great bargain. My only quibble is that my Caesar salad was so lightly dressed as to be virtually tasteless. Fortunately our server asked how the salad was and was quick to dash to the kitchen and get dressing. Did I mention the bread assortment? Very tempting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- debbieful10Dined on 8/2/2014Of all the top-level steakhouses in the Hartford area, this is the best. The service is excellent from the moment they valet-park your car (free), the food is top-notch and the ambience is wonderful. Best of all, it is not one of those steakhouses where the waiter feels compelled to spend five minutes instructing you on the menu, what you should like and how you should have it cooked. It's all about classy customer service, without the snootiness. They also have a very nice bar with plenty of high-top tables you can hang or eat at. I highly recommend it.Special Features: