The Capital Grille - Hartford
44 Front Street
For GPS use 99 Columbus Blvd
Hartford, CT 06103Neighborhood:
Hartford / West Hartford
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Hartford
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 8602440075x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Sebastiao Pignaton
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Hartford
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 3,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you"ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you"re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with - a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Capital Grille - Hartford - Best Restaurants in Hartford / West Hartford ›
The Capital Grille - Hartford reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (100)notable wine list (73)fit for foodies (64)romantic (64)good for groups (33)great for lunch (24)hot spot (19)vibrant bar scene (19)neighborhood gem (14)great for outdoor dining (13)late-night find (8)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Top Quality Food and Servicegdog17Dined on 10/17/2014Excellent experience and great quality. Top shelf restaurant in the area, everything from seating to service, to menu and food is professional and top notch. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for excellent spot for any special occasion or just to experience fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!AFV24Dined on 10/11/2014We visited Capital Grill for my husbands birthday and everything was excellent! Our server Martha was fantastic and so was the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesomedav2wavDined on 10/9/2014Just an awesome place to eat in Hartford. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Capital Grill RocksCPGburyVIPDined on 10/7/2014The Hartford Capital Grill never disappoints. I have been several times and have always enjoyed a terrific meal and outstanding service. They have an excellent wine list, and the tables are not one on top of the other which provides a more pleasurable dining experience. I would definitely go back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesomedav2wavDined on 10/2/2014As always the Capital Grill in Hartford served up an amazing lunch. One of the best places to eat in Hartford.Special Features:
- Impressed customerElla726Dined on 9/30/2014My boyfriend and I had a great time over dinner. From the start it was easy to make the reservation to the added bonus to jot down any special request to the valet to the staff going above and beyond from what was originally requested. The staff paid attention to detail, was caring, professional and provided quick service. It was my boyfriend's birthday and he felt really special. I would recommend it to anyone! The money spent was worth the good portion provided on top of it being delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2014Have been several times, but went on Sept. 29 because I wanted a special dinner with my wife to celebrate being married for one month. It was somewhat of a last minute decision, but I was able to get a reservation. When making the reservation, I explained the occasion, asked for a somewhat secluded and romantic table, and any other amenity they were willing to provide for such an occasion. When we arrived, we were warmly greeted with a "Happy anniversary!" Also, our table was decorated with little hearts and there was a greeting card from the staff on duty that evening. Our waiter engaged us in nice conversation throughout the evening. To top it all, he brought us dessert tastings from the chef. AWESOME EVENING!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rock Solid Steak HouseTannhauserDined on 9/26/2014My son and I were in town for the Temple UConn game, and while we've been Morton's people for decades, it's gone down hill pretty substantially in the last few years. We'd tried Capital three times since and always been impressed. Our server, Marisa, was as good as they come, personable, well versed in the menu, and attentive without being overbearing. The steak tartar was of supreme quality, my steak and lobster expertly prepared from the highest quality specimens. Wonderful atmosphere, and from the valet, to the hostess, to the runners, top quality. Borderline, this could be a five star review, I just don't hand them out that often.Special Features:
- I'd say the Best steak house everAJ5383Dined on 9/25/2014Been to many steakhouses all over the country (Ruth Chris, Eddie Merlot, Hyde Park, Mitchell's) and this one tops them all. They have banquet rooms that are sure to please any small to medium size group (3 to be exact!) but the service and food were incredible. They have an extremely great relationship with the Marriott across the street and on a Thursday night they were packed. I'd say this is probably the treasure of Hartford, CT and if this restaurant can't revitalize the night life in downtown Hartford I don't know what can. Kudos to General Manager Michael Farrier and his entire staff. Restaurant well done and wishing you many successes for the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakhouse in HartfordSharonCTVIPDined on 9/21/2014I have eaten here several times and each time is as good as the first. Service is always perfect. Special orders are accommodated with a smile. If you want to share something, they will divide it up for you and plate it separately in the kitchen. Everything is fabulous. Order anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Husbands birthday!always specialtsm22222Dined on 9/20/2014We've gone for my husbands birthday the last two years and the staff makes it extra special. Last yr they had just opened so there were some bumps but they comped us soo much food it was ridiculous! This yr they again decorated our table, brought champagne and a delicious piece of cake. The food was amazing, the seafood platter is a must! My husbands steak was perfect!Special Features:
- harftordDined on 9/20/2014Excellent! We were a party of ten celebating a big birthday and they gave us a pirvate room and a special dessert. The room was nice as it make the dinner so much more intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent againMpleon99VIPDined on 9/13/2014We dined here last year for my husbands birthday. It was fantastic. The service is outstanding as is the food. It is pricey but for a special occasion well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!Linda625Dined on 9/12/2014We brought friends on a Friday night and had the most marvelous experience. Everything was exceptional. We had four different entrées and nothing was disappointing. Our server, David, was outstanding and could answer every question we asked of him. We also were going to the theater afterwards and he took that into account and got us out in time without rushing us. I would recommend this experience to anyone. Although pricey, it's worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusanVIPDined on 9/12/2014Dinner at the capital grille was the best. We ordered beef and seafood. It was delicious ! Our server Michael was outstanding. He assessed our likes and made suggestions that were perfect for us! I would look forward to having him as our server again. Great atmosphere, food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Bad Capital Grille ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2014The Capital Grille is one of my favorite steakhouses, but this night it wasn't good and even verged on terrible. The steaks weren't seared and weren't served at the right temperature, the calamari tasted like it was frozen, and the server was cheesy - saying things like "I have created a few specials for you tonight". I will chalk this one up to everyplace has a bad night once in a while.
- Excellent service/Excellent foodDineyDined on 8/30/2014Our experience at The Capital Grille - Hartford was EXCELLENT! From the friendly greeting by the hostess to the final Happy Anniversary (complimentary) dessert! We were seated at a small 2 top booth...the table was decorated with heart shaped confetti...there was a hand written note from the staff wishing us a Happy Anniversary...the waiter, John LeBlanc, was superb; friendly, knowledgable, gentle in his suggestions....really a great server. The complimentary champagne was also a nice gesture... The entrees were top notch...great steaks...mashed potatoes were out of this world...over all a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentHikerTravelerDined on 8/23/2014Delicious steaks, extensive wine list, excellent service.......a bit pricey, but the quality shows. I do not mind paying for excellence if that is what I get. It irks me when you pay top dollar and get a run of the mill meal. This is quality. A small "points off" for the dining lighting. It is kept at a very low setting. Nice for romance, but it could have been just a bit brighter. Had to break out my cheaters to read the menu :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best meals I ever had!NDinCTDined on 8/9/2014Food is outstanding. Expensive, but you get what you pay for! Superb wine selection and awesome service. Overall, one of the best dine out experiences I've ever had. We will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food. Better servicePrecisionDined on 8/4/2014I visited the Hartford location for an impromptu lunch. The level of service I experienced was the best that I've encountered out of any restaurant. Very attentive waiters, waitresses, and management. The food was great also. I enjoyed the the complimentary seeded bread and cracker, the clam chowder, and the dry aged sirloin. The sirloin was very juicy but it was the cracked pepper that made it outstanding. Very flavorful and fresh. But dessert took the cake (pardon the pun)! The flourless chocolate espresso cake was very small so I didn't expect much of it, but wow! Dense and bursting with flavor, it was downright amazing. Overall, my first experience at The Capital Grille was very memorable and enjoyable! I shall return...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingLorrieinBoltonDined on 8/3/2014Not impressed with Ruth Chris on the Berlin Turnpike. Love the Shrimp Alexander at Morton's in downtown Hartford. But Capital Grille is where it's at. Their beef truly is exceptional. And the flourless chocolate espresso cake is fabulous. Their Taste of Hartford menu was a great bargain. My only quibble is that my Caesar salad was so lightly dressed as to be virtually tasteless. Fortunately our server asked how the salad was and was quick to dash to the kitchen and get dressing. Did I mention the bread assortment? Very tempting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- debbieful10Dined on 8/2/2014Of all the top-level steakhouses in the Hartford area, this is the best. The service is excellent from the moment they valet-park your car (free), the food is top-notch and the ambience is wonderful. Best of all, it is not one of those steakhouses where the waiter feels compelled to spend five minutes instructing you on the menu, what you should like and how you should have it cooked. It's all about classy customer service, without the snootiness. They also have a very nice bar with plenty of high-top tables you can hang or eat at. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Went to Capital Grille in Hartford for our 7 year anniversary and had a fantastic experience. The food was delicious, the waiter was very knowledgeable and personable (a Veteran too!), and we were never rushed through dinner. Also, we enjoyed the wine tasting which included 3 whites, 4 reds, and a surprise port wine for dessert. The wine tasting was for a limited time only and we're glad we tried it. Overall, a very memorable experience.Special Features:
- noelorrDined on 8/2/2014Our waiter David was excellent and attentive. I did not care for my salad and they took it off the bill.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in HartfordJohnVIPDined on 8/1/2014The capital Grille is one of my favorites. So glad that they opened one in Hartford. This one is just as good as every other one I have been to in big cities. And, what a treat to be able to get a steal during restaurant week in Hartford. Erin the server was amazing!!!Special Features:
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Absolutely loved the food, overall experience, and atmosphere. Service was great and everyone from the hostess station to servers to runners treated my table great. I would def come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!LesleyGDined on 8/1/2014Called after I made the initial reservation to tell them it was our wedding anniversary. Greeted with "Congratulations" by many staff members. Table had rose petals on it and 2 glasses of champagne for us. Service was exceptional. It was Restaurant Week so we had a fabulous dinner and participated in the Generous Pour tastings too. We had been here before but just for apps and drinks. Would highly recommend. Thanks everyone for making it such a special night.Special Features:
- Excellent DiningfantasticDined on 7/31/2014We visited Capital Grille as part of Hartford's Restaurant Week (although we have been there several times before for special occasions). We were not disappointed. The selection was excellent and more than ample, with various entrees for all. Service was excellent and we especially like restaurants where your meal is served when ready and hot, not just when your server can pick up. We will continue to go back when we are celebrating special events.Special Features:
- AmazingGarciaDined on 7/30/2014I had a wonderful experience. We were celebrating our 9 year anniversary and they treated us amazing. They put hearts on the table and had an envelope with Happy Anniversary! The food was delicious, it was a perfect nite. Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but VERY noisy!!BABS49Dined on 7/30/20146 of us went for Taste of Hartford and while the food was very good, the noise level was so loud conversation was next to impossible. We had to shout at each other just to be heard at the same table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/29/2014I was very excited to see that Capital Grille participated in restaurant week; otherwise I may not have tried it.Special Features:
- Ever reliable!OldGnarlyDudeDined on 7/29/2014Capital Grille maintains an excellent standard across the restaurants that carry their name. This one is Hartford Downtown was exceptional. A new property, it feels fresh and vibrant and the bar out front is great too if you have to you have to wait to be seated. Always great for business meetings.Special Features:
- chefieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014This restaurant provided delicious food and high caliber service from all of their staff, our server Alex was very knowledgeable on both the menu and the wine list. Lovely atmosphere and both the beverage manager and owner stopped by to ensure a good experience in their restaurant.Special Features:
- OverratedShortGirlDined on 7/28/2014There was so much buzz about it that I had to try it. The food was average - if going by price, sub-par. Caesar salad - i've had much better. The filet was quite tender...but at these prices, i've also had better. My companion's aged sirloin was full of gristle. The mashed potatoes a bit on the gluey side. The best part of the meal was the cheesecake. Outstanding. i've had the opportunity to sample the lobster mac 'n cheese at an event. For that particular item, it's worth the trip. The beef - not so much. The atmosphere lovely, the servicemoutstanding. But the place felt pretentious.Special Features:
- The steak was perfectionrunner19Dined on 7/27/2014Service was wonderful our waiter treated us like family ,the food was pretty good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for date nightNewtoHartfordDined on 7/26/2014Took my girlfriend here Saturday, both of our firsts at a Capital Grille and it did not disappoint. Food was excellent, service was superb and the atmosphere is exactly what I had hoped for. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital GrilleJCorDined on 7/26/2014I can't say enough about the food and service here. Each dish was better than the last and the $25 wine special they have going is a great deal! Service- Alex was our server for the evening and he couldn't have been better. He was friendly, fun and incredibly knowledgeable about the menu. He offered many suggestions for improving our meal and was by far the best server I've had in a long time. The managing partner, Joseph was friendly and welcoming. He was consistently ensuring we were well taken care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining restaurantMarieDined on 7/26/2014This is my second time dining there and I was as impressed the second time as the first. Excellent place if you want to feel special. The service is above expectation. The food is above excellent. We were a party of 6 and everyone one of us were very pleased with our meals. We took advantage of the Taste of Hartford offer and we thought our portions and selection would be smaller than regular menu, but we were very pleased with the quality and the portions. Can't say enough good things about this restaurant. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- great night outyumkcDined on 7/26/2014tried it for taste of hartford. service was excellent. staff were very attentive without being overbearing. food was good too especially the mashed potatoes and dessert. will go again to try other items on the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeborahDined on 7/26/2014Capital Grille in Hartford was a lovely and reliably excellent dining experience especially for a quality and well prepared steak. The service was wonderful from start to finish. I would go back in an instantSpecial Features: