The Capital Grille - Garden City
630 Old Country Road
Garden City, NY 11530Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Garden City
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 5167461675x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Emily Spinazola
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Garden City
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles… awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you"ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Capital Grille - Garden City - Best Restaurants in Garden City ›
The Capital Grille - Garden City reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (126)notable wine list (96)good for groups (69)fit for foodies (64)romantic (58)neighborhood gem (35)great for lunch (30)vibrant bar scene (26)hot spot (25)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Excellent!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014Food and service were excellent. Would highly recommend this restaurant !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak!AndeDined on 9/13/2014I ordered the special porterhouse steak.....a 10! The service was perfect, and the over-all vibe was welcoming.Special Features:
- Great for special occasions!nyfoodieDined on 9/6/2014Took my parents here for their 31st wedding anniversary and called ahead to mention our reason for dining. Our experience was absolutely fantastic, everyone at Capital Grille went above and beyond to create a memorable dining experience for us. Our waiter Jeremy was very attentive and the food was of the best quality. I could not have asked for a better dinner experience for my parents, will definitely be going back to celebrate other occasions at Capital Grille-Garden City!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steakhouse w notable food optionsLisaVIPDined on 9/6/2014Great steaks to compete w the best of them but also has an extensive menu of other prepared foods! Wine list, overwhelming for all price pts. When dining in a place like this, would like to see the wait staff slightly more formal & less casual in demeanor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dining experience.AHou2Dined on 9/6/2014After much consideration of where to go, Capital Grille was absolutely the best decision I could have made to celebrate my daughter's 21st birthday. By sharing the special occasion prior to coming with the restaurant, I had no idea how the staff would go above and beyond with such awesome acknowledgement. From the subtle, yet simple table decoration to each of the staff wishing her a happy birthday ending the evening with a champagne toast and keepsake photo was such a nice touch. KUDOS to you Capital Grille and thanks for an amazing dining experience, one in which my daughter proclaimed was her "best birthday ever!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing!!fatboynellyDined on 9/5/2014was abit skeptical due to fact that it was in shopping mall area,but once inside restaurant it was a whole other world.great welcome,we were seated promptly.waitress was very polite and welcoming.explained menu,went over specials,answered all of our questions and made great recommendations.drinks were good but small for price.food was amazing!!could not believe the quality and taste!every bite was better than the last!wil defenately go back,great job guysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for a QueenNaySDined on 9/1/2014My husband and I enjoyed a delicious lunch with our family. The lobster salad was scrumptious and the coconut cream pie ... To die for!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagnificentOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/31/2014There are no words to describe the above and beyond ultra personal luxuriousness that I received at this restaurant.Special Features:
- ExceptionalBabsDined on 8/30/2014Four of us had dinner and all four of us found our meals to be outstanding!Special Features:
- Great steak!MaryLVIPDined on 8/30/2014As always, a great evening! Although it was a very crowded Saturday night (and a holiday weekend), we were greeted warmly and seated promptly in a comfortable booth. Understated/elegant decor and jazz soundtrack added to the ambiance. "Team" service was seamless, as a host of people proceeded to devote themselves to making sure we had everything we could possibly want. The lobster bisque special was outstanding--velvety, with what seemed like a whole lobster swimming in it. Filets were cooked to perfection, sides nicely presented and ample. Recommend highly, and will return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure experience!JuanQDined on 8/29/2014No matter the occasion, It's always a wonderful experience dining at The Capital Grille. We're always looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place and nice wine listannmarieVIPDined on 8/28/2014I love the capital grille . the food was amazing but the service was too much, The girl was nice but came to the table too often. We were trying to have a conversation. too many interruptions.Special Features:
- Great mealJellybeanVIPDined on 8/27/2014The steaks were excellent!!!!! No better place to enjoy a great meal. Service was excellent Love this place, as they do everything to please the guests for dinnerSpecial Features:
- Consistently excellentRDS45Dined on 8/27/2014Our visit was to celebrate becoming grandparents. The server, Dany, was exceptional. His knowledge of the menu was impressive. The food was well prepared and delicious. Dany came by several times to make sure we were satisfied. At the end if the meal, the restaurant provided a lovely dessert with Congratulations written in chocolate. A very nice touch and the perfect ending to a fabulous meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointededjoDined on 8/27/2014While most of the food was quite good, the T Bone steak was rather tasteless and dry. Even the Delmonico was less than wonderful.Special Features:
- Fine Dining at it's Finest!MaddieVIPDined on 8/23/2014You don't have to travel to the Manhattan, the Hamptons, to have the finest in cocktails, wines, seafood, meats. We are lucky to have a local Gem in our area. The staff gives personal attention to make every dining experience special.Special Features:
- Great steak/seafood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014From the moment you walk in you feel very welcome. We had drinks at the bar before dinner, the bartender was very respectfully of people's privacy and very quick to serve. We went to our table where the wait staff was very knowledgable of the menu. We were not rush out, each course was brought out with the appropriate amount of time in between,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014perfect steak perfect lobster and a light french red by the glass...cant ask for much more than thatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food and ServiceLouEastMeadowVIPDined on 8/22/2014We had been to The Capital Grille in Garden City several times before but the service we received this time was above and beyond what you would expect even at their price point. Molly Costello was our server and I swear she was in my head and could anticipate my every wish. After I ordered their "Generous Pour" wine tasting, I relied on her selections to be paired with all of my courses. I was not disappointed. I ordered the porcini Delmonico steak and it was to die for. My dinner guests had filet mignon and they were equally pleased. Everything was cooked to perfection as was the presentation. Compliments to the entire staff for making our visit a very memorable one.Special Features:
- Our first timeStephenDined on 8/22/2014I cannot begin to express how happy we were with both the food and service at The Capital Grille in Garden City. We were seated on time, the server Manny was one of the best I have ever had. Pleasant, professional and very knowledgeable of all aspects of the menu. He made the experience personal, as we mentioned we were celebrating my daughter going overseas to study and he brought back "CONGRATS" little confetti to put on the table. A very simple example of going above to make the guest feel good. Oh yea, the food - from appetizer to main course just perfect, prepared 100% and completely devoured by all six of us, no leftovers!Special Features:
- Special in every wayBeachfoodieDined on 8/22/2014I made a request for " belated birthday, quiet table, we want to talk". Could not have been more perfect. Fabulous unobtrusive service, nice table with card acknowledging Birthday, yummy food, great complimentary dessert for the birthday boy. The "generous pours" were so large that I did not finish all of them for fear of DWI. A memorable experience with no attitude. The Delmonico was big enough for my husband's dinner the next day.Special Features:
- VicnValDined on 8/21/2014Went for a spur of the moment celebration and they did a fab job making it special. Food was outstanding. From appetizer to dessert we were totally satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excelent food and servicesteakVIPDined on 8/21/2014would definitly recomend and retyurn soon. friendly atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great birthday celebrationcitygirlVIPDined on 8/21/2014Capital Grille really does an outstanding job at making your birthday or anniversary celebrations special and their service is superb. We love going to this location for our special events in our family.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceJohnDined on 8/21/2014This place never disappoints. No matter what you order everything comes out exactly as it should-- full of flavor and delivered right on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!!foodie318Dined on 8/21/2014This restaurant has made the top 3 on my list. We started our night with a spectacular server Lisa Clark. She was very knowledgeable about the wines and was very attentive to the table. The appetizer's were a delight to have the Lobster and Crab cakes were amazing and the pan fried calamari was cooked to perfection. There daily soup was a lobster bisque made to order. It had a great flavor and a generous amount of lobster in the soup. For the main coarse we had the Tuna it was seared to perfection and the choice of there 3 dipping sauces were a perfect pairing. The desserts were a great finish to a great meal. We will definitely be returning again to enjoy the service and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happyDined on 8/20/2014Wonderful service, personal attention makes you feel special. Food delicious and nicely presented and served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasureableNickDined on 8/19/2014Picked this place to celebrate our 36th anniversary. Glad we did. They had our reservations, the staff was very friendly, we were promptly seated in a very nice booth. They were kind enough to have an anniversary card waiting at the table. The waiter and staff were very attentive and the steaks we ordered was worth the price they charge. Would recommend it to others.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT ALL AROUND!!Hcgolf4funVIPDined on 8/18/2014The service,food,staff and management were all excellent. Very accommodating. This restaurant is my favorite steakhouse. We have been to other notable steakhouses in Long Island and in the city and still this tops them all with the outstanding service and excellent food. It is not also excellent in steaks but everything else. I have had seafood and lamb chops as well and they were excellent quality cuts. Need to try this restaurant if you haven't done so.Special Features:
- Generous Pour? Not with OUR server!MassRoadWarriorVIPDined on 8/17/2014In the past, we have participated in the Generous Pour promo and it has proved to be a very enjoyable evening. On this occasion, my brother-in-law was taking my wife out for her birthday and we were excited that this promo was still going on. However, we were VERY disappointed with our server. He immediately informed us that this was a "pairing event" and it became clear that he wanted to control the wines. He poured us the first 2 whites and we were nearly done with our appetizers when he disappeared. As the steaks were being served, he poured the Pinot Noir and again was MIA. Finally, he showed up with the cab and meritage as we were finishing our dinners. Other tables had multiple varietals to sample concurrently. But not us!
- Birthday celebration.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014We celebrated my husband birthday. The stuff made him feel very special,the food was great and the service was amazing. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!nickycuzDined on 8/16/2014I got what I expected excellent food and service. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who asks. The coconut cream pie at the end was great and teh steak and fish was great as wellSpecial Features:
- BirthdayDined on 8/10/2014Excellent food and service, we were treated very well with all aspect of fine dining.Special Features:
- Good if your dining by the mallAsheeVIPDined on 8/7/2014I dine all over nyc & love city dining but decided to try the garden city location! Food is good but not the best presentation & staff was not the most focused! I'm sure they were maybe just off today but if your fine dining by the mall it's #1
- JessOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2014Fantastic service by Rachel, fantastic food! They went all out for my mothers 85 bdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- remarkablemaralsdines1Dined on 8/6/2014made my best friends birthday amazing and unforgettableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinnerAnthonypDined on 8/2/2014Service was beyond awesome I went here for my girlfriends birthday dinner and believe me everything was amazing...our server was Richard G and he was beyond awesome. I made reservations via opentable and as soon as we checked in my girlfriend was greeted by a "happy birthday" we got seated in less than 3 mins. Once we went to our table a happy birthday card was already there for my girlfriend. Very classy the good was amazing the service was awesome I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a new eating experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long Island DiningPatickDined on 8/2/2014I've been to Capial Grille a few times in the city and have always had a good time and good meal. The same can be said about the Long Island location. Always a solid experiece.Special Features:
- Five StarRMBivoneDined on 8/2/2014Food and service were great. A very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jlupeVIPDined on 7/31/2014Took my husband for his birthday again this year because they did such a great job last time. They did not dissapoint. The service was spot on and the food was fantastic! I think this is now a standing tradition.Special Features: