The Capital Grille - Garden City
630 Old Country Road
Garden City, NY 11530Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Garden City
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 5167461675x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Emily Spinazola
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Garden City
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles… awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you"ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Capital Grille - Garden City - Best Restaurants in Garden City ›
The Capital Grille - Garden City reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (126)notable wine list (93)good for groups (71)fit for foodies (60)romantic (58)neighborhood gem (36)great for lunch (33)hot spot (26)vibrant bar scene (26)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- great place and nice wine listannmarieVIPDined on 8/28/2014I love the capital grille . the food was amazing but the service was too much, The girl was nice but came to the table too often. We were trying to have a conversation. too many interruptions.Special Features:
- Great mealJellybeanVIPDined on 8/27/2014The steaks were excellent!!!!! No better place to enjoy a great meal. Service was excellent Love this place, as they do everything to please the guests for dinnerSpecial Features:
- Consistently excellentRDS45Dined on 8/27/2014Our visit was to celebrate becoming grandparents. The server, Dany, was exceptional. His knowledge of the menu was impressive. The food was well prepared and delicious. Dany came by several times to make sure we were satisfied. At the end if the meal, the restaurant provided a lovely dessert with Congratulations written in chocolate. A very nice touch and the perfect ending to a fabulous meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointededjoDined on 8/27/2014While most of the food was quite good, the T Bone steak was rather tasteless and dry. Even the Delmonico was less than wonderful.Special Features:
- Fine Dining at it's Finest!MaddieDined on 8/23/2014You don't have to travel to the Manhattan, the Hamptons, to have the finest in cocktails, wines, seafood, meats. We are lucky to have a local Gem in our area. The staff gives personal attention to make every dining experience special.Special Features:
- Great steak/seafood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014From the moment you walk in you feel very welcome. We had drinks at the bar before dinner, the bartender was very respectfully of people's privacy and very quick to serve. We went to our table where the wait staff was very knowledgable of the menu. We were not rush out, each course was brought out with the appropriate amount of time in between,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014perfect steak perfect lobster and a light french red by the glass...cant ask for much more than thatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food and ServiceLouEastMeadowVIPDined on 8/22/2014We had been to The Capital Grille in Garden City several times before but the service we received this time was above and beyond what you would expect even at their price point. Molly Costello was our server and I swear she was in my head and could anticipate my every wish. After I ordered their "Generous Pour" wine tasting, I relied on her selections to be paired with all of my courses. I was not disappointed. I ordered the porcini Delmonico steak and it was to die for. My dinner guests had filet mignon and they were equally pleased. Everything was cooked to perfection as was the presentation. Compliments to the entire staff for making our visit a very memorable one.Special Features:
- Our first timeStephenDined on 8/22/2014I cannot begin to express how happy we were with both the food and service at The Capital Grille in Garden City. We were seated on time, the server Manny was one of the best I have ever had. Pleasant, professional and very knowledgeable of all aspects of the menu. He made the experience personal, as we mentioned we were celebrating my daughter going overseas to study and he brought back "CONGRATS" little confetti to put on the table. A very simple example of going above to make the guest feel good. Oh yea, the food - from appetizer to main course just perfect, prepared 100% and completely devoured by all six of us, no leftovers!Special Features:
- Special in every wayBeachfoodieDined on 8/22/2014I made a request for " belated birthday, quiet table, we want to talk". Could not have been more perfect. Fabulous unobtrusive service, nice table with card acknowledging Birthday, yummy food, great complimentary dessert for the birthday boy. The "generous pours" were so large that I did not finish all of them for fear of DWI. A memorable experience with no attitude. The Delmonico was big enough for my husband's dinner the next day.Special Features:
- VicnValDined on 8/21/2014Went for a spur of the moment celebration and they did a fab job making it special. Food was outstanding. From appetizer to dessert we were totally satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excelent food and servicesteakVIPDined on 8/21/2014would definitly recomend and retyurn soon. friendly atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great birthday celebrationcitygirlVIPDined on 8/21/2014Capital Grille really does an outstanding job at making your birthday or anniversary celebrations special and their service is superb. We love going to this location for our special events in our family.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceJohnDined on 8/21/2014This place never disappoints. No matter what you order everything comes out exactly as it should-- full of flavor and delivered right on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!!foodie318Dined on 8/21/2014This restaurant has made the top 3 on my list. We started our night with a spectacular server Lisa Clark. She was very knowledgeable about the wines and was very attentive to the table. The appetizer's were a delight to have the Lobster and Crab cakes were amazing and the pan fried calamari was cooked to perfection. There daily soup was a lobster bisque made to order. It had a great flavor and a generous amount of lobster in the soup. For the main coarse we had the Tuna it was seared to perfection and the choice of there 3 dipping sauces were a perfect pairing. The desserts were a great finish to a great meal. We will definitely be returning again to enjoy the service and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happyDined on 8/20/2014Wonderful service, personal attention makes you feel special. Food delicious and nicely presented and served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasureableNickDined on 8/19/2014Picked this place to celebrate our 36th anniversary. Glad we did. They had our reservations, the staff was very friendly, we were promptly seated in a very nice booth. They were kind enough to have an anniversary card waiting at the table. The waiter and staff were very attentive and the steaks we ordered was worth the price they charge. Would recommend it to others.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT ALL AROUND!!Hcgolf4funVIPDined on 8/18/2014The service,food,staff and management were all excellent. Very accommodating. This restaurant is my favorite steakhouse. We have been to other notable steakhouses in Long Island and in the city and still this tops them all with the outstanding service and excellent food. It is not also excellent in steaks but everything else. I have had seafood and lamb chops as well and they were excellent quality cuts. Need to try this restaurant if you haven't done so.Special Features:
- Generous Pour? Not with OUR server!MassRoadWarriorVIPDined on 8/17/2014In the past, we have participated in the Generous Pour promo and it has proved to be a very enjoyable evening. On this occasion, my brother-in-law was taking my wife out for her birthday and we were excited that this promo was still going on. However, we were VERY disappointed with our server. He immediately informed us that this was a "pairing event" and it became clear that he wanted to control the wines. He poured us the first 2 whites and we were nearly done with our appetizers when he disappeared. As the steaks were being served, he poured the Pinot Noir and again was MIA. Finally, he showed up with the cab and meritage as we were finishing our dinners. Other tables had multiple varietals to sample concurrently. But not us!
- Birthday celebration.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014We celebrated my husband birthday. The stuff made him feel very special,the food was great and the service was amazing. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!nickycuzDined on 8/16/2014I got what I expected excellent food and service. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who asks. The coconut cream pie at the end was great and teh steak and fish was great as wellSpecial Features:
- BirthdayDined on 8/10/2014Excellent food and service, we were treated very well with all aspect of fine dining.Special Features:
- Good if your dining by the mallAsheeVIPDined on 8/7/2014I dine all over nyc & love city dining but decided to try the garden city location! Food is good but not the best presentation & staff was not the most focused! I'm sure they were maybe just off today but if your fine dining by the mall it's #1
- JessOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2014Fantastic service by Rachel, fantastic food! They went all out for my mothers 85 bdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- remarkablemaralsdines1Dined on 8/6/2014made my best friends birthday amazing and unforgettableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinnerAnthonypDined on 8/2/2014Service was beyond awesome I went here for my girlfriends birthday dinner and believe me everything was amazing...our server was Richard G and he was beyond awesome. I made reservations via opentable and as soon as we checked in my girlfriend was greeted by a "happy birthday" we got seated in less than 3 mins. Once we went to our table a happy birthday card was already there for my girlfriend. Very classy the good was amazing the service was awesome I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a new eating experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long Island DiningPatickDined on 8/2/2014I've been to Capial Grille a few times in the city and have always had a good time and good meal. The same can be said about the Long Island location. Always a solid experiece.Special Features:
- Five StarRMBivoneDined on 8/2/2014Food and service were great. A very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingkostaDined on 7/23/2014Capital Grill was awesome, from the beginning great service, great suggestions for food and drinks. loved the generous pour menu. Ambiance was very classy, elegant and the place was not noisy at all. The waitress as well as one of the executive chefs was very helpful with suggesting what to eat as well as what wine to pair with the food we were eating. I not only will be going back for the delicious steaks, seafood and drinks but i will highly recommend it to anyone. Capital Grill has my vote any day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunchSparksDined on 7/22/2014I had to schedule a business lunch where I had to make a great impression. Capital Grille was even better than I expected. Lunch is not their prime audience, so it was nice and quiet - perfect for a meeting.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantDebNYLIDined on 7/22/2014The food for lunch was delicious. Recommend Lobster & Crab burger. Service was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special birthday.virboldDined on 7/19/2014I brought my daughter to the Capital Grill to celebrate her birthday. Everyone was very friendly and wished her a happy birthday. Sparkles were placed on the table along with a birthday card thanking her for coming to Capital Grill. The fillet mignon was very tender and the sides were very good too. they took a birthday picture which was given to her and presented a very nice birthday desert. I would come again especially as a treat since it was expensive for me.Special Features:
- Worth the waitGreatdrinkDined on 7/19/2014Took us several attempts to get in and dine at The Capital Grille but so glad we got there and will get there again. Can't recommend it highly enough! Great food, lovely attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food a little offWineloversVIPDined on 7/19/2014My wife had the steak and I had the seared tuna...both were just ok. I've have had much better. Food at this price level should be fabulous, it wasn't.Special Features:
- Great steakhouse on LImidtown123Dined on 7/19/2014The steak was ok - I preferred a more seasoned steak, but otherwise, the entire meal was delicious and wait staff was very attentive. The coconut cream pie was absolutely delicious!!Special Features:
- My favorite restaurant on LIPumpkinDined on 7/14/2014My husband and I frequently dine at The Capital Grille. Each year we celebrate our wedding anniversary at that restaurant. It's a very low key place with excellent service, great food and wines. Most dishes are very good but we especially enjoy for appetizer the calamari and for main course the whole lobster taken out of its shell. Love the mashed potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, wonderfulRobinVIPDined on 7/12/2014Have never been disappointed when we have gone to Capital Grille. A restaurant that prides itself on customer service, they are par to none. The lobster bisque is a must have. It's like having a 1/4 lb lobster in a bowl. Their signature steak the delmonico is always a hit. My suggestion is to have them slice it for you in the back and great for sharing.Special Features:
- Great restaurantLuvmyfoodDined on 7/11/2014I love this restaurant food is always great and service is always excellent. I would always recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingCassDined on 7/11/2014Went here for a birthday, and had made a note during the reservation. When we arrived they had a card and some little decorations waiting at the table. The staff was extremely helpful and nice. Our waiter, Terrell was the best. The food was amazing. Enjoyed everything at the Gapital Grille. I was impressed by it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tough to maintain excellenceelevDined on 7/11/2014My comments should not be taken as complaints, but only as observations. Since my wife and I eat here every four or five weeks I suppose we've begun to be recognized because last month my porterhouse was presented to me for approval before it was cooked. That was a nice touch and I had come to expect it this time. Of course it didn't happen, although the steak was as good as ever. Additionally, when seated, since we were both wearing dark clothing, we expected to be offered black cloth napkins, a usual Capital accommodation that went missing here. It was swiftly corrected upon our request. As you can appreciate, one has to dig deep to find fault with Capital Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.