The Capital Grille - Garden City
630 Old Country Road
Garden City, NY 11530Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Garden City
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (516) 746-1675
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Emily Spinazola
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Garden City
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles… awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you"ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Capital Grille - Garden City - Best Restaurants in Garden City ›
The Capital Grille - Garden City reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (125)notable wine list (94)fit for foodies (74)good for groups (71)romantic (63)neighborhood gem (41)great for lunch (28)hot spot (28)vibrant bar scene (27)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (8)scenic view (1)Show More
- As always, wonderfulRobinVIPDined on 7/12/2014Have never been disappointed when we have gone to Capital Grille. A restaurant that prides itself on customer service, they are par to none. The lobster bisque is a must have. It's like having a 1/4 lb lobster in a bowl. Their signature steak the delmonico is always a hit. My suggestion is to have them slice it for you in the back and great for sharing.Special Features:
- Great restaurantLuvmyfoodDined on 7/11/2014I love this restaurant food is always great and service is always excellent. I would always recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingCassDined on 7/11/2014Went here for a birthday, and had made a note during the reservation. When we arrived they had a card and some little decorations waiting at the table. The staff was extremely helpful and nice. Our waiter, Terrell was the best. The food was amazing. Enjoyed everything at the Gapital Grille. I was impressed by it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tough to maintain excellenceelevDined on 7/11/2014My comments should not be taken as complaints, but only as observations. Since my wife and I eat here every four or five weeks I suppose we've begun to be recognized because last month my porterhouse was presented to me for approval before it was cooked. That was a nice touch and I had come to expect it this time. Of course it didn't happen, although the steak was as good as ever. Additionally, when seated, since we were both wearing dark clothing, we expected to be offered black cloth napkins, a usual Capital accommodation that went missing here. It was swiftly corrected upon our request. As you can appreciate, one has to dig deep to find fault with Capital Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not So Generous PourJackie26VIPDined on 7/8/2014While I am a fan of the Capital Grill, I am not a fan of their "Generous Pour" event going on right now. They waitress explained that you would receive an unlimited amount of wine from the generous pour menu throughout your meal for a set price. Given how the event was described, it was a no brainer. However, the event should have been called the "Not So Generous Pour". The waitress would pour just about a taste of a wine but never actually fill your glass. I was looking forward to enjoying a nice glass of wine with my dinner. If the event was intended to be just a taste of each wine, the restaurant should have said so and then I would have opted to just order a bottle of wine instead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another amazing mealsteakloverDined on 7/6/2014Every time I dine at capital grille it is an amazing experience. This time was for my anniversary and they made the night outstandingly memorable. The little extras, like little hearts on the table, shows that they actually care.about their patron's experience. This is why capital grille will always be my favorite restaurant. Great food, great service, great ambiance. You can't ask for more.Special Features:
- tmantmanDined on 7/5/2014made early reservations in the a.m. online for 6:00 p.m. seating, walked in ,sat down, wined and dinned for 2 hours on our 33rd wedding anniversary. No one rushed us,and the wait staff just took care off us. Had the Del Monico steak, my wife the lobster.Everything was delicious.Thanks for a very special night !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014I went twice in one week and both times, the service and food was very good. The first time I went was to celebrate a Birthday. The wait staff were very attentive without being intrusive. The wine and food was delicious.Special Features:
- queenlambVIPDined on 6/28/2014Food and service good but we always bring our own wine corkage fee $50 per bottle we usually go with few other couples that is outrageous $150 just for them to open wine bottles. Big turnoffSpecial Features:
- Excellent service, great foodlmfcshDined on 6/27/2014We celebrated two birthdays on this latest visit to Capital Grill. It was a delightful experience. They go out of their way to make special occasions, extra special. The waitress was wonderful. She acknowledged the two birthdays as soon as we were seated. There were two birthday cards on the table from the restaurant with hand written notes. The table had some decorations to make it more festive. After dinner, they brought over a champagne toast, very nice touch. None of our diners ordered dessert but they brought over two platters with a few dessert samplers from the dessert menu. Happy Birthday was written on each platter in chocolate. They also took a picture of our group and gave us a hard copy of the picture before we left!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- laborerDined on 6/26/2014food was great, service was excellent. jeremy is an excellent waiterSpecial Features:
- Great restaurantloverestaurantsVIPDined on 6/22/2014Dining here is always a pleasure, from the moment you enter until the moment you leave. The staff is pleasant and welcomes you, takes you to your seat, and calls you by your name. They asked us if we were celebrating a special occasion. When we told them it was our anniversary and they came over with an anniversary card and some lovely little red hearts to decorate the table. The meal, as always, was wonderful. Seared Tuna, perfectly cooked, with ginger rice and three dipping sauces. Salads were fresh and delicious. Everything, in fact, was delicious. Then they brought a dessert sampler on the house. Thanks for a great experience. We'll keep coming back.Special Features:
- Sides a disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014For the most part my experience was a good one however I was very disappointed in the side dishesSpecial Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014This was my second time at this restaurant and I was not disappointed again. Great food and great staff.Special Features:
- Always a Winner!FoodforthoughtVIPDined on 6/12/2014My family and I always leave the restaurant with a smile...each and every time we have the pleasure of dining at Capital Grille. We will be back soon!Special Features:
- open tableknowgoodfoodVIPDined on 6/12/2014Don't let the fact that this restaurant is in a mall give you a preconception of the food quality. I have eaten at their location in the city and was surprised to find this one was just as good. The hostess' great you enthusiastically, the wait staff are professionals, the décor is beautiful and clean, and most importantly, the food was great. the seafood platter was fresh, the steak was like butter and cooked as I asked for it. The side dishes were the ones found at most steak houses and very good. All in all I would recommend this place, of course a little pricey like every other steak house but no disappointments here.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationJmilDined on 6/10/2014We had an excellent experience at the Capital Grille! We were celebrating my husbands birthday, which I mentioned in my reservation on opentable.com. When we arrived, they had the table tastefully decorated with confetti and a birthday card. They also provided complimentary champagne, a birthday dessert & a picture taken at the table by our amazing waiter, John, to commemorate our wonderful evening to take home. It was a superb experience. We will definitely be recommending this restaurant & we will certainly be back! To top it off the food was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My First TimeFoodieDined on 6/7/2014First time dining at Capital Grille and it was a wonderful experience. The service was outstanding kind, knowledgeable, and professional staff. The food was definitely as well as the extensive wine list. Great fine dining experience would definitely recommended for a lovely family dinner and a nice romantic evening out.Special Features:
- Excellent!!!!GreatDined on 6/6/2014I went to Capital Grille to celebrate my birthday and from the time I walked in the door everyone made me feel very special. The food and service was superb. Our waitress was very attentive and everything she recommended from the menu was right on point. I highly recommend this restaurant for great food, drinks, and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak House-Bar None!elevDined on 6/5/2014We've become regulars here. I know it's sad but it's become routine. We always order the same thing. It's become habit. We come here once a month, she gets a filet butterflied, medium rare plus (it's a CG thing), and I get the porterhouse rare. We start with a lettuce wedge with tomatoes and bacon (which admittedly could be better) and then to the main event which couldn't be better in a million years with asparagus and mushrooms. As we were enjoying our meal we both agreed that this particular meal was truly outstanding and then we laughed because we remembered that we said that last time also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuzanneVIPDined on 6/3/2014Once again, a lovely and delicious dining experience. The requests were honored without mentioning and the service was impeccable and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special NightseafordinerVIPDined on 6/1/2014We have eaten at this Capital Grille a few times and each time it is a great experience. We have liked it enough to come here for our anniversary and they made it extra special. Our waitress was really great and they brought out complimentary champagne and even took a photo for us. Capital Grille is the best steakhouse we have been to on Long Island, particularly the service.Special Features:
- ExcellentloverestaurantsVIPDined on 5/31/2014High end steak house, great fish too. Salads are fresh and delicious. Service is prompt and courteous. A bit pricey, but worth it. Can't go wrong.Special Features:
- Pricey but worth every penny!EatingfortwoDined on 5/31/2014From appetizer to dessert everything we ate was delicious. Kumar was our waiter and was outstanding. Definitely recommend for special occasions if on a budget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful visitAllyVIPDined on 5/31/2014My daughter came home for the weekend. Capitol Grill is always a first choice for ease of last minute reservations for early dinner. The food is consistently excellent as is the service. We had the same server as our last visit and she remembered all if our names. Highly recommend for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- super service and foodJellybeanVIPDined on 5/31/2014All is above outstanding if that is possible An unbelieveable excellent steak dinnerSpecial Features:
- Great ManagerjoyfulVIPDined on 5/27/2014David Contino was very gracious. The scallops with Risotto is a favorite. Celebrating a birthday lends to a special day. A birthday card to welcome you is a perfect touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionMskellydeniseDined on 5/24/2014Everything was perfect from the service to the food...many more visits to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always ... I believableRobinVIPDined on 5/24/2014The lobster was taken out of the she'll then put backed in and stuffed with a crabmeat stuffing. What can I say, delicious, ate an entire 2 lb lobster!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/21/2014Outstanding food and service as always. Excellent martini. One of my favorites for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Nice restaurantAsav46Dined on 5/18/2014We went to Capital Grille to celebrate my daughters birthday. This was our third visit in 3 months. The first was the best. Our waitress offered us a champagne toast to celebrate,a nice touch! The following two visits put us at a table that felt as though it was randomly stuck in the aisle. The food was great,service a little slow but there's no shortage of noise. I will return but will specify the table and waitress I would prefer. It is worth the experience though just bring a fat wallet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring the Corporate CardGregg2gsDined on 5/17/2014Great experience and awesome transaction through open table. Other than not having our water glasses filled in a timely manner several times, all else was great. Very expensive, but very good food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Show me the money!TaiSweetsDined on 5/11/2014This is definitely thee place to go. The food is very expensive but this is my second time going and never been disappointed. We spent $300. We was able to get a bottle of wine for $30 that was absolutely amazing. It was a moscato. My dad and I took my mom for Mother's Day. I suggest always making a reservation especially on holidays (a week in advance at least)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleased once againTMClongislandDined on 5/11/2014I've been here several times and Im never disappointed. The wait staff is wonderful and the good is great. I took My Mother out for Mother's Day and she enjoyed it.Special Features:
- excellentGottaEatgoodDined on 5/11/2014I had a great dining experience at The Capital Grille. We attended a Mothers Day brunch and the level of customer service was top notch as they went out of there way to make us feel special. The food was first class, kudos to the chef for his creativity. The atmosphere was energetic and the noise level was perfect. I will definitely be returning to dine again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2014 Mother's Day BrunchKendu377Dined on 5/11/2014This is the 2nd time we enjoyed Mother's Day brunch at this fine establishment. If that doesn't speak volumes about our experience nothing will!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid and always goodLalloVIPDined on 5/11/2014This is a great chain. I came to this restaurant several times and I always had good experience. Excellent food and service. A little pricey perhaps, but not even that much for NYC. Definitely worth to try. You will not be disappointed.
- The BestRMBivoneVIPDined on 5/10/2014You will not find a better place to eat. The service and food are FIVE STAR !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!Nimo1910Dined on 5/3/2014It was my husband birthday and everything was special!!! Service and fools were excellent. The lobster Mac and cheese and the delmonico was superb. Will be going back ASAP!!!Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceDine4lifeDined on 5/3/2014Took my husband for his birthday, the table was decorated along with a hand written birthday card. We brought our 22 month old daughter and they were beyond accomadating. Food was good although for some reason I always find the food better at the out if state locations like Texas and Florida. Overall great experience and will definitely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.