The Capital Grille - Garden City
630 Old Country Road
Garden City, NY 11530Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Garden City
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 5167461675x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Emily Spinazola
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Garden City
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles… awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you"ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Capital Grille - Garden City - Best Restaurants in Garden City ›
The Capital Grille - Garden City reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (125)notable wine list (93)good for groups (75)fit for foodies (70)romantic (61)neighborhood gem (40)hot spot (30)great for lunch (30)vibrant bar scene (27)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always A Great ChoiceseafordinerVIPDined on 10/18/2014Multiple reviews already, not more to say. It's the most professional eatery on the island with consistently excellent service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LauraVIPDined on 10/17/2014Always great food and great ambience. Comfortable. One of my favorite restaurants. The steaks are great of course, as are the lamb chops. I love the champagne cocktail with berries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant for a lunch.!arlsDined on 10/14/2014My wife and I met her cousin and his wife visiting from Chicago for lunch. All four of us had a great experience. The restaurant was quite full of people for lunch which we always use as a gauge to tell whether a place is good or not. Lisa our servor was outstanding.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!BigMacDined on 10/12/2014If you want to treat yourself to fine dining go to the Capital GrilleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- occasionsspecialDined on 10/12/2014We come here vwry often for special occasions. Birthdays, anniversaries.graduations. food and service are always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014We were actually late for our reservation because we were from out of town and got lost, but they still sat us promptly. It was very high class with a lot of professional people in attendance. The food was excellent! I would say the only drawback is lack of parking, but there is a complimentary valet service.Special Features:
- Wonderful placeloverestaurantsVIPDined on 10/11/2014From the moment you walk in until the moment you walk out, this restaurant is a great experience. Courteous hosts and wait staff, delicious, fresh food, and the printed calorie counts REALLY help. Pricey, but worth every penny.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2014Nice touch with the picture and sparkling wine when the birthday dessert came out. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Anniversary DinnermrsmoonsDined on 9/28/2014I mentioned in our reservation that it was our 20th anniversary. Well, there was a card and heart confetti on the table! WHat a nice touch and the hostess and waiter both wished us a happy anniversary! So nice and the service was superb! The food was delish and while we waited for our dessert, they came over with a plate that said happy 20th anniversary in chocolate, with cake and berries AND two glasses of champagne with a raspberry in each! So impressed! Would definitely return!Special Features:
- Capital Grill Garden CityCXRNJADined on 9/27/2014Service- reservation ease and staff were great. Dining experience- Saturday evening. 2 people, 2 salads, 1-tendeloin with lobster tail (surf and turf) small portion poorly presented and lacked taste. 1-2lb Lobster out of the shell with drawn butter, OK, but not great. 2 glases of wine. Expense- over $100 per head with tip. Conclusion- food fair to OK but not worth the expense. Impression- noisy up scale chain resturant connected to a shoipping mall.
- Great food, no attitudeBeachfoodieDined on 9/26/2014My second visit to Capital Grille confirmed my first impression. Service is professional, attentive without being intrusive. They pay attention to the little things, such as switching out white napkins for dark ones so as not to leave lint on dark clothing. Both the meat and seafood are delicious. Not an inexpensive meal, but you get what you pay for.Special Features:
- Business Lunch OutingGr82eatVIPDined on 9/26/2014I reserved this restaurant for a business lunch, party of 4. The wait staff was very attentive and helpful with making suggestions. Everyone enjoyed their entrees.Special Features:
- Capital GemChutes34Dined on 9/24/2014Just a perfect meal and experience from start to finish. Delightful food and service. Very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elevDined on 9/24/2014Once again the Capital Grille hits the mark with perfect steaks, cooked as ordered. We've eaten here countless times and save one time which proves they are human, this restaurant consistently turns out perfect meals! Porterhouse for me, filets for my wife-always perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreLynBDined on 9/20/2014Over priced, pretentious, noisy, very good wine, OK food, had to ask for water, I won't be making another reservation myself, but will probably be back, because it is popular.
- Fantastic Service and FoodSP1978Dined on 9/19/2014This was our first visit to Capital Grille and it was an amazing experience. The attention to detail and unexpected extras for my birthday were so lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointmenthunnewellVIPDined on 9/17/2014Service excellent, attentive but not intrusive; food always delicious and artistically presented. Pricey, however, you don't mind paying when it's worth it and it is...one of our all-time favorite places to dine. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Excellent!!!Foodie21Dined on 9/14/2014Food and service were excellent. Would highly recommend this restaurant !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak!AndeDined on 9/13/2014I ordered the special porterhouse steak.....a 10! The service was perfect, and the over-all vibe was welcoming.Special Features:
- A fantastic SteakhousedaliguyVIPDined on 9/9/2014I choose this place because of my previous experiences In NYC, Tampa, Costa Mesa, Ft. Lauderdale. I was not disapointed. Fab place.Special Features:
- Great for special occasions!nyfoodieDined on 9/6/2014Took my parents here for their 31st wedding anniversary and called ahead to mention our reason for dining. Our experience was absolutely fantastic, everyone at Capital Grille went above and beyond to create a memorable dining experience for us. Our waiter Jeremy was very attentive and the food was of the best quality. I could not have asked for a better dinner experience for my parents, will definitely be going back to celebrate other occasions at Capital Grille-Garden City!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steakhouse w notable food optionsLisaVIPDined on 9/6/2014Great steaks to compete w the best of them but also has an extensive menu of other prepared foods! Wine list, overwhelming for all price pts. When dining in a place like this, would like to see the wait staff slightly more formal & less casual in demeanor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dining experience.AHou2Dined on 9/6/2014After much consideration of where to go, Capital Grille was absolutely the best decision I could have made to celebrate my daughter's 21st birthday. By sharing the special occasion prior to coming with the restaurant, I had no idea how the staff would go above and beyond with such awesome acknowledgement. From the subtle, yet simple table decoration to each of the staff wishing her a happy birthday ending the evening with a champagne toast and keepsake photo was such a nice touch. KUDOS to you Capital Grille and thanks for an amazing dining experience, one in which my daughter proclaimed was her "best birthday ever!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing!!fatboynellyVIPDined on 9/5/2014was abit skeptical due to fact that it was in shopping mall area,but once inside restaurant it was a whole other world.great welcome,we were seated promptly.waitress was very polite and welcoming.explained menu,went over specials,answered all of our questions and made great recommendations.drinks were good but small for price.food was amazing!!could not believe the quality and taste!every bite was better than the last!wil defenately go back,great job guysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for a QueenNaySDined on 9/1/2014My husband and I enjoyed a delicious lunch with our family. The lobster salad was scrumptious and the coconut cream pie ... To die for!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagnificentOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/31/2014There are no words to describe the above and beyond ultra personal luxuriousness that I received at this restaurant.Special Features:
- ExceptionalBabsDined on 8/30/2014Four of us had dinner and all four of us found our meals to be outstanding!Special Features:
- Great steak!MaryLVIPDined on 8/30/2014As always, a great evening! Although it was a very crowded Saturday night (and a holiday weekend), we were greeted warmly and seated promptly in a comfortable booth. Understated/elegant decor and jazz soundtrack added to the ambiance. "Team" service was seamless, as a host of people proceeded to devote themselves to making sure we had everything we could possibly want. The lobster bisque special was outstanding--velvety, with what seemed like a whole lobster swimming in it. Filets were cooked to perfection, sides nicely presented and ample. Recommend highly, and will return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure experience!JuanQVIPDined on 8/29/2014No matter the occasion, It's always a wonderful experience dining at The Capital Grille. We're always looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place and nice wine listannmarieVIPDined on 8/28/2014I love the capital grille . the food was amazing but the service was too much, The girl was nice but came to the table too often. We were trying to have a conversation. too many interruptions.Special Features:
- Great mealJellybeanVIPDined on 8/27/2014The steaks were excellent!!!!! No better place to enjoy a great meal. Service was excellent Love this place, as they do everything to please the guests for dinnerSpecial Features:
- Consistently excellentRDS45Dined on 8/27/2014Our visit was to celebrate becoming grandparents. The server, Dany, was exceptional. His knowledge of the menu was impressive. The food was well prepared and delicious. Dany came by several times to make sure we were satisfied. At the end if the meal, the restaurant provided a lovely dessert with Congratulations written in chocolate. A very nice touch and the perfect ending to a fabulous meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointededjoDined on 8/27/2014While most of the food was quite good, the T Bone steak was rather tasteless and dry. Even the Delmonico was less than wonderful.Special Features:
- Fine Dining at it's Finest!MaddieVIPDined on 8/23/2014You don't have to travel to the Manhattan, the Hamptons, to have the finest in cocktails, wines, seafood, meats. We are lucky to have a local Gem in our area. The staff gives personal attention to make every dining experience special.Special Features:
- Great steak/seafood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014From the moment you walk in you feel very welcome. We had drinks at the bar before dinner, the bartender was very respectfully of people's privacy and very quick to serve. We went to our table where the wait staff was very knowledgable of the menu. We were not rush out, each course was brought out with the appropriate amount of time in between,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/23/2014perfect steak perfect lobster and a light french red by the glass...cant ask for much more than thatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food and ServiceLouEastMeadowVIPDined on 8/22/2014We had been to The Capital Grille in Garden City several times before but the service we received this time was above and beyond what you would expect even at their price point. Molly Costello was our server and I swear she was in my head and could anticipate my every wish. After I ordered their "Generous Pour" wine tasting, I relied on her selections to be paired with all of my courses. I was not disappointed. I ordered the porcini Delmonico steak and it was to die for. My dinner guests had filet mignon and they were equally pleased. Everything was cooked to perfection as was the presentation. Compliments to the entire staff for making our visit a very memorable one.Special Features:
- Our first timeStephenDined on 8/22/2014I cannot begin to express how happy we were with both the food and service at The Capital Grille in Garden City. We were seated on time, the server Manny was one of the best I have ever had. Pleasant, professional and very knowledgeable of all aspects of the menu. He made the experience personal, as we mentioned we were celebrating my daughter going overseas to study and he brought back "CONGRATS" little confetti to put on the table. A very simple example of going above to make the guest feel good. Oh yea, the food - from appetizer to main course just perfect, prepared 100% and completely devoured by all six of us, no leftovers!Special Features:
- scbobgynVIPDined on 8/22/2014excellent service ,excellent food .Great anniversarySpecial Features:
- Special in every wayBeachfoodieDined on 8/22/2014I made a request for " belated birthday, quiet table, we want to talk". Could not have been more perfect. Fabulous unobtrusive service, nice table with card acknowledging Birthday, yummy food, great complimentary dessert for the birthday boy. The "generous pours" were so large that I did not finish all of them for fear of DWI. A memorable experience with no attitude. The Delmonico was big enough for my husband's dinner the next day.Special Features: