The Capital Grille - Garden City
630 Old Country Road
Garden City, NY 11530Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Garden City
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (516) 746-1675
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Emily Spinazola
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Garden City
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles… awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you"ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Capital Grille - Garden City - Best Restaurants in Garden City ›
The Capital Grille - Garden City reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (119)notable wine list (87)fit for foodies (69)good for groups (67)romantic (59)neighborhood gem (37)hot spot (27)vibrant bar scene (27)great for lunch (25)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (8)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great night out with FriendstravelfoodieVIPDined on 11/15/2014Excellent service, it was a surprise for the hubby and they greated us, brought us to table to meet friends and presented him with a Birthday Card. They then came over and decorated table with glitter. Food was great, service was amazing and the wine list, expensive but great selection.Special Features:
- Always a winner!KuklaVIPDined on 11/15/2014We celebrate all significant occasions here, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. The food is consistently gourmet quality, the service is impeccable and all the staff are so personable yet professional and caring. Truly a gem - looking forward to our next visit. Pricey, but well worth it - you will not be displeased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMEPVIPDined on 11/14/2014Capital grille in garden city is all that is to be expected. Never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grille Drops Down to EarthelevDined on 11/13/2014My wife and I try to eat here once per month. The steaks are usually outstanding as well as the service. We've been there so often that I notice they've created a dossier on us-they know the cuts of meat we like to eat and how we like it cooked. This time the porterhouse was a little tough, although my wife said her filet was as good as usual. I guess even the "Capital" can't be perfect ALL the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobbyboyDined on 11/8/2014They need to work on their service. Food was fine but service not up to par as other capital grills and I have been to many.Special Features:
- Consistency Pays OffPickyPickyDined on 11/1/2014I've eaten here many times because I know what to expect in terms of level of service and quality of the steaks. I would have to say that the quality of the meat here as well as service , rank well above other high end steak chains like Morton and Ruths Chris.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014Lobster mac was very good I had a salad which only had lettuce and a couple of tomatoes... It needed more Sliced filet with onions was good. I wish there were extra sauce from the onions and mushroomsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good!DinnerfortwoDined on 11/1/2014Been to Capital Grille several times. Very, very good service; accomodating kitchen for those with food allergies or intolerances; great for a special occassion (nice table decorations, card, picture taken!). Food is very good, especially steaks which makes sense! For non red-meat eaters, it's just a little more challenging, but can always find something delicious on the menu. Overall, very positive experience every time I've been to the restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on 11/1NYCGIRLDined on 11/1/2014We had a wonderful dining experience at The Capital Grille once again. The food was amazing and the sevice was impeccable. This restaurant is a gem and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingMarco62Dined on 10/28/2014As usual food service and vibe outstanding. Your gonna pay top dollar but top quality all aroundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth every penny!5palsVIPDined on 10/26/2014A great dining experience with an attentive staff and delicious upscale food! A special treat for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always A Great ChoiceseafordinerVIPDined on 10/18/2014Multiple reviews already, not more to say. It's the most professional eatery on the island with consistently excellent service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LauraVIPDined on 10/17/2014Always great food and great ambience. Comfortable. One of my favorite restaurants. The steaks are great of course, as are the lamb chops. I love the champagne cocktail with berries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant for a lunch.!arlsDined on 10/14/2014My wife and I met her cousin and his wife visiting from Chicago for lunch. All four of us had a great experience. The restaurant was quite full of people for lunch which we always use as a gauge to tell whether a place is good or not. Lisa our servor was outstanding.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!BigMacDined on 10/12/2014If you want to treat yourself to fine dining go to the Capital GrilleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- occasionsspecialDined on 10/12/2014We come here vwry often for special occasions. Birthdays, anniversaries.graduations. food and service are always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014We were actually late for our reservation because we were from out of town and got lost, but they still sat us promptly. It was very high class with a lot of professional people in attendance. The food was excellent! I would say the only drawback is lack of parking, but there is a complimentary valet service.Special Features:
- Wonderful placeloverestaurantsVIPDined on 10/11/2014From the moment you walk in until the moment you walk out, this restaurant is a great experience. Courteous hosts and wait staff, delicious, fresh food, and the printed calorie counts REALLY help. Pricey, but worth every penny.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2014Nice touch with the picture and sparkling wine when the birthday dessert came out. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Anniversary DinnermrsmoonsDined on 9/28/2014I mentioned in our reservation that it was our 20th anniversary. Well, there was a card and heart confetti on the table! WHat a nice touch and the hostess and waiter both wished us a happy anniversary! So nice and the service was superb! The food was delish and while we waited for our dessert, they came over with a plate that said happy 20th anniversary in chocolate, with cake and berries AND two glasses of champagne with a raspberry in each! So impressed! Would definitely return!Special Features:
- Capital Grill Garden CityCXRNJADined on 9/27/2014Service- reservation ease and staff were great. Dining experience- Saturday evening. 2 people, 2 salads, 1-tendeloin with lobster tail (surf and turf) small portion poorly presented and lacked taste. 1-2lb Lobster out of the shell with drawn butter, OK, but not great. 2 glases of wine. Expense- over $100 per head with tip. Conclusion- food fair to OK but not worth the expense. Impression- noisy up scale chain resturant connected to a shoipping mall.
- Great food, no attitudeBeachfoodieDined on 9/26/2014My second visit to Capital Grille confirmed my first impression. Service is professional, attentive without being intrusive. They pay attention to the little things, such as switching out white napkins for dark ones so as not to leave lint on dark clothing. Both the meat and seafood are delicious. Not an inexpensive meal, but you get what you pay for.Special Features:
- Business Lunch OutingGr82eatVIPDined on 9/26/2014I reserved this restaurant for a business lunch, party of 4. The wait staff was very attentive and helpful with making suggestions. Everyone enjoyed their entrees.Special Features:
- Capital GemChutes34Dined on 9/24/2014Just a perfect meal and experience from start to finish. Delightful food and service. Very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elevDined on 9/24/2014Once again the Capital Grille hits the mark with perfect steaks, cooked as ordered. We've eaten here countless times and save one time which proves they are human, this restaurant consistently turns out perfect meals! Porterhouse for me, filets for my wife-always perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreLynBDined on 9/20/2014Over priced, pretentious, noisy, very good wine, OK food, had to ask for water, I won't be making another reservation myself, but will probably be back, because it is popular.
- Fantastic Service and FoodSP1978Dined on 9/19/2014This was our first visit to Capital Grille and it was an amazing experience. The attention to detail and unexpected extras for my birthday were so lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointmenthunnewellVIPDined on 9/17/2014Service excellent, attentive but not intrusive; food always delicious and artistically presented. Pricey, however, you don't mind paying when it's worth it and it is...one of our all-time favorite places to dine. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Excellent!!!Foodie21Dined on 9/14/2014Food and service were excellent. Would highly recommend this restaurant !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak!AndeDined on 9/13/2014I ordered the special porterhouse steak.....a 10! The service was perfect, and the over-all vibe was welcoming.Special Features:
- A fantastic SteakhousedaliguyVIPDined on 9/9/2014I choose this place because of my previous experiences In NYC, Tampa, Costa Mesa, Ft. Lauderdale. I was not disapointed. Fab place.Special Features:
- Great for special occasions!nyfoodieDined on 9/6/2014Took my parents here for their 31st wedding anniversary and called ahead to mention our reason for dining. Our experience was absolutely fantastic, everyone at Capital Grille went above and beyond to create a memorable dining experience for us. Our waiter Jeremy was very attentive and the food was of the best quality. I could not have asked for a better dinner experience for my parents, will definitely be going back to celebrate other occasions at Capital Grille-Garden City!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steakhouse w notable food optionsLisaVIPDined on 9/6/2014Great steaks to compete w the best of them but also has an extensive menu of other prepared foods! Wine list, overwhelming for all price pts. When dining in a place like this, would like to see the wait staff slightly more formal & less casual in demeanor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dining experience.AHou2Dined on 9/6/2014After much consideration of where to go, Capital Grille was absolutely the best decision I could have made to celebrate my daughter's 21st birthday. By sharing the special occasion prior to coming with the restaurant, I had no idea how the staff would go above and beyond with such awesome acknowledgement. From the subtle, yet simple table decoration to each of the staff wishing her a happy birthday ending the evening with a champagne toast and keepsake photo was such a nice touch. KUDOS to you Capital Grille and thanks for an amazing dining experience, one in which my daughter proclaimed was her "best birthday ever!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing!!fatboynellyVIPDined on 9/5/2014was abit skeptical due to fact that it was in shopping mall area,but once inside restaurant it was a whole other world.great welcome,we were seated promptly.waitress was very polite and welcoming.explained menu,went over specials,answered all of our questions and made great recommendations.drinks were good but small for price.food was amazing!!could not believe the quality and taste!every bite was better than the last!wil defenately go back,great job guysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for a QueenNaySDined on 9/1/2014My husband and I enjoyed a delicious lunch with our family. The lobster salad was scrumptious and the coconut cream pie ... To die for!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagnificentOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/31/2014There are no words to describe the above and beyond ultra personal luxuriousness that I received at this restaurant.Special Features:
- ExceptionalBabsDined on 8/30/2014Four of us had dinner and all four of us found our meals to be outstanding!Special Features:
- Great steak!MaryLVIPDined on 8/30/2014As always, a great evening! Although it was a very crowded Saturday night (and a holiday weekend), we were greeted warmly and seated promptly in a comfortable booth. Understated/elegant decor and jazz soundtrack added to the ambiance. "Team" service was seamless, as a host of people proceeded to devote themselves to making sure we had everything we could possibly want. The lobster bisque special was outstanding--velvety, with what seemed like a whole lobster swimming in it. Filets were cooked to perfection, sides nicely presented and ample. Recommend highly, and will return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure experience!JuanQVIPDined on 8/29/2014No matter the occasion, It's always a wonderful experience dining at The Capital Grille. We're always looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.