The Capital Grille - Ft. Lauderdale
2430 East Sunrise Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33304Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Ft. Lauderdale
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 9544462000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Sunday: 11:30am – 4:00pm. Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 4:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Marc Gruverman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Ft. Lauderdale
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Capital Grille - Ft. Lauderdale - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
The Capital Grille - Ft. Lauderdale reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (113)notable wine list (75)romantic (73)fit for foodies (53)good for groups (46)great for lunch (38)great for outdoor dining (23)neighborhood gem (22)vibrant bar scene (19)great for brunch (13)hot spot (13)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Oh So ConsistentMissLizVIPDined on 8/25/2014Known for its service and food. This is the one "chain" that never disappoints. Order what you like as you like it- no questions asked.Special Features:
- Good quality steak and seafoodMGCascioDined on 8/24/2014Visit Fort Lauderdale very often. Decided to try different steak and seafood place than our usual. The Capital Grille provides great quality food. Good atmosphere. Good service. Pricey but in line with similar restaurants. I would recommend the Capital Grille but it is not better than the other quality steak and seafood places in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!CastleNMBVIPDined on 8/22/2014Love Capital Grille, you will always have great food surrounded by a great crowd :)Special Features:
- What else but THE CAPITAL GRILLE!Carnivore1455Dined on 8/22/2014What better way to celebrate my wife becoming an American citizen than steak and potatoes (ok, and French onion soup!) at our favorite The Capital Grille (Capital...get it?) Thanks to Eric, Susan and Rosa for making it so special...and for the extra corn salsa with the lobster and crab cakes. Yummmmm! Of all the high end steak restaurants, The Capital Grille truly is one of, if not our favorite. One of the things we really like is that it's truly hard to find any faults with any aspect of the restaurant. They think of every minor detail to the nth degree, even the servers having business cards. The final touch was the long stem rose presented to my wife at the end of the evening. It was their pleasure to make our evening so memorable!Special Features:
- awesome, consistent qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014awesome, consistent quality, third time to capital grill and have had 3 amazing experiences with the food quality and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedPickyOneVIPDined on 8/21/2014What can I say - DJ did it again. A visiting New Yorker remembered the steak sandwich served at lunch. Well, upon seating DJ not only remember the steak sandwich as my guests favorite, but also the Grey Goose Martini, Blue Cheese olives. Can't ask for more than that when dining !Special Features:
- Great MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/20/2014Excellent service, we enjoyed lunch outside on the patio. We had the special, arugula salad with feta and watermelon, petit filet sandwiches were very good. Perfect size for a midday dining experienceSpecial Features:
- DJPickyOneVIPDined on 8/20/2014No, not the musical DJ, the bartender extraordinaire DJ. A frequent diner for lunch, I return with guests never to be disappointed by the level of hospitality and expert service of all the staff. But, there is one that stands out for consistent excellence and that is your Fort Lauderdale Capital Grill DJ. Always high energy, always on top of remembering details that make guests return because they are noticed and appreciated. DJ remembers your cocktail by name and your steak by its temperature. From the hostesses greeting you with a smile and opening the doors to the restaurant to the bar and floor staff, there is nothing to say but good things about this professional business lunch location. Kudos.Special Features:
- Capital Grille Never DisappointsLorimccarDined on 8/19/2014Although this was a last minute reservation because our other plans fell through, it was not 2nd rate. We had the 16oz bone in filet, green beans & the scalloped potatoes. All were done to our liking & perfection. We can always count on the Ft. Lauderdale location to fulfill our expectations & beyond. The waitstaff is friendly, knowledgeable & professional. Food is always excellent & the timing of the delivery is spot on. We never feel rushed or left wandering where our food/ waiter is. Excellent for romantic evenings for 2 or a group of 14+. You can even call ahead of time & make special arrangements for dishes/service for your occasion.Special Features:
- OverratedGlobetrotterVIPDined on 8/16/2014Second trip here after several years-- sorry, but feel it does not live up.. Fish was in dry side. Creme Brûlée was skimpy. Service was outstanding..
- Never a let downOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Always a pleasure eating here. Although, this time around my steak was cooked a little less done than I had asked. But overall, still a place I will continue to go to. Great for birthdays, and they do accommodate areas for sitting with small children. Lobster bisque was very good, along with the Wedge. Complimentary dessert given for birthday celebration which is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding anniversaryHillDined on 8/15/2014It was a fantastic evening for us to celebrate are wedding anniversary at the capital grill with good food and drinks and the staff were very friendly to us and good locationSpecial Features:
- sinaiDined on 8/15/2014excellent food and service I go there often The ambience is fine and the sound level is acceptable.. Prefer music at a loweer level. Front desk always attentiveSpecial Features:
- GREAT place but noisey.FloridadaveDined on 8/12/2014With everything perfect EXCEPT for the noise level I probably wont go there again. I dont think I should have to SHOUT to the person sitting next to me...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- liketoeat26VIPDined on 8/11/2014We were there for an anniversary and the table had small hearts distributed all over the table. Very impressive and my wife liked this. We were in a small room with only 4 tables, which only 2 others had diners. We enjoyed the porterhouse steak very much and the flavor was the best we have had compared to other steak type restaurants. There was a card from the restaurant congratulating us for our anniversary and they also provided a small dessert of chocolate cake and their cheesecake. Both were excellent. The final action was to present my wife with a rose, which I did notice other female guests also received. This place was amazing and we would return for other visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once Again....GreatburrisDined on 8/10/2014Seems like all my reviews of The Capital Grille are outstanding. It's true. I don't know where we get better food, service, ambiance, etc. Decided at the last minute to come here and glad we did. Nice quiet dinner in the back room, our favorite, exceptional service from Lauren, and the wine pour was excellent..since it had one of our favorites..Arrowood. The generous pour was a real attraction and as a result, we will go again before the end of the month.Special Features:
- a CAPITAL evening....SFlaDiningGuyDined on 8/8/2014Took the DW for an early b-day dinner. Booked via open table w/note of special occasion; CG later moved resv. time via phone no problem. Server and table prepared for bday event and recv'd comp dessert platter, nice surprise! Food as expected; rich, delicious and plentiful. Server was Lucien, quite sharp and friendly, but a bit of a thick accent....just ask him to speak slower and you will b fine! Generous pour a MUST for wine lovers....not all selections outstanding, but don't miss the bordeaux blend or the Cab...IMHO. enjoy!!Special Features:
- Classic but always superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014The quality of food speaks true to the saying, if it ain't broke - don't fix it... You can count on always finding your classics here and done impeccably well. Keep to other places for experimenting. The Capital Grille is a great place to celebrate a special occasion or quench your thirst for a perfect steak and seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceCookieDined on 8/4/2014The food was great, I do think the Miami location tastes better. The service was excellent, the waiter provided great suggestions and was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT AS USUALFILENOW1Dined on 7/27/2014LUNCH AT CAPITAL GRILLE IS MORE THAN WORTH WHAT THEY CHARGE. THE FOOD AND SERVICE ARE BEYOND EXCELLENT. THERE IS NOTHING THEY DO THAT IS NOT A CUT ABOVE. THIS IS WHY WE GOL THERE WHENEVER POSSIBLESpecial Features:
- My experience at Capital GrilleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2014Overall it was good but table location was bad even though I made the reservation a couple of days in advance. The steak I order was over cooked but eatable. Good ambiance in general.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Your steak!!!!njoydiningVIPDined on 7/26/2014The bone in steak I had was one of the best I've ever tasted - and they served it my favorite way: Pittsburgh rare!Special Features:
- "LADIES WHO LUNCH"gourmetgoddess1VIPDined on 7/23/2014We are a friends group who always celebrate our birthdays at Capital Grille. The food, the service, the ambiance are always terrific. The complimentary glass of champagne always make us feel appreciated for our patronage. As a thank-you from the day, we are also given a complimentary photo to take home as a fond memory ! Way to go, Capital Grille !Special Features:
- Perfection!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2014I treated my fiance to Capital Grille for his 35th bday. I mentioned this in my reservation and when we arrived there was confetti on the table and a card for him from the restaurant. There are fewer and fewer places that give you that level of service. He was very impressed. We also received complimentary champagne and dessert. Our meals were beyond excellent, as per usual. We also took advantage of The Generous Pour and we both felt it was an incredible value and a nice way to try new wines. We loved our visit and we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBadass48VIPDined on 7/22/2014Still one of the best. Time after time they never disappoint. Do not miss the opportunity to experience one of the finest places to dine in Fort Lauderdale. Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperiencefoodieandfriendsDined on 7/19/2014We went there to celebrate a birthday. Our waiter Jonathan was wonderful. He was attentive and was very personable and made our experience memorable. We each ordered different items, chicken, porterhouse stake, Delmonico steak and a the snapper special. My boyfriend said his steak was the best he had ever tasted as was my Delmonico. The lobster bisque was beautifully seasoned and was loaded with chunks of lobster. The complimentary serving of flourless chocolate cake and cheesecake was a perfect ending to a perfect meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really specialGlennVIPDined on 7/17/2014I took my good friend out for a birthday lunch and Capital Grille really did so much to make it a special occasion. The table was decorated and we were given champagne and cake with a candle. Our server took a picture and placed it in a frame card and gave us each a copy. I could not have ordered anything nicer.Special Features:
- Best Filet aroundBestisDined on 7/15/2014Capital Grill does filet mignon exceptionally well. The Filet Oscar gives that little extra special something if you like crabmeat! Right now is their wine tasting to pair with your dinner, so made this dinner that much more enjoyable. Highly recommend Capital Grille.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KAS1VIPDined on 7/12/2014Food was wonderful and only issue was that twice they sent out an improperly cooked Filet for one of the four of us. To be fair she ordered it very well done and frankly I personally think that is ruining meat but she did order it that way so they should have given it to her that way. Starters and sides were really good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedcsa4Dined on 7/11/2014Always a delicious meal whether it is seafood or meat and always excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch was a hit!JtropicsVIPDined on 7/10/2014Dinners are always wonderful but this lunch was great. Service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/29/2014Food was perfect. From the starters to the steak. Wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Kona SirloinMarkbahamaDined on 6/26/2014The Bone-in Kona Crusted Sirloin, medium rare, is quite possible the best steak I have ever eaten. Great service, great sommelier and great ambience. A classic steakhouse in the best way possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/24/2014AAA+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014The overall experience was great. It was a Saturday night and very busy. Large groups of celebrations so it was a bit loud. I took my mom for a night out. It was a bit dark where we sat & she couldn't read the menu but, the server Andrea solved that problem with a box of reading glasses for my mom to choose from. Nice touch. The appetizers were great- Shrimp cocktail was delicious & the crab/lobster cakes were amazing. My seared halibut entree came out colder than I would've wanted (but tasted good) but my mom was not happy with the filet mignon at all. We waited too long for entrees (along with the big table next to us). Other than that- a great experience and the service is always top notch. Oh yea my mum loved the wine and creme brûlée.Special Features:
- Great--as alwaysburrisDined on 6/20/2014Once again, we had a wonderful experience here. Dinner with family in quiet room in back along with impeccable service with respect to all aspects of service. Steaks were prepared correctly first time out and all other dishes as well. That's what keeps us coming back..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ManagementjoeyjrVIPDined on 6/18/2014We arrived early for our reservations, checked in with three different people at the hostess stand and were told they could not seat us until our requested time. We went to bar (as advised) and ordered a drink. We enjoyed our drink for almost an hour. i could clearly see table getting up and leaving and then reset. I went back to the same three people, who all seemed to not know who we were. Instead of apologizing for the over site and speaking to us they talked with each other and seated us in the worst spot in the restaurant. Free dessert is not what you want when you trying to have an enjoyable dinner. We dine here regularly, this event could change our choice.Special Features:
- B-day extravaganzaLuvSteakDined on 6/17/2014We went there for my b-day, table was set with confetti, b-day card on table, Prosecco, pic taken, printed and framed, 2 desserts w. candle presented on a platte w. Happy B-day written on it with melted chocolate and a rose to finish! What a treat. All that on the house! They food was delicious, service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!!!silviDined on 6/15/2014Capital Grill will be always one of my favorites. Food is great and the service is the best. Try the Delmonico Steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionTinkerbellDined on 6/14/2014Everything was just wonderful, except sitting next to us was a couple in jeans, t-Shirts and flip-flops. The daughter had torn jean shorts and skimpy tshirt top. Sort of took away from the atmosphere of our special occasion.Special Features: