The Capital Grille - Ft. Lauderdale
2430 East Sunrise Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33304Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Ft. Lauderdale
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (954) 446-2000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Sunday: 11:30am – 4:00pm. Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 4:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Marc Gruverman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Ft. Lauderdale
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
The Capital Grille - Ft. Lauderdale - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
The Capital Grille - Ft. Lauderdale reviews from OpenTable diners
202 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (152)fit for foodies (96)notable wine list (96)romantic (78)good for groups (73)great for lunch (53)neighborhood gem (43)great for outdoor dining (36)hot spot (33)vibrant bar scene (30)great for brunch (16)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- Birthday LunchgreatniteVIPDined on 11/14/2014Had a birthday lunch for my adult twins. The menu was perfect and service excellent. Food always wonderful. I called ahead and the had birthday confetti on the table when we arrived. They provided a complimentary birthday desert with candle. Wonderful celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingMikeVIPDined on 11/13/2014My party of six were extremely disappointed with the food at this Capital Grill. Since this is a steak restaurant two of us in the group choose to order the sliced Filet Mignon special. Not only was it difficult to cut, it was extremely chewy. This happens to be the only steak I eat so I can tell the quality right away. Niether of us ate the meal! When I complained they took one of the meals off the bill. Even after that this was the most expensive meals we ate all week in Florida. We are in Florida twice a year for the past 15 years and we have officially taken this restaurant off our list.
- One late evening..FudaholicDined on 11/10/2014We had a reservation at 8:00pm requesting our best server Miguel unforunately we were running so late and walked in at the restaurant 30 mins before they close. The hostess wasnt so happy to see us which I dont blamed her, she probably wanted to go home and so as the kitchen staff.. Miguel left for the night already so Shawn was helping us out.. She was really great and all with smile to greet us..and happy to take our orders. Even though it was late they really took good care of us.. The snapper fish of the day that I ordered was excellent. Top it off with our favorites cheesecake and creme buleé. You wont be disappointed to eat here, always have an excellent food and service! Hopefully we will catch up with Miguel next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itZetaDined on 11/10/2014Although the restaurant was very nice it is not worth the price. We ordered 2 steak dinners which were good. However, I ordered the sea bass which lacked any taste and my friend ordered the scallops which were also tasteless. So for the price those 2 meals were definitely not worth it. They were both almost 40 dollars an entree which they should have been excellent. We were very disappointed because we were very excited about going there and it was a special occasionSpecial Features:
- The Best Restaurant in FLLLouisVIPDined on 11/9/2014The Quality of Food, Service & Accomodation is unmatched by any other Restaurant in Ft Lauderdale.Special Features:
- FABULOUS STEAKSBirthdayDined on 11/9/2014We were celebrating our friends 33rd anniversary. I had the kona crusted steak that was our of this world. Our friends had the rib eye and loved it. My husband switched to the seafood and had the chilean sea bass which was incredible, I tasted it as it looked so good. We were greeted with champage and had the wedge salads for starters then the baked potato and au graten potato as well as the mushrooms and spinich. All was wonderful. The desserts were to die for. The manager, Rosa Reyes, stopped by to check on us and make sure everything was perfect. They even had little hearts on our table to celebrate the anniversary. It was a wonderful evening and we would highly recommend it. Thanks Rosa for making our experience a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superbOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Wonderful food, fantastic service. Top dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeffJillDined on 11/5/2014We were told that all of the tables that we requested were reserved. They were not used the entire time we were there. It was very noisy. The steaks were burned on the outside and extremely dry. I would not return to this restaurant. We have been in Washington, boca, and PGA in Florida. This was not a positive experience-- and not inexpensive.
- Great food againOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/4/2014Great food again, though it was a bit noisy at this location, perhaps because we were seated close to the kitchen.Special Features:
- Special occasionKaddyDined on 11/4/2014Celebrated a birthday. Lots of attention and surprised by the wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressiveDineoutoftenDined on 11/4/2014Went with friends for dinner could not have been more pleased with everything starting with hostess to waitress food was exceptional a bit pricey but well worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great PlaceLakeCookVIPDined on 11/2/2014Stone Crab claws...WOW. Glad I found this location in FLSpecial Features:
- Yummy for your taste budsLuv2dineDined on 11/1/2014Reservation was very accommodating. Sitting area was private as requested. Noise level from next door was loud but understandable. Food Menu selection was great. Being a business owner myself I will leave my other comments to the section below.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best of the Best!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/29/2014Fantastic food, fantastic service! It was a celebration for our boss and he is still talking about it!Special Features:
- As per usualMrGametimeDined on 10/29/2014Since 2007, I've been a fan over some other steak houses and I've never been disappointed. Troy, is a recommended server and everything came out right and on time. We celebrated our anniversary; however, we dine with Capital Grill often. If you're looking for a dining venue with great food and better service, and perfect for special occasions. You'll be hard pressed to find better. They will do it right and they don't know how to say no!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pircey - But Worth itLivingOnTheBeachVIPDined on 10/28/2014My partner and I dined at Capital Grille, because we received a $50 gift card from American Express. We had the green salad and Chilean Sea Bass. Good size portion of Chilean Sea Bass, which usually is small. Perfectly prepared with roasted fennel heirloom tomato broth. Very tasty but yet healthy choice. Sat in a small room off to the side which was very quiet, especially in comparison to the rest of the restaurant which was full of people enjoying their meals and drinks. There is a variety of fine wine choices by the glass as well as bottle. Would return, even without a gift card.Special Features:
- Always ConsistentPickyOneVIPDined on 10/27/2014One of the most important things about dining out is consistency. There is nothing worse that discovering a restaurant, having a terrific experience and wanting to return only to find next time is a disaster. The consistency of food and excellence service at the Fort Lauderdale Capital Grill is without equal in South Florida. The floor staff are all team players, each coming to the bequest of any guest no matter what particular station or responsibility they may be assigned on that particular shift. DJ, the daytime bartender, operates food and beverage service from the bar better than a ship's captain. Kudos to the entire team !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/26/2014Food was impecable. Service was friendly and not rushed. Not too keen on the wine list as far as variety goes, but the wines we were both pleased with our wine by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine Out for the Middle ClassbridgerDined on 10/26/2014Capital Grille, in any city, is a very fine steakhouse. Of course, steak houses tend to be expensive. Dine Out week makes these classy, high end, meals affordable to those, such as myself, willing to spend $60 for a meal usually priced at $150, and well worth the price and experience.Special Features:
- Special occasionNoNoiseForMeDined on 10/25/2014We were four on a Saturday night. We were fortunate enough to be seated in a small room in the back where it was quiet. Drinks were good as were the appetizers and meal. The coconut cream pie for dessert was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DINING EXPERIENCEHERBDined on 10/23/2014enjoyable experience ------ service professional and warmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ups and DownsRobbVIPDined on 10/22/2014On the plus side, my steak, done Pittsburg, was absolutely fabulous. On the negative they should be embarrassed by their Caesar salad-soupy limp,awful. The mashed potatoes were packed with decadence, but way too loose. For the prices charged, they need to up their game. This is my fourth visit there, and my feelings have been the same each time.Special Features:
- CAPITAL SERVICE AT CAPITAL GRILLEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014I TOOK MY DAD HERE TO CELEBRATE HIS 80TH BIRTHDAY. THE STAFF WAS SO ACCOMMODATING AND THE FOOD WAS OUTSTANDING. THEY EVEN HAD THE TABLE DECORATED FOR HIS BIRTHDAY. AUNDREA WAS OUR WAITRESS AND WE COULDN'T HAVE ASKED FOR ANYONE BETTER. AN A+ EXPERIENCE ALL AROUND.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingtikismomDined on 10/19/2014We went during Dine Around Ft Lauderdale and you cannot beat it for the price. Service is impeccable. food delicious. selection & amount great for dine around. I would go back and have already recommended it to others. Had the filet - first a little undercooked (loved that the waiter FLO waited while I cut into it to check). Steak was perfectly cooked upon return and manager presented it with a smile and a "thank you for allowing us to make your dinner......." HUbby had the chicken and loved it. above and beyond which is hard to find these days. thumbs up to Capital Grille.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleCousinsDined on 10/19/2014Excellent food, ambiance, and service! Celebrated a birthday and we couldn't have asked for better treatment and service. Our server Lucian was extremely attentive, helpful and overall a sweetheart!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/15/2014I took my wife here for our 31st anniversary and the food and service were excellent! We have dined at capital grille in several cities and have always had a pleasant experience. This last visit at the Fort Lauderdale location on sunset blvd only served to enhance our impression of the capital grille. Great food, great service!Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysDarylVIPDined on 10/15/2014Consistently excellent food and service. Great place to savor my birthday dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and Consistent!!!Badass48VIPDined on 10/14/2014As always, this place never misses on the quality of the food, the service, and the overall experience. We consider the Capital Grille our go to restaurant in Fort Lauderdale, whether it is for business or pleasure. You won't regret it. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Capitol GrillespicedplumVIPDined on 10/13/2014Tried the Dine around Fort Lauderdale and it was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ME27VIPDined on 10/12/2014Every time we dine at The Capital Grille we have a great meal, and the service and ambience are great!!Special Features:
- The best steaks!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/5/2014Try the Kona rubbed steak. It is to die for. THE Flourless chocolate is a fabulous dessert. ALL IN ALL JUST AN OUTSTANDING MEAL.Special Features:
- Five Stars, Any questions?OTREVIEWERVIPDined on 10/5/2014Just exactly what you would expect from an outstanding American Steak house; and more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible service, wine and foodMStollDined on 10/5/2014We ate here the other evening and it was as superb as I remembered. They also had a special going on for Dine Out Lauderdale which we felt was a very good value. They have also redone their wine list which is now presented on an iPad with tasting notes and the ability to search their wines by grape varietal, region, or type. The service was perfect and overall it was an excellent, memorable meal.Special Features:
- Anniversary. Amazing treatment!!TorolocoVIPDined on 10/4/2014Never felt better at a restaurant. Anniversary card waiting for us, which is normal for other restaurants. The table was decorated with hearts and were offered complimentary champagne. Very good!! The steaks were amazing and at the end we were given a "Happy Anniversary plate" with candle lights and two portions of a chocolate cake and cheese cake. They even took a picture for us and gave us a printed copy to keep as a memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PoochVIPDined on 10/3/2014Great place.. Staff is always very nice and a pleasure!Special Features:
- Steaks not worthy of high pricesWillyDined on 10/2/2014Once again I have been disappointed in the food quality at Capital Grille. Believe me I would be more than happy to pay top dollar for steaks of high quality. This is not the first time I have been sorely disappointed. The atmosphere is great, the bar is splendid, the service is attentive, but whomever supplies the steaks is not very good. It seems that they are buying their meat from Publix rather than a top quality butcher. The first steak the waiter placed in front of me I could barely get my fork thru. It was very tough and grisly. Seemed to be cooked correctly but very low quality meat. They insisted on replacing it, which they did. The second steak was slightly better but not much. Very disappointed after spending $400 +.Special Features:
- No doubt about consistency.PickyOneVIPDined on 9/30/2014One of the most important features about a restaurant is consistency. Once you have a good experience, you want that same good experience each and every time you visit. This feature is, perhaps, the single most important feature at Capital Grill in Fort Lauderdale. Staff is amazing. In particular, your barman D.J. who never disappoints and always makes guests feel as if they are the most important in the house.Special Features:
- Great Place for LunchBaumieDined on 9/29/2014I love having lunch at Capital Grille. A perfect choice for women to celebrate special occasions--portions are perfect and the plates and salad menu provide good variety. I leave feeling well-fed and pampered.Special Features:
- Best SteaksNannVIPDined on 9/26/2014Celebrated my birthday there and had the best time! The steaks were amazing. Service is impeccable! Love Capital Grille in the Galleria in Fort Lauderdale. Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJaniceVIPDined on 9/23/2014Food, as you might expect, was exceptional. We ate a the bar, watched the game, talked to the bartenders and had a most enjoyable evening. It was our anniversary, and everyone went out of their way to make it special, including a HAPPY ANNIVERSARY dessert plate. We are never disappointed.Special Features: