The Capital Grille - Ft. Lauderdale
2430 East Sunrise Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33304Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Ft. Lauderdale
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 9544462000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Sunday: 11:30am – 4:00pm. Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 4:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Marc Gruverman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Ft. Lauderdale
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Capital Grille - Ft. Lauderdale - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
The Capital Grille - Ft. Lauderdale reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (121)notable wine list (79)fit for foodies (73)romantic (70)good for groups (54)great for lunch (45)neighborhood gem (26)great for outdoor dining (26)vibrant bar scene (25)hot spot (21)great for brunch (14)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent as alwaysDarylVIPDined on 10/15/2014Consistently excellent food and service. Great place to savor my birthday dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and Consistent!!!Badass48VIPDined on 10/14/2014As always, this place never misses on the quality of the food, the service, and the overall experience. We consider the Capital Grille our go to restaurant in Fort Lauderdale, whether it is for business or pleasure. You won't regret it. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Capitol GrillespicedplumVIPDined on 10/13/2014Tried the Dine around Fort Lauderdale and it was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ME27VIPDined on 10/12/2014Every time we dine at The Capital Grille we have a great meal, and the service and ambience are great!!Special Features:
- The best steaks!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/5/2014Try the Kona rubbed steak. It is to die for. THE Flourless chocolate is a fabulous dessert. ALL IN ALL JUST AN OUTSTANDING MEAL.Special Features:
- Five Stars, Any questions?OTREVIEWERVIPDined on 10/5/2014Just exactly what you would expect from an outstanding American Steak house; and more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible service, wine and foodMStollDined on 10/5/2014We ate here the other evening and it was as superb as I remembered. They also had a special going on for Dine Out Lauderdale which we felt was a very good value. They have also redone their wine list which is now presented on an iPad with tasting notes and the ability to search their wines by grape varietal, region, or type. The service was perfect and overall it was an excellent, memorable meal.Special Features:
- Anniversary. Amazing treatment!!TorolocoVIPDined on 10/4/2014Never felt better at a restaurant. Anniversary card waiting for us, which is normal for other restaurants. The table was decorated with hearts and were offered complimentary champagne. Very good!! The steaks were amazing and at the end we were given a "Happy Anniversary plate" with candle lights and two portions of a chocolate cake and cheese cake. They even took a picture for us and gave us a printed copy to keep as a memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PoochDined on 10/3/2014Great place.. Staff is always very nice and a pleasure!Special Features:
- Steaks not worthy of high pricesWillyDined on 10/2/2014Once again I have been disappointed in the food quality at Capital Grille. Believe me I would be more than happy to pay top dollar for steaks of high quality. This is not the first time I have been sorely disappointed. The atmosphere is great, the bar is splendid, the service is attentive, but whomever supplies the steaks is not very good. It seems that they are buying their meat from Publix rather than a top quality butcher. The first steak the waiter placed in front of me I could barely get my fork thru. It was very tough and grisly. Seemed to be cooked correctly but very low quality meat. They insisted on replacing it, which they did. The second steak was slightly better but not much. Very disappointed after spending $400 +.Special Features:
- No doubt about consistency.PickyOneVIPDined on 9/30/2014One of the most important features about a restaurant is consistency. Once you have a good experience, you want that same good experience each and every time you visit. This feature is, perhaps, the single most important feature at Capital Grill in Fort Lauderdale. Staff is amazing. In particular, your barman D.J. who never disappoints and always makes guests feel as if they are the most important in the house.Special Features:
- Great Place for LunchBaumieDined on 9/29/2014I love having lunch at Capital Grille. A perfect choice for women to celebrate special occasions--portions are perfect and the plates and salad menu provide good variety. I leave feeling well-fed and pampered.Special Features:
- Best SteaksNannVIPDined on 9/26/2014Celebrated my birthday there and had the best time! The steaks were amazing. Service is impeccable! Love Capital Grille in the Galleria in Fort Lauderdale. Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJaniceVIPDined on 9/23/2014Food, as you might expect, was exceptional. We ate a the bar, watched the game, talked to the bartenders and had a most enjoyable evening. It was our anniversary, and everyone went out of their way to make it special, including a HAPPY ANNIVERSARY dessert plate. We are never disappointed.Special Features:
- Great FoodSTFmiamiVIPDined on 9/20/2014Always an amazing meal. I love the filet with butter poached lobster and the dirty Martini with blue cheese olives.Special Features:
- Special for Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014Had a date night with my Honey at Cap G. Our waiter (Chris) was perfect and the special that night was a bone-in filet. Great!Special Features:
- The Best!!!EddieDined on 9/19/2014Enjoy the food, the service, the Ambiance: better then Morton's!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShockedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014Food and service was above average but was shocked to see female waitresses serving with long un-kept hair. This is not the standard that Capital Grille should allow, had one of these women served our table I would not have accepted the servings.Special Features:
- Well balancedGGTQM1Dined on 9/16/2014All aspects of the meal from bread to desert were of high quality and delicious. Instead of one or two things being memorable, the entire meal was memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JenningsBlackbirdDined on 9/13/2014This was a wonderful experience . The food was Prepared perfectly and each staff person we encountered were very Pleasant and helpful. Especially the male host who made us feel very special. Our steak was cooked absolutely perfect and the wine was very good . We are from Nashville TN and visit the Capitol Grille in Ft Lauderdale when we come down 2 or 3 times a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaptTomDined on 9/12/2014The staff is always very attentive. Exceptional job by all including our server Susan NaffzigerSpecial Features:
- ROYALTYSAMJAMVIPDined on 9/11/2014FROM THE TIME I REQUESTED THE RESERVATIONS TO THE END OF THE MEAL, THIS WAS A CLASSY RESTAURANT. WHEN WE GOT THERE WE GAVE OUR NAME AND WERE IMMEDIATELY TAKEN TO OUR TABLE. SOME OF THE STAFF SAID HAPPY ANNIVERSARY AS WE PASSED. WE WERE IMMEDIATELY MET BY OUR WAITER(MICHAEL). THE TABLECLOTH HAD FOIL HEARTS ALL OVER. WE WERE GIVEN MENUS AND MICHAEL READ US THE SPECIALS. WHEN WE TOLD HIM WE DON'T EAT LIKE WE USED TO, HE RECOMMENDED HALF ORDERS OF VEGETABLES AND TO SHARE A STEAK. THE FOOD WAS TERRIFIC. THEY EVEN TOOK OUR PICTURE AND BROUGHT IT BACK IN A FRAME . DESSERT WAS BROUGHT ON A PLATE WITH HAPPY ANNIVERSARY PRINTED IN CHOCOLATE. WHAT A GREAT NIGHTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always stellarCarlaVIPDined on 9/10/2014One of the chains that never fails you. Always great food, great service, and a wine list that is stellar! Thank you from www.ACoupleofKidds.com!Special Features:
- Never miss!!Badass48VIPDined on 9/8/2014Another great meal. They never disappoint. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the place it once wasDaveDined on 9/6/2014Steaks were over done and salted excessively in the kitchen. If I wasn't with a party of four two meals would have been sent back. Unacceptable at this $$$ level.
- Simply AwsomegmanDined on 9/5/2014I went to celebrate my Earthday and everything was perfect. The ambiance was exactly what we were looking for. As soon as you enter until you leave the service is top notch. I must say as for Antonio, he made the evening a day to remember....Will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch Capital Grillefoodie2inlaVIPDined on 9/3/2014Recently had lunch at Capital Grille in Ft Lauderdale, they have excellent aged steak as part of their plates during lunch. You receive a starter and choice of entree all for only $18.00, I had the starter ( chose soup, Clam Chowder was great!) and the aged Filet, plenty of meat for lunch portion. The staff very attentive, checked on steak, was too rare and the manager brought me new one and double checked cooked correctly. I recommend Capital Grille for great lunch at a nice price too! Plus you have wonderful shopping at the Galleria right there in Ft Lauderdale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth celebrating a birthdayGiseFTLDined on 9/2/2014Took my husband to Capital Grill for his birthday. We typically go to Ruth's Chris for special occasions but opted to try CG. When I made the reservation on line thru Open Table I noted that it was a birthday celebration in the Special Requests section. CG went above and beyond to make the occasion special; birthday sparkles, card, photo, excellent service and attention. Food and wine were excellent. It will be our new special occasion place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My "Go To" Fave in Ft Lauderdalegourmetgoddess1VIPDined on 8/30/2014Never disappointing, a winner every time. Reservations a must. Great food, excellent service, leave room for dessert !Special Features:
- Love Capital GrilleNannVIPDined on 8/30/2014Food is delicious and service is excellent!! Must try the boned in steak. Absolutely delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh So ConsistentMissLizVIPDined on 8/25/2014Known for its service and food. This is the one "chain" that never disappoints. Order what you like as you like it- no questions asked.Special Features:
- Good quality steak and seafoodMGCascioVIPDined on 8/24/2014Visit Fort Lauderdale very often. Decided to try different steak and seafood place than our usual. The Capital Grille provides great quality food. Good atmosphere. Good service. Pricey but in line with similar restaurants. I would recommend the Capital Grille but it is not better than the other quality steak and seafood places in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!CastleNMBVIPDined on 8/22/2014Love Capital Grille, you will always have great food surrounded by a great crowd :)Special Features:
- What else but THE CAPITAL GRILLE!Carnivore1455Dined on 8/22/2014What better way to celebrate my wife becoming an American citizen than steak and potatoes (ok, and French onion soup!) at our favorite The Capital Grille (Capital...get it?) Thanks to Eric, Susan and Rosa for making it so special...and for the extra corn salsa with the lobster and crab cakes. Yummmmm! Of all the high end steak restaurants, The Capital Grille truly is one of, if not our favorite. One of the things we really like is that it's truly hard to find any faults with any aspect of the restaurant. They think of every minor detail to the nth degree, even the servers having business cards. The final touch was the long stem rose presented to my wife at the end of the evening. It was their pleasure to make our evening so memorable!Special Features:
- awesome, consistent qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014awesome, consistent quality, third time to capital grill and have had 3 amazing experiences with the food quality and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedPickyOneVIPDined on 8/21/2014What can I say - DJ did it again. A visiting New Yorker remembered the steak sandwich served at lunch. Well, upon seating DJ not only remember the steak sandwich as my guests favorite, but also the Grey Goose Martini, Blue Cheese olives. Can't ask for more than that when dining !Special Features:
- Great MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/20/2014Excellent service, we enjoyed lunch outside on the patio. We had the special, arugula salad with feta and watermelon, petit filet sandwiches were very good. Perfect size for a midday dining experienceSpecial Features:
- DJPickyOneVIPDined on 8/20/2014No, not the musical DJ, the bartender extraordinaire DJ. A frequent diner for lunch, I return with guests never to be disappointed by the level of hospitality and expert service of all the staff. But, there is one that stands out for consistent excellence and that is your Fort Lauderdale Capital Grill DJ. Always high energy, always on top of remembering details that make guests return because they are noticed and appreciated. DJ remembers your cocktail by name and your steak by its temperature. From the hostesses greeting you with a smile and opening the doors to the restaurant to the bar and floor staff, there is nothing to say but good things about this professional business lunch location. Kudos.Special Features:
- Capital Grille Never DisappointsLorimccarDined on 8/19/2014Although this was a last minute reservation because our other plans fell through, it was not 2nd rate. We had the 16oz bone in filet, green beans & the scalloped potatoes. All were done to our liking & perfection. We can always count on the Ft. Lauderdale location to fulfill our expectations & beyond. The waitstaff is friendly, knowledgeable & professional. Food is always excellent & the timing of the delivery is spot on. We never feel rushed or left wandering where our food/ waiter is. Excellent for romantic evenings for 2 or a group of 14+. You can even call ahead of time & make special arrangements for dishes/service for your occasion.Special Features:
- OverratedGlobetrotterVIPDined on 8/16/2014Second trip here after several years-- sorry, but feel it does not live up.. Fish was in dry side. Creme Brûlée was skimpy. Service was outstanding..