The Capital Grille - Fort Worth
800 Main Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Downtown
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Fort Worth
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (817) 348-9200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:00am – 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 4:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00; Sunday: 4:00pm – 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Derek Frier
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Fort Worth
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you"ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Capital Grille - Fort Worth - Best Restaurants in Fort Worth Downtown ›
The Capital Grille - Fort Worth reviews from OpenTable diners
194 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (150)romantic (101)notable wine list (96)fit for foodies (75)good for groups (45)hot spot (24)great for lunch (23)vibrant bar scene (20)neighborhood gem (15)late-night find (11)great for outdoor dining (9)great for brunch (7)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/21/2014We have dined at Capital Grille restaurants in other locations in the past and have always found them to offer you a high standard of dining experience. This was no exception. The service was excellent. Our only criticism is that the tables are very dark and it can be difficult to see what you are eating...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luncheon TreatKeeperDined on 11/21/2014If some one wants a noon-time escape from the "real world" lunch at the Capital Grille is the place to go. The food is always good, but the service is outstanding. The staff makes you feel like you are the most important table in their restaurant!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/15/2014I was visiting from Denver on a dad and daughter night out on the town. We've dined at Capital Grille in Denver many times. The restaurant in Fort Worth was equal to the one we visit in Denver. My highest praise goes to our server who took two pictures of daughter and me and provided them to us in a photo card holder...free of charge. It was a great way to memorialize the night. As always the salads, steak and lamb, mashed potatoes and brussell sprouts were all top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Good, The Bad, and The UglyBpecosVIPDined on 11/7/2014The good: Steaks were phenomenal! The Bad: we were somewhat neglected by our server but certainly understood as she had a large table to attend to also. The Ugly: We thought the drinks were exceptionally high ($14.00 a piece for a short glass of gin and tonic) and bartender was exceptionally rude. Drink from the bar $2.00 higher than from restaurant side. We did ask why the difference in price and server checked with manager. Manager totally accommodating, offering to pay for drinks, which we declined as we just wanted to know why the difference. He assured us there should not have been a difference. When heard how rude bartender was, he insisted on taking care of two drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great serviceMnl420Dined on 11/7/2014My husband and I dined here prior to attending a performance at Bass Performance Hall. Even though it seems more of a steak place I had the tuna and it was fantastic. My husband had the filet and he loved it. Our server Chester was very knowledgeable and very attentive. I would highly recommend this place. The bar also looked like a great place to catch a drink.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerbobbyTDined on 11/4/2014Wonderful special event dinner with Surprise Extras ( glass of Champagne each, dessert etc.) provided with excellent service by host waiter Robert Greely !!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/2/2014A lovely evening....the lamb chops and lobster tails were outstanding....the twice baked potatoes very tasty! The perfect ending to the meal was the rasberry sorbet. Rob oonce agin provided marvelous service.
- barOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2014We arrived 15 minutes early and were asked to wait in the bar. The bar was full, no place to stand or sit. Finally was able to get to the bar and order drinks. The drinks were fine but overpriced. The bar area was very noisy and not enjoyable. Once we were seated in the restaurant everything was fine. Noise level was perfect, service was great and the food was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinnerbabs200Dined on 11/1/2014Our table was located close to the noisy kitchen which we thought would be a problem. Surprisingly, our conversations were easy to understand. We were treated to a glass of champagne to toast our anniversary. The chef greeted us personally and made a special vegan dish for our friend. I had the peppercorn crusted steak. It was flavorful but somewhat dry. Although our server was attentive, we felt she could have been more so. All staff we encountered wished us a happy anniversary. We were served a beautiful platter with Happy Anniversary written in chocolate with a small creme brulee crusted cheesecake and a dark chocolate brownie compliments of the restaurant. Overall, we had a pleasant dining experience for this special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent evening. Perfect BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014We took our Mom here for the first time. We were sat at a table with bday confetti. Such a personal touch. Kick things off with champagne and a small bite. Great way to kick off the party. Bravo Caputal Grill. You have done a great job in achieving great service and a personal feelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014This was not our first time to eat at Capital Grill. I'm never disappointed and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys fantastic food, fantastic service. A 10 star rating would be appropriate.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/1/2014Great experience with impeccable service. The iPad wine list was quite a hit as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentGradyDined on 10/31/2014I don't know why it took so long for us to try it. The service was exceptional along with the perfectly prepared dinner. All 3 of us left saying it would be very hard to have a better dining experience. We will be back very soon!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mslaymslayDined on 10/31/2014Bar was nice and bar tenders very attentive. Food was exceptional. Waiter was outstanding. Will ask for him again. We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch Fine DiningAltGirlTXDined on 10/27/2014A group of four had dinner at The Capital Grille for a friend's birthday. I had noted this in the OpenTable reservation and they took extra care to ensure they recognized the event. The table was decorated (tastefully), they had a signed card waiting, there were 'shots', an amuse bouche, a rose, and dessert. The restaurant itself is old school steakhouse fine dining at its best without being overly pretentious. It's dark wood and career servers (thank you Doug!) but an up-to-date menu that doesn't feel stuck in the 80s. Based on the overall ambiance, I have to say the new iPad-style drink menus do not fit and need to go. The food was outstanding and perfect for sharing. Definitely a great spot for business dinners or romantic evenings alikeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!Patty47Dined on 10/26/2014Had dinner at The Capital Grill for my husband's birthday. As we were seated by the manager, I knew we were in for a treat. Our server had recommendations for us and we had the oysters, as an appetizer which were perfect. Then she brought a sample of a new reduction on a steak sample prepared with Kona coffeethat was melt in your mouth delicious. Our steaks arrived and they were so good. I had the tenderloin with lobster which was cooked to perfection. My husband had the filet. We also had creamed spinach and mashed potatoes. Everything was prepared to perfection. We were addressed by our name at the beginning and end of the meal. Just the greatest dining experience. Definitely our special occasion restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/26/2014Once again, we had a delightful meal......the new chicken recipe made for a delicious meal, and the lobster tales were also great. The sorbet trio was also a very tasty way to finish off our evening. As always, Rob was absolutely the best! It was akso nice to have a few moments to chat with Chef Derek.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014The food here is outstanding! I love finding places with a great selection! Excellent service and ambiance. Menu is solid and the wine selection is impressive. Great place for romantic dinner or first date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grille is awesomefan1Dined on 10/25/2014The Capital Grille in Ft. Worth was just fabulous as we knew it would be from our previous experience in Las Vegas. The location was so great as it is located a short 2 block walk from our hotel in downtown Ft. Worth. Its also very close to Sundance Square. We will be back for sure!!!ISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptionalJkadingoVIPDined on 10/25/2014Great food, great service and great atmosphere. The hardest part was deciding on what to eat, so much to choose. Definitely will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner and eveningjmainsDined on 10/25/2014Everything was perfect for our anniversary dinner. Our server was helpful and fun, the food was delicious and just as recommended, and the ambiance was perfect. Great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food and service!TawooDined on 10/23/2014Wow! Overly impressed with the service. Food was to die for. Will be coming back soon hopefully!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningSrookeyDined on 10/23/2014Our experience at the Capital Grille was just perfect. We had a birthday to celebrate and definitely chose the right restaurant for ambiance, outstanding service and the "to die for" food.Special Features:
- A home run.1culinarycarnivoreDined on 10/19/2014Excellent in all respects, Sea food, Steak, Sides and drinks. Nothing but the best. We felt special.Special Features:
- Great food and servicetwodinersDined on 10/19/2014The restaurant is dark but inviting, perfect spot for a special occasion dinner. The service and the food were excellent, our server was there the moment we set down to introduce himself. I would recommend the filet and the lobster crab cakes. Both were very well prepared.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/19/2014another great dinner with the ultimate in service from Rob Greeley!
- Anniversary celebrationSidtitoDined on 10/18/2014We told them it was our anniversary and they went over the top to make our night special and make us feel special. Our food was delicious and the chef made a requested dish off menu for my husband. They even took a picture of us that they presented to us before we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/14/2014This evening was truly awesome. Rob went way above any expectations to make the evening special for our friends visiting from out of town. The wine was wonderful, the food amazing and the service fabulous. An evening never to be forgotton by our gusts and by us!
- The perfect eveningWineanddineDined on 10/13/2014Celebrated my birthday at Capital Grille. Everything was perfect. Alex took great care of our group in the bar before dinner. Then we moved to the table. Mary gave us absolutely perfect service and went above and beyond. Food perfectly prepared and delicious. We all enjoyed our night and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely magicalEmmers54Dined on 10/13/2014The entire atmosphere was so welcoming! The wait-staff was amazing. We had never been to a nice restaurant and the experience was breath-taking. Everyone was so accommodating and wonderful! I will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/12/2014another most enjoyable evening with some of the nicest employees in town.....the new butternut squash bisque was really dellicious, and the wild mushroom risotto was a lovely compliment to both the salmon and the lamb chop entrees. As always, Rob's most attentive service only made our time there better.
- Excellent ExperienceHappyeatingDined on 10/10/2014Service and ambiance impeccable. Steaks fabulous. Lobster bisque and wedge salad delicious. Crab/lobster cakes small for price and I've tasted better in other restaurants. Cream spinach disappointing, runny and not very tasty. But overall, a great meal and time. I will return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/5/2014the wedge salad was delicious....and the lobster tails were really awesome....so tender and tasty! Rob's service was amazing as always.
- Great but not fantasticBdaygirl0210Dined on 10/2/2014The food was great but in all honesty, not worth the huge price tag. It didn't blow me away. It was my birthday so they went beyond my expectations on the way I was treated. Great service, good ambience and an excellent wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/28/2014Once again, delicious food and excellent service! The lamb chops were done perfectly, and the salmon was absolutely delicious. Rob really goes out of his way to insure a great experience......
- Downtown Fort Worth GemBillBDined on 9/27/2014For me, this is a special events restaurant before Bass Hall productions. This is basically due to the price. It will cost you $75 to $100 per person from drinks to dessert. The food and service are great.Special Features:
- Outstanding all 'roundDeweyDined on 9/26/2014Steve Oliver was our server and he was remarkable. The effort made to ensure our experience was top knotch was genuine and consistent. He was knowledgeable, helpful and appropriately attentive. We were there with our daughter and son-in-law and the steaks (filets, ribeye delmonico, filet oscar) and lobster tails were fantastic. We will be back soon. Thank you!Special Features:
- always a delight!jinglesDined on 9/25/2014Lovely restaurant for those special occasions...dinner is the better choice as lunch offers a somewhat limited menuSpecial Features:
- Excellent dining experienceJohnVIPDined on 9/23/2014As usual, Capital Grille didn't disappoint. Wonderful meal, really good server, Felicia. Though the food prices are fine, the wine prices for the value are too high. We instead As usual, Capital Grille didn't disappoint. Wonderful meal, really good server, Felicia. Though the food prices are fine, the wine prices for the value are too high. We instead ordered cocktails. cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyJaneeDined on 9/23/2014Their service continues to amaze us! We celebrated a birthday on our second visit to Capital Grille in Fort Worth, and they did not disappoint. Our table was perfect, with colorful confetti on the table to set the stage. Our server was fabulous. She was patient with our questions, and very communicative - not in a hurry to get to her next table. At the end of the end of the evening, they brought us a lovely presentation of a dessert, took our picture and presented it to me with a rose to take home. Lovely evening.Special Features: