The Capital Grille - Fort Worth
800 Main Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Downtown
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Fort Worth
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 8173489200x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:00am – 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 4:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00; Sunday: 4:00pm – 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Derek Frier
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Fort Worth
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you"ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Capital Grille - Fort Worth - Best Restaurants in Fort Worth Downtown ›
The Capital Grille - Fort Worth reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (127)notable wine list (84)romantic (76)fit for foodies (47)good for groups (33)great for lunch (20)vibrant bar scene (13)neighborhood gem (11)hot spot (10)great for brunch (9)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Restaurant WeekEFGCSRDined on 8/20/2014Dinner was delicious! Best Cheesecake ever!!! The filet was superb and those potatoes rocked!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014Had a great time with friends. Felt a little ignored by the waitress. Esp when she called me mom....I wasn't the oldest there and she couldn't have been my daughter. Love the atmosphere and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New place for Lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Great service from Steve our server....Love the atmosphere and food!Special Features:
- Capital GrilleOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/17/2014I went to Capital Grille a couple of weeks ago. We had the ribeye off the regular menu. It was GREAT! I've been there for lunch and the hamburger is the best hamburger I've ever had! I've been there a couple of times for restaurant week and I prefer the Capital Grille in Dallas for restaurant week. I had the sirloin as recommended by the waiter. Unfortunately it did not have as much flavor. It had gristle still on the outside of the meat which was not edible. Ceasar salad was good as was the dessert. I would get the filet mignon on the restaurant week menu instead of the sirloin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/17/2014It was terribly crowded and noisy this week.....made for a rather hectic dinner. Rob, as always, was wonderful with the service...and the food was very tasty...if the noise had been a bit less, it would have been what we usually have come to expect.
- Restaurant Week - Off Standard?OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014We went for Restaurant Week. Overall the service was great, as expected. The appetizers and main course were very well done. However, the deserts were subpar and disappointing versus the rest of the meal. The portions were embarrassingly small, only a couple of small bites. This is a far cry from Capital’s normal generous standard. Overall, portions were definitely cut back and prices were increased from previous year’s Restaurant Week…unfortunate…Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday to RememberMargeneDined on 8/16/2014Three of us went to Capital Grill for my husband's birthday and we all were very pleased and stuffed when we left! We had the three course $45 meal each. I had the beef tornadoes, my husband the prime rib, and our son the chicken. Along with the sides of lobster macaroni(out of this world), creamed corn, green beans, and mashed potatoes. Everything was delicious, hot, and cooked to perfection! Our server was very attentive but not intrusive. The dessert was flourless expresso chocolate cake with fresh berries, and cheesecake with fresh berries! Wonderful! Then our server packed up all our food that we couldn't finish, took our picture and gave us one rounding out the special occasion. Thank you for a great evening!Special Features:
- Great Restaurant Week DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Wonderful place to go on special occasions. It is way too expensive to go very often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Fun!ShayneVIPDined on 8/16/2014The service, wine - loved the Generous Pour, and food were exceptional making our time out with friends even more special. The clam chowder wasn't as good as the rest of the food on the Restaurant Week menu, but the bone-in sirloin was great and the filet was fantastic.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dinner for 2DirtDoyenneDined on 8/16/2014Very enjoyable evening at The Capital Grille. We were seated promptly, and enjoyed attentive but not overbearing service. The citrus salmon was delicious, and the steak was cooked perfectly. Best bread basket we've had in a long time! We were seated in a room with 4 tables, and the noise level was acceptable. We'll definitely return to this restaurant!Special Features:
- A nice anniversary dinnerKhChDined on 8/15/2014We had dined at other Capital a Grill locations; Fort Worth location was new to us. Pineapple infused vodka at the bar before dinner was excellent. The bartender comped this upon hearing of our anniversary- a very nice touch. Server Alex was attentive but not overbearing. We had a restaurant week selection of Caesar salad and filet. They were nicely prepared and went down well with a nice bottle do Spanish wine (Juan Gill). A lovely time at a quality restaurant. Will definitely repeat.Special Features:
- TerriDined on 8/14/2014First time to visit this place. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Fantastic Restaurant Week ExperiencCanyonsDivasAndDudesDined on 8/13/2014Our group of seven went to Capital Grille for DFW Restaurant week. The service was exceptional and attentive. Some of my friends decided to also order the Generous Pour (basically wines paired with the course) and they were very pleased. The steak I ordered was tender and juicy. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Outstanding!KelsanDined on 8/13/2014My family and I went to The Capital Grille for restaurant week. It was amazing! We plan on returning again real soon!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014we absolutely love this place and will definitely be back for a romantic anniversary dinner I'm sure. My steak was tender but a little underseasoned. The hubby loved his. The waitstaff here is always attentive and very knowledgeable of the menu and I can't say enough about them. they are quick to make recommendations and seem to not be rushed in taking your order and rushing you out the door. Even the greeters are extremely friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeEatbeef59Dined on 8/10/2014Food and service was top notch. Lobster was outstanding. Save room for desert as the coconut cream pie was the best I have ever tried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionRayFoodieDined on 8/9/2014Capital Grille does it right. The food, service and ambiance is always just right. On as many as a dozen visits, we have never had a bad experience with the food or service. Everything we have tried has been prepared perfectly and each server we have encountered has been better than the last one. We will, of course, be going back and soon. The only issue with out recent visit was 5:00 pm was the only time we could get a reservation. We arrived at 4:45 pm and found the doors locked. They did not open until exactly 5 pm and left more than a dozen of us standing out front in the Texas heat. Had it been my restaurant, a complimentary cocktail or glass of wine would have been served to those who had to wait in the heat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious even for VegansbellasmommDined on 8/7/2014Superior service (ask for Tye) and great food. Three off menu options for vegans. I had the crusted tofu with 3 dipping sauces - soy, miso, and ginger. Last two were excellent. Yummy berries for desserts. Celebrated a birthday and took our 3 year old and 3 month old. Perfect noise level to drown out fussiness. They also took 3 year old back to meet chef and made her special ice cream. Night was a delight for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightBeachmanDined on 8/6/2014We had a wonderful night out....great drinks, food, and service. Hard to beat Capital Grill!Special Features:
- Top notch food in Ft. WorthDaveincowtownDined on 8/4/2014My wife and I had the opportunity to eat dinner here for my recent birthday. The wait staff was friendly and helpful with suggestions and the water glass never reached half full all night. My wife and I had a different salad and entree. My wife ordered the double cut lamb chops and I had the delmonico steak. Both entrees were fantastic and cooked to perfection. For our side disk we had the creamed spinach which was also prepared very nicely. The spinach was fresh and vibrant and the creme sauce was a nice accent. We finished off the meal by sharing a creme brulee which was good, but not top of the list. For those who are budget conscious, please take note. Dinner for two (with two glasses of wine) ran us close to $200.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My business lunch at Capital GrilleDavidDined on 8/4/2014Finding a place that is quiet enough to talk and conduct business is hard these days. The Capital Grille is the perfect place to talk and listen while dining over great food. I'm usually dressed business formal as in the world of finance that's the way it is. I feel comfortable and usually get great business done here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/3/2014Great meal again......the scallops were very tasty......will definitely have again. .....side dish of creamed corn is a nice alternative to potatoes....Rob was great as always!
- anniversary celebrationk2diningDined on 8/3/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary and had a wonderful time. The service was excellent and I would highly recommend our server, Brenda who made the evening very special. The Kona steak and halibut were well prepared as were the prosciutto mozzarella appetizer and wedge salad. There is a lot of attention to detail and emphasis on fine ingredients down to the fresh bread, the butter and the aged balsamic vinegar. They have wonderful wine selections as well and we enjoyed their $25 tasting event. Our table was festively decorated and we were given a personalized dessert platter and fresh rose. We go to fine dining restaurants with wonderful food but Capital Grille stands above others due to its ambiance and skilled service.Special Features:
- Food was great- service was awfulLK813Dined on 8/2/2014As always the food was great, but our experience really suffered due to the awful service. We were seated about 20 min after our reservation, which wasn't a huge deal but then we had the worst server whom we only saw maybe 5 times total over our 2 hour dinner. We saw the water guy more often than our waitress, Kristin W., & the food runners were stuck clearing the table while balancing our steaks because she had neglected to clear our food even once from the amuse-bouche, soups, steaks, to the desserts. She would disappear from the floor for long periods of time when we needed something like another glass of wine & her other tables around us were talking about how awful she was. The manager checked on us after we paid; Too little too late.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 3rd VisitAnghoughVIPDined on 8/2/2014Completely enjoyable. Every request was met, and our group of 10 was well taken care of in a private room. Brenda, our server, made us feel welcome. The steaks juicy and outstanding, as usual. All of the sides were cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- A very pleasurable experienceBlondieDined on 8/2/2014The food was outstanding, especially the lobster bisque (many huge chunks of lobster). My filet came just as I had asked medium-rare, err on the rare side - it was perfect! The service was very pleasant and on time. They had a wine special going on until end of August - $25 for a tasting of a selection of their featured wines - great deal! Overall, it was a wonderful experience. However, when we got home, we found that one of the meals was missing from the leftovers. Incredibly disappointing, considering the amount of money spent on this meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great StaffFridayvisitDined on 8/1/2014Had a great time on our visit to Capital Grill, will be back again and again. Staff stopped many times to make sure everything was going fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak AroundMRColVIPDined on 7/31/2014Its been a while since my husband and I went on date night. We decided on Capital Grill. I ordered a fillet with truffled fries and my husband ordered a ribeye with green beans. Both were excellent. The steak was perfect and service exceptional. With so many steak houses to choose from I think this has moved to the top spot. Delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceJD56Dined on 7/29/2014My steak and my wife's lamb was perfectly cooked and visually pleasing. The macaroni and lobster side dish was a great addition to the main course. The level of service was outstanding. We had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Subpar ServiceAmyJayDined on 7/26/2014I LOVE going to Capital Grille. The food is always excellent. This time the service was not that great. Our waitress disappeared for long periods of time leaving our drinks empty and then making excuses as to why it was taking so long. We were also asked if we had valeted because our drinks were going down "pretty heavily". My boyfriend had 4 drinks and I had a few glasses of wine. It was pretty insulting. We had taken a cab. My boyfriend also told the waitress that it was my bday and he was told they would do something special. They charged us for our dessert, the waitress didn't say anything to me and one of the hostesses brought over a long-stemmed rose at the end of the dinner. Have had much better service there before.Special Features:
- Special occasion kind of placeIllini48Dined on 7/25/2014We went to Capital Grille for the second year in a row to celebrate our anniversary and for the second year in a row they exceeded our expectations. Food was wonderful and the service was even better. The steaks were perfectly done. Since it was only the two of us we got 1/2 size sides and they gave my wife, who isn't a big eater, the child size filet (4oz). The "generous pour" was a great deal and was indeed very generous. We'll be back!Special Features:
- My FAVORITE Fort Worth RestaurantlovetoeatgoodfoodDined on 7/25/2014I go to Capital Grill for all of my special occasions. The food and staff never disappoint. Friday night 10 of us ate in a private room with a round table. Perfect for a great couples night out. Ryan our Server could not have been friendlier or more accommodating. The food was amazing. I highly recommend Capital Grill.Special Features:
- Top notch.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Excellent salad, crabcakes, and scallop entrée. Service was appropriate for an upscale restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2014We had a wonderful evening! The food was delicious and our server was the best we've ever had there!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/20/2014Once again...a wonderful evening with most excellent service of mosr excellent food!
- OUTSTANDING!!!GeneDined on 7/19/2014I chose Capital Grille to celebrate my 29th wedding anniversary and boy did i make an excellent choice! From the moment my wife and i arrived, we we're greeting by the most charming hostess who greeted us warmly and made us very comfortable. After that, everything else was just wonderful! From the impeccable service from the waitstaff to the most beautifully cooked steaks we have eaten in long,long time! The attention given to us that night made this one of the most memorable anniversary dinners yet! I will look forward to coming back just because! Absolutely terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaksmuffetteDined on 7/19/2014With 3 steak restaurants in the same block the key is to have spotless service and great food. Capital Grille gets great grades in both areas!! We will return! No request was too much for them and I have certain dietary no-nos. They were happy to oblige.Special Features:
- great placeboboDined on 7/16/2014My husband and I celebrated his birthday with another couple at Capital Grille in Ft. Worth. Their specialty rub for steaks is awesome, as well as the rest of the food. Been there twice and was made to feel extra special both times. Ryan is a great waiter and the chefs won't disappoint.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Birthday!VivianT482VIPDined on 7/15/2014Our Capital Grille experience was the finale of my birthday. We had previously gone to visit the bar and had met Jonathon, who is an excellent and attentive bartender. I decided that I wanted to come back and visit for my birthday. We requested to be seated at the bar to eat. Upon arrival, I was greeted with a big "happy birthday" from the hostess. Jonathon came out to greet us and walked us to the bar where they had a birthday card waiting for me signed by multiple staff. We enjoyed delicious cocktails and Capital Grille's amazing large seafood toward (two lobsters, crabmeat, oysters on the half shell, and gigantic shrimp). They topped it off with a slice of hazelnut chocolate cake! Heaven! We'll be back soon! Thank you!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/13/2014Once again, Rob was there to take excellent care of us during our visit....this is our regular Sunday night dinner place, and we love the food and the service.