The Capital Grille - Fort Worth
800 Main Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Downtown
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Fort Worth
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 8173489200x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:00am – 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 4:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00; Sunday: 4:00pm – 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Derek Frier
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Fort Worth
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you"ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Capital Grille - Fort Worth - Best Restaurants in Fort Worth Downtown ›
The Capital Grille - Fort Worth reviews from OpenTable diners
193 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (149)romantic (103)notable wine list (96)fit for foodies (65)good for groups (44)great for lunch (19)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (17)neighborhood gem (13)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (8)great for brunch (7)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014Had dinner at The Capital Grill for my husband's birthday. As we were seated by the manager, I knew we were in for a treat. Our server had recommendations for us and we had the oysters, as an appetizer which were perfect. Then she brought a sample of a new reduction on a steak sample prepared with Kona coffeethat was melt in your mouth delicious. Our steaks arrived and they were so good. I had the tenderloin with lobster which was cooked to perfection. My husband had the filet. We also had creamed spinach and mashed potatoes. Everything was prepared to perfection. We were addressed by our name at the beginning and end of the meal. Just the greatest dining experience. Definitely our special occasion restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/26/2014Once again, we had a delightful meal......the new chicken recipe made for a delicious meal, and the lobster tales were also great. The sorbet trio was also a very tasty way to finish off our evening. As always, Rob was absolutely the best! It was akso nice to have a few moments to chat with Chef Derek.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014The food here is outstanding! I love finding places with a great selection! Excellent service and ambiance. Menu is solid and the wine selection is impressive. Great place for romantic dinner or first date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grille is awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014The Capital Grille in Ft. Worth was just fabulous as we knew it would be from our previous experience in Las Vegas. The location was so great as it is located a short 2 block walk from our hotel in downtown Ft. Worth. Its also very close to Sundance Square. We will be back for sure!!!ISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner and eveningjmainsDined on 10/25/2014Everything was perfect for our anniversary dinner. Our server was helpful and fun, the food was delicious and just as recommended, and the ambiance was perfect. Great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningSrookeyDined on 10/23/2014Our experience at the Capital Grille was just perfect. We had a birthday to celebrate and definitely chose the right restaurant for ambiance, outstanding service and the "to die for" food.Special Features:
- A home run.1culinarycarnivoreDined on 10/19/2014Excellent in all respects, Sea food, Steak, Sides and drinks. Nothing but the best. We felt special.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014The restaurant is dark but inviting, perfect spot for a special occasion dinner. The service and the food were excellent, our server was there the moment we set down to introduce himself. I would recommend the filet and the lobster crab cakes. Both were very well prepared.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/19/2014another great dinner with the ultimate in service from Rob Greeley!
- Anniversary celebrationSidtitoDined on 10/18/2014We told them it was our anniversary and they went over the top to make our night special and make us feel special. Our food was delicious and the chef made a requested dish off menu for my husband. They even took a picture of us that they presented to us before we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/14/2014This evening was truly awesome. Rob went way above any expectations to make the evening special for our friends visiting from out of town. The wine was wonderful, the food amazing and the service fabulous. An evening never to be forgotton by our gusts and by us!
- The perfect eveningWineanddineDined on 10/13/2014Celebrated my birthday at Capital Grille. Everything was perfect. Alex took great care of our group in the bar before dinner. Then we moved to the table. Mary gave us absolutely perfect service and went above and beyond. Food perfectly prepared and delicious. We all enjoyed our night and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely magicalEmmers54Dined on 10/13/2014The entire atmosphere was so welcoming! The wait-staff was amazing. We had never been to a nice restaurant and the experience was breath-taking. Everyone was so accommodating and wonderful! I will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/12/2014another most enjoyable evening with some of the nicest employees in town.....the new butternut squash bisque was really dellicious, and the wild mushroom risotto was a lovely compliment to both the salmon and the lamb chop entrees. As always, Rob's most attentive service only made our time there better.
- Excellent ExperienceHappyeatingDined on 10/10/2014Service and ambiance impeccable. Steaks fabulous. Lobster bisque and wedge salad delicious. Crab/lobster cakes small for price and I've tasted better in other restaurants. Cream spinach disappointing, runny and not very tasty. But overall, a great meal and time. I will return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/5/2014the wedge salad was delicious....and the lobster tails were really awesome....so tender and tasty! Rob's service was amazing as always.
- Great but not fantasticBdaygirl0210Dined on 10/2/2014The food was great but in all honesty, not worth the huge price tag. It didn't blow me away. It was my birthday so they went beyond my expectations on the way I was treated. Great service, good ambience and an excellent wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/28/2014Once again, delicious food and excellent service! The lamb chops were done perfectly, and the salmon was absolutely delicious. Rob really goes out of his way to insure a great experience......
- Downtown Fort Worth GemBillBDined on 9/27/2014For me, this is a special events restaurant before Bass Hall productions. This is basically due to the price. It will cost you $75 to $100 per person from drinks to dessert. The food and service are great.Special Features:
- Outstanding all 'roundDeweyDined on 9/26/2014Steve Oliver was our server and he was remarkable. The effort made to ensure our experience was top knotch was genuine and consistent. He was knowledgeable, helpful and appropriately attentive. We were there with our daughter and son-in-law and the steaks (filets, ribeye delmonico, filet oscar) and lobster tails were fantastic. We will be back soon. Thank you!Special Features:
- always a delight!jinglesDined on 9/25/2014Lovely restaurant for those special occasions...dinner is the better choice as lunch offers a somewhat limited menuSpecial Features:
- Excellent dining experienceJohnVIPDined on 9/23/2014As usual, Capital Grille didn't disappoint. Wonderful meal, really good server, Felicia. Though the food prices are fine, the wine prices for the value are too high. We instead As usual, Capital Grille didn't disappoint. Wonderful meal, really good server, Felicia. Though the food prices are fine, the wine prices for the value are too high. We instead ordered cocktails. cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyJaneeDined on 9/23/2014Their service continues to amaze us! We celebrated a birthday on our second visit to Capital Grille in Fort Worth, and they did not disappoint. Our table was perfect, with colorful confetti on the table to set the stage. Our server was fabulous. She was patient with our questions, and very communicative - not in a hurry to get to her next table. At the end of the end of the evening, they brought us a lovely presentation of a dessert, took our picture and presented it to me with a rose to take home. Lovely evening.Special Features:
- Good service great goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/21/2014The wife and I had an amazing night here. Staff is amazing and the food was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well done- again!JamesDined on 9/20/2014Took family to capital grill on Saturday night. Everything was tremendous. bartender knew what he was doing and had a great personality. Our waiter was the best we have every had of our four isits to this Capital Grill. We will be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/14/2014Once again, we enjoyed a wonderful dinner......the food and beverages were delicious and Rob gave us most excellent service.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/13/2014Our salad was delivered with our steaks. Needless to say, we were not able to eat the salad.Special Features:
- Great ConsistencydllandesVIPDined on 9/13/2014As always, Capital Grille-Fort Worth meets the expectations for food quality and service. It is nice to dine at an establishment where servers remember your wine preferences, your dining preferences, and your seating preferences, without having to be reminded...even if it is a couple of months between visits. The service is always outstanding. This location has brought back the bone-in filet, hand-cut, and aged in-house. Definitely should be a keeper on the menu. Extremely flavorful and tender beyond belief. Medium-rare throughout, the flavor of this steak will hold up to any Cabernet on their wine list. The lobster mac and cheese is the most decadent side dish one can order...anywhere. Divine!! A great night out, to be sure!Special Features:
- Amazing!ApattonDined on 9/6/2014Never a bad experience here. Delmonico steak is to die for and the service is better than 5 star!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!UniquedinersVIPDined on 9/6/2014Always an amazing experience! The food is superb! Outstanding service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!TJSivDined on 9/1/2014This place was fantastic! The steaks and the wine were out of the park good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food but nothing specialRandomFoodieDined on 8/31/2014The food is good and the service is top notch but the restaurant is no better than the other high priced steak places. There are two other spots just nearby that charge as much and are equal in food and service. You won't miss ifnyou choose to go but price doesn't equal great food here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/31/2014another pleasant evening. ...Justin took excellent care of us.
- Favorite 5 Star RestaurantfortworthfoodieDined on 8/30/2014The service and food here are fantastic. After two years in a row of visiting this place for restaurant week it remains my favorite high end restaurant in Fort Worth. Despite it being a chain!Special Features:
- Always meets our expectations.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014We have dined in each of the Capital Grille restaurants in the DFW area and the Galleria in Houston. Each and every one has exceeded our expectations. Special occasions (birthdays and anniversaries) have been celebrated and each time we felt like we were the most important people there. The level of service, wine list and fabulous food never waiver. The Generous Pour was also enjoyed along with a delectable menu during restaurant week this past Friday. The menu for this promo was impressive and each of us were pleased with our choices. Cannot say enough good things about each location as they are all rated 5 star in our opinion.Special Features:
- Friday Night on the PatioMiltVIPDined on 8/29/2014Last Friday the temperature was moderate enough to enjoy a meal on their scenic patio. Little did we know that football practice would break out with kids throwing a football from one end of the patio to the other. I doubt that the staff would have tolerated such activity indoors, but after nearly 20 minutes of shouting children and tossed footballs nearly hitting our table - our tolerance gave out and we had to ask to have the football practice shut down. A manager did comp my wine for the inconvenience, but this was definitely not the atmosphere expected at this restaurant.Special Features:
- 35th AnniversaryBedohaveDined on 8/28/2014This place is incredible! The waiter (Jason B.) always called us by name, chef to our table, everything was first class! Food was indescribable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014As always, the dining experience was wonderful. We always have so much fun here that we look forward to returning. Our waitperson, Gilad Faivre, was very attentive and cordial. Would highly recommend to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over RatedFlatulenceIntheFortDined on 8/27/2014Took us an hour and a half to eat lunch. My wife's salmon was raw in the middle and we should have sent it back but we had already fed the meter twice already. Disappointed, especially for the price.Special Features:
- Great experienceLuv2eatoutDined on 8/26/2014I took my wife to Capital Grill to celebrate her birthday. The flowers I ordered were there waiting at the table. The food was exceptional and the service was the best we have ever had. Due to a prior commitment it was necessary to dine at 2pm. We were essentially alone in the dining room. The quiet was really nice. The piece de resistance was the desert. We had ordered cheese cake with berries and it came out on a plate for two with Happy Birthday Grace, handwritten in chocolate. Then our waiter took our picture and printed it for us. I recommend this for any Fort Worth diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.