The Capital Grille - Fort Worth
800 Main Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Downtown
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Fort Worth
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 8173489200x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:00am – 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 4:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00; Sunday: 4:00pm – 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Derek Frier
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Fort Worth
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you"ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Capital Grille - Fort Worth - Best Restaurants in Fort Worth Downtown ›
The Capital Grille - Fort Worth reviews from OpenTable diners
195 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (152)romantic (101)notable wine list (97)fit for foodies (65)good for groups (43)great for lunch (21)vibrant bar scene (19)hot spot (16)neighborhood gem (12)great for outdoor dining (9)late-night find (9)great for brunch (7)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/28/2014Once again, delicious food and excellent service! The lamb chops were done perfectly, and the salmon was absolutely delicious. Rob really goes out of his way to insure a great experience......
- Downtown Fort Worth GemBillBDined on 9/27/2014For me, this is a special events restaurant before Bass Hall productions. This is basically due to the price. It will cost you $75 to $100 per person from drinks to dessert. The food and service are great.Special Features:
- Outstanding all 'roundDeweyDined on 9/26/2014Steve Oliver was our server and he was remarkable. The effort made to ensure our experience was top knotch was genuine and consistent. He was knowledgeable, helpful and appropriately attentive. We were there with our daughter and son-in-law and the steaks (filets, ribeye delmonico, filet oscar) and lobster tails were fantastic. We will be back soon. Thank you!Special Features:
- always a delight!jinglesDined on 9/25/2014Lovely restaurant for those special occasions...dinner is the better choice as lunch offers a somewhat limited menuSpecial Features:
- Excellent dining experienceJohnVIPDined on 9/23/2014As usual, Capital Grille didn't disappoint. Wonderful meal, really good server, Felicia. Though the food prices are fine, the wine prices for the value are too high. We instead As usual, Capital Grille didn't disappoint. Wonderful meal, really good server, Felicia. Though the food prices are fine, the wine prices for the value are too high. We instead ordered cocktails. cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyJaneeDined on 9/23/2014Their service continues to amaze us! We celebrated a birthday on our second visit to Capital Grille in Fort Worth, and they did not disappoint. Our table was perfect, with colorful confetti on the table to set the stage. Our server was fabulous. She was patient with our questions, and very communicative - not in a hurry to get to her next table. At the end of the end of the evening, they brought us a lovely presentation of a dessert, took our picture and presented it to me with a rose to take home. Lovely evening.Special Features:
- Good service great goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/21/2014The wife and I had an amazing night here. Staff is amazing and the food was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well done- again!JamesDined on 9/20/2014Took family to capital grill on Saturday night. Everything was tremendous. bartender knew what he was doing and had a great personality. Our waiter was the best we have every had of our four isits to this Capital Grill. We will be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/14/2014Once again, we enjoyed a wonderful dinner......the food and beverages were delicious and Rob gave us most excellent service.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/13/2014Our salad was delivered with our steaks. Needless to say, we were not able to eat the salad.Special Features:
- Great ConsistencydllandesVIPDined on 9/13/2014As always, Capital Grille-Fort Worth meets the expectations for food quality and service. It is nice to dine at an establishment where servers remember your wine preferences, your dining preferences, and your seating preferences, without having to be reminded...even if it is a couple of months between visits. The service is always outstanding. This location has brought back the bone-in filet, hand-cut, and aged in-house. Definitely should be a keeper on the menu. Extremely flavorful and tender beyond belief. Medium-rare throughout, the flavor of this steak will hold up to any Cabernet on their wine list. The lobster mac and cheese is the most decadent side dish one can order...anywhere. Divine!! A great night out, to be sure!Special Features:
- Amazing!ApattonDined on 9/6/2014Never a bad experience here. Delmonico steak is to die for and the service is better than 5 star!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!UniquedinersVIPDined on 9/6/2014Always an amazing experience! The food is superb! Outstanding service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!TJSivDined on 9/1/2014This place was fantastic! The steaks and the wine were out of the park good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food but nothing specialRandomFoodieDined on 8/31/2014The food is good and the service is top notch but the restaurant is no better than the other high priced steak places. There are two other spots just nearby that charge as much and are equal in food and service. You won't miss ifnyou choose to go but price doesn't equal great food here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/31/2014another pleasant evening. ...Justin took excellent care of us.
- Favorite 5 Star RestaurantfortworthfoodieDined on 8/30/2014The service and food here are fantastic. After two years in a row of visiting this place for restaurant week it remains my favorite high end restaurant in Fort Worth. Despite it being a chain!Special Features:
- Always meets our expectations.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014We have dined in each of the Capital Grille restaurants in the DFW area and the Galleria in Houston. Each and every one has exceeded our expectations. Special occasions (birthdays and anniversaries) have been celebrated and each time we felt like we were the most important people there. The level of service, wine list and fabulous food never waiver. The Generous Pour was also enjoyed along with a delectable menu during restaurant week this past Friday. The menu for this promo was impressive and each of us were pleased with our choices. Cannot say enough good things about each location as they are all rated 5 star in our opinion.Special Features:
- Friday Night on the PatioMiltVIPDined on 8/29/2014Last Friday the temperature was moderate enough to enjoy a meal on their scenic patio. Little did we know that football practice would break out with kids throwing a football from one end of the patio to the other. I doubt that the staff would have tolerated such activity indoors, but after nearly 20 minutes of shouting children and tossed footballs nearly hitting our table - our tolerance gave out and we had to ask to have the football practice shut down. A manager did comp my wine for the inconvenience, but this was definitely not the atmosphere expected at this restaurant.Special Features:
- 35th AnniversaryBedohaveDined on 8/28/2014This place is incredible! The waiter (Jason B.) always called us by name, chef to our table, everything was first class! Food was indescribable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014As always, the dining experience was wonderful. We always have so much fun here that we look forward to returning. Our waitperson, Gilad Faivre, was very attentive and cordial. Would highly recommend to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over RatedFlatulenceIntheFortDined on 8/27/2014Took us an hour and a half to eat lunch. My wife's salmon was raw in the middle and we should have sent it back but we had already fed the meter twice already. Disappointed, especially for the price.Special Features:
- Great experienceLuv2eatoutDined on 8/26/2014I took my wife to Capital Grill to celebrate her birthday. The flowers I ordered were there waiting at the table. The food was exceptional and the service was the best we have ever had. Due to a prior commitment it was necessary to dine at 2pm. We were essentially alone in the dining room. The quiet was really nice. The piece de resistance was the desert. We had ordered cheese cake with berries and it came out on a plate for two with Happy Birthday Grace, handwritten in chocolate. Then our waiter took our picture and printed it for us. I recommend this for any Fort Worth diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wow factorRealtalkReviewsDined on 8/25/2014looked for someplace new and found online. filet mignon abd steak absolutely outstanding and wait staff outstanding! will definitely be returning......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- allaboutfoodDined on 8/24/2014The restaurant was easily located. The bar was very nice and the waiters were excellent. the food was amazing and I will definitely be back. We had left overs and had them for dinner the next night. The steaks were still as good as they were at the restaurants. Melt in your mouth. I will highly recommend this restaurant to all of my family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceKayanneDined on 8/24/2014I was served by Rob. Food was great. Over all it was great night all aroundSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/24/2014food was quite tasty...Rob remains our most favorite server in the city!
- A Nice Dining ExperienceGeofoodieDined on 8/23/2014We made last minute reservations after realizing it was restaurant week in DFW. The food was delicious and the portion sizes were perfect. The service was good even though the restaurant was quite busy. Looking forward to going back for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Good not greatBeachbumaggieDined on 8/23/2014Friendly server but drink refills were slow. Bread basket was good, crab n lobster cakes were very good n caper sauce was great. Caesar was very good, lobster bisque was ok. Mashed potatoes were very good, green beans were very good. My filet was cooked perfectly but needed seasonings n I did't enjoy the Demi glacé it was served on. Hubs enjoyed his dry aged strip. Chocolate flour less expresso cake was very smooth and deeply chocolate which is very good in my world!Special Features:
- Love it!!!FWrocksDined on 8/23/2014The Capital Grille is wonderful and Gloria Starling and her staff are the best in the business! Capital Grille has quickly become a community partner and in Fort Worth that is what makes a restaurant successful!!! It supports Fort Worth and we will support the restaurant, besides, everyone in town LOVES Gloria Starling!!!!Special Features:
- Dinner DisappointmentFTWGuy14Dined on 8/23/2014Sorry CG, you've done better. Most of my meals have been here for lunch for my team and office staff (it's always a treat). This night, it was a dinner date with another couple (that consider themselves "foodies"), the table location and atmosphere were all good but the service / follow-up and un-attentive management made we regret that I didn't go to Del's down the street. Waitress was much too inexperienced, didn't know anything about the wine list other than be subjective (surprised no one else could help), constantly had to repeat the menu / specials and clearly wasn't prepared for specific questions about food preparation. The food...all ordered steaks and each of us had "temperature" issues.Special Features:
- Perfect night out!CrowDined on 8/23/2014The whole dining experience was outstanding. Food was excellent and service was impeccable!Special Features:
- Wonderful as alwaysTeresainFortWorthDined on 8/23/2014Had a lovely time - we were there for our anniversary with a group of friends, and we were treated like royalty. The Restaurant Week menu was top-notch!Special Features:
- Great NightdeewmillerDined on 8/22/2014Had a fantastic dinner and the service was awesome. Ask for Steve!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect evening for our group!patlikestravelDined on 8/22/2014There were six of us, who get together somewhat infrequently. I chose the dining spot, courtesy of Restaurant Week, and they could get us in at a reasonable hour, and the last time I was there it was a wonderful experience. It remained a wonderful experience. Our waitress Kate took great care of us, was patient with us , our requests, and handled it all with aplomb! The food of course, was fabulous, we all had steaks, filet and strips, chocolate flourless cake or cheesecake. Perfection! Right now, they are doing their 'generous pour' where for $25 you get to select from a select group of wines, generously (Please don't forget a designated driver...). We had a great time and I would not hesitate to recommend Capital Grille.Special Features:
- BdaydinnerDined on 8/22/2014Our server, Mary, was excellent. She made us feel at home and made a birthday dinner very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect evening!BigPapaDined on 8/22/2014Our group of 4 couples enjoyed a wonderful dinner. Our waitress was awesome, the wine and food were delicious and the service was impeccable. We will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekEFGCSRDined on 8/20/2014Dinner was delicious! Best Cheesecake ever!!! The filet was superb and those potatoes rocked!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food4crazygalsDined on 8/19/2014Had a great time with friends. Felt a little ignored by the waitress. Esp when she called me mom....I wasn't the oldest there and she couldn't have been my daughter. Love the atmosphere and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New place for Lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Great service from Steve our server....Love the atmosphere and food!Special Features: