The Capital Grille - Fort Worth
800 Main Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Downtown
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Fort Worth
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 8173489200x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:00am – 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 4:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00; Sunday: 4:00pm – 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Derek Frier
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Fort Worth
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you"ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Capital Grille - Fort Worth - Best Restaurants in Fort Worth Downtown ›
The Capital Grille - Fort Worth reviews from OpenTable diners
196 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (154)romantic (101)notable wine list (97)fit for foodies (63)good for groups (42)great for lunch (21)vibrant bar scene (19)hot spot (16)neighborhood gem (13)great for outdoor dining (10)late-night find (8)great for brunch (7)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/14/2014Once again, we enjoyed a wonderful dinner......the food and beverages were delicious and Rob gave us most excellent service.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/13/2014Our salad was delivered with our steaks. Needless to say, we were not able to eat the salad.Special Features:
- Great ConsistencydllandesVIPDined on 9/13/2014As always, Capital Grille-Fort Worth meets the expectations for food quality and service. It is nice to dine at an establishment where servers remember your wine preferences, your dining preferences, and your seating preferences, without having to be reminded...even if it is a couple of months between visits. The service is always outstanding. This location has brought back the bone-in filet, hand-cut, and aged in-house. Definitely should be a keeper on the menu. Extremely flavorful and tender beyond belief. Medium-rare throughout, the flavor of this steak will hold up to any Cabernet on their wine list. The lobster mac and cheese is the most decadent side dish one can order...anywhere. Divine!! A great night out, to be sure!Special Features:
- Amazing!ApattonDined on 9/6/2014Never a bad experience here. Delmonico steak is to die for and the service is better than 5 star!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!UniquedinersVIPDined on 9/6/2014Always an amazing experience! The food is superb! Outstanding service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!TJSivDined on 9/1/2014This place was fantastic! The steaks and the wine were out of the park good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food but nothing specialRandomFoodieDined on 8/31/2014The food is good and the service is top notch but the restaurant is no better than the other high priced steak places. There are two other spots just nearby that charge as much and are equal in food and service. You won't miss ifnyou choose to go but price doesn't equal great food here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/31/2014another pleasant evening. ...Justin took excellent care of us.
- Favorite 5 Star RestaurantfortworthfoodieDined on 8/30/2014The service and food here are fantastic. After two years in a row of visiting this place for restaurant week it remains my favorite high end restaurant in Fort Worth. Despite it being a chain!Special Features:
- Always meets our expectations.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014We have dined in each of the Capital Grille restaurants in the DFW area and the Galleria in Houston. Each and every one has exceeded our expectations. Special occasions (birthdays and anniversaries) have been celebrated and each time we felt like we were the most important people there. The level of service, wine list and fabulous food never waiver. The Generous Pour was also enjoyed along with a delectable menu during restaurant week this past Friday. The menu for this promo was impressive and each of us were pleased with our choices. Cannot say enough good things about each location as they are all rated 5 star in our opinion.Special Features:
- Friday Night on the PatioMiltVIPDined on 8/29/2014Last Friday the temperature was moderate enough to enjoy a meal on their scenic patio. Little did we know that football practice would break out with kids throwing a football from one end of the patio to the other. I doubt that the staff would have tolerated such activity indoors, but after nearly 20 minutes of shouting children and tossed footballs nearly hitting our table - our tolerance gave out and we had to ask to have the football practice shut down. A manager did comp my wine for the inconvenience, but this was definitely not the atmosphere expected at this restaurant.Special Features:
- 35th AnniversaryBedohaveDined on 8/28/2014This place is incredible! The waiter (Jason B.) always called us by name, chef to our table, everything was first class! Food was indescribable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014As always, the dining experience was wonderful. We always have so much fun here that we look forward to returning. Our waitperson, Gilad Faivre, was very attentive and cordial. Would highly recommend to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over RatedFlatulenceIntheFortDined on 8/27/2014Took us an hour and a half to eat lunch. My wife's salmon was raw in the middle and we should have sent it back but we had already fed the meter twice already. Disappointed, especially for the price.Special Features:
- Great experienceLuv2eatoutDined on 8/26/2014I took my wife to Capital Grill to celebrate her birthday. The flowers I ordered were there waiting at the table. The food was exceptional and the service was the best we have ever had. Due to a prior commitment it was necessary to dine at 2pm. We were essentially alone in the dining room. The quiet was really nice. The piece de resistance was the desert. We had ordered cheese cake with berries and it came out on a plate for two with Happy Birthday Grace, handwritten in chocolate. Then our waiter took our picture and printed it for us. I recommend this for any Fort Worth diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wow factorRealtalkReviewsDined on 8/25/2014looked for someplace new and found online. filet mignon abd steak absolutely outstanding and wait staff outstanding! will definitely be returning......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- allaboutfoodDined on 8/24/2014The restaurant was easily located. The bar was very nice and the waiters were excellent. the food was amazing and I will definitely be back. We had left overs and had them for dinner the next night. The steaks were still as good as they were at the restaurants. Melt in your mouth. I will highly recommend this restaurant to all of my family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceKayanneDined on 8/24/2014I was served by Rob. Food was great. Over all it was great night all aroundSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/24/2014food was quite tasty...Rob remains our most favorite server in the city!
- A Nice Dining ExperienceGeofoodieDined on 8/23/2014We made last minute reservations after realizing it was restaurant week in DFW. The food was delicious and the portion sizes were perfect. The service was good even though the restaurant was quite busy. Looking forward to going back for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Good not greatBeachbumaggieDined on 8/23/2014Friendly server but drink refills were slow. Bread basket was good, crab n lobster cakes were very good n caper sauce was great. Caesar was very good, lobster bisque was ok. Mashed potatoes were very good, green beans were very good. My filet was cooked perfectly but needed seasonings n I did't enjoy the Demi glacé it was served on. Hubs enjoyed his dry aged strip. Chocolate flour less expresso cake was very smooth and deeply chocolate which is very good in my world!Special Features:
- Love it!!!FWrocksDined on 8/23/2014The Capital Grille is wonderful and Gloria Starling and her staff are the best in the business! Capital Grille has quickly become a community partner and in Fort Worth that is what makes a restaurant successful!!! It supports Fort Worth and we will support the restaurant, besides, everyone in town LOVES Gloria Starling!!!!Special Features:
- Dinner DisappointmentFTWGuy14Dined on 8/23/2014Sorry CG, you've done better. Most of my meals have been here for lunch for my team and office staff (it's always a treat). This night, it was a dinner date with another couple (that consider themselves "foodies"), the table location and atmosphere were all good but the service / follow-up and un-attentive management made we regret that I didn't go to Del's down the street. Waitress was much too inexperienced, didn't know anything about the wine list other than be subjective (surprised no one else could help), constantly had to repeat the menu / specials and clearly wasn't prepared for specific questions about food preparation. The food...all ordered steaks and each of us had "temperature" issues.Special Features:
- Perfect night out!CrowDined on 8/23/2014The whole dining experience was outstanding. Food was excellent and service was impeccable!Special Features:
- Wonderful as alwaysTeresainFortWorthDined on 8/23/2014Had a lovely time - we were there for our anniversary with a group of friends, and we were treated like royalty. The Restaurant Week menu was top-notch!Special Features:
- Great NightdeewmillerDined on 8/22/2014Had a fantastic dinner and the service was awesome. Ask for Steve!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect evening for our group!patlikestravelDined on 8/22/2014There were six of us, who get together somewhat infrequently. I chose the dining spot, courtesy of Restaurant Week, and they could get us in at a reasonable hour, and the last time I was there it was a wonderful experience. It remained a wonderful experience. Our waitress Kate took great care of us, was patient with us , our requests, and handled it all with aplomb! The food of course, was fabulous, we all had steaks, filet and strips, chocolate flourless cake or cheesecake. Perfection! Right now, they are doing their 'generous pour' where for $25 you get to select from a select group of wines, generously (Please don't forget a designated driver...). We had a great time and I would not hesitate to recommend Capital Grille.Special Features:
- BdaydinnerDined on 8/22/2014Our server, Mary, was excellent. She made us feel at home and made a birthday dinner very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect evening!BigPapaDined on 8/22/2014Our group of 4 couples enjoyed a wonderful dinner. Our waitress was awesome, the wine and food were delicious and the service was impeccable. We will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekEFGCSRDined on 8/20/2014Dinner was delicious! Best Cheesecake ever!!! The filet was superb and those potatoes rocked!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food4crazygalsDined on 8/19/2014Had a great time with friends. Felt a little ignored by the waitress. Esp when she called me mom....I wasn't the oldest there and she couldn't have been my daughter. Love the atmosphere and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New place for Lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Great service from Steve our server....Love the atmosphere and food!Special Features:
- Capital GrilleFWeatingVIPDined on 8/17/2014I went to Capital Grille a couple of weeks ago. We had the ribeye off the regular menu. It was GREAT! I've been there for lunch and the hamburger is the best hamburger I've ever had! I've been there a couple of times for restaurant week and I prefer the Capital Grille in Dallas for restaurant week. I had the sirloin as recommended by the waiter. Unfortunately it did not have as much flavor. It had gristle still on the outside of the meat which was not edible. Ceasar salad was good as was the dessert. I would get the filet mignon on the restaurant week menu instead of the sirloin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/17/2014It was terribly crowded and noisy this week.....made for a rather hectic dinner. Rob, as always, was wonderful with the service...and the food was very tasty...if the noise had been a bit less, it would have been what we usually have come to expect.
- Restaurant Week - Off Standard?RickDined on 8/16/2014We went for Restaurant Week. Overall the service was great, as expected. The appetizers and main course were very well done. However, the deserts were subpar and disappointing versus the rest of the meal. The portions were embarrassingly small, only a couple of small bites. This is a far cry from Capital’s normal generous standard. Overall, portions were definitely cut back and prices were increased from previous year’s Restaurant Week…unfortunate…Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday to RememberMargeneDined on 8/16/2014Three of us went to Capital Grill for my husband's birthday and we all were very pleased and stuffed when we left! We had the three course $45 meal each. I had the beef tornadoes, my husband the prime rib, and our son the chicken. Along with the sides of lobster macaroni(out of this world), creamed corn, green beans, and mashed potatoes. Everything was delicious, hot, and cooked to perfection! Our server was very attentive but not intrusive. The dessert was flourless expresso chocolate cake with fresh berries, and cheesecake with fresh berries! Wonderful! Then our server packed up all our food that we couldn't finish, took our picture and gave us one rounding out the special occasion. Thank you for a great evening!Special Features:
- Great Restaurant Week DinnerLyndaDined on 8/16/2014Wonderful place to go on special occasions. It is way too expensive to go very often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Fun!ShayneVIPDined on 8/16/2014The service, wine - loved the Generous Pour, and food were exceptional making our time out with friends even more special. The clam chowder wasn't as good as the rest of the food on the Restaurant Week menu, but the bone-in sirloin was great and the filet was fantastic.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dinner for 2DirtDoyenneDined on 8/16/2014Very enjoyable evening at The Capital Grille. We were seated promptly, and enjoyed attentive but not overbearing service. The citrus salmon was delicious, and the steak was cooked perfectly. Best bread basket we've had in a long time! We were seated in a room with 4 tables, and the noise level was acceptable. We'll definitely return to this restaurant!Special Features:
- A nice anniversary dinnerKhChDined on 8/15/2014We had dined at other Capital a Grill locations; Fort Worth location was new to us. Pineapple infused vodka at the bar before dinner was excellent. The bartender comped this upon hearing of our anniversary- a very nice touch. Server Alex was attentive but not overbearing. We had a restaurant week selection of Caesar salad and filet. They were nicely prepared and went down well with a nice bottle do Spanish wine (Juan Gill). A lovely time at a quality restaurant. Will definitely repeat.Special Features: