The Capital Grille - Dunwoody, Atlanta
94 Perimeter Center West
Dunwoody, GA 30346Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Dunwoody, Atlanta
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (770) 730-8447
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tom McEachern
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Dunwoody, Atlanta
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles… awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you"ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Capital Grille - Dunwoody, Atlanta - Best Restaurants in Dunwoody ›
The Capital Grille - Dunwoody, Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (88)romantic (62)notable wine list (58)fit for foodies (43)good for groups (39)neighborhood gem (33)great for lunch (26)vibrant bar scene (16)hot spot (14)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- My favorite restaurant in Atlanta, and SarasotaAtlantaBabsDined on 11/13/2014If I had to pick just one restaurant it would be Capitol Grille. It is always special to go there lunch or dinner. First, the servers are always friendly but not intrusive. The wine list is an adventure. And I just had the Lobster Bisque two nights ago and I'm ready to go back for more! Even the valets who park my car are friendly and respectful. Also a perfect spot for a birthday or anniversary. Let them know in advance and they will make it even more special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bus LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/11/2014Still one of my favorite places for a business lunch. Waiters know when not to interrupt, and still get the job done. Food is great and comes out quick. Enough parking in the lot and nearby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GatorDined on 11/10/2014Food was full of flavor and taste. The service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Dinner for twoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014The staff was very attentive and friendly, the lobster crabcake and Porterhouse Steak were delicious and the ambiance was perfect for a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consisten for the brandrayjr13VIPDined on 11/1/2014We had an excellent first time at Dunwoody TCG. Compared to other locations, in other states even, it was on par and didn't disappoint. The staff are warm inviting not stuffy or sterile. Start to finish conversation engaging with staff was pleasant and memorable. The food was not to be overlooked because of its predictable quality. There are fairly classic dishes with a few exceptions to the new menu and as such most everything we had was great and as expected. Maybe next time we will need to be more adventurous to have an unexpected pleasant surprise. The problem, for me for instance, is the lobster mac n cheese is too good to try anything else. We look forward to coming back and would certainly request Micheal again.Special Features:
- A night to remember!kelbo23Dined on 11/1/2014Great staff very attentive. Level of service and food off the charts. Made wedding anniversary a great night! Thanks Capital Grill PerimeterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food--great service!!DWWCDWDined on 10/30/2014Capital Grille is a great special-event restaurant. The food and service is consistently high-end!I would recommend this to a friend.
- What fun!OTPDinerVIPDined on 10/30/2014A great dining experience and super convenient location. Service is quick and efficient and servers are delightful. We always love going here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From a grateful dinermysterydinerDined on 10/29/2014I took my aunt to lunch recently to celebrate her 88th birthday. In making the reservations, I had let them know about the BD and the restaurant went above and beyond to make it special. The hostess helped us by quietly clearing the way for my aunt's progress. We arrived at our table that had been decorated for this special event. Our server, Kiana, greeted us warmly with birthday wishes for my aunt! She proceeded to make our dining experience extra special with a champagne toast, seared tuna amuse-bouche, samples of soup in demitasse cups, and a delightful trio tasting of desserts. Our food was delicious and enjoyed by all! Thank you, Kiana, for helping us make the best choices. I highly recommend this restaurant for special events!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit it out of the parkTronHDined on 10/26/2014Went for our 23rd anniversary, and noted the occasion on our reservation. EVERY person at the restaurant greeted us by name and wished us a happy anniversary. There was a lovely note on the table, and little tiny hearts decorating the setting. Our server, Kate, outstanding. We were seated next to the glass-enclosed wine room, which adds a touch of ambience to an already beautiful room. Our cocktails were perfectly prepared. All the food was exceptional, even by high-end steakhouse standards. We started with the prosciutto-wrapped mozzarella with roasted heirloom tomatoes, then onto gorgonzola-topped filet with cabernet reduction and bone-in strip sirloin. Lobster mac & cheese (with huge chunks of lobster) was particularly good.Special Features:
- Outstanding SteakJharris3400Dined on 10/25/2014I had the filet special and the steak was cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2014The Delmonico with aged balsamic was the best steak I've ever had. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No reservationJamesDined on 10/24/2014Unfortunately when I arrived they had no record of my reservation.First time I have had problem with Open Table.Special Features:
- Get rid of Ipad wine listRegularDinerVIPDined on 10/23/2014I love technology, but a wine list does not belong on an ipad. It is cumbersome, I like flipping through the pages and it actually takes much longer with the ipad to find what you want or see other options. I asked for a normal wine list and the server said they no longer have one. Well this will be my last visit to a Capital Grille. The steak was over cooked, the server was below average, they sliced our steak without even asking. I wanted to send it back but we were in a hurry and did not want to have to wait any longer. With this experience, Capital Grille is now my last choice for a steak in Atlanta. Many better options.
- Melt in Mouth Steak!Lexus2VIPDined on 10/22/2014Another wonderful steak (and lobster) meal. The service was outstanding. There were a number of "corporate tables" with very large parties but we still had very personalized service. The waiter even suggested we get half orders of 2 vegetables, which was a perfect choice. Our steaks were cooked perfectly and we even had leftovers to enjoy again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendJudyVIPDined on 10/18/2014The food and service were outstanding. My husband and I shared the Prosciutto Wrapped Mozzarella with Vine Ripe Tomatoes appetizer and shared the Filet Oscar. The wine was good. The side items are substantial, so one side item is enough for 4 people to share. Most of their menu items are large enough to share. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Date NightdatenightDined on 10/18/2014The food was pretty good...I ordered the lamb chops and the wife ordered the rib eye. Pretty good but not exceptional for the price. The waitress was a bit dry and with a slight attitude.Special Features:
- Great food and drinksMkummerDined on 10/17/2014Love the steak and the drinks aren't too bad either ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING SERVICEOut2DineVIPDined on 10/16/2014If you like to be spoiled, then this is your place. Food is exceptional as well.Special Features:
- poppiePoppieDined on 10/14/2014We went there on our anniversary and the food and service was divine as usual. It is a little pricey but it is so worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best service and great foodFSUandOUFoodiesDined on 10/11/2014We had a great birthday celebration....first time at the closer-to-us Perimeter location because we had always gone to the HG in Buckhead. The General Manager was the perfect host and server Kieana was knowledgeable and attentive. Steaks and halibut prepared to perfection. The appetizers and wines started off our evening with a smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServerFrenchyVIPDined on 10/11/2014Derrick Hall was our server and did an outstanding job and helped to make our evening very enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cammyDined on 10/9/2014Don't the location turn you off. Fine dining in chaotic area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch!celebration01Dined on 10/7/2014The dining experience was Top Notch!! We had a group of 8 celebrating a friend's birthday. The staff is seriously the best I have ever experienced. They truly made our evening special! We had Chilean Sea Bass with Heirloom Tomatoes and Saffron Tomato Broth, Sliced Filet Mignon with Cipollini Onions and Wild Mushrooms and more along with a variety of sides to share including the Lobster Mac 'N' Cheese. Every bite was delicious! Thank you Capital Grille for a memorable evening for all of us!Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/7/2014Took my wife on our anniversary. Food is always outstanding, but Jeff Hungerford, Clayton Hendron, and staff went out of the way to ensure this was a special occasion. Normally a location I go for business meals, my wife was more concerned with excellent meal over quiet romantic spot and they came through as usual. We like the energy, the personalized service, and the terrific meal was a given. Will be back soon.Special Features:
- Fabulous neighborhoodfoodieVIPDined on 10/4/2014The service was fantastic. Our waiter Joe S. was perfect. Food was outstanding. High price but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday's are quietSteveDined on 9/28/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday this past Sunday at the Capital Grille. The restaurant was at best 50% full, which was welcoming as we could take our time with dinner and had excellent service from the team working that evening. If you want a relaxed environment, then Sunday is your day.Special Features:
- ExcellentneighborhoodfindDined on 9/26/2014A wonderful find that keeps me from having to go into downtown Atlanta when I want a fabulous meal for a special occasion. Service was much better than anywhere else I have eaten in Atlanta. Five stars all the way - in every category.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feeling Special!lisaDined on 9/25/2014Joe was our waiter at Capital Grill and Kania assisted. Both were awesome! The entire staff was very attentive and several waiters, the host and others took the time to come by our table and wish us a Happy Anniversary! The complimentary dessert and champagne at the end was the "Icing on the cake!" Can't wait to go back and would recommend to anyone with a special occasion! Thanks to allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 'Twas a perfect evening....OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/23/2014We recently celebrated our son's birthday, Party of 6. We arrived to find the table, perfectly "decorated" with birthday wishes and that was just the beginning. Our dinner was perfectly paced, the service was outstanding, our dinners were perfectly prepared and we could not have chosen a better restaurant. We heeded the recommendations of our server..... the fried lobster tail appetizer was the best ever, the entrees, from lamb to filet, to filet oscar were all beautifully presented and exquisitely prepared. Now for the best..... the "birthday" dessert plates were above and beyond our expectations. Yes, we will be back for many birthdays to come!Special Features:
- excellent experience !gr8eatsDined on 9/23/2014another great experience at Capital Grille ! The food, service and atmosphere were excellent. I highly recommend it !Special Features:
- not up to parZsaZsaCootieBrainDined on 9/17/2014I think this restaurant is very overpriced. Everything, I mean everything is ala carte.. And the bone in Filet of Beef had no flavor I mean no flavor, whatsoever …wine we chose was not available… maitre de offered another which was nice, however…the main course…no flavor.Special Features:
- Great Time!!Tinman330Dined on 9/16/2014This is one of my favorite places to fine dine in the Atlanta area. I really enjoyed the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great time.ChefJRDined on 9/15/2014I had family in from out of town. I made a reservation online for capital grill.the food was amazing the drinks were perfect and Jesse's service was impeccable. I would highly recommend the Capital Grille in Dunwoody to any of my friends or fellow culinarians.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent eveningjodybpVIPDined on 9/13/2014Definitely a special occasion restaurant. Excellent food and service. You definitely get what you pay for and all was excellent.Special Features:
- very nice place for a birthdaybuckheaddinnersVIPDined on 9/13/2014They did a very nice job making an 18 year-old birthday celebration special, including ginger ale in fluted glasses and special sweets at the end.Special Features:
- luv2dineVIPDined on 9/10/2014The food was good, as it always is. But why, every time I visit this restaurant do 4 - 5 employees have to check on my dining experience throughout the meal? I get that they want to make sure the diner is satisfied, but the constant checking by various employees and managers is intrusive, and almost rude.
- RobroyDined on 9/10/2014Great food and excellent service. Perfect for special occasions. Staff very engaged and informativeSpecial Features:
- Great experienceswluv2009Dined on 9/10/2014Friendly services, the food was outstanding. We ordered smoked salmon for an appetizer, it was delicious, just wished that it came with some type of bread or crostini. The steak was outstanding and the lobster mac-n-cheese was to die for. The breast of chicken confit was nothing special, there was lack of seasoning. Overall, we enjoyed our dining experience. A bit on the pricey side, but a great place to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- A. MAY. ZING.StephanieDVIPDined on 9/6/2014This place is always on point. We had a short wait at the bar, and the bartender let us try a sample of the Stolioli - delicious! We were seated quickly, and had amazing service from 2 servers. We split a Caesar, the Delmonico, and the lobster mac & cheese. Also had an amazing bottle of wine. This place is seriously the best!Special Features: