The Capital Grille - Dunwoody, Atlanta
94 Perimeter Center West
Dunwoody, GA 30346Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Dunwoody, Atlanta
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 770-730-8447x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tom McEachern
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Dunwoody, Atlanta
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles… awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you"ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Capital Grille - Dunwoody, Atlanta - Best Restaurants in Dunwoody ›
The Capital Grille - Dunwoody, Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (84)notable wine list (56)romantic (51)good for groups (36)fit for foodies (31)great for lunch (28)neighborhood gem (27)vibrant bar scene (16)hot spot (14)late-night find (8)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Sunday's are quietSteveDined on 9/28/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday this past Sunday at the Capital Grille. The restaurant was at best 50% full, which was welcoming as we could take our time with dinner and had excellent service from the team working that evening. If you want a relaxed environment, then Sunday is your day.Special Features:
- ExcellentneighborhoodfindDined on 9/26/2014A wonderful find that keeps me from having to go into downtown Atlanta when I want a fabulous meal for a special occasion. Service was much better than anywhere else I have eaten in Atlanta. Five stars all the way - in every category.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feeling Special!lisaDined on 9/25/2014Joe was our waiter at Capital Grill and Kania assisted. Both were awesome! The entire staff was very attentive and several waiters, the host and others took the time to come by our table and wish us a Happy Anniversary! The complimentary dessert and champagne at the end was the "Icing on the cake!" Can't wait to go back and would recommend to anyone with a special occasion! Thanks to allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 'Twas a perfect evening....OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/23/2014We recently celebrated our son's birthday, Party of 6. We arrived to find the table, perfectly "decorated" with birthday wishes and that was just the beginning. Our dinner was perfectly paced, the service was outstanding, our dinners were perfectly prepared and we could not have chosen a better restaurant. We heeded the recommendations of our server..... the fried lobster tail appetizer was the best ever, the entrees, from lamb to filet, to filet oscar were all beautifully presented and exquisitely prepared. Now for the best..... the "birthday" dessert plates were above and beyond our expectations. Yes, we will be back for many birthdays to come!Special Features:
- excellent experience !gr8eatsDined on 9/23/2014another great experience at Capital Grille ! The food, service and atmosphere were excellent. I highly recommend it !Special Features:
- Great Time!!Tinman330Dined on 9/16/2014This is one of my favorite places to fine dine in the Atlanta area. I really enjoyed the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great time.ChefJRDined on 9/15/2014I had family in from out of town. I made a reservation online for capital grill.the food was amazing the drinks were perfect and Jesse's service was impeccable. I would highly recommend the Capital Grille in Dunwoody to any of my friends or fellow culinarians.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent eveningjodybpVIPDined on 9/13/2014Definitely a special occasion restaurant. Excellent food and service. You definitely get what you pay for and all was excellent.Special Features:
- very nice place for a birthdaybuckheaddinnersVIPDined on 9/13/2014They did a very nice job making an 18 year-old birthday celebration special, including ginger ale in fluted glasses and special sweets at the end.Special Features:
- RobroyDined on 9/10/2014Great food and excellent service. Perfect for special occasions. Staff very engaged and informativeSpecial Features:
- Great experienceswluv2009Dined on 9/10/2014Friendly services, the food was outstanding. We ordered smoked salmon for an appetizer, it was delicious, just wished that it came with some type of bread or crostini. The steak was outstanding and the lobster mac-n-cheese was to die for. The breast of chicken confit was nothing special, there was lack of seasoning. Overall, we enjoyed our dining experience. A bit on the pricey side, but a great place to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- A. MAY. ZING.StephanieDVIPDined on 9/6/2014This place is always on point. We had a short wait at the bar, and the bartender let us try a sample of the Stolioli - delicious! We were seated quickly, and had amazing service from 2 servers. We split a Caesar, the Delmonico, and the lobster mac & cheese. Also had an amazing bottle of wine. This place is seriously the best!Special Features:
- OkaylegallymeDined on 9/5/2014The first thing I noticed when we walked in was a funky smell. I also noticed it when we left. The way the sea bass was prepared made it the worst sea bass I have ever had but the quality of the meat was good. I like the location in Buckhead so much better. The food is always more expensive than the experience. However, I love the appetizers and go back time and time again for the view and appetizers in the Buckhead location.
- Escape from the maddening worldcalgalDined on 9/5/2014What a great Friday evening we spent at Capital Grille. We wanted a quiet romantic dinner and that is what we got. The food was fabulous. I had filet Oscar and it was covered in crab! Not just two or three pieces. Also the lobster mac and cheese was to die for... worth every calorie. Dessert.... coconut ream was exceptional as well as cappuccino. The service was great too - no rush and timed well. Kudos to Capital Grille!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite in AreaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014One of the best restaurants in area! Such special treatment on your birthday and the most gracious staff anywhere..Beautiful place, superb attention,great food! Probably my favorite place in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Special Birthday LunchAtltennisladyDined on 9/3/2014Everything was perfect! Attentive service, birthday confetti on the table, complimentary sparking champagne & a beautifully presented birthday yummy dessert. We all loved the wonderful tenderloin Cobb salad...delicious. Thank you Capital Grille for a memorable celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal everSunny8wellDined on 8/31/2014I treated 2 friends to a birthday celebration, and all of us agreed we could not have found a better meal or better service in Atlanta! The table was decorated for the occasion, and the complimentary champagne was delicious and such a nice beginning to the delicious meal. We ordered filets, and each was perfectly cooked. The lobster mac and cheese was loaded with lobster, and I wouldn't mind having that every day. Our server, Timothy Bramble, was extra attentive and made the celebration fun. You must try this restaurant - you'll make it a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top notch!RCMCDined on 8/30/2014This capital grille is absolutely amazing! From start to finish the service, food, and personnel were perfect. They made our evening very special. We were celebrating our anniversary. We ordered oysters, lobster bisque, halibut, & the delmonico ribeye. Delicious!!! Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as expectedLaurenDined on 8/30/2014We were celebrating a wedding anniversary at this location recently. Very disappointed by the servers (except for a few) that were very unprofessional. One of the managers (who looked more like a MacDonalds worker) kept coming to our table and asking if everything was ok. That's fine one time but she came over 3 different times! Food was pretty good but pricey. Cost us almost $70 for one steak, a side salad and a cup of soup (we split the large steak). They did treat us to a complimentary desert which was very good but REALLY tiny. One bite each. There is a lot of improvement that needs to be done before we will return.Special Features:
- They treat you like a Queen!Marriedfor34yrsDined on 8/29/2014We were there for our 34th anniversary and were totally surprised and thoroughly delighted to see that they had decorated our table, made several great meal and wine suggestions, prepared our meal exactly the way we requested it, were incredibly attentive (yet discreet)...and on and on. We could not have imagined a better day. Would definitely recommend this place to others. Make sure you have the lobster mac n' cheese! And ask for Alex - he was superb!Special Features:
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/27/2014We had a private business meeting over lunch. We had asked the restaurant if there was a more remote part of the restaurant that we could sit at so that we could discuss business. They put our 5 person group in a small room off the main dining area and it was absoutely exactly what we needed! Thank you
- Great Special Occasion RestaurantdrdinerDined on 8/24/2014Excellent food and service. I have never had a less than stellar experience at this particular location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointed...KevinVIPDined on 8/21/2014I'm seeing a recent but steady slip in what I've long considered one of my favorite happy hour/business lunch-dinner spots in the Perimeter. I've had issues with service and slowness at each of my last three visits - including a 20 minute wait to replace a guest's incorrect entrée (my own went cold because I wasn't going to eat without them), an entire lunch without an offered beverage refill for my table, and a 15 minute wait at the bar just to place an afternoon drink order. I'm not a complainer by nature, but I hope my fellow diners can use this to keep things moving while there... and that the restaurant management takes it to heart for possible improvement. Many thanks!
- Awesome place food sosoKevinDined on 8/19/2014The place looks awesome I wish the food was up to par and they updated their wine list
- Best meal yet!NancyVIPDined on 8/15/2014The special summer wine program was amazing. We fell in love with the Oregon La Crema Pinot Noir. Our bone in fillet and lobster were perfect. The best was the smoked bacon and cornSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2014My wife's medium well was served medium rare. The manager delivered a side dish of mushrooms we didn't order. It took 15 min for my wife's steak to cook and get delivered back to her. Attention to the water was very poor.
- Great ExperienceNya1Dined on 8/13/2014There were 3 adults and a 16 month old. Table was ready, complete with high chair. The service was wonderful, the waiter pleasant and efficient We were thanked, by name , when we left.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnersundayVIPDined on 8/10/2014What can you say about Capital Grill, I had a group of 7 people and can only say: EXCELLENT service by Ed Thomas and the food was served perfect.
- Great ResturantElvisVIPDined on 8/9/2014We celebrated our Anneversay here and the service and food was perfect They treated us Locke royalty Would highly recommend the Capital GrillSpecial Features:
- AAAAVIPDined on 8/7/2014This is the best restaurant for remarkable service in Atlanta. Manager, Server staff and chefs are incredible. Outstanding for birthday celebrations. I will dine here for my birthdays and my friends/family celebrations.Special Features:
- ImprovingChrisVIPDined on 8/6/2014This location has been around for maybe 6 months. They've yet to bring it capital grill standards, but are improving. You'll find the other locations to be better with food then this one. Portions with sides remain small to competitors. Quality of steak is better then most, but not up to the top steak houses. It's a good meal, just don't expect great. I've dined here 5 times since they've opened and see it get a bit better with every visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night for 2LadybugDined on 8/2/2014Service and food were amazing. Wii definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationWoodyDined on 8/2/2014Food and service were excellent! Steak was cooked perfectly and the sides were delicious - specifically the lobster mac & cheese. They really made my wife and I feel special for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grille PerimeterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Disappointing visit. The food was mediocre and overpriced and the service, although friendly, was slow especially since there were few diners there during our visit. Should have known it wasn't very good when we got a reservation for 4 at a primetime on Saturday and when we arrive there were only a couple of cars in the parking lot. Maybe the other locations fare better but this one is definitely off our list.
- Great Steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2014I went off my normal routine and got a sliced filet with mushrooms and onions with a light red wine reduction sauce....it was OUTSTANDING! The Lobster Mac is out of control good but do plan on taking a Lipitor afterwards :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Gracious Pour rocks!!!DiningStudDined on 7/25/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants, so we knew it would be good. But they set yet another high standard. We had never ordered the Delmonico Ribeye. I can honestly say it was one of the single best steaks of my life. Couple that with the Generous Poir wine event, and a most spectacular evening was had by all. Oh yes, and our waitress, Janeen, was awesome. Very knowledgeable wih the wine pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ChoicelinzawDined on 7/25/2014I have been to Capital Grilles in several other states and hoped this one would be just as good if not better and it was. From the warm welcome as I stepped in to the restaurant to the impeccable service we received from Alex, our waiter, all staff we came into contact with were professional, yet very friendly. That evening, I wanted to go somewhere where two women dining without their husbands would feel comfortable and have an excellent meal and we found just that. All in all we had a superb evening thanks to the Capital Grille and its lush, clubby atmosphere along with the first-rate, excellent staff. Thank you for a tremendous evening and, Alex, all your suggestions on the wine and meal menus were spot on! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opportunity to catch up with friendfrequentflierDined on 7/25/2014It's often hard to find a great restaurant that isn't too loud for a good conversation. But Capital Grille does it well - not too loud but not deadly quiet either. Possible to eat a well cooked meal and hear what your dinner partner has to say. I'll be back!Special Features:
- Great service with great food!!BillDined on 7/23/2014This is a newer CG but it is as excellent as all the others! After I dine here, I always wonder why I don't go more often.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/17/2014Great for business lunches. Wait staff knows how to be unobtrusive yet available when needed.Special Features: