The Capital Grille - Dunwoody, Atlanta
94 Perimeter Center West
Dunwoody, GA 30346Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Dunwoody, Atlanta
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 770-730-8447x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tom McEachern
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Dunwoody, Atlanta
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles… awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you"ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Capital Grille - Dunwoody, Atlanta - Best Restaurants in Dunwoody ›
The Capital Grille - Dunwoody, Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (69)notable wine list (55)romantic (41)fit for foodies (33)good for groups (33)great for lunch (33)neighborhood gem (25)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (11)late-night find (10)great for brunch (9)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Best meal yet!NancyVIPDined on 8/15/2014The special summer wine program was amazing. We fell in love with the Oregon La Crema Pinot Noir. Our bone in fillet and lobster were perfect. The best was the smoked bacon and cornSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2014My wife's medium well was served medium rare. The manager delivered a side dish of mushrooms we didn't order. It took 15 min for my wife's steak to cook and get delivered back to her. Attention to the water was very poor.
- Great ExperienceNya1Dined on 8/13/2014There were 3 adults and a 16 month old. Table was ready, complete with high chair. The service was wonderful, the waiter pleasant and efficient We were thanked, by name , when we left.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnersundayVIPDined on 8/10/2014What can you say about Capital Grill, I had a group of 7 people and can only say: EXCELLENT service by Ed Thomas and the food was served perfect.
- Great ResturantElvisVIPDined on 8/9/2014We celebrated our Anneversay here and the service and food was perfect They treated us Locke royalty Would highly recommend the Capital GrillSpecial Features:
- AAAAVIPDined on 8/7/2014This is the best restaurant for remarkable service in Atlanta. Manager, Server staff and chefs are incredible. Outstanding for birthday celebrations. I will dine here for my birthdays and my friends/family celebrations.Special Features:
- ImprovingChrisVIPDined on 8/6/2014This location has been around for maybe 6 months. They've yet to bring it capital grill standards, but are improving. You'll find the other locations to be better with food then this one. Portions with sides remain small to competitors. Quality of steak is better then most, but not up to the top steak houses. It's a good meal, just don't expect great. I've dined here 5 times since they've opened and see it get a bit better with every visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night for 2LadybugDined on 8/2/2014Service and food were amazing. Wii definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationWoodyDined on 8/2/2014Food and service were excellent! Steak was cooked perfectly and the sides were delicious - specifically the lobster mac & cheese. They really made my wife and I feel special for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grille PerimeterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Disappointing visit. The food was mediocre and overpriced and the service, although friendly, was slow especially since there were few diners there during our visit. Should have known it wasn't very good when we got a reservation for 4 at a primetime on Saturday and when we arrive there were only a couple of cars in the parking lot. Maybe the other locations fare better but this one is definitely off our list.
- Great Steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2014I went off my normal routine and got a sliced filet with mushrooms and onions with a light red wine reduction sauce....it was OUTSTANDING! The Lobster Mac is out of control good but do plan on taking a Lipitor afterwards :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Gracious Pour rocks!!!DiningStudDined on 7/25/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants, so we knew it would be good. But they set yet another high standard. We had never ordered the Delmonico Ribeye. I can honestly say it was one of the single best steaks of my life. Couple that with the Generous Poir wine event, and a most spectacular evening was had by all. Oh yes, and our waitress, Janeen, was awesome. Very knowledgeable wih the wine pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ChoicelinzawDined on 7/25/2014I have been to Capital Grilles in several other states and hoped this one would be just as good if not better and it was. From the warm welcome as I stepped in to the restaurant to the impeccable service we received from Alex, our waiter, all staff we came into contact with were professional, yet very friendly. That evening, I wanted to go somewhere where two women dining without their husbands would feel comfortable and have an excellent meal and we found just that. All in all we had a superb evening thanks to the Capital Grille and its lush, clubby atmosphere along with the first-rate, excellent staff. Thank you for a tremendous evening and, Alex, all your suggestions on the wine and meal menus were spot on! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opportunity to catch up with friendfrequentflierDined on 7/25/2014It's often hard to find a great restaurant that isn't too loud for a good conversation. But Capital Grille does it well - not too loud but not deadly quiet either. Possible to eat a well cooked meal and hear what your dinner partner has to say. I'll be back!Special Features:
- Great service with great food!!BillDined on 7/23/2014This is a newer CG but it is as excellent as all the others! After I dine here, I always wonder why I don't go more often.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/17/2014Great for business lunches. Wait staff knows how to be unobtrusive yet available when needed.Special Features:
- Food was fabulous!!accountantloverDined on 7/17/2014Definitely a place for delicious food however our service was slow. We only ordered sodas/water and entrees for lunch. It took us about 40 minutes to receive our food. I would highly recommend this place but only if you have time to enjoy it. Service was outstanding. Food was amazing. I would definitely go back again!!! Ambience was perfect.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/13/2014This was our first visit to this location and they did not disappoint. The steaks and halibut were outstanding. Will return!
- Special Anniversary eveningSusanDined on 7/12/2014The staff made our Anniversary Special. Everything was wonderful. So easy to make reservations with Open Table. From the moment we walked in to the moment we left we were treated like kings. Shana our waitress and Dan the manager were very attentive. The steaks were delicious. They even surprises us with dessert for the occasion. Thank you so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generous PourPaisleyVIPDined on 7/11/2014For about 8 weeks Capital Grille has a wine selection of about 7 wines for $25 that you can chose any and all. It is a great asset to the meal to be able to try new wines and have more of the ones you like the best. They have a great menu, great chefs, and exceptional service. It is a perfect restaurant to celebrate a special occasion, they know how to do it right.Special Features:
- Highly recommended!luv2dine52Dined on 7/11/2014Great wine list, staff was professional and on point..the fried lobster was unbelievable. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They've thought of every detailroadwarriorDined on 7/9/2014In addition to the best food in Atlanta, this restaurant has thought every detail before you even know you might want it (like the black linen napkins when you're wearing black pants). They're extremely attentive and the service is professional, warm and friendly. My favorite dishes here are the calamari appetizer, caprese salad, blackened steak, lobster mac & cheese and cheesecake. Wow!!!Special Features:
- Excellent night!jmillerDined on 7/6/2014Absolutely wonderful night for us. Party of 8 with 2 celebrations and Capital Grille was amazing and accommodating to our needs. From the front end, bartenders, and kitchen staff we couldn't have had a better time. Alex was an amazing server as well and I would highly recommend him to anyone regardless of the occasion. We will definitely be visiting again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awwwwesome!deniseVIPDined on 7/5/2014Michael Sherman, our server, is phenomenal. His warm smile, and excellent recommendations makes our dinner better than ever! He has a phenomenal memory, and remembers how we like our food and what we ordered last time. His professionalism and yet wonderful personality makes our evening enjoyable.... Ricardo, the new GM came to our table to introduce himself. He was very personable and friendly. He came by again, to say his good by's and thank you's. He was very personable and friendly. Welcome Ricardo!Special Features:
- Perfect dinnerChrisVIPDined on 6/28/2014Another outstanding dinner at Capital Grille. The fried lobster appetizer is our favorite. Steaks were well-prepared as always. I love that the kitchen staff doesn't over-season things because the ingredients are so fresh and of high quality. Great service!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014I had a lovely dinner on Saturday evening. The wait staff was excellent and the food was delicious. The Lobster Mac n Cheese was decadent but yummy. A great place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- DonnaVIPDined on 6/27/2014Capital Grille always does a fabulous job. The food is excellent and the service notable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steakhouse delivers!FrenchieDined on 6/24/20141st time at this location. Outstanding steaks (porcini and porterhouse). Lobster Mac and Cheese not as great as Park 75 but quite delish. Asparagus with lemon oil was perfectly prepared. Parm fries worth the splurge. Service (Michael) was absolutely attentive and on par (he suggested 1/2 portion of Asparagus so we could have fries. Catena malbec for $10/glass good compliment to steak.Special Features:
- LunchHawkDined on 6/23/2014I've been there a couple times before and it has always been good food. The reason I chose this place to dine is because the first couple of times it was very quiet. This time not so much. That was not the restaurants fault. A lot more diners, which is great for business. Wait staff was very good. Overall a very good visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food. Excellent ambiance.CouplesNightOutDined on 6/22/2014This is definitely a 5 star dining experience. If you are looking to spoil your wife, your husband, or your significant other for just a special occasion or just a night out, this is the place to do it. This will undoubtedly be a dining experience to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and treated like royaltyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014I have eaten at Capital Grille a few time. I knew ti would be great. They exceeded my expectations. the food was great and the services was fantastic. It was our 45th wedding anniversary and we really appreciated the special treatment. Thanks for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- finediningDined on 6/20/2014We loved the relaxed feel of this place during lunch. Had previously been to the Buckhead location and really enjoyed it and this Perimeter site is also a jewel and I will definitely return. The refreshing summer focused beverages were truly cooling on a hot summer day in Hotlanta. We loved our salads and prices were affordable with well-timed service and a friendly relaxing atmosphere. Looking forward to trying some of the dinner specials they also offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for businesstipper14Dined on 6/18/2014This restaurant is a good place to eat but on this occasion the service was slow, and my steak was not cook as i ordered. The waiter never asked me how was my steak which was over cooked. Now i did not complain as we needed to eat and go. Already waited too long. There was management everywhere but there did not seem to be a full wait or cook staff. Not the best i expect from Cap Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/13/2014Alex did a great job, his service was exceptional and we had a fantastic experience. Thank you for the amuse bouche of fired lobster, we could have eaten a basket of it!!. Well done.Special Features:
- Delicious!!beachgirlDined on 6/6/2014Had a wonderful steak dinner with my children. The service was great and the food was cooked the way we ordered it. This was not my first time at Capital Grille.Special Features:
- Met my requests perfectlyClientAdvisorVIPDined on 6/4/2014I had asked for "special handling" for a business meeting. Even though I had also indicated that it might devolve into just drinks and snacks, I was provided with a private room and very diligent server. It was so good that all but 1 had a full dinner, even though several had client or team dinners to follow the same evening. Food was up to their usual high standards. Well done Capital Grill !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealOutonthetownDined on 5/31/2014I love this restaurant, dinner never disappoints. Every is great about this place, the service, the mood, the food, everything!!Special Features:
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/30/2014Go (especially if you're on an expense account) for some fantastic steak, salad, string beans. Location is not scenic, near a mall, but it's forgiveable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- arthur jesionowskiJessieneveragain2Dined on 5/25/2014First off we have also gone to the Capital Grill in buckhead.. Will never go back to this one The Jazz music was way to HIGH!. But, worst than that. I told the waiter that my Chicken was dry and could not eat it. She took my plate and didn't that the manager come talk with us. I was totally disappointed. A good manager would always come and see what the problem was. She then charged us $29 for the terrible dry chicken. What a disappointed our bill was $177.00 plus we gave a $35.00 tip.. Nancie J
- Wonderful VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/16/2014Capital Grille is a wonderful restaurant in the Sandy Springs Area. It's so nice to have a dependable steakhouse close by. Service is always above and beyond. They really go the extra mile to wow you. The oysters and fried lobster tails were amazing to start the meal. The featured bone in filet was perfectly cooked and had extraordinary flavor. Angela Nowland and her team do a phenomenal job. Already looking forward to our next visit.Special Features: